Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

A Message from Optimus Prime

Comments

• Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Mufc14 wrote: »
    (Rebalance for some of our lower performing Bots)
    Do you get it?

I was just going to say this.....not sure how anyone came up with "nerfing" after reading that.
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Do you get it?

I was just going to say this.....not sure how anyone came up with "nerfing" after reading that.

You can rebalance the lower performing bots by either boosting them or reducing the effectiveness of their competition. Usually rebalancing incorporates both options.

Nerfs are valid in this scenario.
    SkBirdman wrote: »
    Do you get it?

You can rebalance the lower performing bots by either boosting them or reducing the effectiveness of their competition. Usually rebalancing incorporates both options.

Unreal. Don't try to be too smart. The whole point is to make certain bots more viable and increase their usage. Nerfing a Megatronus isn't going to all of sudden make players flock to Hound. Do you truly believe that it will?? "Lower performing bots" was specified for a reason.

• VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited March 2019
    Do you get it?

Vavatron wrote: »
    If WJ gets a nerf may we please have some Rank-Down tickets @Kabam Miike ? R5 decision was definitely based on current performance.

Thanks.

“If” Do you get it?

Not sure what’s so controversial about my polite request.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited March 2019
    Do you get it?

If WJ gets a nerf may we please have some Rank-Down tickets @Kabam Miike ? R5 decision was definitely based on current performance.

Thanks.

“If” Do you get it?

Not sure what’s so controversial about my polite request.

Well, let's just say asking for a Rank Down Ticket in the MCOC forum is like asking for tomatoes thrown at you. Kabam wants to forget that ever happened. Now imagine asking it here when this game has never had them before? That's probably why it's controversial.

That and the fact that the post said "Lower performing bots", not mentioning anything about nerfing.
  • BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Bumblebee wrote: »
    Time to start playing the game again! :)

You're back!
    He's back! The man, the myth, the legend, Bumblebee.
    The best OP in history of this forum, the OP of such great threads as the Character sugestion thread, the "Nice catch, Kabam" thread and many more awesome threads on the forum. He's finally here after all these months!
    ddxbxjga2orb.jpg
    I'm not crying. Welcome back, ya filthy animal!

Haha, definitely gonna save this picture to my camera roll... :D

Good to be back!

• SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    Do you get it?

Unreal. Don't try to be too smart. The whole point is to make certain bots more viable and increase their usage. Nerfing a Megatronus isn't going to all of sudden make players flock to Hound. Do you truly believe that it will?? "Lower performing bots" was specified for a reason.

Yes the point is to make certain bots more viable. Now currently the game has a very small top tier, with Tronus and Jackie at the top. Even buffing Hound up to wahzoo, its going to be hard to unseat the current champions. By tweaking the current top tier to make them less dominating AND simultaneously buffing the lower tiers you can more effectively create an even playing field.

Theres more than one way to skin a cat.
    Do you get it?

Yes the point is to make certain bots more viable. Now currently the game has a very small top tier, with Tronus and Jackie at the top. Even buffing Hound up to wahzoo, its going to be hard to unseat the current champions. By tweaking the current top tier to make them less dominating AND simultaneously buffing the lower tiers you can more effectively create an even playing field.

Theres more than one way to skin a cat.

The moderator clearly stated they will be rebalancing "lower performing bots." That means, if you know how to interpret, "buff". He didn't say there would be an overall rebalancing of bots. He didn't say they would be rebalancing higher-performing bots. Why do you think he would go through the trouble of specifying only lower performing bots?

Long requested is another hint.....there hasn't been a long requested nerfing of any bot.

Anyways I'm done debating this. It's amazing in this forum how sometimes they clearly tell people things and people still don't believe. Way back in October this same moderator mentioned they would be adding new bots with a hyperlink to a picture of Scorponok and people were still debating as to whether Scorponok would be added. Lol.

Yeah for our two-year anniversary we're going to nerf Megatronus....Happy Anniversary players!!!!

