Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

8.3 Patch notes Discussion

Comments

• DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I agree with the robot testing....wish I'd had that before dumping tons of resources into a Shockwave lol...
    The Android hitch is very noticeable and like he said above, Galvatron is definitely aware of it.
    I still have my wierd green grass glitch...only one in the world I believe...I'm special...
    3rroqrcqe86s.jpg
    fyfva4c7mosa.jpg
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    I'm surprised @DreamBliss hasn't chimed in.
    AUTO-FIGHT entire missions, buddy! In a flash!

I kid i kid
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Where is the showcase mode?
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085

It's under the spotlight mission tab
  • Technobot wrote: »
    Mastery Mode sounds great. Can't wait to see it in action. The other changes sound nice as well. Showcase mode... meh. Since I have every bot currently in the game AND pretty much play everyone in Arenas regularly, not sure how a max'd out test drive of the BotM helps the veteran Commanders... (unless...)

I take back what I said about the Showcase Mode. For veteran commanders who already know how the BotM work, it’s easy work to pick up a quick 10,000 Bot Chips using minimal Energy. So, there is some good value in trying it out.
  • @Kabam Vydious frankly, for an Android user like me, the start of the fight became problematic....I was going against Galvatron in AM and because of that glitch, I ended up losing my bot because Galvatron was too fast and it didn't give me a chance to block because of this glitch.
    Also, after two to three fights in AM and moving to arena or spotlight, the app crashes with the start of the fight. I loose half of the health when the app crashes during the spotlight missions when I move from arenas to spotlight...hope you can resolve this issue
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Slayer wrote: »

Only for Android users right now. Some iOS regions may have it already but not most.
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

Only for Android users right now. Some iOS regions may have it already but not most.

Nevermind, iOS has the update now too. The Apple Store is acting up for me and it was not there just 5 mins ago.
    If I explore Tech Daily today, will it be locked again next week?@kabam vydious
  • 74xvnhuny3ko.png
    The new (well, actually old) loading screen looks great...
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious as predicted, higher difficulty opponents are a crapshoot.
    A 5* R5, 16K+ Tronus or Galvatron absolutely has the upper hand (heck even Waspinator, Soundwave, Ironhide!) as the aggressive AI starts shooting immediately and a block is of little use.
    And our character has decided to SPORADICALLY backstep right after FIGHT! screen.

Other findings:
    - moto g5s plus (8.1, SD625)
    Crash galore during raids, AM. But smoother gameplay vs 8.2.1.
    - moto e5 plus (8.1, SD430)
    See above
    - moto z2 play (9.0, SD626)
    Same
  • Greetings Commanders!

We posted our Patch Notes for 8.3! Go HERE to read 'em!

We can discuss it all right here though. Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?

I'm really glad to see that devs are aware of these opinions and suggestions that forum members write here. :) A lot of ideas are already made from here. I'm sure that other important thougts will be made l from here too :)

🤜🤛
  • @Kabam Vydious frankly, for an Android user like me, the start of the fight became problematic....I was going against Galvatron in AM and because of that glitch, I ended up losing my bot because Galvatron was too fast and it didn't give me a chance to block because of this glitch.
    Also, after two to three fights in AM and moving to arena or spotlight, the app crashes with the start of the fight. I loose half of the health when the app crashes during the spotlight missions when I move from arenas to spotlight...hope you can resolve this issue

Why block? Backstepping works too.
  • The auto function is locked.... how is it released? What do I have to do?
    BDunked2 wrote: »
    The auto function is locked.... how is it released? What do I have to do?

Check mail.
  • I have to say that the lag at the beggining of every fight can be lethal in AM... I hope the "ASAP" fix don't let it be in the entire weekend (and the 3/4 of AM session..) :/
    Beastdad wrote: »
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Would have been nice to see the QoL upgrade applied to easy and medium spotlights as well. It's such a waste of time to grind those out

This.

I don't care if it broke the game with bugs, what people wanted was a way to auto complete lower spotlight missions, no one cared about the daily missions.

