Introducing the Ancient Sanctum Map

Commanders!

An unexplored area of New Quintessa has just been Discovered! Gather your Alliance, and prepare to conquer the Ancient Sanctum! This new map premieres on November 30th. Find out all you need to know about it here: http://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/2996/introducing-the-ancient-sanctum-am-map/
Tagged:
«13

Comments

  • DirculesDircules Posts: 431
    Such heroic nonsense.

  • I've soloed every boss you've thrown at us. No reason to expect anything different
  • Frugalli88Frugalli88 Posts: 74
    edited November 2017
    Technically, Shattered Lands was introduced first. Been playing since first AM and have never played Forgotten Ruins.

    ytc9ampo3j3y.png
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 711
    How much energy is needed to complete the map?

    Are there plans for a map overview so we can see exactly where everyone is and what nodes/links have been eliminated?

    By increasing the coordination required, more tools to support that coordination would be good.
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 135
    This is going to make mixed timezone alliances impossible, no?
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,144
    Just have to do planning with this map can’t just go in and bully the map
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,144
    Sounds awesome btw going to be interesting new mods
  • Serapth wrote: »
    This is going to make mixed timezone alliances impossible, no?

    Yeah, that's definitely my biggest concern. The mods seem fun. Not sure 100% participation during a specific window is going to be much fun at all. Some days it will be fine, but others it's going to be a PITA.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 139
    Interesting... Looking forward to the new map as well as the updates to the rewards :smile:
  • Evolving Power: Phase 3: Cycle between protection from Melee and Ranged Attack damage.
    "Protection" means completely immune, or resistance buff?
    Evolving Power: Phase 5: Upon taking lethal damage,
    "Lethal" = like Waspinator? So the Boss will have 6 more seconds upon receiving the killing strike, but no health recovery like Wasp and Megs?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 1,118
    Evolving Power: Phase 3: Cycle between protection from Melee and Ranged Attack damage.
    "Protection" means completely immune, or resistance buff?
    Evolving Power: Phase 5: Upon taking lethal damage,
    "Lethal" = like Waspinator? So the Boss will have 6 more seconds upon receiving the killing strike, but no health recovery like Wasp and Megs?

    The way I interpret this, is that if he gets hit with a killing blow, he won't lose life for that hit, and get the buff instead.
  • Great for the top 10 alliances bad for the rest of the game who don’t even attempt expert spotlight as this is the same thing.

    The devs keep going left when they should be going right. Oh well
  • Evolving Power: Phase 5: Upon taking lethal damage,
    "Lethal" = like Waspinator? So the Boss will have 6 more seconds upon receiving the killing strike, but no health recovery like Wasp and Megs?

    Pretty sure that when you kill them, they’ll get 6 seconds of invulnerability, then the next hit will really kill them. It sounds the same as the way Punisher works in MCOC
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 139
    Nightchris wrote: »
    Great for the top 10 alliances bad for the rest of the game who don’t even attempt expert spotlight as this is the same thing.

    The devs keep going left when they should be going right. Oh well

    Since map 2 will no longer offer D66 and above, it will affect at least top 30 alliances.

    It’s a pity you don’t attempt expert spotlight. There’s an easy path which doesn’t have crazy mods that you can do to aim for completion. With the rewards from that, you can at least build your bots and try to complete chap 1. Do try it, you may surprise yourself :)
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 694
    edited November 2017
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    Nightchris wrote: »
    Great for the top 10 alliances bad for the rest of the game who don’t even attempt expert spotlight as this is the same thing.

    The devs keep going left when they should be going right. Oh well

    Since map 2 will no longer offer D66 and above, it will affect at least top 30 alliances.

    It’s a pity you don’t attempt expert spotlight. There’s an easy path which doesn’t have crazy mods that you can do to aim for completion. With the rewards from that, you can at least build your bots and try to complete chap 1. Do try it, you may surprise yourself :)

    That Grimlock alone is insane for trying. Really, I'm surprised for trying.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 139

    That Grimlock alone is insane for trying. Really, I'm surprised for trying.

