Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

October Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    Well if I'm looking at this right it looks like I can't get 1000 4* shards just by playing the Arena, if that's true. Guess I'll just do the AM and raids from here on out.
  • Options
    DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Well if I'm looking at this right it looks like I can't get 1000 4* shards just by playing the Arena, if that's true. Guess I'll just do the AM and raids from here on out.

A day. 1000 shards PER DAY. On an arena that runs 3x.
  • Options
    BubianBubian Posts: 82
    Gold is definitely lower. 10 crystals is nothing compared to what we could have earned before completing a few milestones
  • Options
    BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    I'd rather have 1 old crystal bounty every 2 weeks than this new crystal bounty weekly.
  • Options
    Reverce the changes to arenas why do you guys have to take away the good things of your game what is going on in your brain cells why DID YOU REMOVE MILESTONES THE ONLY SAVING GRACE OF ARENAS
  • Options
    LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    Wow, lots of criticism here about the arenas.... Honestly, I decided to give it a day before judging. I ranked in the top 1-2% and according to my math I ended up with ~2-3 less arena crystals than I would of under the old system.

I think I will really like the 1 day arenas and I am not against removing the milestone rewards like everyone else on here, but at least based on my experience from 1 arena so far I think you need to bump up the arena crystals slightly in the rank awards.
  • Options
    ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Jupp, after the first day I would say you have to bump the arena crystals a little. But the reward was OK.

For Crystal bounty I'm going to split what I did in two days in three and see if I get the same amount of shards ;). But the cutoffs seem to be reasonable so far.
  • Options
    I'm liking the "24 hours arena" but yeah, we should still get the arena chips
  • Options
    MallowmanMallowman Posts: 125
    I agree with above and cosign it all. As one of the grinders no-life per zapper..., my source energon will be in toilet. I've been able to grind from crystals until now. My 15 for rank got me 30k gold seven energon. If I'm forced pay play may too move on.
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    The new arena set up is garbage. You should've named it "Kabams big cash grab". Crystal Bounty and the milestones are the way I got most of my big bots and now it "how much money can you spend to keep up?"
    I think I may be done already. Back to Earth Wars.
  • Options
    Man, Im glad I quit the game already. The game even before these set of changes was already too much of a grind. And now reading the arena changes with reduced arena chips meaning less gold income .... it seems like they really want the game to fail because of too much greediness.

Another thing I dislike about this games PR(No offense Mike, I know you are just doing your job), is that they try to paint these abysmal changes as something positive and exciting, but what they are really doing is reducing ways for the players to earn currencies(or make us spend more currencies) to the point that we would be forced to spend real money. I understand that the company needs income, but there should be balance. The gameplay should come first. Create a great, fun and rewarding game and the money will follow. Such a shame to see where this game is headed.
  • Options
    I suppose and 100 % sure . If anyone playing this knows . The reason they open and play this game so frequently was only dur to Arena awrds and milestones.

And the results are already out for first aren the people who barely played it have ranked 1-2% and same who played whole day .
    Guys you guys are already lossing the players
  • Options
    Tezz001Tezz001 Posts: 53
    Kabam, no one is happy with the changes, the arena chips were my source of gold and energon, now if I grind the same as when we had milestones I’ll probably only see a tenth of the arena chips/crystals that the grind has rewarded me with! I’m not alone.

I know my concerns and objections will probably fall on deaf ears but there it is!

Wow what a disaster of an update
  • Options
    WolfeWolfe Posts: 80
    I hope they are monitoring the usage and make some quick changes if needed.
  • Options
    TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Arena crystal payouts are way too low and now there's no energon from milestones.

The old system worked fine, there was zero reason to waste even a second trying to calculate how to give arena crystals equal to whatever.. the system worked.

There's so many actual broken things.. why invest time and money into breaking something that worked instead of fixing something that was broken.

Self sabotage at its finest.

People are going to burn out like crazy having to do infinite non-stop 24hr arenas with no milestones.

