Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Generic Bot Chip Discussion Thread

Comments

• KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Commanders,

We realize that switching to Generic Bot Chips has caused a stir.

We want to reassure you that we are dedicated to this game, and to our Commanders. We have some great events coming up and have some great events and updates coming soon that we wanted to give you all a heads up on.

Spotlight Missions will continue, but have been “ReForged”!

Dark Energon, pocket timelines, and universe shattering power have opened up a portal to the past.

Starting this coming week, we’ll be going back and reliving classic Spotlight missions, though they have been re-tuned and feature our updated rewards and Expert/Master difficulties, allowing you to replay them like never before!

We're working on buffing up the Arenas as a mainstay of the Fight, this will earn you more Rank and Milestone rewards.

We’re very grateful for your continued support, and look forward to the future of the Fight with you all. Stay tuned for more information on updates in the future!

Thanks, Miike! Really love the hope you’ve given us, maybe the end of the end could mean another thing, maybe a new beginning. I greatly appreciate how you’re showing care here man it means the world. I understand you can’t say everything because you might get in trouble but this communication is a big step up so I’m proud. Apologies from me for being too harsh on the kabaam team, good luck on doing good work for this game!
  • HrockHrock Posts: 132
    So we are recycling old spotlight and stories...? Not even putting together some new generics?
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    How about a new AM map or can you rotate the bots monthly @Kabam Miike
  • And the lots of you got your panties in a bunch for nothing. :lol:
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    And the lots of you got your panties in a bunch for nothing. :lol:

I’m not sure it’s nothing. But at least it’s not the end yet.

• Vavatron wrote: »
    And the lots of you got your panties in a bunch for nothing. :lol:

I’m not sure it’s nothing. But at least it’s not the end yet.

I only said 'nothing' following Miike's most recent response. I think we all need to get our blood pressure checked.

The end result was a few folks ended up in Banhattan or Rikers Island.
  • Commanders,

We want to reassure you that we are dedicated to this game, and to our Commanders. We have some great events coming up and updates coming soon that we wanted to give you all a heads up on.

These are the words of reassurance that I was looking for. Thanks Miike
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Commanders,
    We have some great events coming up and have some great events and updates coming soon that we wanted to give you all a heads up on.

Yeah...please elaborate on these 'great events' that have 'great events' you mentioned.
    that1guy wrote: »
    Commanders,
    We have some great events coming up and have some great events and updates coming soon that we wanted to give you all a heads up on.

Yeah...please elaborate on these 'great events' that have 'great events' you mentioned.

I think we’re lucky we got as much as we did.
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Anyone else read it as we aren’t making new spotlight maps so we’re recycling old ones?

Yes. I think that’s clear.
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    Jazz444 wrote: »
    I think Transformers are far more popular than Marvel Superhero’s
    Transformers Forged To Fight should’ve been getting all that new content
    Not Marvel Superheroes
    I’ve been a transformers fan since I was 7 I know all the G1 Bots, Mostly all Beast Wars bots, and all Prime almost all Movie bots 😄
    But MCOC I hardly even know those characters Kabam put to much time into the wrong game MCOC. 😩
    I’ll say this again
    Hopefully Kabam is working on Act 4 or the Alliance Wars
    We will need these 5*s for these types of games
    I don’t wanna see anything bad happen to TFTF the best game I’ve ever set my eyes 👀 on 👍👍👍👍👍

Kind Regards, @Jazz444 aka Windbee Prime

Transformers are more popular than Marvel? Are you kidding?
  • LouCypherLouCypher Posts: 111
    In other words, FTF is on the back burner until eventually it’s reduced to sludge.

No mention of any actual work being done, just recycling content and award tweaks.

Never any content or bug fix promises.
    edited January 2019
    This ‘update’ doesn’t offer anything except a bunch of PR speak and beating around the bush.

It took days for a response, and it’s essentially the same update from two days ago, but painted in a different way, and peppered with some extra detail to give the illusion that we are getting thrown a bone.

I’m not really faulting you, this is your job, and your hands are tied in what you are allowed to divulge. But surely you don’t expect us to believe this ‘new content’, is anything other than scraping the bottom of the barrel.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    DaveJL wrote: »
    iuJacob wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Manthro wrote: »
    iuJacob wrote: »
    LouCypher wrote: »
    Jazz, how much are they paying you to be their cheerleader?

Jazz444, Toughut and Manthro are clearly all getting some kickbacks 😂

Sorry for not wanting to see this game fail like you and many others.

Keep my name outta your mouth, tool.

Who wants to see the game fail? Nobody here wants to see it fail and the people who are being most vocal are also massive supporters.

It needs paying customers, so what are people going to pay for now exactly?

He just loves to shoot his mouth off, and generally has no idea what he’s actually talking about. It got old a long time ago.

I like the guy... Chat to him a lot on LINE and would consider him a friend and he speaks a lot of sense usually but I don't think he maybe thought this one all the way through. He is f2p and f2p alone can't support this game. Just looking at the dupe levels of some new 5* bots tells me that new featured bots is where the money is, so without that in my mind at least, nothing new = a lot less revenue = more problems

I wouldn't say I'm f2p. Still spend on small energon bundles from time to time, just not how I used to when the game was fresh.

