Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Scout Jazz Confirmed - I smell another Exclusive Bot

124»

Comments

• Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I think part of the reason that Geewunners also have a special place in their heart for Jazz is because of the man who gave him his first voice. Scatman Crothers had such an iconic and instantly recognizable voice that kids just grew up hearing it everywhere as they went from childhood to adolescence.

To this day whenever there's an IDW issue with Jazz in it, I still read the lines the writer gives him in Scatman's voice because in my mind, there's just no other voice that's Jazz but his. Same thing goes for Peter Cullen; he'll always be the voice of Optimus.
  • Options
    Synthwave wrote: »
    I think part of the reason that Geewunners also have a special place in their heart for Jazz is because of the man who gave him his first voice. Scatman Crothers had such an iconic and instantly recognizable voice that kids just grew up hearing it everywhere as they went from childhood to adolescence.

To this day whenever there's an IDW issue with Jazz in it, I still read the lines the writer gives him in Scatman's voice because in my mind, there's just no other voice that's Jazz but his. Same thing goes for Peter Cullen; he'll always be the voice of Optimus.

Not one person can replace cullen. It is also the same with welker and soundwave. Welker has to play soundwave and soundwave has to have that computerised voice
  • Options
    WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    Sadly welker has voice megs at times too... but jazz from the movie was actually a bit of a badass for the short time he was there, but g1 jazz was definitely more of a tactician than a scout. Wheeljack and (if they bring him in) trailbreaker would both basically need to be techs i would think
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949

Not one person can replace cullen. It is also the same with welker and soundwave. Welker has to play soundwave and soundwave has to have that computerised voice

John Bailey can do a pretty good Optimus Prime voice
  • Options
    DeadSilenceDeadSilence Posts: 101
    iuJacob wrote: »
    Bring out better bots Jazz isn’t exciting

lol. Can you name an exciting bot you'd like to have in the game instead of just saying Jazz isn't exciting?

d7dsad1xm3ti.jpeg
    9yngqk3y5pdl.jpeg

Just a few of these guys/gals could use a spot

I will always agree that we need more Beast Wars characters, but the people who are fans of G1 and the movie stuff deserve to be catered to aswell. This game is supposed to span multiple generations, remember?

Not only beast Wars. BUT PREDACONS

NEED MORE PREDACONS!
  • Options
    Chrome2279Chrome2279 Posts: 135
    I still want G1 hot rod and Rodimus Prime.. I hate movie hot rod..
  • Options
    Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    edited June 2018
    Chrome2279 wrote: »

All G1 Roddy ever did was fail at leading...his best move as leader was reviving optimus so he could be relieved of his command
  • Options
    BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581

All G1 Roddy ever did was fail at leading...his best move as leader was reviving optimus so he could be relieved of his command

I really liked Hot Rod, but I wasn’t too big on Rodimus Prime.

• Options
    sabre_777sabre_777 Posts: 115

Agreed, from Hong Kong Fooey to The Shining, Scatman's voice was pretty iconic. Plus the Porsche 935 Turbo in white with the red and blue striping was pretty doggone sharp.
  • Options
    Gunz0 wrote: »

John Bailey can do a pretty good Optimus Prime voice

Still not as good as peter though.
  • Options
    Bumblebee wrote: »

I really liked Hot Rod, but I wasn’t too big on Rodimus Prime.

Yeah hot rod was good...rodimus not so much
  • Options
    PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    edited June 2018
    I'm the total opposite to you guys, I hate hot rod so much, he's the moron that thought interrupting a fight between optimus and megatron was a good idea, and look at how it ended for optimus, thanks hot rod, you wouldn't be a prime if you weren't a moron.
  • Options
    PyrusPrimePyrusPrime Posts: 177
    edited June 2018
    PhatBoy123 wrote: »
    I'm the total opposite to you guys, I hate hot rod so much, he's the moron that thought interrupting a fight between optimus and megatron was a good idea, and look at how it ended for optimus, thanks hot rod, you wouldn't be a prime if you weren't a moron.

That was his plan he was never leadership material, so only way to get the top job was to pull a play from starscreams book and use a bit of subterfuge and make sure he was the only one prime could pass the MOL too.
  • Options
    4ja2y7zw0xrq.gif
    Almost time for JAZZ to transform and roll out!!
  • Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012

I think IDW felt the same way about Hot Rod being annoying. His new backstory in the comics is a lot better. They gave him the same brash, devil-may-care personality but made him a SpecOps guy dealing with survivor's guilt, but who also still has a planet-sized ego and a humorous inferiority complex to boot when it comes to Thunderclash.

I think he's a much more interesting and complex character now and they made sure to separate him from Optimus so that they each have their own storylines in different parts of the galaxy.
  • Options
    Warpath will be the next Jazz after he gets added
  • Options
    iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442

What makes you say that?
  • Options

What makes you say that?
    The recent comments about Warpath is increasing, that Shredder guy is also making a character concept for him
  • Options
    WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    Wolfmills wrote: »
    Sadly welker has voice megs at times too... but jazz from the movie was actually a bit of a badass for the short time he was there, but g1 jazz was definitely more of a tactician than a scout. Wheeljack and (if they bring him in) trailbreaker would both basically need to be techs i would think

You must not know much about transformers cartoons. Frank Welker was the voice of G1 Megatron, not just Soundwave. He also revised the part for Transformers Prime and was the voice of Megatron in the last live action movie. Mr Welker is considered by most of us here as THE voice of Megatron.
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    sabre_777 wrote: »
    4ja2y7zw0xrq.gif
    Almost time for JAZZ to transform and roll out!!

I love the way he lands on his hands.
  • Options
    iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited June 2018

What makes you say that?
    The recent comments about Warpath is increasing, that Shredder guy is also making a character concept for him

Ooohhh you mean because users are suggesting him. Yeah, he could be coming down the pipeline, if a lot of people are suggesting him. I don’t think he’s next after Jazz, though.

I have a sneaking suspicion about who is coming after Jazz... But I’m waiting to see what clues the mods drop. If it is who I think it is, the hints could be very elaborate.
  • Options

Hahahah I didnt notice that
  • Options

Yes lets try to increase the hype 4 warpath so they'll add him
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I’m promise you I am not a ‘geewunner’... G1 was over by the time I entered this world. Beast Wars was my entrance into Transformers.

Thanks for making me feel old.
  • Options

Yeah, he looks pretty awesome.

I think we can safely assume we aren't smelling another exclusive bot anymore. Not only do we get JAZZ but we get a JAZZ story and missions :smile: