Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

8.3 Patch notes Discussion

Comments

• MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 135
    auto complete daily is a good idea but you actually get less essence per run, and interesting the energy required is slightly below doing it yourself

it also doesn't contribute to the 10 solo mission fight daily objective
  • MystaJay wrote: »
    it also doesn't contribute to the 10 solo mission fight daily objective

Really? This is basically the only reason I even do daily missions.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    My Nox still got punished once upon missed heavy (against Demotron).
  • 11218931121893 Posts: 144
    wuhjpsb1wugj.png

And what's with this ?
    No abilities 😂😂
    TFW you can't look up the Sig description from others' bots. @1121893
    TFW you can't look up the Sig description from others' bots. @1121893

Yep not even abilities
    edited December 2019
    for an Android user like me, the start of the fight became problematic....
    At higher am difficulties like 110+
    Even if we block or backstep sometimes we get caught and we are forced to use revives and in worst case energon too
    And holding block at those levels doesn't decrease the damage level we take
    Do something about this ASAP
  • My Nox still got punished once upon missed heavy (against Demotron).

If you miss a heavy attack, other bots are usually punished too.. that's the point of dodging :P
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Voltron wrote: »
    That's not going to work with spotlight. Maybe it's something to do with coding around pinch points where paths merges in spotlight and how to determine what to take...or if someone started a path and how to account that when they decide to autocomplete..these variables they have to account for. It was easier for them to use 100% from history as the key.
    If they really want to make it happen, they may not necessarily "simulate" all your passes. Just fix the rewards and energy cost into a win button that's all. I didn't take notes for each daily auto-complete reward, but I think they're fixed (excluding the essence from shark encounters).

this is true but I was thinking more of each path because I don't think we can 100% some of the chapters with the energy we have...but i guess this is where the 1 for 1 energon to energy costs comes in. Not sure i'll want to spend energon for it and would just just it for the first few chapters in easy and meduim.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited December 2019
    What happened to the Daily Mission day for all the classes?? Not even full sparks anymore, just Crystal shards and not even enough for a full crystal (not for medium at least)?

Talk about one step forward, two steps back.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    What happened to the Daily Mission day for all the classes?? Not even full sparks anymore, just Crystal shards and not even enough for a full crystal (not for medium at least)?

Talk about one step forward, two steps back.

@Kabam Vydious - you should include this change in the 8.3 update notes as well. This reward change is pretty significant.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    JKL wrote: »
    Can we have fully forged test bots? Not only can we test out the bot itself but also if we want to make the commitment to forge them. Committing to fully forge a bot is a big decision so it would help to test a bot at it's full potential.

Pretty sure the reason why is because you’d just destroy the AI and not really get to try out the bot.
  • MAMILMAMIL Posts: 48
    @Kabam Vydious The glitch that freezes bots at the beginning of fights in Android shows up in iOS too. I had several occasions where my bot freezes when AI bot fires a range heavy, doesn’t appear against rollout heavies and doesn’t appear very often but it showed up for me in AM today, which was quite aggravating. I don’t have a video but I will start recording, doubt it will help much as it would look like I just missed a sidestep.
  • Had a fight against grimlock where he locked into his Dino form, in the kinda pose where he’s coming back down on his sp2. Would’ve screenshot it but was too busy buckled with laughter at grim floating around on his tail.

His sword still appeared through this though and moved around like normal. Just a visual glitch but it’s there and lasted about 6-7 seconds
    Had a fight against grimlock where he locked into his Dino form, in the kinda pose where he’s coming back down on his sp2. Would’ve screenshot it but was too busy buckled with laughter at grim floating around on his tail.

His sword still appeared through this though and moved around like normal. Just a visual glitch but it’s there and lasted about 6-7 seconds

Reproducible if he range-evades when heavying.
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Had a fight against grimlock where he locked into his Dino form, in the kinda pose where he’s coming back down on his sp2. Would’ve screenshot it but was too busy buckled with laughter at grim floating around on his tail.

I also happened to fight against his Dino form. It's look funny as hell.
  • Had a fight against grimlock where he locked into his Dino form, in the kinda pose where he’s coming back down on his sp2. Would’ve screenshot it but was too busy buckled with laughter at grim floating around on his tail.

