Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Necrotronus is the inferior version of Hot Rod

Comments

• Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Yes, it works through their blocks but you have to assume that the opponent isn't constantly sidestepping and even then 60% is still low, if you have to hit (blocking or not) an opponent 3-4-5, or more, times just to get one Deceleration then I don't really consider that being an anti-evade bot. The anti-evade bot should have a MAJOR advantage over the evade bot.

You still have to be able to work up to a SP3 and in the meantime one unexpected evade and you've lost a ton of health against higher-end content.

Hot Rod's chances of inflicting the deceleration debuff, or even shooting range attacks alone may be more frequent than you would perhaps experienced. There is rarely a scenario in the game where you're entirely devoid of shooting range attacks or not having your range attacks connect at all even throughout the fight. If a player doesn't have a clear opening or opportunity, for instance the example you gave, having the opponent constantly dashing towards you or range attacks constantly missing, then you must adept, strategize and create an opening. This applies to all bots, not just Hot Rod. The beauty of this game is that it takes a level of skill and knowledge involved that you must possess in order to excel further into the game. It's not a walk-in-the-park for any bots in the game where you could be guaranteed anything. Thus you need to know when to engage, when to lean back and dodge, and when to strike, double that for higher-end content such as alliance missions or legends of cybertron.

On that front, Hot Rod is THE evade-killer once the deceleration debuff does eventually trigger as it will completely shut down any evade attempts made. The other warriors such as Drift or Necrotronus only has an improved chance of preventing the opponent to evade, but still a chance. One of the reason why Drift is more prominent than Hot Rod is because Hot Rod requires practice and a certain way of playing him to fully utilize his utilities (which is enough reason to deter some players from fully investing and learning how to play him the proper way) while Drift is more of a straightforward character.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    I think the fact that, amongst the player base, a maxed out Drift is far more common than a maxed out Hot Rod pretty much says it all.

I have no idea why - Drift isn't all that good IMO. Just has some bleeds, some crits, some crit damage, some evade and some anti-evade. Hotrod is definitely the better anti-evader, but Drift does have good DPS

It all depends on play style. HR is more for range players while Drift is great for other styles like aggressive or counter attack.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    JKL wrote: »
    I think the fact that, amongst the player base, a maxed out Drift is far more common than a maxed out Hot Rod pretty much says it all.

I have no idea why - Drift isn't all that good IMO. Just has some bleeds, some crits, some crit damage, some evade and some anti-evade. Hotrod is definitely the better anti-evader, but Drift does have good DPS

It all depends on play style. HR is more for range players while Drift is great for other styles like aggressive or counter attack.

Some Scouts don't let you play ranged though.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited May 2020

That's a pretty good little package right there isn't it? Reliable bleeds that can get longer with higher sig. plus Deep Wounds, not to mention the instant damage potential that comes with Deep Wounds.

With that package Drift's anti-evade is "good enough", you know it's not perfect but you know what to expect and you keep it for as long as you don't get hit.

With Hot Rod, to get the most out of him, you're constantly having to worry to Decelerate the opponent. The anti-evade abilities Kabam has given Hot Rod, in my opinion, just aren't good enough to make people say I'll give up what Drift offers because Hot Rod's anti-evade is just so much more superior than Drift's.

I had a look at Omega Primes earlier and I think 4 or 5 them had Drift in their top 3, not a single Hot Rod. There must be some reason players from one of the top alliances rely on Drift for AM and not Hot Rod despite the presence of several Evade mods. It's so obvious.
  • Red_Eyes wrote: »
    That's a pretty good little package right there isn't it? Reliable bleeds that can get longer with higher sig. plus Deep Wounds, not to mention the instant damage potential that comes with Deep Wounds.

With that package Drift's anti-evade is "good enough", you know it's not perfect but you know what to expect and you keep it for as long as you don't get hit.

With Hot Rod, to get the most out of him, you're constantly having to worry to Decelerate the opponent. The anti-evade abilities Kabam has given Hot Rod, in my opinion, just aren't good enough to make people say I'll give up what Drift offers because Hot Rod's anti-evade is just so much more superior than Drift's.

