Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

October Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 222
    @Kabam Miike my question is that in crystal bounty arena before update scoring 650,000 points gave me 1000 4* shard now how much will I get in that score?
  • Options
    Dircules wrote: »
    Manthro wrote: »

So, it's definitely not as bad as everyone thinks, the only real issue being gold (and maybe PBC shards) if/when donations return.

There is a PBC a day through new class events. I think they're fine too.

I think these class events rewards are great! They really help our newbie players. The higher rating members carry them along so they can rank up their roster.
  • Options
    DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Spidey076 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike my question is that in crystal bounty arena before update scoring 650,000 points gave me 1000 4* shard now how much will I get in that score?
    500 if you account for duration being half as long. Little bit more if you also factor in rank rewards for that.

New system you would have to get 3-10% for comparable returns (+10 arena crystals that you didn't get from crystal bounty before). Which ... 325k(also half the points) might just get you? Try it and find out. If you get into like 25%+ then yeah new system is failing. If you get under 10% then it's bang on.
  • Options
    Spidey076 wrote: »

nice question i want same replacement .
    lets me see how you put this ask your team how will they put up this.
    waiting for the answer so badly ;)
  • Options

So, it's definitely not as bad as everyone thinks, the only real issue being gold (and maybe PBC shards) if/when donations return.

There is a PBC a day through new class events. I think they're fine too.

I think these class events rewards are great! They really help our newbie players. The higher rating members carry them along so they can rank up their roster.

you really want to know what new players are asking.
    they are asking how do they upgrade the bot.
    where is the gold ? what happened to the energon they use to earn every week around 450+
    how do i get it..oh yes from arena may be 1-2 crystal are more tha enough for the upgrade ...right??

and what is done for energon , how we are going to get that what is done for it?
    pls dont say its also cut in 1/4th..@kabam mike
  • Options
    Yaaa nobody wants to raid because combined with arena it's too much grind and of the two people prefer arena as it WAS more rewarding now you killed the most rewarding part of the game. How is going from getting 1k 4star shards for reaching all milestones in crystal bounty to going to only top in the leader board get 1k 4star shards a step forward to You? All I ask @Kabam Miike is you guys simply be reasonable to the players that overall pay kabams profits

Because that was a 2-day arena and this is a 1-day arena. Plus there are actually 3 days of it. Potential 4* shards went up.

Potential? Before it was a guarantee why not just cut the top milestone from 1k 4star shards total to a total of 400 4star shards that's 200 increase over 3days but we have to "work for it"
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Terminal wrote: »
    However, milestones still exist for feature bots arena. So they aren't removed.
    How do you know?
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited October 2017
    Because that was a 2-day arena and this is a 1-day arena. Plus there are actually 3 days of it. Potential 4* shards went up.
    There's an important factor for Arena: the 15+ streak. That's when you feel safe and when your scores go "boom". Before the update, I can catch up if I fail once, even twice, to hit the 620k milestone of the Crystal Bounty and secure my 1000 4* shards. Now, every 24 hours, the infinite streak is cleared. You have to start from scratch and pray you do very right before 15 wins. If you fail once, this 1-day Arena is ruined.

It is still the same problem: "working hard for yourself" versus "working hard to kick ass (or get kicked)". If you boss in real life introduces a similar system in your salary (no regular wage and purely performance based)... Off point: I can guarantee that this doesn't exist even in China, LOL.
  • Options
    How do you know?

Featured Bot Arena
    The Featured Bot Arena will still be here, but in a completely different form! You’ll be able to score Featured Bot Chips from Arena Milestones, as well as from the Rank Rewards! Remember, these are 24 hour long Arenas, so you’ll be able to compete in them 7 times a week, and there will be 2 weeks of these!

From Milestones, you’ll be able to earn 2250 Chips per Arena. Theoretically, this means if you can hit all of the Milestones (the highest being 320,000) all 14 days of the Arena, you’ll have won 31,500 Featured Bot Chips!

This doesn’t include the Chips you can win from Rank rewards, where the top 10 players every day will win 1500 Bot Chips!

it is right there in the notes
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Of course they won't answer...they should remans arenas "the Kabam cash grab"...arenas have officially been ruined. You can bet they won't change no matter how we feel.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    How do you know?

Because he reads. Go read :)
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I think players are losing sight of the overall picture regarding arena rewards.

