Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

REQUIREMENTS guide.

Comments

• VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Yay a flag.

Me every time I get flagged XD

but @BlackRazak 's flag is uncalled for. B)
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Voltron wrote: »
    Yay a flag.

Me every time I get flagged XD

but @BlackRazak 's flag is uncalled for. B)

And you're saying mine is? (And someone flagged you)
  • Please keep this thread on topic to what BlackRazak intended it for.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited July 2019
    UPDATE:

v8.2.0 now suffering intermittent crashes when changing game modes, i.e. from Spotlight to Arenas.

Previously, Force-Close tells were flickering bots and extreme lag (SD430 moto e5 plus 8.1, SD625 moto ONE 9.0, SD626 moto z2 play 8.1, SD835 moto z2 force 8.1, SD630 moto x⁴ 9.0, MT6737 moto c plus 7.0, Helio P15 moto m 7.0), but now crashes occur during game loading screens, in between fights and will regularly decimate 25% of UNPLAYED chosen bot.

On devices with 2, 3GB RAM (c plus, e5); crashes occur sporadically MID FIGHT, after around 1hr+ of F2F play.

On higher resolution F2F (x⁴, z2 Force, z3, g7 plus, ONE Power, ONE Vision) overheating is now prevalent.

A soft reboot (especially on 2GB RAM devices) usually solves this, or on >3GB RAM devices a simple close program and restart of app; but boy, is the memory and cache leak annoying.

@Kabam Miike
    edited July 2019
    @Cheifloaded the SHARP IGZO's 120Hz screen doesn't play nice with the UNITY 3D engine, which is pegged between 24-60fps.

Though the SD835 (coupled with adreno 540) is still a brilliant SoC, Kabam's one size fits all (at least for Android, hardware detection by application packet is WILDLY inconsistent, e.g. F2F 8.2.0 plays hi res on a SD630, but not a 820 or ironically 632, 637; moto x⁴ vs xperia XZ2, g7 power, g7 plus, which are toting flagship/newer chipsets) approach, hence the community rumblings on switchable resolution.

Running vanilla Android usually makes the packet more likely to select appropriative resolution and GPU effects.
    Which is my moto devices (extremely vanilla, and without much system wide changes) tend to play F2F with little fuss.

I've gotten near (80%) iOS-like graphical effects on only a few Androids:
    1. Moto Z2 Force, SD835, 8.1.0
    2. Moto X⁴, SD630, 9.0
    3. Moto Z3, SD636, 9.0

I've tried SD8150 and SD845 devices with 12GB and 8GB RAM respectively, using a system tuner and overclock.
    Game DOESN'T EVEN START.
    Not compatible with your device.
    Also applies to MTK devices using a PowerVR GPU like the P35, despite the top shelf specs.

Hope this helps
    @BlackRazak thanks for the update. I thought it was just me.. game play has been horrible after this nem prime update.

Concur with the crashes..well it freezes for me when you go in and out of game modes. If I switch btwn too many modes, the game just stop taking inputs. The game animations still works but the game doesn't respond to any of my inputs. Most of the time, it's when I'm going back to the base screen.
    @BlackRazak thanks for the update. I thought it was just me.. game play has been horrible after this nem prime update.

Concur with the crashes..well it freezes for me when you go in and out of game modes. If I switch btwn too many modes, the game just stop taking inputs. The game animations still works but the game doesn't respond to any of my inputs. Most of the time, it's when I'm going back to the base screen.

@Voltron great to hear from you mate.

Slipped my mind what device/OS you're on, but there is noticable STUTTER, LAG, TOUCH INPUT from apk 8.2.0 (which 8.0 and 8.1.0 exhibited symptoms of an imminent crash, such as flickering, non-rotating faction symbols during load screen, etc) which leads to a FORCE CLOSE on various Qualcomm SoCs, of various RAM configurations.

Even 6GB RAM SD835 moto Z2 Force and 8GB RoG ASUS aren't immune to this.

