Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Would you be in favour of this idea of a Megatronus rebalance?

Comments

• Options
    Sounds good!
    So isn’t the real problem the lack of a true challenge? Basically what everyone is saying is that tronus makes every single fight easy and hence rework all his mechanics. Your issues with tronus are utterly ridiculous. If u feel that tronus makes every fight easy, simple solution. Don’t use him, try other bots and experiment with other squad builds, give other less popular bots like hound a shot. Let people who like using tronus continue using him and liking him for what he can do. So what if tronus wins easily? How does one winning easily with tronus affect u in any way, shape or form? There isn’t a PvP ranked system that constantly warrants regular balance changes . Looking at the current state of the game, instead of complaining about people winning easily with tronus, complain about the lack of challenging content.

Your comment really moved me on this...

Why waste time on nerfing good bots when you can power up bad bots?
    (BTW Hi Noobest XD)
  • Options
    BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
    edited October 2019
    Sounds good!
    So isn’t the real problem the lack of a true challenge? Basically what everyone is saying is that tronus makes every single fight easy and hence rework all his mechanics. Your issues with tronus are utterly ridiculous. If u feel that tronus makes every fight easy, simple solution. Don’t use him, try other bots and experiment with other squad builds, give other less popular bots like hound a shot. Let people who like using tronus continue using him and liking him for what he can do. So what if tronus wins easily? How does one winning easily with tronus affect u in any way, shape or form? There isn’t a PvP ranked system that constantly warrants regular balance changes . Looking at the current state of the game, instead of complaining about people winning easily with tronus, complain about the lack of challenging content.

The balance of the game's bots.. It's not about the players who can't win with other bots just an overpowered one.. It's the balance of the game..

Your ( and the others who are defending Tronus) reason is subjective... I am talking objective thing.. I don't care about you or other players who using an OBVIOUSLY overpowered bot.. Do what you want, use him if you can't complete master or RoK or anything without him.. or having hard times in other game modes.. It's not the point.. the point is there are bots with a few abilities what mostly revolving around one or two thing about the bots characteristic mostly according to his/her class.

Magnus: Armor, resist.. anything that makes him tanky.. and because he is a tactician, he's got armor break
    Grimlock: high health pool "defended" by his purification skill from dot.. and burn because the original character can do it
    Ramjet: Burn... stun with burn, stun and burn with his specials.. decreased stun time on himself with signature..

Etc.....

Tronus: Health regen, power leak (wich mainly a tech thing), dark burn, taken dmg limitation, self dmg buff (mainly a brawler thing), armor break ,(mainly tactician thing) passive power gain, sp1 and sp2 are usable for any distance (so after 1-2 ranged hits your hits are guaranteed), lock any of the enemies ability triggering, immortality in the last 10% health.

It's not about the players (lack of) skill, It's about a character who breaks the game. It's not a big deal, in other games if there are a too powerful character, car, weapon or anything else..the devs usually balancing it. Why is this a big problem in here? 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Sounds good!
    Beastdad wrote: »
    Your issues with tronus are utterly ridiculous.

There isn’t a PvP ranked system that constantly warrants regular balance changes . Looking at the current state of the game, instead of complaining about people winning easily with tronus, complain about the lack of challenging content.

Your common sense is awfully strong for a 1 post noob...

Except that he isn't a noob
    t17rrae8qabd.jpg
  • Options
    Sounds good!
    I meant to put no, damn it.
  • Options
    iBKiBK Posts: 200

Your argument... is logical. Sometimes I forget that this game is not primarily multiplayer and that there's no real harm in allowing people to have fun beating the game with ease and that there's also a choice to not use him. View changed, I guess.
  • Options
    TheBeastInsideTheBeastInside Posts: 429
    edited October 2019
    I won't vote as I don't like this poll, but what I can tell is that I play this game from day 1 and am still as bad with Tronus as with any other bot.

