Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

October Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited September 2017
    @Terminal The game's changing, and will be. The release cycle will be accelerated in the future but the team has its reason to slow down for the moment, there are a lot of things to tune and test.
    This is not a formula-based card game which we just sit back and watch (or skip) the fight. Adding a bot will introduce many balance issues. Visually, every new bot recently released is a mix-up of existing ones in terms of normal moves, winning stance and specials. But with abilities and signatures, the new one's influence will ripple through the existing roster. It is still reassuring to see those new bots aren't OP right away. But some may complain about "what's the purpose to release some middle-tier featured bots?"

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited September 2017
    I'm thinking about some "bot renting" system for those interested in getting the hands on their favorite bot but never had a chance to obtain one. For example, I can give three bots as a pledge for a Ramjet to play for a week. After that, half of the upgrading resource and my bots will be returned, but I no longer have Ramjet.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    edited September 2017
    Dircules wrote: »
    What about Featured Crystals? Will they be available all month or just a week or 3 days?

Sorry, read the post too quickly. Bot crystals available all month. Great! Well, my CC might not think so...

Another question then:

What are you going to do in week 5 every other month?
  • Nice!!!! I really like it!
    It's for the payback as they removed the Featured Crystals from raid Store!
    Keep up the good work!
    :smile:
  • I stopped playing Raids because I collected a lot of Raid Chips from Away Missions and they kept getting stolen. I didn't think that was right. So what are my options if I have to play raids again or else?

When you raid you get more chips and you can spend them right away after winning them in raid store. THe chips are getting stealed because you do not use them .
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    What about Featured Crystals? Will they be available all month or just a week or 3 days?

Sorry, read the post too quickly. Bot crystals available all month. Great! Well, my CC might not think so...

Another question then:

Going to offer bacon

• ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Ok so I assume you are doing this changes to get more people to play. I appreciate that, since the incentive to do raids or arena are about 0 currently.

The thing is though, by calculation a 100k is a lot, so the whole revamp really doesn't change anything if you can't reach the 100k in time.

I would suggest that you are able to convert some of the chips into the next month, so that even if you don't reach the 100k this month you might next month.

Otherwise I really see no incentive to start doing raids or arena again. A hard target is good, but it needs to bra reachable even if you have a life.

If only the "no-lifers" can reach the goal, like in the current 10k RAID events, that's not going to encourage the average player to play more (excuse the term, but it's the most accurate way to describe the situation. I have a job and a family, I can't play 10hrs a day)
    I haven’t read anything yet about the features shards being specific. Assuming they are like bot crystal shards etc. if they are generic and collectible seems all good to me
  • Mustangjon wrote: »

Another question then:

Going to offer bacon

What kind of bacon though? I prefer well done crispy streaky bacon.
  • I stopped playing Raids because I collected a lot of Raid Chips from Away Missions and they kept getting stolen. I didn't think that was right. So what are my options if I have to play raids again or else?

@Kabam Miike

I am wondering this same thing. I Do not raid and have just over 1100 medals, enough to allow me to get alpha shards when needed. I also have saved up over 300,000 raid chips from only doing away missions. Does this update mean I will be raided even though I don't raid in return? That does not seem fair.

Maybe if the stealing of raid chips was more fair I would have kept raiding but the way it stood when I was raiding. I would steal maybe 3-5000 chips on a win, but when I lost on my defence I would lose 18-20000 at a time.

This happened to me when I was raiding and lost a ton of chips. I was also never able to have a revenge attack either but even if I had the people who raid spend their chips right away so I have no chance to win back the chips they stole. Which is why I stopped raiding in the first place.

I never hit the leader board and have no reason to want to. Will this only affect those on the raid leader board that are not raiding (and sitting on a ton of medals) or everyone no matter how many medals they have?
    This will effect everyone and your a perfect example why they want to tweak the raids more, raids are supposed to be a daily activity in game not people raid and sit on a Hoard or chips. They still have yet to find a good blend of necessity for people to actively raid. Adding more stuff to buy like gold crystals and maybe even bot shard crystals could be introduced in permanent basis
  • Then they shouldn't offer raid chips on away missions. Or at least dont let people steal raid chips not stolen or earned through raiding. If their was more incentive like you say above (better rewards) maybe I would raid but it was very unfair when I was actively raiding. Chips are not what they are worried about people hoarding. It's the medals that put you in ranks.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Zapper wrote: »
    Ok so I assume you are doing this changes to get more people to play. I appreciate that, since the incentive to do raids or arena are about 0 currently.