I spoke too soon regarding MTK chipset.
    The venerable MT6737, P15, P23, X25, X27 are also suffering random FCs when overly active between modes.
    microSD Quick Start Guide

When buying a microSD to supplement your device's storage, Android 6.0-9.0 enables you to adopt said external storage, formatting it as INTERNAL MEMORY (of which will only work with said phone thereafter).

This enables budget phones, usually with less than 32GB internal storage, to add apps and games beyond the original internal flash size.

Choose wisely, there are a number of fake microSD online, so if it's too good to be true, it usually is.
    Go for the size you NEED (within manufacturer limits), not theoretically the largest available.

QSG:
    1. Well rated, reputable seller with warranty
    2. A1 class whenever possible;
    Or look for:
    >80Mb/s READ
    >30Mb/s WRITE
    UHS-1 or preferably U-3 (32GB is U1 tops, >64GB goes to U-3)
    3. Brands CERTIFIED and tested (following said parameters)
    - Sandisk
    - Mixza
    - Lexar
    - Kodak
    - Patriot
    - aData
    - Toshiba
    - Samsung

Note: F2F works best with A1 U3 95Mb/s Write, 45Mb/s Read.
    That's the sweet spot.
    edited July 2019
    CRITICAL UPDATE:

I can no longer recommend any Android device with less than 2GB RAM.

Moto C Plus (Android 7.0, MT6737, 2-16GB) and motorola e6 (Android 9.0, SD435, 2-16GB) exhibiting extreme LAG during AM, arenas and raids.
    FPS calculated at around 4-12.
    Fights won purely down to muscle memory.

New absolute BASIC REQUIREMENTS are:
    1. Apple iPhone 7 or equivalent (minimum A10 processor)
    2. Android; 3GB RAM with Mali T720 or Adreno 308. Core speed >1.2GHz, Android 7.0

Some older 6.0 Android devices with 3-4GB RAM are still fine, unless the combo is SD625+android 6 (03-region CN moto z play).

@Voltron great to hear from you mate.

Slipped my mind what device/OS you're on, but there is noticable STUTTER, LAG, TOUCH INPUT from apk 8.2.0 (which 8.0 and 8.1.0 exhibited symptoms of an imminent crash, such as flickering, non-rotating faction symbols during load screen, etc) which leads to a FORCE CLOSE on various Qualcomm SoCs, of various RAM configurations.

Even 6GB RAM SD835 moto Z2 Force and 8GB RoG ASUS aren't immune to this.

I spoke too soon regarding MTK chipset.
    The venerable MT6737, P15, P23, X25, X27 are also suffering random FCs when overly active between modes.

my main account is on S835... you can feel it when the game "sticks". phone also gets hot now after a good amount of play. alt is on 6S+ which I'm amazed I'm still able to use...for about one fight. LOL. I've made that phone barebones..just work and FTF apps and turn off any settings that hogged up resources (like animation) so that's probably why it still functions compared to other players that are using 6S+...but about 3 fights in, the phone is on fire and the lag kicks in full time. speed range mods stuff kills me.

even on my note 8, I've removed heavy resource hogging apps just so I can play this game. Twitter and Snapchat were two apps that holds a lot of cache and tend to restart in the background.
    Today's (08.01.2019) update has actually IMPROVED memory leak and cache R/W based on my hooking up a MT6755T Android 7.0 motherboard to Heat Dump Performance Monitor.

Optimization is somewhat stabilized

Keep it up Kabam. TQ.

2GB RAM devices now obsolete, so if issues like lag, FC, graphical artifact burn-in, etc pop up, please refrain from starting new threads.

Kabam, please please please post on PLAY and iTunes App Store that your minimum requirements for F2F 8.2.0 are
    1. iOS 11-current, >A10
    2. android 7.0-current, 3GB RAM, Mali/Adreno.

IT'S THAT SIMPLE.

To prevent community outrage due to false expectations. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Custos @Kabam Rimehaven
    Value Tier Phones that do F2F Well:

1. LG Stylo 5 (SD450, 3-32GB, android 9.0, 3500mAH)
    2. Moto g7 Play (SD632, 2-32GB, android 9.0, 3000mAH)

Given a choice, go for the Stylo 5 as it's RAM, battery and screen (6.2” vs 5.7") are superior. But the g7 displays higher res due to it's better processor and adreno 506.