I'm absolutely dreading the 7 day x 24hr feature bot arena... even with that one having milestones, having to rinse and repeat for 7 days.. ugh.
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike Come on.. We're being robbed gold mate. I don't wanna get rude or anything but we need the milestones back...

Unfortunately, milestones probably won't be making a comeback. But since the first arena is over, we're starting to look at the data and compare to what used to be. Like we've said before, we're very open to adjusting the rewards if we have to afterwards!

Like we said before, we're not trying to make you all earn any less rewards than before, but want to simplify a lot of things. Many of you understand what all of these things mean now (arena chips, milestones, rank rewards, etc.) but it can be very confusing to a new player. So, right now we are working towards simplifying, but also ensuring that nobody is earning less than they used to for the same time commitment!
  • Options
    Bubian wrote: »
    Gold is definitely lower. 10 crystals is nothing compared to what we could have earned before completing a few milestones

I know it seems negligible, but don't forget about the gold you are now earning by completing the Series in Arenas. That used to be a loss, but now is a positive amount.
  • Options
    This update doesn't need to be reversed. I welcome the rank rewards that are happening, the gold flow is what needs to be increased however you wanna go about that, is up to you. But gold is what's everyone's main issue. Points are less, which is cool...but gold needs to be fixed. @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    The milestones can stay gone(I'd prefer 1 old crystal bounty every 2 weeks instead of what we have but I'll accept it) but the battlechips earned from arena were the best way to get gold. Bring those back or at least tell us the devs have something in store that will offset our inability to grind gold. Whether it's a gold realm style quest that only gives gold, or significantly lower donations for AM. The players need some way to get a decent amount of gold when we need it
  • Options
    Look miike, I understand you are just doing your job but your deflections are rage worthy. Fact of the matter is ... I use to be able to get 30 crystals a day sparingly playing. Now i get 8?! How is the 200 extra gold a set of arena a mentionable compensation?!

I know a guy that that ranked in the 60's in his region and got 3-10% .... Its bad pollicy to give gamers less than before. Always has been in games.
  • Options
    WolfeWolfe Posts: 80
    The profit doesn't come close to what could be produced by multiple rounds.
  • Options
    DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    @Kabam Miike Come on.. We're being robbed gold mate. I don't wanna get rude or anything but we need the milestones back...

Unfortunately, milestones probably won't be making a comeback. But since the first arena is over, we're starting to look at the data and compare to what used to be. Like we've said before, we're very open to adjusting the rewards if we have to afterwards!

Like we said before, we're not trying to make you all earn any less rewards than before, but want to simplify a lot of things. Many of you understand what all of these things mean now (arena chips, milestones, rank rewards, etc.) but it can be very confusing to a new player. So, right now we are working towards simplifying, but also ensuring that nobody is earning less than they used to for the same time commitment!

I completely agree with having less types of currencies to make the game more accessible. It was incredibly confusing differentiating raid chips battle chips spark chips and the lot.

But you know what would be super simple and clear to everyone? Milestones. A clear target to work towards to get a certain reward. Rank rewards are fluid as in you are not sure where and what you get for your effort. If you are safe for a certain reward group. Ask whoever dev is in our OV family chat how often people ask what the cutoffs are for 2%. It is a lot, and I think we're some of the most veteran players in the game. This is fuzzy as hell. Milestones are transparency itself. Get rid of chips, sure (and cut them from everywhere). But milestones give you a target. And a sense of accomplishment when you reach them. And a comfortable feeling that you have secured your rewards. The new system is anything but, even if technically we might end up with roughly the same amount of gold (and I think we do) it just does not FEEL the same, the experience is completely gone. You removed an important piece of gamification from an actual game. Go ask your UX designer about this, I hope you have a couple :)
  • Options
    TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited October 2017

Many of you understand what all of these things mean now (arena chips, milestones, rank rewards, etc.) but it can be very confusing to a new player. So, right now we are working towards simplifying, but also ensuring that nobody is earning less than they used to for the same time commitment!

