Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Away Missions Update Live!

Comments

• Options
    Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    edited July 2019
    In Kabams defense, this was just about the simplest fix to make as compared to other issues which are orders of magnitude more complex.

True...but the time they did it in...

EDIT: for me it was

8:31 PM

To

12:51 PM
  • Options
    NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    Ah stop complaining. No offense, but some of this is starting to sound a little petulant. Sure, the crystals are no longer insanely game unbalancing, but they're still good for a 10 minute mission. I'm still pulling t3b and t2a sparks, and the ore and gold is always needed. Now I'm just waiting for an update to the arena rewards and milestones...
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Still even with the amount of these crystals well open even dropping the rates by 1/8 your still gonna see plenty of t3c and t4c and t3a im betting
  • Options
    McBusketMcBusket Posts: 174
    if I'm adding this up correctly depending on how many crystals people got this little mishap saved me about 3 months of work in just a matter of 24hrs.
    So lets just all say it was nice that Kabam left the bank Vault door open for a little while and they were nice enough to let us keep the Loot!
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    In Kabams defense, this was just about the simplest fix to make as compared to other issues which are orders of magnitude more complex.

The thing is they can fix this, Wheeljack, Kickback, etc...in 24 hours or less. They've had a year...a solid YEAR to address the other issues, and not a single update.
  • Options
    LouCypherLouCypher Posts: 111
    Looks like they swung the nerf bat a bit too hard on this one.
  • Options
    PeponfreePeponfree Posts: 83
    It was a bit self-destructing the way everyone started sharing screenshots of the new crystals droppings...
  • Options
    Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Beastdad wrote: »
    Glad to see the crystal drop rates have been changed to the intended rates. Even if it did take longer than I would’ve liked.

Obviously you are extremely popular in life. I mean you did set the all time post flag record in under an hour, big congrats on that one.

Doesn’t @jhonson has that record?Unless it is @jhonson, he did troll a little through various names......

Either way, ‘‘twas a poor comment. It’s sad that it’s ‘fixed’, and just another thing to put players off the game and lose faith in kabam.

Sorry kabam guys, bad move. Sometimes it’s better to ask the community, like the amount of bots the players were saying needed a buff. You know, you do it in mcoc...... why not here?

Plenty of us have said away missions needed updated for a long time. This is something that could have been conversed over on the forum. What’s meant to be the dev’s link to their gaming community and all......

Arena crystals could have stayed. Since these crystals are farting ore and gold in higher numbers, wouldn’t it have made sense to merge the gold and ore away missions into this?

Or alternatively, you could have made these new crystals tiered to away mission difficulty. If I’m launching a 5 bot away mission for these things, I’m wanting them to come back 8 hours later with more than a mountain of gold and ore. All the stuff that got nerfed to hell could have been tiered in a higher crystal. That way uncommon missions aren’t dropping the big goodies, and 5 bot teams won’t be coming home with t3 ore.

Also the complaints about away missions have been more that they are dated, and many of the more expensive to do missions weren’t dropping the resources worthy of the expense. 4 bot teams for t2c..... and not a full t2c. Or the epic ones for what’s basically a t1a. Maybe back then, but now now. That’s what needed changing more than anything.

Elaborating a little further on conversing with the community before changing something, let’s look at recent history. Mcoc community gets to pick what champs get buffed. We didn’t. Many were welcome, but some didn’t need anything. Kickback being an example, was already good and didn’t need any work. Hound needs his whole load out reworked, that never happened. The change here.... you could have asked us. As much as you’re the dev’s and all, surely listening to the gamers at hand is important to know what they want?

And let’s not get into asking for new game modes, or new bots, they’ve been requested enough times. But the point still stands. You can ask us, many of us are adults with genuinely sensible suggestions that aren’t game breaking.

On a last note, when I seen what these crystals were dropping, I feared for the future of the game. I’ve seen it before when games throw rewards at the player for little things as a last hurrah. A little extra cash splash before it closed down. I know this isnt the case here, but if you asked the community what we wanted from away missions, you might not have given that impression to someone who’s already concerned for the longevity of this game. If anyone else has experienced likewise on other games I’m sure the thought would’ve crossed their mind too.