I had a look at Omega Primes earlier and I think 4 or 5 them had Drift in their top 3, not a single Hot Rod. There must be some reason players from one of the top alliances rely on Drift for AM and not Hot Rod despite the presence of several Evade mods. It's so obvious.

Clearly, you're more of a fan towards Drift than Hot Rod. Regardless of anyone's opinion on whether which bot is better than the other. What we can all agree on is that every bot has its uses from one scenario to another. It all depends on the individual to change their own minds rather than forcing someone else's opinion onto them.

With that said. Hot Rod is more of a high-risk, high-reward character. You can play him exactly like Drift's or any bot's playstyle of aggressiveness and countering attacks, or you can play him the Hot Rod way. Land a deceleration debuff on the opponent first (which is easily applied within 1-3 shots on the opponent, blocking or not) to completely nullify any potential evade without the worry of getting caught off guard by it. Then proceed to build up to your S.P.2s and know almost every hit on those S.P.2s will guarantee you massive critical damage. His Acceleration signiture only helps him get his specials faster.

We all know what each bot can and cannot do. All have their strengths and weaknesses. If some people are not sure about certain things then we help educate them (which is what the people on the forums does best). So whether or not some people think Hot Rod or any other bot should get an update / adjustments towards their stats and abilities is ultimately up to the people at Kabam to decide what is best for everyone.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    edited May 2020
    Warrior bots are not that common for AM in the first place. I don’t recall a single team mate ever talking about hot rod or using him for AM. Drift was the previous warrior of choice for the smoothness of his controls. Even now, 2-3 players do bring Drift for AM. However, necrotronus is catching up in terms of being used in AM, for the synergy he gives mts. Would say about 4-5 players bring necro. Just helping to provide stats. But even at D100, the evade lanes aren’t the one that we worry particularly about. It’s more of the armour path and heal path. So personally I don’t really understand all this discussion on hot rod and evade bots. Maxing out unfazed mastery to deal with evade bots works great for me.

Bludgeon still has my vote for fave warrior bot.

To add on, so far the highest AM score I’ve seen was accomplished with Drift, Prowl, OGP. He completed D100 solo.
  • Faithz17 wrote: »
    Warrior bots are not that common for AM in the first place. I don’t recall a single team mate ever talking about hot rod or using him for AM. Drift was the previous warrior of choice for the smoothness of his controls. Even now, 2-3 players do bring Drift for AM. However, necrotronus is catching up in terms of being used in AM, for the synergy he gives mts. Would say about 4-5 players bring necro. Just helping to provide stats. But even at D100, the evade lanes aren’t the one that we worry particularly about. It’s more of the armour path and heal path. So personally I don’t really understand all this discussion on hot rod and evade bots. Maxing out unfazed mastery to deal with evade bots works great for me.

Bludgeon still has my vote for fave warrior bot.

To add on, so far the highest AM score I’ve seen was accomplished with Drift, Prowl, OGP. He completed D100 solo.

The original intent of this thread was to provide reason as to why purchasing Necrotronus with the limited Titan Fragments may not be as good of a purchase as one would originally thought compared to the likes of Megatronus or Thundercracker due to the similarities I've discovered while researching these bots.

The rest of the discussion with Hot Rod essentially ended up being why should Hot Rod even be considered for higher-end content due to the apparent difficulty in applying the deceleration debuff particularly on evading opponents compared to Drift as brought up by Red_Eyes. As you've mentioned, if one has a maxed out Unfazed mastery with a 50% chance of triggering every time the opponent evades then this essentially eliminates the need for warrior bots to be in play in the first place.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    The original intent of this thread was to provide reason as to why purchasing Necrotronus with the limited Titan Fragments may not be as good of a purchase as one would originally thought compared to the likes of Megatronus or Thundercracker due to the similarities I've discovered while researching these bots.

I dunno, me thinks the purpose of this thread was to be convinced that it’s okay to not have enough titan fragments to buy Necrotronus by saying Hot Rod is better. Yes?