    I didn’t succeed the first time either. (Cos I didn’t read the mod :D ) then I asked my alliance and friends how they took Grimlock. They shared tips and videos. Then I realised, when purple buff is on, run far af. Then attack like mad when purple buff is off. Had to revive once the second time around but 2-3 times of IH SP2 took care of Grimlock. My officers were happy I finally recognized buffs... >_<

    Dinobot was a lot worse for me.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 431
    I think cutting off SL at 66 is a bit harsh. If people want to have it easy and not score higher on rankings why not let them. Don’t force people into a AM that requires 6 people to play. Plenty of alliances that do 66+ rely on 2-3 people and carry the rest, they’ll be screwed with this.
  • Nightchris wrote: »
    Great for the top 10 alliances bad for the rest of the game who don’t even attempt expert spotlight as this is the same thing.

    The devs keep going left when they should be going right. Oh well

    I don't know where you're getting your info but I run a top 30 alliance and most of us have at least 1 lined Expert Spotlight with several having gotten 100% on chap 1(super easy this time around) and chap 2. The new map is not meant for everyone just like expert spotlight is not for everyone.
    Dircules wrote: »
    I think cutting off SL at 66 is a bit harsh. If people want to have it easy and not score higher on rankings why not let them. Don’t force people into a AM that requires 6 people to play. Plenty of alliances that do 66+ rely on 2-3 people and carry the rest, they’ll be screwed with this.

    I don't know how true that is. And devs have already said that diff 1 of new map is roughly equivalent to diff 40 of SL. So anyone in a 66+ diff alliance atm should easily be able to handle diff 1 of Ancient Sanctum. MCoC has already shown that as the maps progressed, they required more and more teamwork and communication. So nothing new here.
  • i second Dircules. our guild is exactly like he mentioned. we have 12+ descent players but others still need some support,, when the new map requires all 6 players to complete each lanes, that means we have to set the difficulties to the lowest achievable,,, (´×ω×`)

    we were having fun working together, helping out each others untill we hear this announcement, now it has been a chaos, some are talking who we should get rid,,,,

    haven't you ever thought of letting each groups to chose their own difficulties? this will help majority of guild like us and wouldn't it be more strategic?
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,144
    aiyu1221 wrote: »
    i second Dircules. our guild is exactly like he mentioned. we have 12+ descent players but others still need some support,, when the new map requires all 6 players to complete each lanes, that means we have to set the difficulties to the lowest achievable,,, (´×ω×`)

    we were having fun working together, helping out each others untill we hear this announcement, now it has been a chaos, some are talking who we should get rid,,,,

    haven't you ever thought of letting each groups to chose their own difficulties? this will help majority of guild like us and wouldn't it be more strategic?

    How would this solve your inactivity problem because all would still be doing same map even if difficulty was different. As well those that don’t want to find 18 reliable can stay running sl the rewards are changing for all as stated already

  • sure this isn't gonna solve the inactivity problem, but this will give options to the guild that has members with different player skill and bot rates.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 711
    @Nightchris makes a good point.

    It would be interesting to know how many alliances, what percentage, actually do diff 40+, because half of the alliances in the game do diff 15 or less.

    ..and then of those alliances that do 40+, which ones have full equal participation to be able to do this new map. And then of those, who have a full 18 to get 100% on all 3 groups.

    Even if we say it's top 30, how many alliances is that out of? 300+? 5000 ish people in alliances of approx 15? Don't we have like 10,000 or 15,000 players? Top 30 is a couple of hundred.

    Would any disagree that the vast majority will be unable to do this new map?

    This is huge new piece of new content, they actually spent time and money developing something that only a tiny portion of the player base can experience. That seems like a huge fail to me. Even if it was only good for 50% that would still be too low. Why wouldn't developers want as many people as possible to be able to enjoy the new content they've been working on?

    Isn't the fact that it requires 6 lanes and has all these mods enough of a challenge that it can scale from 1 to 100 with similar pis to map 2 but maybe increasing more so that everyone can enjoy and experience this new style of map in some form while still having a higher upper cap than map 2? What about people that just want something new and different to keep the game interesting? Why wouldn't anyone want to design it so everyone can play it. Diff 1-100 with a base the same as map 2 but a higher scaling multiplier. Problem solved. Everyone gets new content and the top % get a higher challenge. Everyone wins. There's no harm doing it this way.