But maybe applying this new game feature to Daily Missions had a purpose. I for one think this is just a precursor for QoL to appear in all solo missions where applicable.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Beastdad wrote: »
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Would have been nice to see the QoL upgrade applied to easy and medium spotlights as well. It's such a waste of time to grind those out

This.

I don't care if it broke the game with bugs, what people wanted was a way to auto complete lower spotlight missions, no one cared about the daily missions.

But maybe applying this new game feature to Daily Missions had a purpose. I for one think this is just a precursor for QoL to appear in all solo missions where applicable.

I agree that I rather have it applied to spotlight (for QOL) but I assume that feature would require more development that they can't or limited to do (right now). If you consider how the auto complete is being applied to the daily missions; they're using your history of 100% as the key to unlocking auto complete. That's not going to work with spotlight. Maybe it's something to do with coding around pinch points where paths merges in spotlight and how to determine what to take...or if someone started a path and how to account that when they decide to autocomplete..these variables they have to account for. It was easier for them to use 100% from history as the key.
    Voltron wrote: »
    That's not going to work with spotlight. Maybe it's something to do with coding around pinch points where paths merges in spotlight and how to determine what to take...or if someone started a path and how to account that when they decide to autocomplete..these variables they have to account for. It was easier for them to use 100% from history as the key.
    If they really want to make it happen, they may not necessarily "simulate" all your passes. Just fix the rewards and energy cost into a win button that's all. I didn't take notes for each daily auto-complete reward, but I think they're fixed (excluding the essence from shark encounters).
  • 11218931121893 Posts: 144
    Hey y'all!

Thank you so much so far for the feedback on all of this. We really appreciate seeing it.

On a not so lighter note I want to draw attention to an issue we discovered! Rest assured we're working on resolving it though!

Any news on this ?
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    In regards to Primal's special 2, has it actually been fixed because I haven't used him as of yet?
    Also I'm pretty sure he had an update like this a while ago but I'm not too sure...
    edited December 2019
    Daft (and my fault) but I'd had left F2F with Auto Update permissions on 90% of my Androids, so nigh all are on 8.3.0.

Played on moto Z4, Z3, Z2P (9.0; SD675, 636, 626 respectively, all updated to 8.3.0) and on a moto m (7.0, P15, 8.2.1) back to back.

Suffice to say the moto m feels like it's got cheat codes and turbo mode activated.
    Ridiculous how much difference that hitch makes.
    I struggled in AM on all the Zs, as well as beating a 58K base in raids.

Switched to the October 21, 8.2.1 release and suddenly beating a 70K base, perfect, is achievable once more.
    It's not just the hitch, to put it mildly.
    Sporadic crashes, INPUT LAG and a new tendency to DASH is plain murder at higher level fights.

@Kabam Vydious perhaps a projected timeline to when a fix is coming would be ideal.
    Can't imagine all the superstars doing D140 on Android would be too chuffed.

Thank God for my crummy old moto m
  • 11218931121893 Posts: 144
    Can we have a shark event @Kabam Vydious
    It's been a long time
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Do something about that Hitch already man, giving a bit of trouble in AM.
    We cant always "block" or "backstep" because the AI is out to get us 😐
  • Slayer wrote: »

...and we losing health while blocking too.. IH start the fight with heavy pretty often--> instant kill :D
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997

...and we losing health while blocking too.. IH start the fight with heavy pretty often--> instant kill :D

Can you guys just step back to 8.2? Then update again when it's fixed.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I'm having input lag along with the hitch on my Android also.
    It's not just an intermittent problem, it's every single fight.
    Input lag is also an issue. Feels like the "sticky feet" issue on every bot. Sidestepping is near impossible.
    Oppo r17pro
    And @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Vydious
    Have you guys ever seen this green grass glitch on anyone elses game? Or is it only me?
    Ever since I went to this Oppo phone I've had this visual bug. It's 100% visual and in no way hinders gameplay...just wondering if it's ever been seen before?
    x9zaxvwjzp00.jpg