Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Support the game and it could become what you hoped it would be.

Comments

• Options
    what’s my problem then. Before the last week of August I spent over $300. I haven’t been able to play. I have been a fan of Transformers since 86 that’s 1986. You need to do a little more investigation into your theri of what’s really the issue. Programmers have seemed to lost their spark. They need cheering up but also do the job for what you are paid for.
  • Options
    VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    Personally I prefer Kabam pull the plug now and flush us all down the abysmal than a slow death.

I feel the same way, this feels a little like pergatory and I’m not sure which way it all ends up.

It’s hard to spend money when next month it could all be over.
  • Options
    tEatEa Posts: 65
    @Nutjob you’re obviously intelligent, just a shame you got to throw in insults when someone doesn’t fall in line for you. What a shame
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    tEa wrote: »
    @DaveJL I don’t have to understand their position or do I have to post comments with an insulting tone. I play the game & if they ever make it worthy of me paying then I might pay. This isn’t a chicken or egg situation. I don’t owe them or their employees a thing. The way the game is set up, so I don’t have to pay to play. If they or you want my money then make it worth it. Not my fault Kabam set it up that way. That’s “ignorant “ on their part. So now you can respond with more insulting tone. How much does Kabam pay?

@tEa yet you to speak in an insulting tone to Nutjob? But don't like it back and will even flag comments? Face it; you're just another f2p player who will never pay because it will never be worth it to you, but you're happy to have a good moan about it because you are "entitled" to.

The freemium model is quite clearly not out of ignorance because, once again, go take a look at Mcoc. Clearly an uneducated business model that doesn't work, and that's why Netmarble were willing to pay $700-800m for a games studio that has no idea what they are doing.

The game has not received an adequate level of financial input from players and nor has it arguably received an adequate level of marketing and development from the studio. Nutjob is rightly or wrongly saying if we want further development then it's quite clear that something has to give somewhere, and that give in his opinion has to be the players providing an adequate level of revenue and profit to justify Kabam showing an interest. Whether that is how it should work or not is irrelevant - it's the only thing that will keep this game going long term now or even return it to a level of profitability where they deem further development worthwhile.

I've already stated that I disagree with it - I've paid my way in this game and I don't believe I've seen a reasonable amount returned in the form of future content. I believe games such as this thrive off a relationship between the devs and the players - continual communication, development based off that and fine tuning a product that makes the player base happy but on the proviso that it still generates enough cash to be financially viable. I wholeheartedly disagree with being a whiney f2p player because it's just pure consumption. I believe in this concept of a relationship due to the ongoing developmental nature of the game.
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Nutjob wrote: »
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    @Nutjob Sure does sound like you work for Kabam. So, are you guys planning on more revamping?

Sorry to disappoint you. I don't work for Kabam. I, like many others, want to see this game succeed. Personally, I have invested significantly in purchases in an attempt to support it. Having done a little bit of research into monthly revenues from this and MCOC, I have been disappointed to find that I'm mainly alone in that regard.

I can see that our current player-base model is not working, and is the most likely cause for the game floundering. That's why I came here to suggest a feasible solution - that people who are active in the game make a small investment on a frequent basis. I truly believe that $5 - $10 per month, per fairly active player, is a reasonable reflection of the entertainment this game provides, and would make a significant difference to the monthly income.

If we did something like that, we would learn a lot about Kabam. Either they would take notice and we would see an influx of development into the game, or else they would ignore it, and we would at least know that the future of the game is effectively out of our hands.

There is a reason that there is a saying - 'Put your money where your mouth is', but I have never heard anyone say - 'Put your mouth where your money is.' We are giving Kabam our mouths in an attempt to encourage them, but I am suspicious that what they really want is money. Almost all of us don't work for free, but we expect that Kabam will. Why? As long as we give them some suggestions for their product, or complain about it, they will happily take losses to give us what we want? Would you? If you would, I'd love to hear your justification, because I don't know anyone who would be happy with that arrangement.

We have never really contributed much money to this game. The monthly income figures have never been strong. If that were to change, it would be interesting to see how Kabam would react. Currently, the community is disappointed with Kabam's investment in this game and community. However, we're giving them no incentive whatsoever to change their approach. Mobile games are businesses, not community service endeavours.