Anyways, if you get that amount of fragments and don’t have Megatronus yet, why would you not get him?
  • Darm0k wrote: »
    I dunno, me thinks the purpose of this thread was to be convinced that it’s okay to not have enough titan fragments to buy Necrotronus by saying Hot Rod is better. Yes?

Anyways, if you get that amount of fragments and don’t have Megatronus yet, why would you not get him?

I did mention several times it's completely up to the individual still whether they intend to purchase Necrotronus for reasons they might have or not. As far as I was aware, nobody knew how similar Necrotronus was compared to Hot Rod, thus this thread's existence. How people will perceive such information provided is up to interpretation.

However what is certain is that the majority of the community do think Megatronus is a better purchase than Necrotronus for obvious reasons due to his long-lasting survivability and utility alone, something of which Necrotronus lacks either. At least to the extent Megatronus is currently. I personally went for Thundercracker but Megatronus is certainly next on my list of future purchases.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I already had Megatronus and Thundercracker, but I spent my titan frags on Nemesis rather than Necro...
    @DaveJL so TC or nemesis?
  • VectorSierraXÎXVectorSierraXÎX Posts: 84
    edited May 2020
    I already had Megatronus and Thundercracker, but I spent my titan frags on Nemesis rather than Necro...

Nemesis Prime is a spectacular bot for taking down Optimus Primal in Revenge of the King. And any other bots whom of which regularly generates armour buffs and especially melee buffs. Although taking him up against Rulers of Kaon Grindor may not be such a good idea. It'll be like running a virtual marathon match for one or two hours straight.

How's Nemesis Prime to you? Is he to your liking so far? And any reason why you chose to go with Nemesis Prime instead of Necrotronus you could perhaps share?
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779

Nemesis Prime is a spectacular bot for taking down Optimus Primal in Revenge of the King. And any other bots whom of which regularly generates armour buffs and especially melee buffs. Although taking him up against Rulers of Kaon Grindor may not be such a good idea. It'll be like running a virtual marathon match for one or two hours straight.

How's Nemesis Prime to you? Is he to your liking so far? And any reason why you chose to go with Nemesis Prime instead of Necrotronus you could perhaps share?

Nemesis just seems like he has an interesting ability set. I only have him at rank 2 at the moment though.

I saw some of Xenoprime's gameplay and decided to try it - me and him like similar bots
  • DaveJL wrote: »
    Nemesis just seems like he has an interesting ability set. I only have him at rank 2 at the moment though.

I saw some of Xenoprime's gameplay and decided to try it - me and him like similar bots

It's great to hear you've taken an interest with Nemesis Prime. Indeed he does have an interesting and unique ability sets. Certainly a great bot against Brawler bots are it should be given the class advantage over them.

He's a video of him at R5 as a 5* I've found on YouTube for better insight:
    https://youtu.be/do5K5j0J34c
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    CoronaTronus in action

l1rapkxjgie3.gif
    Seriously Bludgeon is where it’s at...

nb3v4gk66bqn.gif
    edited May 2020
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    Seriously Bludgeon is where it’s at...

nb3v4gk66bqn.gif

Granted, the Bludgeon you're facing is 7-8 times stronger compared to your rating, at class disadvantage, melee damage mod, critical rate and critical damage from his signiture. Practically all bots could dish out that much damage or even more on that level of difficulty in alliance missions. Still, that's much lower compared to @Jay32 131K critical damage against Rulers of Kaon Mixmaster.
    cn7ta0m4jgak.jpg
    Quite an impressive feat to say the least.
    Hmmm not sure if you can see the 220,589 damage?

fi8k1m2vy3wi.png

Either way, they were all done by Bludgeons. So yup bludgeon is best warrior ;) . The previous map D140 bludgeon on 1.1 had a record of 147k damage. Should also say that the Bludgeon above was still double-linked though. Hahahaha
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Still, that's much lower compared to @Jay32 131K critical damage against Rulers of Kaon Mixmaster.
    cn7ta0m4jgak.jpg
    Quite an impressive feat to say the least.