Available on Metro (T-Mobile) for $0, if you're a new user.
    Update 8.2.1:

Multiple users on Qualcomm SD835, 845 Android 9.0 (Moto Z2 Force, Samsung Note 9) and SD625, 626, 632 (Moto G5S Plus, Android 8.1; Moto Z2 Play Android 9.0; Moto G7 Power, Android 9.0) reporting CRASHES frequently during AM loading screens, Raids, Arenas.

Causing lost health/death

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Pepper
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    edited August 2019
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Sorry for necro’ing this thread, I’m late to the party.

Just played TFTF on my IPhone 6+ today, iOS 12. The game is much slower and laggier, it pretty much freezes every 2 seconds. The worst thing is, the game literally crashes when I try to enter a Special Mission. The fights are much worse than before, too, it’s impossible to fight for more than 3 minutes without crashing.

There are problems with this iOS version outside of the game too, such as unresponsive controls, slower movements and freezes, so I’m quite sure it’s not Kabam’s fault this time.

Not sure what to do, any help will be appreciated
    my Ipad Air 2 was updated to iOS 12.4 last night while I was asleep. Not many things changed, the game’s lag frequency is still the same. So... Ipad Air > Iphones?
    Sorry for necro’ing this thread, I’m late to the party.

Just played TFTF on my IPhone 6+ today, iOS 12. The game is much slower and laggier, it pretty much freezes every 2 seconds. The worst thing is, the game literally crashes when I try to enter a Special Mission. The fights are much worse than before, too, it’s impossible to fight for more than 3 minutes without crashing.

There are problems with this iOS version outside of the game too, such as unresponsive controls, slower movements and freezes, so I’m quite sure it’s not Kabam’s fault this time.

Not sure what to do, any help will be appreciated
    my Ipad Air 2 was updated to iOS 12.4 last night while I was asleep. Not many things changed, the game’s lag frequency is still the same. So... Ipad Air > Iphones?

@Gunz0 iPad Air 2019?
    The A12 toting 2019 spec variant has 3GB RAM, plus the apple GPU should be fine.
    The Air, Air2 both have a PowerVR GPU that's increasingly no longer supported by both Apple and developers.

So Apple users:
    3 GB? ☑️
    Apple GPU ☑️
    iOS 12+ ☑️
  • lightningbaronlightningbaron Posts: 595
    edited August 2019
    Yay a flag.

Anyway, some have stated a non PowerVR GPU compatibility, to the point you CAN'T DOWNLOAD F2F from Play.
    This means caution when purchasing phones for f2f, namely MediaTek devices P22, P35, P90.

Nothing wrong per se, and my teammates using said SoCs can't get it to work with F2F on Android 9.0, despite working 100% with MCoC.

I'd actually appreciate clarification from @Kabam Miike regarding the PowerVR issue, as iOS pad 8, air 4, Pro 2 and iPhone 7 Plus are equipped with an older variant of said GPU.

Still no dice with UMIDIGI Power on P35, MCOC is fine, still seeing "Your device isn't compatible with this version."

@Kabam Vydious, any update on this by chance? This is related to discussion thread that MCOC is fine on the UMIDIGI Power, but can't get TFTF due to above message.
    edited August 2019
    UPDATE

Qualcomm SD625, 626, 630, 632 are pretty volatile at the moment.
    A switch from Arenas/AM/Spotlight to any other mode will usually cause F2F to FORCE CLOSE.
    On any of Android 7.0, 7.1.2, 8.0, 8.1.0, 9.0 with 3 or 4GB RAM, from multiple OEMs.

New tell-tale signs are DARK BACKGROUNDS, with minimal shading during fights (especially SD625, 626; Motorola ONE, moto g5s plus, moto Z2 Play).
    Also, crashes during RAID LOADING SCREENS have become frequent, almost expectedly so.

