Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Away Missions Update Live!

Comments

• Options
    DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Kitten wrote: »
    Dircules wrote: »
    I’ll still be doing the missions but only for a chance of those sparks and essence The ore contents are absolutely useless, despite the name of the crystal.

You're playing again?
    Yep
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    I’ll still be doing the missions but only for a chance of those sparks and essence The ore contents are absolutely useless, despite the name of the crystal.

You're playing again?
    Yep

Nice dude, you a whale again?
  • Options

You're playing again?
    Yep

Nope! I’ve learned my lesson :)

• Options
    TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    Slayer wrote: »
    Also @Kabam Miike if i store those crystals and open them after the nerf, will it affect the drop rates of the prevailing crystals, too?
    This is a crystal update, not a new crystal, so even old crystals will get the new Drop Rates.

Figures. It was fun while it lasted, though. On the plus side, I replenished some desperately needed T3b, T3c, and T2a sparks in my quest to upgrade 4* and 5* bots. Also, some of the other new goodies on the Away Missions (especially the Epic ones) are nice. But... RATS about the nerfing of the Ore-13 Drop Rates. I'd ask Kabam how they are going to compensate for this, but I think they already did for anyone who opened those Crystals.
  • Options
    Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    This is why you people can't have nice things.
  • Options

You're playing again?
    Yep

Nope! I’ve learned my lesson :)

😂👍
  • Options
    Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Commanders,

We recently released new Away Missions that introduced Ore-13 Crystals. These Crystals contain Gold and Ore-13, with a chance to reward some high end Sparks, such as Tier 3 Class Sparks.

At release, the Crystals were overtuned, and the odds to get these Sparks was higher than it should have been. This is a risk to the entire balance of the game, and we will be addressing it.

Effective today, we will be reducing the drop rate of Sparks in these crystals to 1/8th of their current chances.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and any confusion that this may cause.

UGGGHHHH!!!
  • Options
    This is why you people can't have nice things.

Kabam is why we can't have nice things
  • Options
    Best way to continue:

Revert them back to the awesomeness they were

Make away missions able to be sped up with energon

Make them last a bit longer

Result:

Players may buy energon to speed up away missions

Players may buy energon to refresh the away missions

Profit
  • Options
    TimTheEnchanterTimTheEnchanter Posts: 21
    edited July 2019
    Curses! Wasn’t able to pull a T3 crystal before the nerf... I guess I’ll have to console myself with the pile of t2 sparks I amassed, some gold and some t3 essence at the least.

@Kabam Miike would it be possible to get a breakdown of what types of missions are a available at each commander level? Also, are there a any other factors?

Edit: also can we get a drop list % list?
  • Options
    Heres my idea on how it should be
    oqtq6mznytw5.jpg
  • Options
    McBusketMcBusket Posts: 174
    okay so the better question is @Kabam Miike and @Kabam Vydious I know sometimes you guys play the game, were you guys able to get any of the goodies?
  • Options
    Down_UnderDown_Under Posts: 149
    Aaand as a player who got no missions other than gold or ore, I too get punished.

My criticism stands on the removal of Arena crystals as the drop rate is now nerfed at 1/8 of stuff all.
    At least before I had 1/5 chance of Energon
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I’m positive the fix got messed up and instead of making the drop rates 1/8th of what they were, they are now 1/8th% of what they were. Any mod care to double check your excel sheet with drop rates?
  • Options
    I understand this, but ah man, well, back to taking a while to form a T4 spark. Cause I was very close to make a T4 Brawler spark.
  • Options
    Beastdad wrote: »
    Congratulations kabam! You have successfully killed the game! How do you feel?

Bet you'd love to have those arena crystals back right about now.

You're dang right I would
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious just mentioning this i think something is off about the timers.. Im finishing all the Away missions consistently and still have about an hour till the next one starts or refreshes.. They seem completely off can someone confirm or have it looked into?
  • Options
    Glad to see the crystal drop rates have been changed to the intended rates. Even if it did take longer than I would’ve liked.
  • Options
    Glad to see the crystal drop rates have been changed to the intended rates. Even if it did take longer than I would’ve liked.

LONGER THAN YOU WOULD HAVE LIKED!?!?!?

It was a horrible change @DatedWizard4
  • Options
    I am a little bummed but oh well. These are basically free crystals. We can get well over 50 per day. One t3c every day is still awesome in my eyes. Let's just be glad this happened and calm down 😁
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    McBusket wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious just mentioning this i think something is off about the timers.. Im finishing all the Away missions consistently and still have about an hour till the next one starts or refreshes.. They seem completely off can someone confirm or have it looked into?

that's because the shorted the away mission but didn't shorten the refresh timer. so if you get 4 of the common ones, you'll be a sitting duck for a bit
  • Options
    GilopsGilops Posts: 12
    These were away missions guys, as good as it was, away missions shouldn't be the main source of high end materials, if it continued then most other game modes would be pointless.
  • Options
    Voltron wrote: »
    McBusket wrote: »

that's because the shorted the away mission but didn't shorten the refresh timer. so if you get 4 of the common ones, you'll be a sitting duck for a bit

@Voltron I suppose that makes sense.. I just wonder why shorten the timers but still keep the actual refresh at its current timer settings. thanks for the answer though!
  • Options
    Phoenix8318Phoenix8318 Posts: 117
    Did anyone actually believe this nerf wasnt on it's way as soon as people started popping crystals? I myself got at least 15 full T3C sparks in under 24 hours for maybe 10-15k gold total. As nice as that is, I think the majority here will understand that was never intended by Kabam. And no game developer with any kind of interest in making money would intentionally give away so much goodies for free in the long run.
  • Options
    In Kabams defense, this was just about the simplest fix to make as compared to other issues which are orders of magnitude more complex.