Edit : oh, and , yeah, the bot that needs a nerf cause he's overpowered is the tech shark
  • Options
    Nah, I’m alright.

The balance of the game's bots.. It's not about the players who can't win with other bots just an overpowered one.. It's the balance of the game..

Your ( and the others who are defending Tronus) reason is subjective... I am talking objective thing.. I don't care about you or other players who using an OBVIOUSLY overpowered bot.. Do what you want, use him if you can't complete master or RoK or anything without him.. or having hard times in other game modes.. It's not the point.. the point is there are bots with a few abilities what mostly revolving around one or two thing about the bots characteristic mostly according to his/her class.

Magnus: Armor, resist.. anything that makes him tanky.. and because he is a tactician, he's got armor break
    Grimlock: high health pool "defended" by his purification skill from dot.. and burn because the original character can do it
    Ramjet: Burn... stun with burn, stun and burn with his specials.. decreased stun time on himself with signature..

Etc.....

Tronus: Health regen, power leak (wich mainly a tech thing), dark burn, taken dmg limitation, self dmg buff (mainly a brawler thing), armor break ,(mainly tactician thing) passive power gain, sp1 and sp2 are usable for any distance (so after 1-2 ranged hits your hits are guaranteed), lock any of the enemies ability triggering, immortality in the last 10% health.

It's not about the players (lack of) skill, It's about a character who breaks the game. It's not a big deal, in other games if there are a too powerful character, car, weapon or anything else..the devs usually balancing it. Why is this a big problem in here? 🤷‍♂️

I’d like you to take a deep breath, take a slow calm walk, then reread my comment, because your brain is obviously still buffering and your mental gears need intense oiling. I never said anything about u being unable to win with other bots. If you are unable to win with other bots, spend more time experimenting with them.
    As I said earlier, there is no player versus player (gna spell this out whole for u so ur tiny brain can understand what I mean) game mode. So, others using an overpowered bot has no effect on you whatsoever, so the game does not require any form of rebalance like other games such as LOL, DOTA or even something as simple as Hearthstone.

As for your issue with the flexibility of megatronus, I can easily compare that with OgMegatron. He has armour break(tact stuff), attack debuff(brawler thing), shock(tech thing) and the ability to permanently fuse one of every one of those things on the enemy along with buff steal(nullify and gain that ability in simpler terms). And anyone who has taken advantage of the buff steal can confirm with me that that ability alone can win games very very easily. So is ogm overpowered? Why isn’t anyone complaining about ogm?
    All in all, ur one of those babies who can’t defeat megatronus on a regular basis and hence complaining about his many useful abilities. I suggest u learn his fight patterns, abilities, how to dodge his specials, and how to play around his abilities to your advantage, rather than finding reasons to get a bot nerf from him.
  • Options
    MirageMirage Posts: 33
    edited October 2019
    Scorponok, overpowered?
    If so , must nerf before becoming bot of the month.
    Reduce his Backfire time and reduce his his debuff after Backfire.
  • Options
    Nah, I’m alright.

Etc.....

I’d like you to take a deep breath, take a slow calm walk, then reread my comment, because your brain is obviously still buffering and your mental gears need intense oiling. I never said anything about u being unable to win with other bots. If you are unable to win with other bots, spend more time experimenting with them.
    As I said earlier, there is no player versus player (gna spell this out whole for u so ur tiny brain can understand what I mean) game mode. So, others using an overpowered bot has no effect on you whatsoever, so the game does not require any form of rebalance like other games such as LOL, DOTA or even something as simple as Hearthstone.

As for your issue with the flexibility of megatronus, I can easily compare that with OgMegatron. He has armour break(tact stuff), attack debuff(brawler thing), shock(tech thing) and the ability to permanently fuse one of every one of those things on the enemy along with buff steal(nullify and gain that ability in simpler terms). And anyone who has taken advantage of the buff steal can confirm with me that that ability alone can win games very very easily. So is ogm overpowered? Why isn’t anyone complaining about ogm?
    All in all, ur one of those babies who can’t defeat megatronus on a regular basis and hence complaining about his many useful abilities. I suggest u learn his fight patterns, abilities, how to dodge his specials, and how to play around his abilities to your advantage, rather than finding reasons to get a bot nerf from him.