Not to discount Jay32’s awesome S2 crit hit, but that’s with swordmaster synergy so that skews things a little bit.

fi8k1m2vy3wi.png

Either way, they were all done by Bludgeons. So yup bludgeon is best warrior ;) . The previous map D140 bludgeon on 1.1 had a record of 147k damage. Should also say that the Bludgeon above was still double-linked though. Hahahaha

Okay, but what is the base attack rating of that Bludgeon and how does it compare to a 5/50 forge 100 that us players could have?
    Well, the comment above mine showed AM necro and not a player’s necro.

Why am I flagged? 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Lol I don’t usually bother to read stats but I can check it for you tomorrow I guess
    edited May 2020

fi8k1m2vy3wi.png

As a standalone bot, meaning to say it's certainly not assisted by a melee damage mod especially and the extremely high base attack in alliance missions which as I've mentioned, 7-8 times stronger while you're also at class disadvantage. While A.M Bludgeon's signiture is at max level 100 if I'm not mistaken, granting you an extra 250% critical damage. @Jay32 Bludgeon still comes out on top. Of course, his is assisted by the Swordmasters synergy and the masteries. However, the fact that his Bludgeon is only R5, no forge levels and a somewhat low signiture levels I suspect and is still able to dish out 131K damage, 89K less than the screenshot you've shown of the 220K is certainly a more impressive feat ever being dealt by a player. I'm certain if his Bludgeon is maxed forge, maxed signiture, which will still be 8 times weaker in terms of ratings and base attack compared to A.M will be able to dish out as much damage or even more given the right circumstances but we all know that kind of damage is rare.
    edited May 2020
    Yes I agree that the 131k by Jay32’s bludgeon is great. The discussion here is not player bot vs ai bot. The example given above my initial post was an ai-controlled necro as AM boss. And the bludgeon hit was something that was so funny to see happen in the game, and since Jimmy-sab was sharing how AM necro destroyed his MV, I thought I’d share how AM bludgeon destroyed a full health prowl with one slash. It was something we were laughing at in alliance chat as it was such an overkill.

Anyway darmok asked for Attack rating of the AM bludgeon so I managed to get a shot of his stats.

0cfif3to07ta.jpeg

Yes it’s not a fair comparison to what we players can have. I can share stats of my bludgeon too for whatever it’s worth. Personally I’m not that into maxing out bots (in terms of forge and sig) unless I’m using it for AM.

jn8otms3lwxf.png
    Since the discussion was on necro and hot rod, I can see if I can screen shot necro’s stats later. Unfortunately hot rod is already down today, but I can get it next week. Figure not many players would get a chance to see bot stats at D100, so happy to share them if anyone is interested.
  • Faithz17 wrote: »
    Since the discussion was on necro and hot rod, I can see if I can screen shot necro’s stats later. Unfortunately hot rod is already down today, but I can get it next week. Figure not many players would get a chance to see bot stats at D100, so happy to share them if anyone is interested.

It would be helpful overall towards the Forged To Fight community if you could share some screenshots of bot statistics in D100 on Hot Rod, Necrotronus or any bots you'd think it would be relevant. Thank you for the generous offer.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    I don't even know what the topic of this discussion is anymore. Somewhere along the line, it got derailed into who knows what now.
  • FirebotFirebot Posts: 525
    I don't even know what the topic of this discussion is anymore. Somewhere along the line, it got derailed into who knows what now.

I've got a feeling its more like a total discussion of which, why, who, when, what and how of warrior bots
    f0o72qxhx5ko.jpeg

D100 necro stats. Still linked.
    edited May 2020

As @Firebot mentioned. The thread has evolved into a general discussion of warrior bots although it still somewhat connects overall to the main topic. Everything that's needed to be said about Hot Rod and Necrotronus has already been said by myself and many others. Unless someone brings up something new which hasn't been touched upon yet or new insights on either of the bots, the thread and the discussions will continue. Or perhaps it's time for this thread to fade away into existence. Whichever comes first. However it's been a delightful discussion amongst all of you here. I just hope this thread did serve it's purpose one way or another and that it benefited some people as it's always been my intent.
    fnjqy67s6cz7.jpeg

As promised.
  • MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 135
    *YIKES*

with 25,550 attack that's about 2 hits to KO most R5 5* bots?

Even blocking his SP1 will/almost kill ya?