Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Away Missions Update Live!

Comments

• OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited July 2019
    Question, what level do you need to be to see tier 3 ore crystals, or is it more common the highed level you are?cause im close to lvl 50.
  • harsha1997harsha1997 Posts: 23
    I'm level 57, I'm getting frequently ore crystals but not found five star shards in my missions
  • Job4abotJob4abot Posts: 40
    Im almost level 51 and I haven’t gotten any tier3 ore crystals yet only tier 2
  • DiacloneDiaclone Posts: 29
    So, Kabam, when this change was employed, did the developers really not know what they were doing?
    Or,
    did they know all too well & this a psychological bait & switch tactic to inspire false confidence in the game’s future & encourage more micro transactions?

e20rpfvtlhht.jpeg
  • Diaclone wrote: »
    So, Kabam, when this change was employed, did the developers really not know what they were doing?
    Or,
    did they know all too well & this a psychological bait & switch tactic to inspire false confidence in the game’s future & encourage more micro transactions?

e20rpfvtlhht.jpeg

Unless Kabam hates us there is no excuse or explanation for why they did this
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    Given it some thought.
    If T3C, T4 Essence were so easy to come by, all the veterans have to do is continuously collect enough gold to R5 their entire 5* roster, creating an impenetrable defense for most raiders on their base, in arenas, etc.

Most would quit after awhile out of boredom, and intermediate players would struggle to get anywhere, as these now dormant bases would still be too tough.
    Having given up trying to break the glass ceiling, they'd quit, too.

Vicious cycle. Kabam can't afford to lose players.

I'm grateful for that brief period where i collected additional resources, but gold remains a mitigating factor. I spent 2M just getting 2x 5* bots competitive. Long way to go, so the unbalancing act was to prevent my original point.
    Too many veterans consolidating dominance.

I understand thet but why do you go some getting great stuff to junk i mean they could have not lowered the chance to get something good so much i mean really
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Given their frequency i think I'll save up 100 at a time, better odds to get something decent maybe
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    Given their frequency i think I'll save up 100 at a time, better odds to get something decent maybe

Honestly, I'm getting something decent every day. It's not that bad, folks.
    Nightpath wrote: »

Then why haven't I gotten anything but ore and gold since the day of nerf?
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008

This. ^^

Of the 53 crystals I’ve opened since the update, I pulled 3 T3C and a bunch of T2A. That’s the equivalent of 3 months of fully exploring Spotlight (Expert). Convert that T2A into T3A and now you’ve equaled Master Spotlight. Even if I don’t pull a single T3C for the next 2+ months (presumably hundreds of crystals that cost minimal amount of Gold), the effort and skill required is vastly lowered. Starting an Away Mission is a simple task that I can do with one hand. I don’t have to focus on my phone for a 3 minute fight.

Yes, the loss of energon through Arena Crystals is not ideal. But when you consider the replacement rewards, it feels balanced IMO at a minimum and more skewed towards a win for a larger chunk of the player base.

Then why haven't I gotten anything but ore and gold since the day of nerf?

Have some hope and perspective. Please come back and update the thread in 2 weeks after you’ve pulled 4+ T3C and enough T2A to form a T3A. Better yet, come back all smiles when you get score some T4C essence (which an alliance mate of mine pulled this morning btw).
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Before
    6wnuhjwg6rar.jpg
    d2tp4ohhkybn.jpg
    disub889nnfx.jpg
    l03enacavu0m.jpg
    After
    k5cmjsswmwi6.jpg
    68xq78l80nde.jpg
    shauyrxrxckl.jpg
    I did not sign up for getting Ore-13...hell the arena Crystal's were better than this crap
    Before
    6wnuhjwg6rar.jpg
    d2tp4ohhkybn.jpg
    disub889nnfx.jpg
    l03enacavu0m.jpg
    After
    k5cmjsswmwi6.jpg
    68xq78l80nde.jpg
    shauyrxrxckl.jpg
    I did not sign up for getting Ore-13...hell the arena Crystal's were better than this crap

Well at least it's living up to its name now right?
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Lol 😂 now we can say most of the time these crystals stink, but at least we’re gaining gold out of them
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    One thing I like is how ths 5☆ shard missions require you to send away high ranked 5 stars. And if you dont have any to send you will still get half of the maximum reward. This is pretty cool to me since it gives me more reason to rank up my bots
  • GungnirGungnir Posts: 81
    Well I've open a whole bunch of t2 crystals now.... And it's all been gold and ore, neither of which I need, as I can't do any ranking up without more T3 sparks and t2 alphas.
    I was getting these by 100% as much spotlight as I could, which I needed revives and health packs for, which I got via energon from the arena crystals which I got from away missions.
    I also used to get as many raid chips as I could from away missions, because I spent my actual time playing the game to 100% spotlights... Not raiding as I simply didn't have the time. The raid chips helped me with T3 sparks and t2 alphas, which I need to rank up.
    Again, not gold or ore.
    So for me (and I know it's different for all players) this change has now stopped my (already slow) progress considerably whilst I try and figure out a new way of gathering resources thats achievable around having a life and limited time to grind.

Just my two cents.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Diaclone wrote: »
    Or,

e20rpfvtlhht.jpeg

Nice cherry pick of ultimate best drop vs ultimate worst drop.

The reality is, new crystal drop rates aren't that bad, t3c still drops quite often.
  • In this case you should reduce the countdown to 1hr. If each mission has a time between the 8 and 10 minutes (expect for the rare and epic missions) after 32 minutes for four missions this part of the game became useless.
    @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Vydious
  • What the Hecks Kabam I play daily and now I have a wired glitch where I am missing a 5star shard on my Calander. And it's not from missing becase that would have a red X on it.
    What the Hecks Kabam I play daily and now I have a wired glitch where I am missing a 5star shard on my Calander. And it's not from missing becase that would have a red X on it.

It’s just a display bug. Everyone has this problem and it will fix itself soon. Happened last 2 months.
    I still can’t figure out why I can’t get tier3 crystals to show up lol. Wish I could have snagged some of those why they were there
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Well I have managed to get one T3 crystal in about 80-100 crystals opened now. Still worth getting
  • BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
    edited July 2019
    datfmz5awazq.jpg

Best opening ever :D (what if they nerfed the crystals further but not announced it? 🤔 #conteo )

The amount if gold is not bad so.. I'm okay with it :)
    Still haven’t seen a t3 ore crystal show up yet. I have gotten 4 star shards twice which is definately cool though
  • 11218931121893 Posts: 144
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
    Since you guys have removed arena crystals from away missions
    Add some more arena crystals in milestones and more milestones
    Job4abot wrote: »
    Still haven’t seen a t3 ore crystal show up yet. I have gotten 4 star shards twice which is definately cool though

You're level's probably not high enough to get them them, it's doesn't mention what the minimum rank is though before you get them