8.3 Patch notes Discussion

Greetings Commanders!

We posted our Patch Notes for 8.3! Go HERE to read 'em!

We can discuss it all right here though. Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?
«134

Comments

  • First: THANK YOU for the hotly anticipated fixes!

    Second: Can you please check with the devs to see if the same techniques used to make Primal's SP2 more reliable, can also be applied to Ramjet?

    Third: The auto-complete option for Daily missions is a nice QoL feature; thanks for that!
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,654
    Are you guys trying to make MY Rhinox even DEADLIER?
    What a lovely RAID present pour moi!
    Thanks, @Kabam Vydious

    Seriously though, the 'complete mission with energy' is superb, and so is the BotM
    test-drive. Max'd out, to boot.

    Really appreciate the effort
  • still the problem of revenge in assaults continues to fail, it is the only thing for me that would be missing.
    oh and if you can change the graphics for android would be happy lol
  • VanjieVanjie Posts: 65
    Love the new features, featured bot one especially!
  • JKLJKL Posts: 858
    I like these small additions in 8.3. Mission Mastery sounds great.
  • What I most appreciate about this patch is that it clearly shows that Kabam is listening to player feedback and incorporating suggestions that have been made on the forum. Thanks!
  • Hey y'all!

    Thank you so much so far for the feedback on all of this. We really appreciate seeing it.

    On a not so lighter note I want to draw attention to an issue we discovered! Rest assured we're working on resolving it though!
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,654
    @Kabam Vydious so should the Android community just hold off till the 'issue' is corrected?
    How soon is the fix scheduled?
    As @JKL has kindly demonstrated, ANY initial hesitation is death when fighting harder opponents.
  • Pumped for showcase mode!
  • Mastery Mode sounds great. Can't wait to see it in action. The other changes sound nice as well. Showcase mode... meh. Since I have every bot currently in the game AND pretty much play everyone in Arenas regularly, not sure how a max'd out test drive of the BotM helps the veteran Commanders... (unless...)
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    @Kabam Vydious so should the Android community just hold off till the 'issue' is corrected?
    How soon is the fix scheduled?
    As @JKL has kindly demonstrated, ANY initial hesitation is death when fighting harder opponents.

    Yeah, we're aware of that. We're currently talking about it and hope to have an idea for a solution here soon.
  • serdoodserdood Posts: 112
    Is this live yet? I don’t see it in the app stores.
  • serdood wrote: »
    Is this live yet? I don’t see it in the app stores.

    Soon!
  • serdood wrote: »
    Is this live yet? I don’t see it in the app stores.

    Soon!

    How soon? :D
  • Down_UnderDown_Under Posts: 126
    edited December 2019
    As per the above query

    @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike can you show the UI (interface) of what the Mission Mastery looks like and where to find it?

    Does it apply so I don't have to grind out Medium, Easy monthly spotlights?

    Day 1 launch player, I am level 60, nearly 300k rating

    Edit- thank you for the updates
  • It's for Daily Missions.
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,216
    edited December 2019
    Excellent update! Though i did kinda wish to see ramjet being adjusted as well when using his special 2. He has a Similar problem to primal(before this).
    I love the new features. Very nice. Good bug fixes as well.
  • TLP09TLP09 Posts: 1
    @Kabam Vydious
    Regarding the new Showcase mode;
    Will there be new bots added to the fight to try out?

    Awesome update, keep up the good work!
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 904
    You fix Rhinox, you make me happy ! @Kabam Vydious
  • What’s the exact conditions for the free pass on daily missions? Proving your worth can mean a lot of things.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 922
    edited December 2019
    Would have been nice to see the QoL upgrade applied to easy and medium spotlights as well. It's such a waste of time to grind those out, even with my strongest bots with my phone it takes probably close to half an hour to grind out 75 energy with those 1 energy missions. That adds up to several hours of my life for easy and medium, in fact two months ago I didn't even bother to do those two difficulties for the first time since my noob days. Last month I suffered through it just to complete all the objectives for the generic program. The fights take longer to load than to actually complete! Yes, that is partly on me and my not-so-high-end phone but still, what is there to prove?

    Anyways, on a positive note, great to see Rhinox get some love.