There is no Kabam in front of my forum handle. I can even show you a number of my Google Play purchase receipts for the game. If I did work for Kabam, I would be pretty stupid wasting my money on something I could probably play-test for free.

"I would be pretty stupid wasting my money on something I could probably play-test for free."

Think about that for a while.

Hahaha! This is hardly an early access standard offering. Let's be reasonable. You still made me laugh, though.

Oh, I'm reasonable, don't worry about that.
  • Options
    @DaveJL show me where I’ve had an insulting tone. Unless you’re saying that by implying that he works for Kabam is insulting? If so, you would be insulting Kabam. Who says I flagged his comments? If I flag a comment it’s not out of disagreement, but for spam or abuse.
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    @DaveJL show me where I’ve had an insulting tone. Unless you’re saying that by implying that he works for Kabam is insulting? If so, you would be insulting Kabam. Who says I flagged his comments? If I flag a comment it’s not out of disagreement, but for spam or abuse.

i think you just insulted him by denying that you didn't insult him. :D I agree with Dave..it's hard to take the high ground when you started the personal jib (insult or not) and then to call him out on very same action
  • Options

You're implying he works for Kabam to try and insinuate that he is talking rubbish and only someone who has a vested interest would make comments like those, rather than he is making comments like this because it makes any kind of sense. Don't try and play dumb about it - just own it.
  • Options
    DaveJL wrote: »

You're implying he works for Kabam to try and insinuate that he is talking rubbish and only someone who has a vested interest would make comments like those, rather than he is making comments like this because it makes any kind of sense. Don't try and play dumb about it - just own it.

That’s questioning his intent or motive. It’s a far cry from insinuating ignorance or poverty.
    I will own & apologize if you show me where I insulted.
  • Options

Nutjob thinks only he is right here. He started this thread off by judging and insulting people who are free to play, accusing them of whining.
  • Options

Nutjob thinks only he is right here. He started this thread off by judging and insulting people who are free to play, accusing them of whining.

There are a lot of free to play players whining - that's just fact. They don't really have much reason to in my opinion.

He is right in what he says. There are only two ways this game resumes development - player support or some strange large and continued injection of cash by some sort of benevolent Tftf fan who wants to keep the game up.

Whether we agree with it being the right thing to do is different - I don't think it's the right thing to do but he isn't wrong in what he is stating.
  • Options
    @Voltron I’m not taking the high road. While I’m by far not as eloquent as @Nutjob or @DaveJL , I do believe you can discuss a disagreement without resorting to insults. To insult is to bully & there’s no need for that. I do question the intent of someone who feels so strongly & use the tactics @Nutjob has. Entertaining at times, insulting at other
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited January 2019
    I'm all in for supporting Transformers.
    Heck, just bought
    - Soundwave
    - Prowl
    - Windblade (Legion)
    - Optimus Prime (Legion)
    - Dropkick (Nitro)
    - Blitzwing (Nitro)
    - Shatter (Energon Igniters)
    - Optimus Prime (Speed)
    - Bumblebee (Speed)
    - a 5 pack of Botbots
    today.

Honestly wouldn't have, if not for F2F.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    That was very well written. After my chuckling died down, I simply have this question for you:

Why do you keep coming back to this restaurant if it's so terrible? Just go to the shiny fast food joint across the road. I hear it's a marvel.

Oh, there could be many reasons. The easiest one to go with is they don’t serve the food I want to eat. The fast food joint could be a trendy vegan place and I want to eat meat. That reason why I don’t play MCOC is I’m more of a Transformers fan plus I like the game mechanics here a lot more.

The main issue issue I have with spending any more money on this game is that I don’t think it would be used to improve this game, but rather development of that other one.

Kabam has pretty shown us that they don’t care about us or this game. There’s hardly any communication from them and it feels like none of our feedback is taken seriously or only used to improve MCOC. At the time of this writing, Kabam Miike hasn’t been on here since January 15, but he’s actively posting on the other forums.

Also, if you look at the forums there, they have multiple Kabam people posting often. So much so that when one of them left, there was an announcement of that person leaving so folks could say their goodbyes. They also solicit feedback for that game on the forums from players as well as have beta test announcements. And even developers letting the community know what they’re doing.

