Version 2.1 Patch Notes Discussion

124»

Comments

  • This patch is TERRIBLE.

    1) You absolutely destroyed Ratchet. He has little to no viability now. "Ratchet is still going to be super capable and very usable" said no man ever, except for @Kabam Miike.
    2) You destroyed the Arena balance by allowing enemy bots to get a 20% Attack Boost. The fact you tried to say it's intentional is laughable as well. Yeah, okay. You tell us how important Arena balance is constantly, then let a 20% power increase to enemy Bots in Arena creep into the game without being in the patch notes?
    3) You broke the game on Nvidia Shield Portables. It's been three weeks since I was able to launch the game on my device of choice. No mention of a fix. Nothing at all, except for more nerfs and ways to grab cash from your loyal fanbase.
    4) You've refused to address the rampant crashing issues on Android and failed to revert the insane health loss that was instituted with the 2.0 patch. When you crash multiple times a day, mainly during AM, it's simply unacceptable to take such a health hit.

    You nerfed the hell out of Ratchet so we CAN'T keep him healed in AM (i.e. stripping him of all of his uniqueness and purpose). You didn't revert or lower the Health loss on App crashes, even though the Bugs section of the forum is littered with Android users telling you how unstable the game is on their devices. All that tells me is you are out for one thing: MONEY. You aren't here to work with the players, you are here to nickel and dime every last cent out of our pockets. Not only that, but you do it with a smile and tell us to accept it. How about no?

    Who is in charge of your marketing and design direction? Because their decision making is abhorrent. You have done nothing in recent patches to improve the game for the PLAYERS. Instead, you've implemented more and more ways to force the player base to open their wallets.

    I'm so tired of it.
  • This patch is TERRIBLE.

    1) You absolutely destroyed Ratchet. He has little to no viability now. "Ratchet is still going to be super capable and very usable" said no man ever, except for @Kabam Miike.
    2) You destroyed the Arena balance by allowing enemy bots to get a 20% Attack Boost. The fact you tried to say it's intentional is laughable as well. Yeah, okay. You tell us how important Arena balance is constantly, then let a 20% power increase to enemy Bots in Arena creep into the game without being in the patch notes?
    3) You broke the game on Nvidia Shield Portables. It's been three weeks since I was able to launch the game on my device of choice. No mention of a fix. Nothing at all, except for more nerfs and ways to grab cash from your loyal fanbase.
    4) You've refused to address the rampant crashing issues on Android and failed to revert the insane health loss that was instituted with the 2.0 patch. When you crash multiple times a day, mainly during AM, it's simply unacceptable to take such a health hit.

    You nerfed the hell out of Ratchet so we CAN'T keep him healed in AM (i.e. stripping him of all of his uniqueness and purpose). You didn't revert or lower the Health loss on App crashes, even though the Bugs section of the forum is littered with Android users telling you how unstable the game is on their devices. All that tells me is you are out for one thing: MONEY. You aren't here to work with the players, you are here to nickel and dime every last cent out of our pockets. Not only that, but you do it with a smile and tell us to accept it. How about no?

    Who is in charge of your marketing and design direction? Because their decision making is abhorrent. You have done nothing in recent patches to improve the game for the PLAYERS. Instead, you've implemented more and more ways to force the player base to open their wallets.

    I'm so tired of it.

    Hey ToxieAvenger,

    I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with the game at this time. I've taken your frustrations to the team, and they are aware. If you'd like, please give us some constructive feedback on what you think we can do better.

    Ratchet had to be adjusted. To say that he wasn't completely unbalanced is an exaggeration. We are continuing to monitor his effectiveness for the future to make sure that the adjustments made to him do not make him fall behind the rest of the Bots in terms of balance and effectiveness.

    The addition of those buffs in Arena were intentional, but we have decided to remove them now. You will no longer run into opponents with those buffs.

    As for the Nvidia shield, like we said when it was first brought up, we are looking into it right now. We aren't quite sure why it's performing the way that it is, but want to figure it out. This can take a while and isn't an easy job that can be done overnight. We are committed to getting the game running as smoothly as possible on as many devices as possible, but this takes time and engineering. It's a continued process that we are constantly making progress on.

    Like we said, if you have any constructive feedback on how we can improve, please send it our way.
  • Tezz001Tezz001 Posts: 53
    So much moaning over Ratchet, honestly I still have no trouble using him in raids, in AM, or Story, or Arena. Basically you just have to learn how to fight with him! Like you did before his adjustments. Anyhow that's not why I'm here, just I hadn't to scroll through all the ranting to see if any info on the next spotlight had been given.

