Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

October Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Are only the top 10 in arena getting chips? Because based on the numbers we know currently theres only 81500 chips available before we factor in arena ranks and raids. Meaning we need to grind another 20k for 1 week in raids?
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Need more info on the AM times. I'm in Asia GMT+8 timezone in a OV alliance with mainly US players. How will this affect me? Why not stick to the usual 8pm est start time? It's fine all along.. Changing it will seem to mean bad news for players like me in a US alliance.
  • Bigbowlr wrote: »
    Are only the top 10 in arena getting chips? Because based on the numbers we know currently theres only 81500 chips available before we factor in arena ranks and raids. Meaning we need to grind another 20k for 1 week in raids?

It's not only the Top 10. There are Rewards all the way down to the 100%. As long as you hit the Rank Rewards, you will be able to score Featured Bot Chips.[/color[
  • Kabam mike so are u guys really only releasing one new bot a month or did i read that wrong because that's one reason that keeps me going. Or u guys still doing two a month????
  • Do we also get featured bot chips from duping mods?
  • XBOXELITEXBOXELITE Posts: 32
    edited September 2017
    I bet it's harder to get the bots like it's always been ever time it's always harder to get the bot u like from raids that are 3* bots besides the 2*bots the last raid I play was the 2*-3*Shockwave I calculated it it would take forever to get a 3*bot that costs 10k and now there's 4*bots I bet no one is going to get a chance on the 4*s basically tells me we aren't getting a better amount of chance to get the bot. Yeah I like what's coming up on October 5th but I bet I might only get the 3*bots only :( it's hard and it seems it's getting harder the only people I think that will be able to get them is YouTubers they always gets better stuff than us lower class people :(
  • Do we also get featured bot chips from duping mods?
  • Jetfire wrote: »
    Do we also get featured bot chips from duping mods?

Who knows we might probably not :(
  • Jetfire wrote: »
    Do we also get featured bot chips from duping mods?

Good question! We don't currently have plans to give Bot Chips for the Duping of Mods.
  • Does anyone know if there will be still two bots a month. One we can win from chips and one through crystals?
  • I second all mentions of shifting AMs out of the weekends. I can play during the week at work. Weekend is family time. Thanks.
  • Can we get an idea on t2a and t3b arena rewards? Or will it be a surprise? All of the changes seem to be awesome. Hopefully it doesn't break the game!
  • Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 222
    edited September 2017
    @kabam miike you just skipped my question :/ .i m really concern about one bot per Month we have to wait now for long time to get one of our fav Bot dont when it will be available
    As well as my other 2 question about what is raid arena and will we able to collect featurer chip everyday from raid?as its also written in arena days we can collect feature chips so no feature chips for other days?
  • Spidey I been trying to ask the same thing and no one will respond in worried also one bot month will take for ever to get bots in this game its the only problem I have with this update
  • Spidey076 wrote: »
    @kabam miike you just skipped my question :/ .i m really concern about one bot per Month we have to wait now for long time to get one of our fav Bot dont when it will be available
    As well as my other 2 question about what is raid arena and will we able to collect featurer chip everyday from raid?as its also written in arena days we can collect feature chips so no feature chips for other days?

Sorry! Didn't mean to skip your questions!

Your concern about the reduction in Bot Releases is fair, but in order to make sure that we give every bot enough time, and can go through all of the events that we want to do, we did have to reduce the cadence of release.

The Raid Arena is going to be a surprise, but it's an Arena that features Rewards that will help you in your Raids against other bases.

You'll only be able to collect Featured Bot Chips from Raids during the week that the Raid Event is occurring, much like the current Raid Events we have going!
  • Totherkins wrote: »
    Can we get an idea on t2a and t3b arena rewards? Or will it be a surprise? All of the changes seem to be awesome. Hopefully it doesn't break the game!

I can't say just yet, but you'll see pretty soon!
  • Dircules wrote: »
    I second all mentions of shifting AMs out of the weekends. I can play during the week at work. Weekend is family time. Thanks.