What do we get here?

If you really want to see something, look at the MCOC changelog thread and then look at the TFTF changelog thread. Not just the frequency of the posts, but the content as well. Okay, maybe you don’t want to look at that.

Yes, there are some costs to keeping this game running as I’m sure there are still some people spending. Is it enough to cover those costs? Beats me. But if Kabam knows that people will still spend on the game while using little to no resources or effort, I’m guessing they’ll be content with that.
  • Options
    NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    Darm0k wrote: »
    That was very well written. After my chuckling died down, I simply have this question for you:

Why do you keep coming back to this restaurant if it's so terrible? Just go to the shiny fast food joint across the road. I hear it's a marvel.

Oh, there could be many reasons. The easiest one to go with is they don’t serve the food I want to eat. The fast food joint could be a trendy vegan place and I want to eat meat. That reason why I don’t play MCOC is I’m more of a Transformers fan plus I like the game mechanics here a lot more.

The main issue issue I have with spending any more money on this game is that I don’t think it would be used to improve this game, but rather development of that other one.

Kabam has pretty shown us that they don’t care about us or this game. There’s hardly any communication from them and it feels like none of our feedback is taken seriously or only used to improve MCOC. At the time of this writing, Kabam Miike hasn’t been on here since January 15, but he’s actively posting on the other forums.

Also, if you look at the forums there, they have multiple Kabam people posting often. So much so that when one of them left, there was an announcement of that person leaving so folks could say their goodbyes. They also solicit feedback for that game on the forums from players as well as have beta test announcements. And even developers letting the community know what they’re doing.

What do we get here?

If you really want to see something, look at the MCOC changelog thread and then look at the TFTF changelog thread. Not just the frequency of the posts, but the content as well. Okay, maybe you don’t want to look at that.

Yes, there are some costs to keeping this game running as I’m sure there are still some people spending. Is it enough to cover those costs? Beats me. But if Kabam knows that people will still spend on the game while using little to no resources or effort, I’m guessing they’ll be content with that.

I hear you, but it hasn't been tested. The income from this game has never even remotely approached that of MCOC. If it were to pick up for a while, maybe Kabam would respond. If they didn't, the community could withdraw its support again. It wouldn't have cost people much money if we did it for a few months.

There was a time when this game had development, even though the income wasn't great. I think that maybe Kabam has lost hope in the same way that we have. They figure that this group of players will never put much money into this game. The only way to change their minds is to prove them wrong. Two years with only a trickle of money from the community is a lifetime for a mobile game.

It's just an idea. I can't see how else this game will become a focus for Kabam. It's a feasible course of action if people genuinely want to see the game stay around and possibly develop further.
  • Options
    I hear you, but it hasn't been tested. The income from this game has never even remotely approached that of MCOC. If it were to pick up for a while, maybe Kabam would respond. If they didn't, the community could withdraw its support again. It wouldn't have cost people much money if we did it for a few months.

Fair point.
  • Options

What do we get here?

There was a time when this game had development, even though the income wasn't great. I think that maybe Kabam has lost hope in the same way that we have. They figure that this group of players will never put much money into this game. The only way to change their minds is to prove them wrong. Two years with only a trickle of money from the community is a lifetime for a mobile game.

It's just an idea. I can't see how else this game will become a focus for Kabam. It's a feasible course of action if people genuinely want to see the game stay around and possibly develop further.

Did you ever consider, in trying to compel people to spend money, that maybe you're trying to come up with a solution for a problem that doesn't exist?? Do you know for certain what Kabam's plans are for this game beyond what they've stated?

"If it were to pick up for a while, maybe Kabam would respond" Yes that sounds reassuring for those who are hesitant to spend because they think the game is done. If there is really a problem then Kabam can be adults about it and communicate it. If they haven't said anything maybe there isn't a problem or maybe the game is done no matter what.
  • Options

What do we get here?

Did you ever consider, in trying to compel people to spend money, that maybe you're trying to come up with a solution for a problem that doesn't exist?? Do you know for certain what Kabam's plans are for this game beyond what they've stated?