    It's like, imagine if Hearthstone's new dungeon mode only unlocked each month when you hit rank 5, as an extra challenge for the highest of the high. It wouldn't make sense.

    All the rank rewards are already geared at the top 7%. Are we now going in a direction where we're making exclusive gameplay content for that portion as well? What's next? Super raids? Ultimate arenas? It just seems like a really close minded and tunnel vision way of trying to do things when there's easy ways to make content open for everyone.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,144
    Well our lowest tier does almost 60 and finishes about rank 50 so as usual your estimates are far from accurate.

    This map will have higher multiplier yes I’m sure but there will be plenty of alliances that stay running map 2 it’s a choice if you want to push your limits you run what you can.

    If your casual you run what you can as well but you already don’t care about rank rewards being so.


    In mcoc they have 6 maps and alliances run all levels of them. Each map is more catered to where your alliance is. Seems pretty simple concept. There’s plenty of people that never ran map 6 there and prolly have no desire to, same with guys that don’t have desire to run rok or spotlight expert etc
  • Top 30 is more like 500+, not a couple of hundred. Content is made for players to grow into. If everything was for everyone, where’s the incentive to grow? Such thinking is what is ruining our country and turning it into a third world nation. It’s great that map 3 fosters teamwork and growth.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 1,118
    Terminal wrote: »
    @Nightchris makes a good point.

    It would be interesting to know how many alliances, what percentage, actually do diff 40+, because half of the alliances in the game do diff 15 or less.

    ..and then of those alliances that do 40+, which ones have full equal participation to be able to do this new map. And then of those, who have a full 18 to get 100% on all 3 groups.

    Even if we say it's top 30, how many alliances is that out of? 300+? 5000 ish people in alliances of approx 15? Don't we have like 10,000 or 15,000 players? Top 30 is a couple of hundred.

    Would any disagree that the vast majority will be unable to do this new map?

    This is huge new piece of new content, they actually spent time and money developing something that only a tiny portion of the player base can experience. That seems like a huge fail to me. Even if it was only good for 50% that would still be too low. Why wouldn't developers want as many people as possible to be able to enjoy the new content they've been working on?

    Isn't the fact that it requires 6 lanes and has all these mods enough of a challenge that it can scale from 1 to 100 with similar pis to map 2 but maybe increasing more so that everyone can enjoy and experience this new style of map in some form while still having a higher upper cap than map 2? What about people that just want something new and different to keep the game interesting? Why wouldn't anyone want to design it so everyone can play it. Diff 1-100 with a base the same as map 2 but a higher scaling multiplier. Problem solved. Everyone gets new content and the top % get a higher challenge. Everyone wins. There's no harm doing it this way.

    It's like, imagine if Hearthstone's new dungeon mode only unlocked each month when you hit rank 5, as an extra challenge for the highest of the high. It wouldn't make sense.

    All the rank rewards are already geared at the top 7%. Are we now going in a direction where we're making exclusive gameplay content for that portion as well? What's next? Super raids? Ultimate arenas? It just seems like a really close minded and tunnel vision way of trying to do things when there's easy ways to make content open for everyone.

    The devs aren't building new content for everyone to earn a participation ribbon. The content for everyone has already been established.

    The new content is for players that are progressing in the game, and it is motivation for those who can't complete it now to get themselves to a level where they can.. either by joining a better alliance or spending to leapfrog themselves into it.

    If you can't do it, then play SL map. Not all content is for all players.

    Having the estimated entry level difficulty equivalent to D40 is a good move. It offers inclusion for the mid range alliances.

    This entire post just sounds like something you saw an opportunity to be a social justice warrior about for the day.

  • Terminal wrote: »
    @Nightchris makes a good point.

    It would be interesting to know how many alliances, what percentage, actually do diff 40+, because half of the alliances in the game do diff 15 or less.

    ..and then of those alliances that do 40+, which ones have full equal participation to be able to do this new map. And then of those, who have a full 18 to get 100% on all 3 groups.

    Even if we say it's top 30, how many alliances is that out of? 300+? 5000 ish people in alliances of approx 15? Don't we have like 10,000 or 15,000 players? Top 30 is a couple of hundred.

    Would any disagree that the vast majority will be unable to do this new map?