    Kabam, any news on the next spotlight?

    Thanks.
  • Tezz001 wrote: »
    So much moaning over Ratchet, honestly I still have no trouble using him in raids, in AM, or Story, or Arena. Basically you just have to learn how to fight with him! Like you did before his adjustments. Anyhow that's not why I'm here, just I hadn't to scroll through all the ranting to see if any info on the next spotlight had been given.

    Kabam, any news on the next spotlight?

    Thanks.

    It'll be up tomorrow!
  • Tezz001Tezz001 Posts: 53
    Thank you Mike
  • I'm not a fan of what has happened to Ratchet as others have already stated.

    Any chance that Soundwave & Prowl will get a week in the Raid chips? I'd like to see Ultra Magnus as well but SW & Prowl are my bigger needs.
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    Tezz001 wrote: »
    So much moaning over Ratchet, honestly I still have no trouble using him in raids, in AM, or Story, or Arena. Basically you just have to learn how to fight with him! Like you did before his adjustments. Anyhow that's not why I'm here, just I hadn't to scroll through all the ranting to see if any info on the next spotlight had been given.

    Kabam, any news on the next spotlight?

    Thanks.

    What AM level are you playing? If you are in the higher levels 40-50+, you will see how heavily nerfed Ratchet has been. He struggles to kill in time due to the power gen nerf, while he will get one shot while in regen range. For top tier alliances, he has been heavily nerfed.

    It's clear and 100% obvious WHY he was nerfed too, and it's got nothing to do with "balance". He didn't require potion spends.

    Nothing more.

  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    If Kabam gave a damn about balance, we wouldn't see Grinder + Harm Accelerator on the first node or EVERY single raid. Or the fact OG and MV1 prime, Iron Hide and a few other bots compose the vast majority of AM teams.

    The advantage of Ratchet consists entirely of being the only healing bot, and that apparently hurt potion sales. Same stuff happened with MCoC and ultimately is why I no longer play that game.
  • Tezz001Tezz001 Posts: 53
    Ok maybe I didn't make myself clear on the Ratchet thing, I DONT CARE, moan or hold your tongue, changes happen, live with it, you don't have to buy repair kits or revives, you don't HAVE to buy anything, it's a choice you can make, or not. Moaning over and over about your advantage in AM being "nerfed" isn't going to do anything but frustrate yourself. Find a new way of gaining an advantage, change your tactics, going up against Ironhide with Ratchet is a bad idea as ironhide will proc on his sp2 and one shot kill Ratchet, so use a different bot where you can gain an advantage. Don't just sit back and rely on the same old same old, then moan when the developers catch on and decide to shake things up, life is like that, you have to learn to adjust, that's all Kabam is trying to do, they aren't trying to rip you off, or force you to spend you cash on in-app purchases, they offer them, but you don't have to buy. If you don't lik the changes, well tough.

    Oh you may try to troll me for what I've said, but seriously your wasting your own time, as I just won't pay any attention to it. My last word on this subject is above.

    Thank you for reading or not, I don't care, I only came here to see if any news had been added.
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    Tezz001 wrote: »
    Ok maybe I didn't make myself clear on the Ratchet thing, I DONT CARE, moan or hold your tongue, changes happen, live with it, you don't have to buy repair kits or revives, you don't HAVE to buy anything, it's a choice you can make, or not. Moaning over and over about your advantage in AM being "nerfed" isn't going to do anything but frustrate yourself. Find a new way of gaining an advantage, change your tactics, going up against Ironhide with Ratchet is a bad idea as ironhide will proc on his sp2 and one shot kill Ratchet, so use a different bot where you can gain an advantage. Don't just sit back and rely on the same old same old, then moan when the developers catch on and decide to shake things up, life is like that, you have to learn to adjust, that's all Kabam is trying to do, they aren't trying to rip you off, or force you to spend you cash on in-app purchases, they offer them, but you don't have to buy. If you don't lik the changes, well tough.

    Oh you may try to troll me for what I've said, but seriously your wasting your own time, as I just won't pay any attention to it. My last word on this subject is above.

    Thank you for reading or not, I don't care, I only came here to see if any news had been added.

    You seem to be under some allusion that I care in the slightest about your opinion. I do not, you and your opinion are irrelevant to me.