Guys, you all talk about math and how kabam didn't calculate it correctly, but I think that's because you aren't looking at what you take away from arena rewards across an entire week.

It's definitely on par with the old arenas, and it takes way less time to achieve the same result. I played half as much for the 1st crystal arena as I usually do and walked away with a fantastic reward package. I multiply that across 2 days and I am definitely taking away more than the original arena.

Stop and take a closer look at what you are earning on a weekly basis. Stop looking at a single day of arena. Tally your rewards for a full week.

You're gonna find this new arena system is well thought out.
  • Options
    MallowmanMallowman Posts: 125
    The only real loss is the energon. I used to be able to farm enough from arena crystals to buy the hard mission deal after completion. There is no way now. This makes every "deal" a pay
  • Options
    TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited October 2017
    Hmm, I don't think making a hidden rank system more convoluted with 'micro' ranks of 2% and 3% is the way.

1. Hidden ranks are not fun.
    It's incredibly annoying competing for an invisible rank. 1 series could be all the difference between these 3% ranks. There's no way to know and that is super frustrating. No one wants to play a blind grind and just see if we 'got lucky' with the rank we wanted.

2. How will it be divided?
    11-20% has 450. will 20% still have 450 or will 11% have the 450? It's going to suck if you push the rewards higher up.

3. Scoring.

Right now, scores appear low and it seems easy to get points for rank but in the future it won't be, because;

A. The region split has artificially lowered things temporarily.

B. Many people are angry and not bothering to play properly as their motivation is gone and they're not getting rewarded in crystals equal to their effort, so it's temporarily lower.

C. Daily resets breaking multipliers. There's little point trying to build a 15x streak now, there's no time to build it and no time to benefit from it. Playing within the last hours of a 24 hr block nerfs you going in to the next 24hr block. I think the whole match making system needs a rework to fit a 24 hr block instead of a 3 day block. Reduce 15x streak to 10x streak or something.

This makes it somewhat permanently lower.

D. Additionally, in a proper functioning world, all that will happen is the cutoffs will scale up over time just like with feature bots, we all saw top 50 cutoff keep increasing. So even if it's a bit less than before for cutoff, it soon won't be (and if people played like they did pre-update, it wouldn't be).

The same will happen with this. Over time, the same amount of effort and points will be worth less. Milestones do not have that problem.

Just bring milestones back, why waste so much time, energy and resources trying to make this rank system work. Invest the time in to other areas of the game.

4. balancing micro ranks
    There is no way to balance these 3% ranks, it's just going to give us less, they're already giving us less.

In the old crystal bounty, getting all the milestones equalled 11-20% but the new 11-20% gives 450, so that's 100 less shards over 2 days of arena, plus the extra hundred or so for the actual old rank.

Dividing up tiny 1 day rewards just to try and balance arena crystals seems so absurd, just return arena chips, problem solved.

Micro ranks with micro rewards is just silly.

Look at 1-10 compared to 1-2%... 100 4* shards and 2 arena crystals. What's the point of even having it? Even 3-10% has the same 3* and pbc reward as 1-10.

You want to split that into 5 levels of ranks, it's going to look even worse. If rank rewards don't even change the higher up you go, except for arena crystals. There's no point having a dozen ranks where the only difference is arena crystals.. just let us earn crystals normally.

Rant about changing the system:

This is so much effort to try and take something away from players and make it 'look balanced'.

Why are we spending so much time trying to balance arena crystal payouts to be equal to the old system.. just use the oldsystem. It's never going to be the same, we either get more or get less from a different system, and it's VERY OBVIOUS that kabam wants to give us less. if they wanted to give more, they wouldn't even NEED a new system, if they wanted us to have more they could simply increase arena chip payouts from 100 to 120 or whatever.

Obviously they can't decrease payouts from 100 to 80 or 90 because there's no argument it's a nerf, the only way to nerf and say it's equal' is the long and windy convoluted route of breaking the entire rewards structure in to the hot mess we have now.

People are not stupid. There's so many simple ways to change something, Kabam has chosen a supremely difficult and messy option, to try and hide the fact we're getting less.
  • Options
    @Terminal I don't see how the region split "artificially" lowered anything, let alone temporarily.

In fact, it increased rewards for top tier payout.. instead of only a single top 10, now there's 3x top 10 brackets.

And since the arenas are so short, there's only so many fights you can possibly do. It opens the door for a player to choose a single arena they want and smash it for the best rewards in one day, instead of focusing their life over 2-3 days.