    This is huge new piece of new content, they actually spent time and money developing something that only a tiny portion of the player base can experience. That seems like a huge fail to me. Even if it was only good for 50% that would still be too low. Why wouldn't developers want as many people as possible to be able to enjoy the new content they've been working on?

    Isn't the fact that it requires 6 lanes and has all these mods enough of a challenge that it can scale from 1 to 100 with similar pis to map 2 but maybe increasing more so that everyone can enjoy and experience this new style of map in some form while still having a higher upper cap than map 2? What about people that just want something new and different to keep the game interesting? Why wouldn't anyone want to design it so everyone can play it. Diff 1-100 with a base the same as map 2 but a higher scaling multiplier. Problem solved. Everyone gets new content and the top % get a higher challenge. Everyone wins. There's no harm doing it this way.

    It's like, imagine if Hearthstone's new dungeon mode only unlocked each month when you hit rank 5, as an extra challenge for the highest of the high. It wouldn't make sense.

    All the rank rewards are already geared at the top 7%. Are we now going in a direction where we're making exclusive gameplay content for that portion as well? What's next? Super raids? Ultimate arenas? It just seems like a really close minded and tunnel vision way of trying to do things when there's easy ways to make content open for everyone.

    No, he does not make a good point because right off the bat he states an absolutely ludicrous statement that is way, way, way wrong. That alone invalidates what else he has to say imo. It's already been said. Before when expert spotlight landed and people complained about not being able to do it and now when people are once again complaining that they can't do it. Nowhere in the eula, tos or forums does it say that all new content is designed for all players. Like @Manthro said. Instead of complaining about not being able to do it, use it as motivation to work harder so you can.
  • Terminal wrote: »
    @Nightchris makes a good point.

    It would be interesting to know how many alliances, what percentage, actually do diff 40+, because half of the alliances in the game do diff 15 or less.

    ..and then of those alliances that do 40+, which ones have full equal participation to be able to do this new map. And then of those, who have a full 18 to get 100% on all 3 groups.

    Even if we say it's top 30, how many alliances is that out of? 300+? 5000 ish people in alliances of approx 15? Don't we have like 10,000 or 15,000 players? Top 30 is a couple of hundred.

    Would any disagree that the vast majority will be unable to do this new map?

    This is huge new piece of new content, they actually spent time and money developing something that only a tiny portion of the player base can experience. That seems like a huge fail to me. Even if it was only good for 50% that would still be too low. Why wouldn't developers want as many people as possible to be able to enjoy the new content they've been working on?

    Isn't the fact that it requires 6 lanes and has all these mods enough of a challenge that it can scale from 1 to 100 with similar pis to map 2 but maybe increasing more so that everyone can enjoy and experience this new style of map in some form while still having a higher upper cap than map 2? What about people that just want something new and different to keep the game interesting? Why wouldn't anyone want to design it so everyone can play it. Diff 1-100 with a base the same as map 2 but a higher scaling multiplier. Problem solved. Everyone gets new content and the top % get a higher challenge. Everyone wins. There's no harm doing it this way.

    It's like, imagine if Hearthstone's new dungeon mode only unlocked each month when you hit rank 5, as an extra challenge for the highest of the high. It wouldn't make sense.

    All the rank rewards are already geared at the top 7%. Are we now going in a direction where we're making exclusive gameplay content for that portion as well? What's next? Super raids? Ultimate arenas? It just seems like a really close minded and tunnel vision way of trying to do things when there's easy ways to make content open for everyone.

    Git gud hippie millennial. No participation trophies will be passed out here.
  • Can't believe there are people complaining about a new map and content. If you or your alliance don't challenge yourself to push for higher difficulty, then those that do shouldn't be penalised. You play am for the competitive aspect of the game, not to play with your thumbs at difficulty 30.

    Stop being such whiney babies.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 62
    edited November 2017
    New players aren't suppose to compare themselves to anyone, because you know, they are NEW to the game. This is not about being nice to new players, or being generous, this is about the fact that there are certain people expect to be rewarded for every late stage content released despite the fact its suppose to be a difficult challenge for all players, veteran or not.
  • KingChris2KingChris2 Posts: 96
    edited November 2017
    Those that cannot keep up or complaining about the new map; either join better alliance, get better or sit back and watch other alliance get great rewards.
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.