@Kabam Miike

PS - SD835, 845 no issues except increased battery consumption and slightly higher overheating.
    BlueStacks is HORRIBLE
    edited August 2019
    Dusted off a 2013
    Motorola DROID Ultra
    (Snapdragon S4 Pro - 1.7GHz Dual Core, Adreno 320; Android 4.4.4; 5.0" 720p AMOLED; 2GB RAM, 16GB; 2130mAH)
    ... and to my amusement, WORKS JUST FINE!

Slightly long loading screen, but actual gameplay is top notch, no input lag, freezing, FPS issues, crashes (during fights) and did a FOG mission, AM and arenas without a hitch.

So there goes "phone/device/processor is too OLD to handle F2F".
    It may have not matched the iPhone 8 or Moto Z2 Force, but it's amazing how well it played.

If you need a secondary device for F2F, and have a VZW Droid Ultra/Mini/Maxx; this is exceedingly sufficient.

EDIT: Strangely, the Droid Ultra's successor, the Droid Turbo (SD805; same as Nexus 6) CAN'T play the game; Force Closes immediately after choosing a fight.
    And the SD810 powered Droid Turbo 2 crashes like nuts.
    WEIRD.
    UPDATE

REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY Post 8.1.3 update (android)

1. Android 4.4-9.0
    2. Mali GPU >330MHz
    3. Quad-core >1.2GHz
    4. ≥3GB RAM.
    5. 1.5GB FREE internal memory
    6. Preferably ≥3000mAH battery
    Top Budget Androids (UPDATE Oct 2019:

$120 (RoW)
    motorola ONE macro
    MediaTek P60 (Mali G72 GPU 800MHz)
    4-64GB
    6.3" 720p+
    4000mAH

$190 (RoW)
    motorola g8 plus
    Snapdragon 665 (adreno 610 GPU 800MHz)
    4-64GB
    6.3" 1080p+
    3500mAH
    edited November 2019
    Rest of World (RoW) Users:

If you come across
    https://h5.aliexpress.com/item/32817789477.html?spm=a2g0n.seo-amp-detail.moreToLove.32817789477
    Motorola M
    (P15, 4-32GB, Android 7.0)
    for anything under $100, go for it.

This device remains absolutely terrific for Forged to Fight.

Still no sign of crashes, freeze, lag, overheating, etc.
    Fast loading times.
    No input lag.

In terms of (F2F) reliability, best device across all OS' and OEMs I've ever used.
    LEGEND.
    Haven't updated this in awhile.
    Apologies.

Today, I'd like to recommend some microSD cards that work exceptionally well as formatted internal memory on android 6.0+ thus handle F2F superbly (and other apps that need fast, A1 UHS-3 R/W performance.

1. Lexar 633X A1
    2. Adata Premier Pro
    3. SP (Silicon Power) Superior
    4. Transcend High Performance

These are slightly less known compared to Samsung EVO, Sony and Sandisk Extreme; but offer similar test results and can usually be found at a discount.

My own practice is to not exceed 128GB unless completely necessary.

Happy hunting, commanders!
    edited February 2020
    Commanders,

Seeing as there are plenty of devices on a multitude of SoCs, I'll list a monthly recommended processor list.

When buying a device, as long as it has the following System-on-Chip, you're golden.

SoC 2020Q1

1. MediaTek P70 (MT6771T)
    2. MediaTek G90/G90T
    3. UniSoc Tiger T310
    4. Qualcomm SD632
    5. Qualcomm SD637
    6. Qualcomm SD675
    7. Qualcomm SD665
    8. Qualcomm SD835
    9. Qualcomm SD845
    10. Qualcomm SD855
    11. Apple A11X
    12. Apple A12

Note: Others that are still functional include Apple A10 (overheats), MediaTek MT6737, 6755, 6580; Qualcomm SD 430, 626 (crash, sporadic lag), 630; Spreadtrum SC9860g, Rockchip RK3399.

Be advised i can no longer recommend Apple A10-Fusion (iPhone 7, 7+) or any HiSilicon Kirin, nor most Exynos or anything involving PowerVR GPU.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
    I'd like to reiterate that Qualcomm SD6xx devices are suffering MAJOR CRASH ISSUES, particularly 625, 626, 632, 636 despite being fairly new phones with minimal BG processes.