It's WAY better having 24hr arenas for QoL.
  • Options
    Sad to say im one of those people with no lifes, this new arena changed bones me hard, i made 30-50 arena crystals in a day, so i guess good for those who dont put the time in. but the rewards dont compare to what i could earn before in gold and energon.
  • Options
    Same here HerbalDragon. I was getting at least 40k chips a day if not more. Now i get bs for all the time i play.
  • Options
    TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    @Terminal I don't see how the region split "artificially" lowered anything, let alone temporarily.

In fact, it increased rewards for top tier payout.. instead of only a single top 10, now there's 3x top 10 brackets.

And since the arenas are so short, there's only so many fights you can possibly do. It opens the door for a player to choose a single arena they want and smash it for the best rewards in one day, instead of focusing their life over 2-3 days.

It's WAY better having 24hr arenas for QoL.

It's a good point. It can be argued that it doesn't... but splitting is just a way to offset increasing player numbers, so as numbers increase it becomes the same as before, it doesn't fix anything permanently and is only advantageous if people quit the game and don't play.

Putting milestones in to ranks just means over time the bar will be pushed higher to the point where the old milestone point rewards won't be enough to earn the equivalent rank reward.

1 day arenas are a nice idea, but smashing a single arena doesn't do much as the daily payouts are so low and negligible amongst the ranks. As I said, 1-10 compared to 1-2% is only 100 4* shards, not worth smashing.

A problem with constant daily arena is burnout. Especially the 7 day feature bot arena.
  • Options
    Smokesalot wrote: »
    Same here HerbalDragon. I was getting at least 40k chips a day if not more. Now i get bs for all the time i play.
    I feel im being punished for playing too much, i use to get in the top 50 all the time, and the top payouts are OK at best, but rewards need to be tweaked or they need to give our arena chips back, cause whoever figured the standard for arena payouts compared to the payout of before are insane and insulting for the more serious players.
  • Options
    ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    O.K so after the first two arenas I have to say overall I'm happy with the changes, just some points to think about:

- The featured shards are going to lead to a lot of crystal hoarding. Easiest way to get the 4* ist to hoard all your crystals for one ore two months. You probably though about that, I'm not sure if I like it.

- Removing the milestones also removes the motivation because there is no goal to work for. This get's countered by the short cycles a bit but I would think about adding something more

- I don't like the passive AI on bots like Megatron. Fighting opponents that just stand there and block isn't fun an interaktive.

- The rank Rewards might need a little tweaking especially the arena crystals since gold is such a tight Ressource (but it seems like you are already doing that)

What I like:
    - The fact that everybody can earn the featured now over a longer period of time. Honestly that's a great change, even though I would prefer taking the shards with me instead of crystal hoarding

- Daily changes in the raid store. This actually got me doing raids every day. Success :)

- Expert mode. It's really hard and I won't be able to finish it this round, and I think that's great.

- New arenas (overall), just the missing milestones...

- New alliance events, especially the class daily

So far so good, I think that this is a step in the right direction and I'm actually glad that you are taking the
    risk of such a major change.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    There's an important factor for Arena: the 15+ streak. That's when you feel safe and when your scores go "boom". Before the update, I can catch up if I fail once, even twice, to hit the 620k milestone of the Crystal Bounty and secure my 1000 4* shards. Now, every 24 hours, the infinite streak is cleared. You have to start from scratch and pray you do very right before 15 wins. If you fail once, this 1-day Arena is ruined.

It is still the same problem: "working hard for yourself" versus "working hard to kick ass (or get kicked)". If you boss in real life introduces a similar system in your salary (no regular wage and purely performance based)... Off point: I can guarantee that this doesn't exist even in China, LOL.

I am a freelance developer. I don't work I don't get paid. I work a lot, I get a lot of money. Seems fair to me.

Business owners is the same. They do well, they rake in dollars, they don't do well, they lose. I think you'll find even China has people that get paid for performing well.