The thing is though, by calculation a 100k is a lot, so the whole revamp really doesn't change anything if you can't reach the 100k in time.

I would suggest that you are able to convert some of the chips into the next month, so that even if you don't reach the 100k this month you might next month.

Otherwise I really see no incentive to start doing raids or arena again. A hard target is good, but it needs to bra reachable even if you have a life.

If only the "no-lifers" can reach the goal, like in the current 10k RAID events, that's not going to encourage the average player to play more (excuse the term, but it's the most accurate way to describe the situation. I have a job and a family, I can't play 10hrs a day)

You arent getting chips from just raids in fact it reads like you only get chips from raids during raid ascent. You can get them from spotlight and arena now. New arenas everyday means more chips each day.

The goal may not be to just add more players but to decrease the bot gap between strong players or “no lifers” vs new players. Different play different parts some arent in alliances and just like playing the game. This would give someone not in an alliance the opportunity to earn better bots and so forth.
  • Dircules wrote: »
    I second all mentions of shifting AMs out of the weekends. I can play during the week at work. Weekend is family time. Thanks.

Well I'm the opposite I can't play at work as it's not allowed could cost me a job, weekends are my free time to play.
  • Welcome to Cybertron where Transformers live, there's no way you can keep your head low. Somebody, especially the Senate, the Functionist Council and the Black Block Consortia WILL raid you. >:)
  • Zapper wrote: »

You are right . average player already did not compete on arena except crystal bounty arena so doing arena every day i dont think anyone can do unless thier bot can score 100k in one round so 320k milestone will be easy unless then no use.i will be looking forward to see how far can i go about approx calculation im able to collect 60 to 70k chip so little more efforts definitely needed and that's all depend upon time.
    Let's see but as far that changes are pretty much good for average player and highly active player.
    3 days arena for crystal, t2 alpha and t3 basic spark increase that's quite much good.and completly removing on relying on arena is really make a big change.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 80
    Really disappointed with one bot per month. I agree with the points above and I do think that with so many different bots and variations to choose form that this is just too slow.
  • Sound2m wrote: »
    Just for clarification, each month we will have a brand new (never released bot) to acquire?

Will bots that were already released in the past be only obtainable via regular bot crystals or featured bot crystals (not chips)?

And lastly, will leftover monthly featured bot chips be tradeable for say crystal shards?

Thanks for response in advance sir.

Each month there will be a brand new Bot to acquire. This might change in the future (Maybe a special month for whatever reason). So at this time, the plan is that older Bots will only be available via Crystals (as they are now), but will not have Arenas for them.

At this time, we are not ready to announce what will happen with the leftover chips. We do plan on converting them to something, but we are not sure of the conversion rate just yet.
    Sound2m wrote: »
    Just for clarification, each month we will have a brand new (never released bot) to acquire?

Will bots that were already released in the past be only obtainable via regular bot crystals or featured bot crystals (not chips)?

And lastly, will leftover monthly featured bot chips be tradeable for say crystal shards?

Each month there will be a brand new Bot to acquire. This might change in the future (Maybe a special month for whatever reason). So at this time, the plan is that older Bots will only be available via Crystals (as they are now), but will not have Arenas for them.

At this time, we are not ready to announce what will happen with the leftover chips. We do plan on converting them to something, but we are not sure of the conversion rate just yet.

Why can’t the feature chips just be generic and not roll over month to month, and allow to build for the bot people want?

@Kabam Miike
  • Terminal wrote: »
    These are some big changes.

Lots of things sound good and logical. Well done to the team/person who worked on it.

1. About the character chips... after 10,000 chips, if someone is unsure they can reach 100,000 chips.. what incentives will there be to keep playing for the rest of the month?

2. What about 2* feature bots?

3. Can you do a spreadsheet like last time AM rewards changed? It was very helpful

4. rotating raid items - is anything being removed, or is the rotation new things being added?

5. can you detail the scaling in raids? What are the medal requirements for the various amounts?