F2F is now almost unplayable on multiple mid-range Androids, with crash frequency at between 3-5 times HOURLY.
    Being mid-range i can imagine this could be a fair chunk of your player-base.
    Crashes during raids, arenas, missions.
    Before, after, during fights.
    Also take note, motorola devices are near plain vanilla droids with minimal additional resource hogs, so these issues are exacerbated on Androids with skins, or the likes of EMUI, TouchWiz, ColorOS, etc.

I've sent associated system logs to the developers, FYI.

Here are the MOST affected handsets.
    - moto g5s plus, SD625, Android 8.1
    - moto ONE, SD625, 9.0
    - moto z2 play, SD626, 8.1
    - moto g7 power, SD632, 9.0
    - moto z3 play, SD636, 9.0

PS - I've attempted combos of soft reboot, saved CACHE as PHONE STORAGE, factory reset, BG processes killed, etc.

PPS - As stated previously, MediaTek devices on Android 7.0-9.0 suffer NO SUCH ISSUES.
    (moto c plus, MT6737, 7.0; moto m, MT6755T, 7.0; moto ONE macro, MT6771T, 9.0)
  • Got a player in my alliance who is experiencing difficulty with lags and crashes. Especially during alliance missions. They are using a Samsung galaxy S10 plus. They say they have tried everything. I’m trying to help them out. @BlackRazak
    DinoTrons wrote: »
    Got a player in my alliance who is experiencing difficulty with lags and crashes. Especially during alliance missions. They are using a Samsung galaxy S10 plus. They say they have tried everything. I’m trying to help them out. @BlackRazak

@DinoTrons exynos 9820 or SM8150 model, mate?

If it's the exynos unit, I'm afraid i can't help as those SoCs, alongside Hisilicon Kirin; REALLY don't play nice with F2F.

If it's the latter, go to apps<Forged to Fight<Storage<Set as INTERNAL.

it'll still crash and lag, but nowhere near as frequently. SD855 (SM8150) are fantastic processors for F2F but are hobbled by Samsung's proprietary skins.
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    DinoTrons wrote: »
    Got a player in my alliance who is experiencing difficulty with lags and crashes. Especially during alliance missions. They are using a Samsung galaxy S10 plus. They say they have tried everything. I’m trying to help them out. @BlackRazak

@DinoTrons exynos 9820 or SM8150 model, mate?

If it's the exynos unit, I'm afraid i can't help as those SoCs, alongside Hisilicon Kirin; REALLY don't play nice with F2F.

If it's the latter, go to apps<Forged to Fight<Storage<Set as INTERNAL.

it'll still crash and lag, but nowhere near as frequently. SD855 (SM8150) are fantastic processors for F2F but are hobbled by Samsung's proprietary skins.

Thank you @BlackRazak . I will pass this information on to my friend. Thank you again sir
    edited February 2020
    Ugh
    Have to compile a WARNING and AVOID AT ALL COSTS list, seeing as multiple system log and crash reports tend to go unanswered.

1. SD425, 430, 450: sporadic FORCE CLOSE (CRASH) preceded by flickering assets.
    2. SD625, 626: frequent CRASHES, FREEZES, LAG, HITCH. AVOID
    3. SD630, 632, 636: Random crashes, albeit infrequently.
    4. SD675, 710: Glitchy graphics, infrequent FC.
    5. SD835, 8150: Best bet for trouble-free Android play.
    6. SD845: overheating under heavy load.
    7. MT6737M, 6738, 6739: now affected by input latency and lag.
    8. Apple A10X: deprecated. AVOID.
    9. Apple A11 Bionic: now showing signs of overheating, crashes under load
    10. Apple A12, A13: now only 100% certified F2F devices on this OS. So best bet starts at the XS or alternatively XR.

EDIT: F2F plays best at 18:9 ratio, no matter screen size or dpi count.
    Less instances of input lag or random SP accidents. And this goes for any SoC.