Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Intermittent Connection Issues [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited June 2019
    It's been happening to me since early last week I think. Then got very bad on the weekend or whenever it was the thread popped up.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited June 2019
    BOFAD wrote: »
    Hey y'all,

I've merged these threads together and changed the name as it isn't about the game being down necessarily but about connection issues that seem to be consistently happening with y'all. Thank you for everyone who is providing us with information, we are continuing to investigating it.

I assume as moderators and as you guys have commented before, that you guys play the game. As players are you not having connection issues? Its almost the scroll bug that was in version 4 or version 5. Its literally restarting the game every 5 to 10 minutes. We got AM tomorrow I really don't think anyone else wants to have to deal with losing 50% health because of phantom connection issues.

This is not something that is affecting all players. I have had no issues, and neither have the people here that I have asked, which is what makes it a tricky thing to pin down.

Everybody that is commenting here: You are sure that this is only happening since the issues we saw on Sunday? If this is from before that, that is a different Issue.

I am using Android 9.0
    Moto Z3 Play

Many, many "Problems connecting to network" warnings.... But...

No full on disconnects. I'm finding in 95% of circumstances, simply waiting it out will allow the game to reconnect on its own.

Having said that, sometimes it doesn't, and I try a last ditch hack of minimizing the app into the background, waiting a minute or so, then maximizing it again. This often jumpstarts the connection process, allowing the game to continue. If not, then force closing is the only option.

I am a little concerned for AM with this connectivity issue, just as everyone else is.

Observations... Happens most often on WiFi, and when I say that I mean ANY WiFi connection, whether I have tethered it to my work phone as a hotspot, home WiFi, or public WiFi of any kind.

On regular mobile data, I'm not having it happen nearly as often.

Not sure if that helps narrow it down.

• JKLJKL Posts: 997
    3a4h5gbvldqc.png

Grimlock not happy.
  • ShinokaizokuShinokaizoku Posts: 98
    edited June 2019
    We (EGKE and SYN) are losing the connection on more or less all actions in the game. Similar the same as described in BOFADs previous post on page 3.
    We are playing from Switzerland, Germany and Austria. We are playing on many different devices and operating systems. IOS and ANDROID also Tablet and mobile devices. All this started on Sunday as I have posted this post.

The message is every time the same:
    Problems connecting to network.
    Please check your connection.

Not as you @Kabam Miike described, we are facing all together the same issue with the connection.
    Sometime we have the connection lost all together at the same time and sometime only a few of the guys are losing the connection.

If it helps and you want us to do that, we can start on writing down the times of the connection lose and how many in the ally were affected. Maybe it helps you to find a solution for that.

Please check it out @Kabam Miike / @Kabam Vydious and let me know if you want to have a statistic as described above.

It is driving us crazy.

Thanks.

EDIT —> For example at this moment 01:08 AM (CET/MEZ) I don‘t have access to the game. It shows me the connection error and even shutting down and restart the app doesn’t help.
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    Load times are excessive as well. On wifi I'm getting on average 3 to 8 second delays between clicking on something and the action being carried out and this is consistent since the major issue Sunday.
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    It's getting worse & worse. I can't log on & when I do it says "problems connecting to your network ".
  • Cyber_tronCyber_tron Posts: 52
    Im even having issues with sending my bots on an away mission, loading the items or stash screen and the usual fights. It hasnt been as bad but for AM tomorrow this will be an extreme issue
  • Momo2008Momo2008 Posts: 92
    I have 300mb/sec internet speed and still can connect...😖
  • Momo2008Momo2008 Posts: 92
    I meant Can not
  • ShinokaizokuShinokaizoku Posts: 98
    edited June 2019
    Next disconnect at 01:35AM (CET/MEZ) I don‘t have access to the game. It shows me the connection error and even shutting down and restart the app doesn’t help.

Normaly after some minutes it is up again.
    Now 01:39 AM (CET/MEZ) it works for me again.

One more detail.
    Sometimes the fight is accepted as done and sometimes I need to fight again aggainst the same opponent (Spotlight)
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Same here in China mainland. Multiple reports, Android/iOS both. Lag can happen anywhere: loading screen, watch ad, away mission, raid, arena...
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Same issues for me. Heavy lagging, "Problems connecting to network", etc.
  • MAMILMAMIL Posts: 48
    Definitely a new issue that started a few days ago, games loads much slower if at all, but it’s intermittent and not completely down. I could do a few fights with no issues and then suddenly can’t connect at all. This is a serious issue for AM because sometimes it disconnects post-fight and I am not credited with the win.
  • Chad218Chad218 Posts: 44
    This issue has been daily since Monday. I never see issues unless multiple people do and it is a real problem. If you can play right now 30 mins straight and not see an issue you are blind or lying.

I have an iPad Pro and 1 Gig Comcast connection. Nothing else I do has any issues. It’s the game, a server, or something on Kabam’s side. AM will be a joke tomorrow with these issues.

What’s being done by Kabam to try and resolve this?
  • Same connection issue here
    IPhone 8 plus

jdr7pmz14ag0.png

And all of my alliance members too
  • Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266
    edited June 2019
    I’ve been having issues all day. I just changed my DNS servers from my to some good public ones (1.1.1.1 and 9.9.9.9). So far things have been good.

*nevermind, just happened again...
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    I’ve been having issues all day. I just changed my DNS servers from my to some good public ones (1.1.1.1 and 9.9.9.9). So far things have been good.

*nevermind, just happened again...

Yeah there is nothing we as players can do on our end to make it better. Even did the use Kabam login and logout of gamecenter completely and its still doing it.
    Glad to see its not just us posting, thanks guys. The more people that post the issue the more chance we have with Kabam resolving the issue quickly.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    I came back to check out this Grimlock thing and the bloody game doesn’t work anymore.

Raid... time out.

Re-log... time out.

Re-log... success.

Raid... error.

Re-log... success.

Repeat all over agin.

I play about 3 minutes before disconnecting. I’ve changed nothing since I last played the game.

f7px7ymwj4lm.jpeg

9pf6vs1r9zfd.jpeg

jhaqjw4vh2je.jpeg

This isn’t exactly going to win players back.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    Yes. I lost the raid.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Vavatron wrote: »
    I came back to check out this Grimlock thing ...
    ... and this is the prelude of what's gonna happen next. Vydious (acting as Grimlock, obvs) will fix all the lag/error/timeout
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    I've seen the connection issue a few times over the last few days. Hasn't caused me to lose anything, but I suspect this issue will only get worse come 10 AM US PDT today when the new Grimlock mini-mission could begin. Kabam Miike and company may see the connection issue then (think back to when the Megatronus Spotlight Mission was launched back in October... I fear it might be that bad).
  • Still have the connection issues, both on 4g+cellular and WiFi (on a fiber connection).
    And everything is slower than usual, from menu to crystal opening, launching a fight might last for ever...
    4z3bjth5rt9h.jpg
  • Moses328xiMoses328xi Posts: 61
    Hey! Can y'all tell me what device y'all are on?

This is happening to everyone in my ally as well. For me, it’s on iPad mini5, mini 4, iPhone X, and iPhone 8. Tried on multiple devices, restarting, reinstalling....no joy. Also causes raids to be lost even though there was plenty of time to finish. Worst part, is due to getting penalized during fights like losing half bot health, this can get quite frustrating.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Momo2008 wrote: »
    I have 300mb/sec internet speed

😱
    Still having issues any update? @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    AMs is going to be a mess :(
  • SteffSteff Posts: 71
    the alliance mission from sunday to monday my expensive in resuscitation and recharge of life due to disconnect problem i send a ticket and nothing just thank you