6. With only 1 bot being offered... can the forge system be reviewed? Maybe just make all 100 levels available instead of the last 25 being locked behind needing to forge the same bot a star level lower?

1 - We do plan on making your leftover Chips convert into something that will be a help to Commanders, but we are not yet ready to announce what that is at this time!

2 - There is no 2-Star Featured bot available to purchase anymore. While it made sense when the event was only a raid event to have that option, there are waaaay too many ways to get Chips now for it to be something we need to continue to create.

3 - I can try! Are you looking for Map rewards? Or Milestones? I'll see if I can do both!

4 - Nothing is being removed, but are only being added.

5 - I can't share this just yet, but I can say that the scaling before was only about 10 Chips one way or the other, but now it swings way larger, with top end players getting more than 100 more Chips per raid than players with 0 medals.

6- I can't make any comment on that, but I'll take that to the team!
  • What's the purpose for the region division? Arena teams are just user-preset teams without the actual player playing. There's no timezone division. So why shouldn't a US player fight against an European team? Are we going to have some sort of a worldcup?

The Region division is more for timing. If the Arenas are all 24 hour now, there can be certain time zones that would get an advantage over others, depending on when they start. When they're all closer together, this is less of a case, so we split the Regions into their own arenas!

Featured Crystals are still around, and will now be here for the entire month!

Another question then:

To be honest, we're not completely sure right now! November is one of those months, so we're going to have to figure it out soon! It might be that the final week is now week 1 of next month, but then it could get a little confusing.

Another question then:

To be honest, we're not completely sure right now! November is one of those months, so we're going to have to figure it out soon! It might be that the final week is now week 1 of next month, but then it could get a little confusing.

How about ignoring months and doing a 4-week cycle? Gives us a 13th bot a year and keeps you out of trouble ;)
  • Ray94Ray94 Posts: 41
    @Kabam Miike, so for duping bots we can essentially do that all month long right? As with other events which are for specific weeks to earn feature bot shards, this doesnt apply to duping bots, right?
  • I really like these changes, Gives all players a goal to work towards, But I agree with other people here that 1 bot a month is not much content, This game may not be as popular as other kabam game yet, BUT with people upgrading their iphones when the Iphone X comes out, I think the playerbase will grow, Alot of people have older devices atm like myself and I cant raid or do arenas because my phone gets too hot and battery drains quickly, So I only use quest and alliance energy, This will change when I get the new Iphone and it will be the same for other people as well, So the upcoming months will be the prime time for this game.

I really think having 2 bots per month but being only able to purchase one of them will be great, Because then not everyone will have all the newest bots making the pvp modes stale (Galvatron on every base for example) and there will be diversity.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    hi @Kabam Miike , will the new update gives us more opportunities to farm 4* shards from alliance milestones? Such as for Raids and Arenas as right now the most they give us 750 3* shards such as those in Raid Ascent.. can these be changed into 250 4* shards instead? Will take a 4* shard than a 3* shard any day.
  • This got my interest back in the game but i work too much to get that 100k chips for 4* probably everything else sounds good though
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited September 2017
    Mark174 wrote: »
    I second all mentions of shifting AMs out of the weekends. I can play during the week at work. Weekend is family time. Thanks.

We get where you're coming from, and we're going to keep looking into it, but as we look at participation in Alliance Missions right now, the highest participation is on the Weekends. We'll keep an eye on this for the future though!

The highest participation of whom? Kids who can only play on weekends just because of school etc? And also they play a few months and leave this game. Your target audience is an adult players who spends a lot of time and some/lot money on TF2T.

I wanna say that participation in global meaning is very subjective point of view.

Weekends for family, other days for work and play hard B)

I agree with this. It seems more like a "quick look" without a deep dive to consider demographics of players and their overall time spent playing the game.
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Sound2m wrote: »

Why can’t the feature chips just be generic and not roll over month to month, and allow to build for the bot people want?

@Kabam Miike

This would be a great idea. In fact, I would even support making the bots COST more if this was done. 200k with chips that roll over instead of 100k that very few will ever reach.
  • Ray94 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike, so for duping bots we can essentially do that all month long right? As with other events which are for specific weeks to earn feature bot shards, this doesnt apply to duping bots, right?

Duplicating Bots will get you chips all month long! There's no specific period for that.