  • I concur, it's literally a waste of time for me to grind those Spotlights
  • I was blown away by how smooth the game is now, thank you for this update <3
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 529
    edited December 2019
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Would have been nice to see the QoL upgrade applied to easy and medium spotlights as well. It's such a waste of time to grind those out, even with my strongest bots with my phone it takes probably close to half an hour to grind out 75 energy with those 1 energy missions. That adds up to several hours of my life for easy and medium, in fact two months ago I didn't even bother to do those two difficulties for the first time since my noob days. Last month I suffered through it just to complete all the objectives for the generic program. The fights take longer to load than to actually complete! Yes, that is partly on me and my not-so-high-end phone but still, what is there to prove?

    Anyways, on a positive note, great to see Rhinox get some love.

    I agree.

    Since this is a brand new feature, it only makes sense to test it out with the Daily missions. See how it actually works out in practice in the player base. If all goes well, perhaps we will see the feature migrate to spotlights as well. As for me, I wouldn't complain. ;)
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 904
    Rhinox goes way back after a heavy now . Love it
  • Nightpath wrote: »
    I agree.

    Since this is a brand new feature, it only makes sense to test it out with the Daily missions. See how it actually works out in practice in the player base. If all goes well, perhaps we will see the feature migrate to spotlights as well. As for me, I wouldn't complain. ;)

    This is a great way to look at it! This is a whole new feature! Who knows where it can go from here. :)
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 922
    edited December 2019
    Nightpath wrote: »
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Would have been nice to see the QoL upgrade applied to easy and medium spotlights as well. It's such a waste of time to grind those out, even with my strongest bots with my phone it takes probably close to half an hour to grind out 75 energy with those 1 energy missions. That adds up to several hours of my life for easy and medium, in fact two months ago I didn't even bother to do those two difficulties for the first time since my noob days. Last month I suffered through it just to complete all the objectives for the generic program. The fights take longer to load than to actually complete! Yes, that is partly on me and my not-so-high-end phone but still, what is there to prove?

    Anyways, on a positive note, great to see Rhinox get some love.

    I agree.

    Since this is a brand new feature, it only makes sense to test it out with the Daily missions. See how it actually works out in practice in the player base. If all goes well, perhaps we will see the feature migrate to spotlights as well. As for me, I wouldn't complain. ;)

    Why does it "only" make sense to test it out with the Daily Missions? Maybe I missed it but I don't think I ever saw anyone ask for autocomplete for Daily Missions, but I know I have seen requests for auto-completing the easier difficulties of Spotlight. They could have just as easily tested it out with Easy Spotlight, wouldn't have been game-breaking and I imagine they did some internal testing already.

    But whatever, not the end of the world.
  • Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Nightpath wrote: »
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Would have been nice to see the QoL upgrade applied to easy and medium spotlights as well. It's such a waste of time to grind those out, even with my strongest bots with my phone it takes probably close to half an hour to grind out 75 energy with those 1 energy missions. That adds up to several hours of my life for easy and medium, in fact two months ago I didn't even bother to do those two difficulties for the first time since my noob days. Last month I suffered through it just to complete all the objectives for the generic program. The fights take longer to load than to actually complete! Yes, that is partly on me and my not-so-high-end phone but still, what is there to prove?

    Anyways, on a positive note, great to see Rhinox get some love.

    I agree.

    Since this is a brand new feature, it only makes sense to test it out with the Daily missions. See how it actually works out in practice in the player base. If all goes well, perhaps we will see the feature migrate to spotlights as well. As for me, I wouldn't complain. ;)

    Why does it "only" make sense to test it out with the Daily Missions? Maybe I missed it but I don't think I ever saw anyone ask for autocomplete for Daily Missions, but I know I have seen requests for auto-completing the easier difficulties of Spotlight. They could have just as easily tested it out with Easy Spotlight, wouldn't have been game-breaking and I imagine they did some internal testing already.

    But whatever, not the end of the world.

    Merely because if something unforeseen goes horribly wrong, the damage will be confined to a small area. There's already been bugs with the last few spotlights. By putting this feature in the Dailies instead, it limits the wildcard factor. :)
Sign In or Register to comment.