Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bot Intel Report - Thundercracker

13»

Comments

• Please specify what Ground Vehicles are. Do they include any beastformer? And is Galvatron a ground vehicle?

How the heck do you classify an animal as a vehicle? And canons that don't move for that matter?

As much as I can understand from his defense ability, it can be classified into two groups
    ->FIRST GROUP: any transformer whose alt mode allows him to fly can't be block by thundercracker like waspinator, megatronus, ramjet etc.
    ->OTHER GROUP: any trnsformer whose alt mode does not allow him to fly can be block by thundercracker like mv megatron, ironhide, optimus prime(any).
    Hope this will help you to understand

Yes, I did notice that he was able to block grounded ranged attacks, which I do find odd. I do wish to find out the other people he can counter as well What makes it more odd is that Megatron G1 relies on his heavy attack for his abilities and he's a Tactician, so it's odd that Thundercracker counters him.

Tbh, I feel like the block should work for grounded Melee heavies, rather than ranged.

In my opinion it is fine that he can even block grounded long range attacks. But for G1 megatron there should be an exception, like thundercracker can block it but megatron is still able to diffuse his debuffs except for sp3 as he can purify shock.
    Well as for soundwave, he uses laserbeak for his heavy and we all know that laserbeak can fly so thundercracker should not be able to block that one in my opinion
    ignore the above comment
  • The trick I got against him was yes, he could block. I fused an armour break when he was coming out of sp2, he wasn’t blocking.

Wasn’t actually my original intention but hey, I’ll take it. Made him easier to fight and those melee buffs were put to better use elsewhere.....
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Please specify what Ground Vehicles are. Do they include any beastformer? And is Galvatron a ground vehicle?

How the heck do you classify an animal as a vehicle? And canons that don't move for that matter?

As much as I can understand from his defense ability, it can be classified into two groups
    ->FIRST GROUP: any transformer whose alt mode allows him to fly can't be block by thundercracker like waspinator, megatronus, ramjet etc.
    ->OTHER GROUP: any trnsformer whose alt mode does not allow him to fly can be block by thundercracker like mv megatron, ironhide, optimus prime(any).
    Hope this will help you to understand

Yes, I did notice that he was able to block grounded ranged attacks, which I do find odd. I do wish to find out the other people he can counter as well What makes it more odd is that Megatron G1 relies on his heavy attack for his abilities and he's a Tactician, so it's odd that Thundercracker counters him.

Tbh, I feel like the block should work for grounded Melee heavies, rather than ranged.

In my opinion it is fine that he can even block grounded long range attacks. But for G1 megatron there should be an exception, like thundercracker can block it but megatron is still able to diffuse his debuffs except for sp3 as he can purify shock.
    Well as for soundwave, he uses laserbeak for his heavy and we all know that laserbeak can fly so thundercracker should not be able to block that one in my opinion
    ignore the above comment

If Thundercracker can't block Starscream's heavy then TC shouldn't be able to block Megatron's either. Starscream's coming from the air should make no difference, it's still a long range heavy like Megatron's. In fact Megatron's is an energy attack and Thundercracker should have no businees in being able to block that. He's a Brawler not a Tech.
    Also @Red_Eyes & @afextwin!

He does have that Synergy listed twice because we put the Decepticons together and then the Autobots together. So this isn't an error! Just organization in a way. :)

Hey, something is not adding up with this synergy....

When I put Windblade with Thundercracker the synergy shows as outgoing from TC to WB as per the Intel Report.

However when I put Starscream in WB's place the synergy shows as going both ways even though TC is not pictured in Scream's Sky Assault synergies. So why is Starscream giving TC the synergy and WB isn't? She is one of the main 3 Sky Assault bots so she should be giving it back also.uc060tm12eqx.jpg
    vfxqy0vt0t8u.jpgnlimnlamvfk9.jpg
    ae6afzr67lst.jpg
  • Thank you, @Red_Eyes! I'll talk to who I need to about this and see what the final say is.
  • @Kabam Vydious it is the same with hand of chaos synergie thundercracker does not get itbe9xf8eu0n2e.png
    ka1jvqwvag2a.png
    Thank you, @Red_Eyes! I'll talk to who I need to about this and see what the final say is.

You're welcome, sounds good!
  • We have some fixes coming in for Thundercracker! Read here!
    We have some fixes coming in for Thundercracker! Read here!

Awesome! Little things like this make my day sometimes! Lol.

Just had another concern with Thundercracker and his ability to not crit....If you use a 4* TC with a 5* Scout would the leadership synergy alter that "no crit" ability?
  • Red_Eyes wrote: »

Awesome! Little things like this make my day sometimes! Lol.

Just had another concern with Thundercracker and his ability to not crit....If you use a 4* TC with a 5* Scout would the leadership synergy alter that "no crit" ability?

Nope! Thundercracker still wouldn't have the ability to crit.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited April 2019
    We have some fixes coming in for Thundercracker! Read here!

Aww, too bad about the ground vehicle ranged heavy.
    Ground vehicle attack is ground vehicle attack I say. Haha.

No word on the backfire purification issue?
    edited April 2019
    Beastdad wrote: »
    @Red_Eyes , if I would have known they were going to change his ability to block ranged heavies I would have asked you to delete your post... :'(

Sorry I guess but i wasn't the only one who brought it up. He shouldn't have been doing that anyways, that was way too OP.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Darm0k wrote: »

Haha, I guess I didn’t see your post in that thread. 😅
    edited April 2019
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    @Red_Eyes , if I would have known they were going to change his ability to block ranged heavies I would have asked you to delete your post... :'(

Sorry I guess but i wasn't the only one who brought it up. He shouldn't have been doing that anyways, that was way too OP.

It is not a game breaking ability by any means. I was more so hoping for the Scorponok fix.
    I know this game is fantasy but Thundercracker is a brawler. As far as I'm concerned I could buy the idea that he could withstand melee attacks but ranged just didn't seem to fit to me.

Regardless of what I think though, Kabam only intended for him to block melee heavies so he shouldn't have been blocking ranged heavies anyways. Tactician Bee and Prime can still have their heavies blocked by TC even though they have class advantage over him.

What's the Scorponok issue? Someone reported that Thundercracker can Purify that Backfire.
    @Red_Eyes so far he is only purifying baracades and not scorps.

It's the other way around.