    Your argument on the other hand is relevant and flawed. If we idly accept nerfs in this game, it's the beginning of the end. There is a massive investment in max forging a bot. Even more so 3 bots built around synergy. Having Kabam smash the usefulness of literally hundreds of hours of effort shouldn't result in a shrug and dismissal. Especially when the reason is extremely dubious.

  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    Oh and for the record, the audience of my response isn't you, it's Kabam.
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    The reason is clear, this Bot was invicble, therefore overpowered. So stop whining and start accepting that you were using a cheated Bot. This fact is so obvious when everyone saying they were using it basically have an extra edge over the opponents.
    However, I do agree that nerfing him so late after his release is not cool after people spent so much resources on him. But Is till think it's a powerful Bot and I kick ass with him.
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    Peyote wrote: »
    The reason is clear, this Bot was invicble, therefore overpowered. So stop whining and start accepting that you were using a cheated Bot. This fact is so obvious when everyone saying they were using it basically have an extra edge over the opponents.
    However, I do agree that nerfing him so late after his release is not cool after people spent so much resources on him. But Is till think it's a powerful Bot and I kick ass with him.

    Ratchet served on propose. He was an effective grinder in high end AM content and had good synergies. That was it. His attack was probably the weakest in the game, he had no real armor nor special ability beyond his power gen and healing. The only reason he stands out is he is the only healing bot currently in the game (MV1 excepted).

    Hell, I didn't use him outside of AM as other bots are better across the board. If Kabam started adding more bots with heal ability like MCoC, Ratchet would be completely irrelevant. Of course this will hurt pot sales
  • Peyote wrote: »
    The reason is clear, this Bot was invicble, therefore overpowered.

    Spoken like a man who never played Ratchet.

    He was far from invincible. He was just capable of healing damage taken, but only if you played your cards right and were adept at the game. You still needed a large amount of skill, just like any other Bot. He has a very low damage output, his versatility came from his Power Gain on Heavy and his ability to withstand chip damage by self-healing. He was still prone to counters. He was still prone to combos. He was still prone to special attacks. He was far from invincible.

    But Kabam was unhappy because he became an AM staple for savvy players who knew how to utilize him properly. Kabam makes money off Potion/Revive sales. Having a Bot that rarely requires Potions/Revives essentially goes against their entire business model.

    With that said, blindly nerfing a Bot, without prior notice or warning to the community, is a deceptive marketing practice. No one was notified or given a heads up that Ratchet MIGHT be changed. It was just casually dropped into the patch notes. We weren't asked for feedback. We weren't asked to play test any changes before they were implemented. We weren't even given a chance to survey the potential changes and provide any insight into the depth of the nerf. Instead, we were forced into a bad situation and told to "deal with it".
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    More to the point of the unannounced and unwanted nerf...

    All the ones we are actually waiting for didn't happen. How hard would it be to remove that stacking on Harm Accelerators or fix AI for holding attacks?

    Oh wait... Those help sell potions, no priority then.
  • Serapth wrote: »
    More to the point of the unannounced and unwanted nerf...

    All the ones we are actually waiting for didn't happen. How hard would it be to remove that stacking on Harm Accelerators or fix AI for holding attacks?

    Oh wait... Those help sell potions, no priority then.

    We've actually already adjusted Harm Accelerator once in the past, and are still monitoring it for the future, but there are also some solutions for Harm Accelerator coming in the near future (*cough*Grimlock*cough*).

    Additionally, we have already acknowledged that we are looking into the situation about enemies holding on to their Special attacks more. If you remember, we were the ones that brought that up when we decided to make enemies do that less, but there was an issue that caused that not to work.
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 191
    Interestingly Megatron now heals too. Grimlock and Megs certainly seem to be the next God tier bots. I'm already being raided by max dupped 4* megatrons!
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 473
    Update iOS with new 2.1.1 update and the downloading asscets screen keeps showing up on every loading screen, its so annoying in raids those screens show up in the bot select screen and before the fight, takes like ten minutes to complete a raid now, it's even In the arena before each round. 0zpo5ldfybh5.jpg please fix.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 349

    And we'll keep an eye on that. If we find that he isn't performing very well anymore, we'll make further adjustments to ensure that he stats in line with other Bots, the same way we did with Arcee and Mixmaster.

    How is the Ratchet monitoring going? I would say he definitely doesn't perform very well. His attack or power gain could really use a boost. I don't use him for AMs or raids anymore because there are lower rated bots that perform better than him now.
124»
Sign In or Register to comment.