"If it were to pick up for a while, maybe Kabam would respond" Yes that sounds reassuring for those who are hesitant to spend because they think the game is done. If there is really a problem then Kabam can be adults about it and communicate it. If they haven't said anything maybe there isn't a problem or maybe the game is done no matter what.

I think the problem is that Kabam cannot overtly suggest something like this. It would probably be a PR nightmare if they released a statement along the lines of: "If the community commits to providing $1 million in monthly income from in-game purchases, then we will commit to a new development cycle for as long as the income baseline is met."

Could you imagine the PR backlash from something like that? We would have a slew of comments about this not being Kickstarter, the players being blackmailed etc. No business tends to advertise the revenue they will accept to keep their doors open. They simply make a business decision behind closed doors on whether to stay open, or not. I daresay that the decision makers wouldn't be willing to commit to anything in writing on the forums.

However, boardroom meetings are no doubt happening. Action items and changes in strategy are being implemented. I just wish we could band together and give them something to really think about when they sit around that board table. Instead of discussing life support and whether to pull the plug, it would be nice if they talked about how pleasantly surprised they were with the game's recent upturn, and whether they should consider siphoning resources from MCOC to see where it may lead.

The thing is, I believe that Kabam have a pool of resources that they move to where they're best utilised. Currently they're all working on MCOC, but if this game picked up its revenue, I don't see why they wouldn't divert at least some resources to support it.

I really don't blame them for making a choice and supporting the other game, rather than this one. It's what any one of us would do, unless we were genuine philanthropists. With so little income trickling in from this game, we're making their decision to abandon it a no-brainer. With minimal impact to our wallets, we could band together and risk about $50 each over a course of 6 months, to find out what they're really thinking.

Worst case, we all skip a decent steak dinner over the next half a year. Best case, we see announcements that the game will be updated and new bots released. We then consider whether about $100 a year is worth it for the new content. I'm just plucking a number out of thin air here. It probably wouldn't even take $8-$10 a month. Just one of the cheaper deals every couple of months may do it.

In the absence of other ideas, I have simply offered one. I don't believe Kabam wants or cares for game suggestions at this stage. They seem to have no one working on it, so what value is there in improvement ideas? I think the first step is to convince them to assign people to work on it. Then we can discuss ideas for its direction.

If you want to criticise me for my opinion, then go for it. I simply ask that you provide a better idea than mine, that may lead to further enhancements of the game we so dearly love.

Any idiot can be a critic. I have more respect for the artist who created something in the first place. That's a much harder job. Your local pub has 100 critics, but probably no artists.
  • Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    The fact that the moderators have let this thread go on for this long without any "watch your tone" warnings tells you everything you need to know about where this game is headed.

This forum is basically Lord of the Flies at this point.
  • Options
    Synthwave wrote: »

At least the kids from Lord of the Flies tried to establish an authority.

Kabam's not trying at all.
  • Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012

Tell that to Piggy.
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    The fact that the moderators have let this thread go on for this long without any "watch your tone" warnings tells you everything you need to know about where this game is headed.

warning for what? it got a little tense but everyone settle down. you made it extremely clear on how you feel, you don't have to repeat it at every little opportunity. In all sincerity, maybe it's time you quit. We know you care but it has become bitterness at this point. It's just a freemuim game.
  • Options
    Joker69Joker69 Posts: 345
    No point spending if theres no more new content and bots to spend on
  • Options
    Would that make @Kabam Miike a gold fish with wheels?
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Let this thread go on? I don’t even think they know about it.

Kabam, in this scenario, would take on the roll of the adults on the island.
  • Options
    VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    So I just checked all the Mods profiles. They’ve all been here between the 15th and the 17th.

They’ve not completely abandoned the place.
  • Options
    Vavatron wrote: »
    So I just checked all the Mods profiles. They’ve all been here between the 15th and the 17th.

Exactly. It's clear that almost all of their focus is on the other game. It's the same approach that any of us would take if they were our games.

They keep an eye on this, but while the other game is making money, this one isn't. If you were a contractor and had a choice of two jobs, where one paid more than 50X the other, you'd choose to work the higher paying job and reject the other offer, wouldn't you?
  • Options
    Vavatron wrote: »

it's only the 20th today... I'd expect at least one or two of them to have been online at least once per day