I'm sorry Miike, but the argument is invalid.

You mention milestones as being confusing so they're removed. However, milestones still exist for feature bots arena. So they aren't removed. Don't you think that's more confusing? Having two different styles of milestones?

You mention arena chips. They still exist in away missions, so they're still in the game anyway (unless you plan to remove them from away missions and destroy that part of the game as well?). So how is there less confusion when you can still get them?

There's no energon from milestones. Arena crystal payouts are dramatically less than what people could earn before.

We're unequivocally earning less rewards than before.

The calculations for crystals don't factor things like building a multiplier to x3 or losing a streak and rebuilding multiplier again and again. It's 1.5 crystals every time you build the multiplier.

You know what is actually confusing? That people have actually mentioned? Putting my owned energon next to the cost of things I can purchase trying to make it look like shards when it's in game currency. Arguably the thing that should be the clearest thing in the game because it relates to money, is obfuscated.
  • Options
    Bubian wrote: »

I know it seems negligible, but don't forget about the gold you are now earning by completing the Series in Arenas. That used to be a loss, but now is a positive amount.

Don’t forget to change the batteries in your calculator as what is returned from grinding arena does not come close to what it gave in terms of gold or rewards before.
    But how was this not foreseeable? Do you not have game-testers? It did not require math to figure out that 8-15 crystals does not come close to the return you could get grinding arena a full or just half a day.
    You removed milestones and rewards for chips, anything people playing could use instantly and are now relying for us to wait to get a reward whenever you have the time to release it.
    Before we where rewarded in steps and by playing besides rewards afterwards. Now we get a small reward for doing all the same with 25% of the return.
    If your goal was to make people play less, you did it, Well done. If you want us to play more, then it will probably be a good idea to give a reason to play it.
    We get ore we can not spend because we get no gold and whatever gold is made will probably have to go for donations starting from next week, so how is anyone supposed to upgrade?
    And it would be Nice if you did not spend the usual month to figure out you made a mistake.
  • Options
    Now for the crystal arena .. Only top ppl get 1000 4 * shards...I used to at least get that for completing the milestones..I think you've taken the arena in the wrong direction...I'm nit trying to be rude..but it seems like arena is a useless factor now...
  • Options
    I'm not able to get gold at the rate I was before this update. Please fix.
  • Options
    Tezz001Tezz001 Posts: 53
    It’s the same song over and over!!

But I’m tired of the dance, can we change the record?

It’s clearly getting us nowhere!
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited October 2017
    I think what players are asking is to put the arena crystals themselves into the milestones. So instead of having a whole bunch of chips you just put the full crystals in there and you calculate how many chips from series rewards and Milestones we would have got at each stage.

This would be a straight straight up direct conversion of Arena chips from series plus the arena chips from milestones between each marker

This would actually keep the number of Arena crystals every player earns the same... At least until you get past all the milestones, because the series rewards are actually gone so you don't learn any extra Arena crystals after you pass the milestones in the new system.

Then in the rank rewards themselves is where you would put the average number of extra Arena crystals the top players would have earned for all those extra chips from all the series they would have won Beyond milestones which you could easily average out with historic metrics
  • Options
    Yaaa nobody wants to raid because combined with arena it's too much grind and of the two people prefer arena as it WAS more rewarding now you killed the most rewarding part of the game. How is going from getting 1k 4star shards for reaching all milestones in crystal bounty to going to only top in the leader board get 1k 4star shards a step forward to You? All I ask @Kabam Miike is you guys simply be reasonable to the players that overall pay kabams profits
  • Options
    Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    @Kabam Miike
    Let me make it simple for you:

1- Do you believe that we got more gold from the arena now?
    2- Do you believe that we got more energon from the arena now?
    3- Do you believe that we got more bots shards from the arena now?

I am sure you will never answer those questions, but in case you answered, please answer with yes or no.