Overall I'm in for about $1300 since launch. That's roughly $53 a month... I believe
  • AnnatarAnnatar Posts: 101
    edited January 2019
    Commanders,

We want to reassure you that we are dedicated to this game, and to our Commanders. We have some great events coming up and have some great events and updates coming soon that we wanted to give you all a heads up on.

Dark Energon, pocket timelines, and universe shattering power have opened up a portal to the past.

Starting this coming week, we’ll be going back and reliving classic Spotlight missions, though they have been re-tuned and feature our updated rewards and Expert/Master difficulties, allowing you to replay them like never before!

We're working on buffing up the Arenas as a mainstay of the Fight, this will earn you more Rank and Milestone rewards.

We’re very grateful for your continued support, and look forward to the future of the Fight with you all. Stay tuned for more information on updates in the future!

Oh, come on @Kabam Miike, this is not even funny. switching to Generic Bot Chips has caused a stir. do not cause any "stir" . Personally i think this is a great change.

We don't have any plans to release any new bots in the future at this time.

This is what cause "a stir"

we’ll be going back and reliving classic Spotlight missions
    This is what cause a even more "stir" because it literally mean NOTHING NEW ANYMORE.

Please, answer on this, really important issues.

• BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Commanders,

Now was that too hard, little bit of reassuring can go a long way can't it? 😉
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    Commanders,

Now was that too hard, little bit of reassuring can go a long way can't it? 😉

‘Reassuring’. 🙄
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    We'll see how "re-tuned" spotlight are gonna be and how we'll enjoy them like never before.
  • ToughTough Posts: 237
    “We have some great events coming up and have some great events and updates coming soon”...Explain please? @Kabam Miike
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Tough wrote: »
    “We have some great events coming up and have some great events and updates coming soon”...Explain please? @Kabam Miike

He will, when it becomes relevant 😥
  • Synthwave wrote: »
    Commanders,

Mike, nobody cares about doing Arenas. It's a senseless, soul-sucking grind that doesn't build community or emphasize teamwork; both of which are desperately needed right now. All the development team has done is just pick out things that only require the modification of rewards so that the absolute bare minimum amount of work had to be done.

What is the team doing about re-vamping the 8 month old Alliance Mission map? It's fine if you want to update the rewards so that everybody can catch up (if that's really what's going on here), but the fact that you've left Alliance Missions out of your announcement just further confirms that there's really nobody left to work on this game and that they're just trying to auto-pilot it as long as they can before the game runs out of fuel and crashes into the side of the mountain.

Sorry, but this is not an encouraging message, in my opinion; in fact it's only doing the opposite. You've been very specific about providing details about all the auto-pilot stuff, but what are these "great events and updates" you've mentioned only in passing? That's what the community is asking for; the stuff that actually requires a human being (or two if they're still available) to develop something (a new game mode, alliance wars, updated AM, a long overdue bot re-balance, etc.) that will restore confidence among the player base.

Why is it so hard for the team to share that information? My fear is that it's hard to share because it's not even on the table. I'd go so far as to say that my fear is that there's no longer even a conference table to put the ideas on anymore because the MCOC guys needed to requisition it to fit all the ideas that seem to be going on over there.

So thanks for trying (like I said, I know you've had a difficult job of trying to polish this turd up to make it shine), but this player base knows all too well the number of times it's been promised steak and Kabam has instead served up something I wouldn't even wish on a stray dog.

I know you have Kabam policies to follow, but if Kabam is serious about keeping the game going, it needs to tip its hand so we can take a peek; otherwise it's all just more of the same hollow promises and poor spin.

Well said Synthwave.

• kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Still signaling a long slow death that started with the last AM revamp. Making the same content harder so many people pay to rank bots. Still goes back to literally no effort being put into the game. Rebalancing bots, revamp synergies to make old bots useful, any type of new mode, gauntlets, literally anything would be better than “recycling” old content. Milking what’s left is all there seems to be.

It will all come down to the community and what they pay for. I don’t want this game to die but I’m done paying for deals to do the same junk but harder. I would certainly pay for a new mode. Such a shame.
  • Thunderman17Thunderman17 Posts: 26
    edited January 2019
    Commanders,

@Kabam Miike, is your definition of ”great events” recycling old content?

• Commanders,

Remember what I said before that the Generic Chips was bullscrap? Well kabam somehow turned that bullscrap into worse bullscrap. They're taking the easy way out of, to quote many others who have said this, recycling old content. This is complete bullscrap. While I have only been here since Jazz and haven't played any of the older spotlight missions, it's just wrong. Kabam is just a bunch of lazy developers who are choosing to take the easy way out. If Kabam had just been transparent, we could avoid this "stir up" as Mike calls it, and we might be able to come to some type of peaceful solution as to what we, the community, would like them, the developers, to do.

*sigh* Rant aside, I think this game is dead. Kabam is diverting all power to the Contest and leaving none of it to feed a single newborn Insecticon. Hell, I don't think they'd have any of the devs stop to work on Forged To Fight for a single solar-cycle.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Seeing that the cost for 5stars is staying at 1 million, and these bot chips are a permanent currency, they should be available as permanent rewards in all game modes. In every arena milestone and rank rewards, in all milestones and rank rewards of alliance missions and alliance events, in raids and even throw them into the hard daily mission, getting 1 million in just crystals and ramped up spotlight rewards is still a tough task, now we have to work at getting 3 million a month.