Besides the terrible analogy the point about the 15 streak is valid though. I have no problem passing it myself so did not think of it, but if you fail to break through once or twice the arena is over. Thankfully, you get x3 from fight 6 onward and below that you can just use 1* and 2* so getting max scores with your 3* and 4* shouldn't be that much of a problem.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Yaaa nobody wants to raid because combined with arena it's too much grind and of the two people prefer arena as it WAS more rewarding now you killed the most rewarding part of the game. How is going from getting 1k 4star shards for reaching all milestones in crystal bounty to going to only top in the leader board get 1k 4star shards a step forward to You? All I ask @Kabam Miike is you guys simply be reasonable to the players that overall pay kabams profits

Potential? Before it was a guarantee why not just cut the top milestone from 1k 4star shards total to a total of 400 4star shards that's 200 increase over 3days but we have to "work for it"

Yes "potential" as in, not a guarantee. They're not guaranteed before either, you had to put in work to get them. No work, no crystals. All I'm saying that for similar "work" now you'll get similar rewards. Did you try it? How many points did you put up and what bracket did you end up in?

I got Rank 8 without energon just for playing arena at efficient timings. I can't do that every day so I'm happy that doing it once gave me top rewards, whereas if this was a 2-day arena, I'd be 3-10% at best because today I can barely play at all. Overall, my rewards worked out for the better.

And no I'm not posting *my* score. :tongue:
  • Options
    edited October 2017

40 arena crystals worth of chips a day? Highly doubt that. If this was the case you'd be top 5 in every single arena, 4* and 3*.

40 arena crystals worth of chips per arena? Maybe.. sounds more plausible.

Remember, we have an arena each day now. So math your rewards over the course of an entire week, not per arena. How many arenas had arena chips in the old system? 3 or 4? I know one did not.

You get arena crystal payouts every day... 7 times in the new system, and if you finish top tier in all of them, it's actually something like 120 arena crystals a week, maybe more.

You're gonna find the payouts are much closer than you think they are, if not better.
  • Options
    Yes before you had guarantees. Rank rewards are not guaranteed certain finish milestones are you seem to be trying to over complicate it.

Simple terms.

Pre update 650k got me 1k 4star shards.

Post update 650k does not get 1k 4star shards.

Both require work yet one has a better outcome. Make sense now?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Yes before you had guarantees. Rank rewards are not guaranteed certain finish milestones are you seem to be trying to over complicate it.

Simple terms.

Pre update 650k got me 1k 4star shards.

Post update 650k does not get 1k 4star shards.

Both require work yet one has a better outcome. Make sense now?

I disagree entirely. You're comparing a single 2 day arena to 3 separate 1 day arenas. Split that 650k across 3 arenas now.. 220k points in each crystal arena. I bet you get way more than 1000 4* shards total.
  • Options
    Your missing the point.

2 days became 3 days and I'm willing to bet 220k each of those 3 days doesn't 1k shards..

Your wager?
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited October 2017
    200k brought in 450 shards so x3 its 1350

So your bet would be wrong
  • Options
    ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    edited October 2017
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    200k brought in 450 shards so x3 its 1350

So your bet would be wrong

From my experience with the first round I can second that. So shard wise you get more now for the same effort. But I think you get less arena crystals now if you land in the upper end of your bracket. But that should be solved with smaller brackets.

P.S: 200k is one run through my current roster, so 450 shards for that is legit awesome.
  • Options

40 arena crystals worth of chips a day? Highly doubt that. If this was the case you'd be top 5 in every single arena, 4* and 3*.

40 arena crystals worth of chips per arena? Maybe.. sounds more plausible.

Remember, we have an arena each day now. So math your rewards over the course of an entire week, not per arena. How many arenas had arena chips in the old system? 3 or 4? I know one did not.

You get arena crystal payouts every day... 7 times in the new system, and if you finish top tier in all of them, it's actually something like 120 arena crystals a week, maybe more.

You're gonna find the payouts are much closer than you think they are, if not better.

yeah, you dont play enough, you clearly dont play nearly what some of us do yeah we dont have lives and yes 40 arena crystal a day is easy and dont forget the quest to get them as well i know it can be done and honestly 40 is a lazy day for me, k you dont put in nearly the time we do if you honestly think saying 40 a day isnt realistic. 120 a weekk isn't crap comparrd to what i have done. you have NOT done the math or you have a severly low number of bots. i have 47 bots 19 are 3 star and 3 are gold star, the rest are 1 and 2 star, you do the math cause i dont have to, i can tell you 120 a week is pathetic an 40-50+ a day is possible -_-and no that is not top 5 for arena.sob your post is so much BS you just picked some numbers out of the air. hey KABAM get in here and set the part time player straight please. i get top 50 more often than not but top 5? no
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited October 2017
    Punctuation makes your angry rant readable, just fyi.