Just ask. We’ll answer.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited July 2019
    Dircules wrote: »
    I’m positive the fix got messed up and instead of making the drop rates 1/8th of what they were, they are now 1/8th% of what they were. Any mod care to double check your excel sheet with drop rates?

Even if that is the case, it takes Kabam a long time to correct things in that direction. Exhibit A: forging.
  • Options
    DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Dircules wrote: »
    I’m positive the fix got messed up and instead of making the drop rates 1/8th of what they were, they are now 1/8th% of what they were. Any mod care to double check your excel sheet with drop rates?

Even if that is the case, it takes Kabam a long time to correct things in that direction. Exhibit A: forging.

I overreacted and things are fine
  • Options
    GungnirGungnir Posts: 81
    Nothing but gold and ore for the last 6 hours. Tried a few refreshes too, and still nothing but gold and ore.
  • Options
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    tvjvxggj97jb.png
    yveibfxp4qkh.png

1 from each batch is still lottery for me.
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Slayer wrote: »
    tvjvxggj97jb.png
    yveibfxp4qkh.png

1 from each batch is still lottery for me.

That's nice too see. Not much from mine but a t2a or t3c every day or two is definitely very cool
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    edited July 2019
    I'm not getting sparks anymore, now they're officially dead to me ಥ╭╮ಥ
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 783
    Change it back. It was better before
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Un-nerf them!!!
  • Options
    u2ff9p2igqql.jpg
    1 t3 class from about 50+ crystals... compared to 4 out of 10 lol. Oh well at least we can still get them
  • Options
    Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266
    Yeah, this is pretty much what I expected when they said they were taking away the arena crystals...
  • Options
    Nightpath wrote: »
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    No point spending energon on this rubbish now. It's like from the heights of excitement to the depths of despair.

Just because it's not a bonanza every time you open them, doesn't make them rubbish. The last 4 times I opened a batch, I only got ore. And this time, I got something a lot better. Even at 1/8 of the drop rate, that still makes them worth a fair amount, if you consider the total drops of Good Things over the course of a month. And no, why spend energon on them? Just have patience and take them as they come.
    8tf4tr6tdt3w.png

This :-)
  • Options
    Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    edited July 2019
    I can see why a lot of people are getting upset over the update but come on guys. It's uncommon, you can win 20-30 Ore-13 Crystals at the very least. You're sure to pull SOMETHING from those odds.
  • Options
    TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    Just dropped 36 Ore-13 Crystals post-nerf, and...

ppvlzaoywr9p.png

So it’s not the Christmas in July bonanza I enjoyed yesterday, but a 1000 T3a Spark Essence is nothing to sneeze at. If I can get that regularly, I’ll be working my way towards upgrading some of my 5* bots.

Speaking of which, the 5* bot shards & bot chips are nice, too.
  • Options
    BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    These crystals are still decent. Lots of cheap ore-13 to use or sell, good return on gold, and decent chances for all sorts of sparks. Obviously those crystals were great while they lasted, but that was an absurd reward for 10 minutes time. Three raids and a full mission later and I’ve gotten at least three tier 3 basic and class sparks along all sorts of other things.

Having said that, it is frustrating how it took them all of 6 hours, if that, to patch this out. Problems like Wheeljacks initial damage potential I can understand, it makes the game far easier for you with no downsides to it. A game that’s too easy is a lot worse than a game that’s occasionally too hard. But with these crystals, there were still downsides to using what you gained; you still had to spend gold to get it and use your rewards. So I wish they’d have just kept them around for the weekend, a few short days to enhance your army.
  • Options
    MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Yep that's definitely more accurate
  • Options
    harsha1997harsha1997 Posts: 23
    6ek7ktcfsixc.png
  • Options
    s0he7lp3y7f3.png
  • Options
    edited July 2019