We get where you're coming from, and we're going to keep looking into it, but as we look at participation in Alliance Missions right now, the highest participation is on the Weekends. We'll keep an eye on this for the future though!
  • are the 3 old 4* bots that came out during the summer (ratchet, arcee, and sideswipe) going to be added to premium crystals with this update as it sounds like there will be no more older bot arenas? will bumblebee's 4* come out as a straight purchase later in the year? I know you won't be able to say about bee but those are my suspicions @Kabam Miike
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited September 2017
    These are some big changes.

Lots of things sound good and logical. Well done to the team/person who worked on it.

1. About the character chips... after 10,000 chips, if someone is unsure they can reach 100,000 chips.. what incentives will there be to keep playing for the rest of the month?

2. What about 2* feature bots?

3. Can you do a spreadsheet like last time AM rewards changed? It was very helpful

4. rotating raid items - is anything being removed, or is the rotation new things being added?

5. can you detail the scaling in raids? What are the medal requirements for the various amounts?

6. With only 1 bot being offered... can the forge system be reviewed? Maybe just make all 100 levels available instead of the last 25 being locked behind needing to forge the same bot a star level lower?
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Is there still 3* and 4* bot shards as part of the rank rewards in the featured bot Arenas?
  • Very very very disappointed
  • Now everyone is going to be running around with the same bots and no looking forward to see what new bots are coming every 2weeks and only 12 bots a year is very disappointing and cnt look forward to get a bot no one else has.. A bot every 2weeks always keep the game fresh and new for me and something to look forward to. One feature bot for everyone to try and win and the other one for us to try and get before everyone else would be alot more exciting.
  • I think this is a lot better. For one, everyone, including nooblets, has a larger chance of getting the featured bot, whether its 3* or 4*. Also, i think this is better because ot gives the devs a chance to slow down a bit. Before, the game was developing a little too fast, and some, not all, players could keep up. This could be very helpful to those who just started the game, or cant be active everyday
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Anubis wrote: »
    Now everyone is going to be running around with the same bots and no looking forward to see what new bots are coming every 2weeks and only 12 bots a year is very disappointing and cnt look forward to get a bot no one else has.. A bot every 2weeks always keep the game fresh and new for me and something to look forward to. One feature bot for everyone to try and win and the other one for us to try and get before everyone else would be alot more exciting.

I feel the same way too but I also feel like upgrading them into powerhouses is where strong players are going to differ. Strong players are better at Arenas and usually are in higher placing alliances meaning they get better rewards.
  • Sound2mSound2m Posts: 12
    edited September 2017
    Just for clarification, each month we will have a brand new (never released bot) to acquire?

Will bots that were already released in the past be only obtainable via regular bot crystals or featured bot crystals (not chips)?

And lastly, will leftover monthly featured bot chips be tradeable for say crystal shards?

Thanks for response in advance sir.
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    edited September 2017
    So if we can only buy 1 3* and 1 4* what happens to the other chips if a player try to go for the 4* and misses by a few hundred. They buy 1 3* and then are left with 80k+ more chips they can't use? I get the 4* being limited to 1 but there's shouldnt be a limit on the 3*.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited September 2017
    What's the purpose for the region division? Arena teams are just user-preset teams without the actual player playing. There's no timezone division. So why shouldn't a US player fight against an European team? Are we going to have some sort of a worldcup?
  • Dircules wrote: »
    I second all mentions of shifting AMs out of the weekends. I can play during the week at work. Weekend is family time. Thanks.

We get where you're coming from, and we're going to keep looking into it, but as we look at participation in Alliance Missions right now, the highest participation is on the Weekends. We'll keep an eye on this for the future though!

The highest participation of whom? Kids who can only play on weekends just because of school etc? And also they play a few months and leave this game. Your target audience is an adult players who spends a lot of time and some/lot money on TF2T.

I wanna say that participation in global meaning is very subjective point of view.

Weekends for family, other days for work and play hard B)
  • Considering the wealth of Transformers characters across different universes.. 1 a month seems quite weak.

I was looking forward to a large roster of bots. More diversity is needed because there's 6 different classes.

There needs to be more than 2-3 options per class.. and only 12 per year means some classes might only get 1 new bot in a year. Some might not get any :-/
  • What about Featured Crystals? Will they be available all month or just a week or 3 days?