Reproducible if he range-evades when heavying.

Yep that was the mod. Shame a player can’t do it.
    DonApis wrote: »

I also happened to fight against his Dino form. It's look funny as hell.

Loved it. @Kabam Vydious please don’t fix this. If anything make it happen more often.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    edited December 2019
    Darm0k wrote: »
    JKL wrote: »
    Can we have fully forged test bots? Not only can we test out the bot itself but also if we want to make the commitment to forge them. Committing to fully forge a bot is a big decision so it would help to test a bot at it's full potential.

Pretty sure the reason why is because you’d just destroy the AI and not really get to try out the bot.

Would be good to get fully forged maxed out test bots to try against different tiers of opponents. Like maybe 3 difficulties. 1) enemy bot rating 10-15k on par with test bot. 2) enemy bot rating 60-65k on par with D140 (or whatever max AM level will be). 3) enemy bot rating 100k or 200k like RoTK. Then you can really test potential.

EDIT: wouldn’t even need rewards for this since it’s just to try out. Gives people confidence to push for AM levels and ROK/ RotK for the actual “better” rewards
    @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike any update on when this 8.3 hitch will be fixed? It seems the sever is forcing everyone to update to 8.3 by not letting anything older log in. That's not right.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited December 2019
    @Voltron it's been 36hr since my "Disable Auto Update" moto m DECIDED TO UPDATE F2F.
    It's the ONLY app I've ever seen do that, over 3G data nonetheless!

Surely some T&Cs have been breached, mind!

So i whipped out an even older Android (moto Droid Ultra, qualcomm S4 Pro!) and the previously working app won't even load.
    Some punter here mentioned a change of backend to 64-bit, which would explain the older 32-bit systems no longer able to open the game.

PS- now ALL my devices are force-fed 8.3.0, including the iPhone X.
    Bad form.
    Raids and AM are a massive slap in the face as each fight is guaranteed an AI combo/heavy/ranged attack at the START.
  • It seems the hitch at begin of fight is fixed. Sometimes still notice a very small fraction, but i can see it is better than previous. Great work Kabam!
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    @Voltron it's been 36hr since my "Disable Auto Update" moto m DECIDED TO UPDATE F2F.
    It's the ONLY app I've ever seen do that, over 3G data nonetheless!

Surely some T&Cs have been breached, mind!

So i whipped out an even older Android (moto Droid Ultra, qualcomm S4 Pro!) and the previously working app won't even load.
    Some punter here mentioned a change of backend to 64-bit, which would explain the older 32-bit systems no longer able to open the game.

PS- now ALL my devices are force-fed 8.3.0, including the iPhone X.
    Bad form.
    Raids and AM are a massive slap in the face as each fight is guaranteed an AI combo/heavy/ranged attack at the START.

that 64 vs. 32-bit explanation make sense but still not cool. lol.
    hoolienwee wrote: »
    It seems the hitch at begin of fight is fixed. Sometimes still notice a very small fraction, but i can see it is better than previous. Great work Kabam!

it's not great work if there's still a small hitch sometimes
    8.3.1 patched-patch has nullified the HITCH.
    Cheers
  • I have updated and now have massive network problems between each fight
  • I have updated and now have massive network problems between each fight

Make sure your connection is strong. Try turning Wi-fi off and then back on via your device! If that doesn't help, please reinstall!
  • @Kabam Vydious the hitch on Android is not yet resolved. Still the same after you posted that it has been resolved.
  • @Kabam Vydious the hitch on Android is not yet resolved. Still the same after you posted that it has been resolved.

Update the game. It will work :) I updated a minute ago and the hitch is gone finally
  • It somehow required strong internet connection. On mobile data, you will notice the hitch, depends on your signal strength.
    Increased FREEZE, FORCE-CLOSE
    on Qualcomm SD625, 626, 630, 632 series phones running Android 8.0, 8.1, 9.0.

OVERHEATING has increased on iPhone X, 13.1.2.

However, IMPROVED performance on MT6737M, 6755, 6771T devices.

@Kabam Miike