Read between the lines
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    I wonder if they're continuing the plot of the decepticon titan from back in jetfire's spotlight?

Me Grimlock needs story to hear end of story
    f1cecd4roavb.gif
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Y'all, let's remember to be kind and courteous when discussing with one another. I understand that there will be points of disagreement, but let's be careful how we address others. Thank you.

may you be extra kind though, and spill some more info on next month ;-).
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    Remember how godawful shockwave and Galvatron were before getting buffed? It would be pretty awesome to see a bot like hound get turned around
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    E.g hound & grindor
  • Down_UnderDown_Under Posts: 149
    Hound is a must, Grindor is nearly irrelevant now, small tweak and he'll be back
  • Warrior2410Warrior2410 Posts: 154
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    I wonder if that might be Nightbird in the background.

The only bots in the re-made poster are Arcee, Jazz, Ultra Magnus, Bumblebee, Mirage, Cyclonus, Galvatron, Soundwave and Rodimus.
    The bots in the original trailer are Wheelie, Springer, Ultra Magnus, Kup, Blurr, Rodimus, Cyclonus, Scourge, and Galvatron.
    Out of these, six are not in the game. Wheelie, Springer, Kup, Blurr, Rodimus, and Scourge. Wheelie didn't get much action to my knowledge. I doubt he'll be added. Hopefully, they all can get added. Maybe more Wreckers could be added for Synergy bonuses.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    DaveJL wrote: »
    A New Temporary Challenge... Revamped Bee’s Gauntlet or Entirely New Temporary Challenge?

Will anything in the 8.0 update be new or just revamped content? i.e. revamped AM, revamped Bots, etc?

Not complaining, just asking. I appreciate the update.

Something different... We still can't say too much yet, as roadmaps can change very quickly, and I don't want to say anything that might change. We will be releasing more information along the way though, so keep an eye out!

aw hell, that's such a sweet avatar

I guess it's time I shared... I just added a few Alternate Avatars for some of our Bots, and a new Avatar for S-1000

Not to be a downer or anything, but what about Scorponok, Tantrum, and Jetfire's Avatars?

I'm on the case!

Are you still on the case?
  • Synthwave wrote: »

Are you still on the case?

Yes. We need to get the specific image and it sized correctly from certain folks on the team so it doesn't look all pixelated and gross. Sorry for the wait on this one. I'm talking to who I need to today after being gone a few. Hopefully not too much longer of a wait for them.
    Y'all, let's remember to be kind and courteous when discussing with one another. I understand that there will be points of disagreement, but let's be careful how we address others. Thank you.

I'm always kind and courteous when addressing others but the mistreatment and misjudgement that I've had to endure in this forum at times, can cause one to sour.
    I love you @Red_Eyes ... lean on me.
    :smile: Thanks man, tears of joy. I'm surprised you didn't include a link to a video, lol.
    My bad @Red_Eyes

i3pnoaezboom.gif
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    My bad @Red_Eyes

i3pnoaezboom.gif

c4er5q65apb1.gif
    Bumblebee, King of Cuddles
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008

I love you too @Red_Eyes

ev8k13igmda9.gif
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Follow up to the post above. The post was made in humor. Red is my alliance teammate and it’s important I pepper him with information not only via the LINE app but here on the forum as well.
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

I love you too @Red_Eyes

ev8k13igmda9.gif

Aw, thanks Jimmy.

Is that supposed to be a...pat on the back? Lol.
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    My bad @Red_Eyes

i3pnoaezboom.gif

c4er5q65apb1.gif

He may be but I think I'd rather have a hug from Hailee Steinfeld. :#
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited March 2019
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    My bad @Red_Eyes

i3pnoaezboom.gif

c4er5q65apb1.gif

He may be but I think I'd rather have a hug from Hailee Steinfeld. :#

@Red_Eyes
    What? No love for Hound's Exotic Massages?
    fvfqxhvrnpc4.gif

Also @Kabam Vydious why no mention of Massage Therapist in Hound's description