To add on, I do agree that tronus is strong for his class. After all, it is perfectly normal for every game to have certain characters of a higher power level, and some of a lower power level. Very rarely do u ever see a game where every character have similar power levels and abilities. Because it’s something called diversity, and games usually have that to make it interesting. If one has trouble winning, use a stronger bot to help, if stuff is too easy for u, be bold and try new sets of synergies and bots competitively, find ways to abuse abilities of others to your benefit. Because it’s a game, and everyone likes to have fun in their own way.
  • Options
    MirageMirage Posts: 33
    I think Megatronus is intentionally created to be overpowerd, but we can handle this bot.

Personally, I just hate to see everyone will use Tronus. I like diversity.
  • Options
    DreamBlissDreamBliss Posts: 107
    edited October 2019
    Nah, I’m alright.
    If someone has a 5* Megatronus and the game is too easy, then all they have to do is stop using him. Choose a maxed out 3* bot if they want a real challenge or something.

I have a maxed out 4* awakened Megatronus, and without him, the game would be unplayable for me. Currently he sits at the head of my base on defense, to discourage all but the ninja players from raiding me.

But every once and a while I take him on a raid, when the game refuses to give me a base under 20k I can defeat. I also use him as backup when completing the T3 daily and harder missions.

Because of the way I play the game, I need his power to help me defeat bots I can not otherwise defeat. The game is already a dead-end for me in certain areas. It was even worse before I got him.

So I vote that he is left alone. But I would suggest, as a compromise, we get a Tech fighter Autobot that is at least as powerful as Megatonus. A way to counter him as it were. That would be the best solution I think.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Sounds good!
    DreamBliss wrote: »
    If someone has a 5* Megatronus and the game is too easy, then all they have to do is stop using him. Choose a maxed out 3* bot if they want a real challenge or something.

I have a maxed out 4* awakened Megatronus, and without him, the game would be unplayable for me. Currently he sits at the head of my base on defense, to discourage all but the ninja players from raiding me.

But every once and a while I take him on a raid, when the game refuses to give me a base under 20k I can defeat. I also use him as backup when completing the T3 daily and harder missions.

Because of the way I play the game, I need his power to help me defeat bots I can not otherwise defeat. The game is already a dead-end for me in certain areas. It was even worse before I got him.

So I vote that he is left alone. But I would suggest, as a compromise, we get a Tech fighter Autobot that is at least as powerful as Megatonus. A way to counter him as it were. That would be the best solution I think.

And for counter an overpowered tech we need an OP scout.. and for him a warrior.. and then a demo.. and then a tact

So from now, give us OP bots and/or crank up any older/weaker bots abilities to Tronus.. and not just adjust one bot to match the others
  • Options
    Hbomb76Hbomb76 Posts: 101
    Nah, I’m alright.
    Like I have said before, Megatronus is only good as a 5* or with lots of mods on.
    He's normally soooo slow & scouts eat him for breakfast.
  • Options
    Hbomb76 wrote: »
    Like I have said before, Megatronus is only good as a 5* or with lots of mods on.
    He's normally soooo slow & scouts eat him for breakfast.
    Respectfully disagree. Even at D60 at least a third of us still opt to use a 4* Megatronus
    rather than an R4 5* as he’s just superior. I also don’t see why you think scouts are so good against him, I personally have no trouble against any of them aside from Cheetor with some nasty mods.

• Options
    I don't understand why is there so much debate on Tronous!! If you have him already, then just consider him as yet another bot in your roster. If you don't have him, then no issues because you are still rocking the game!
  • Options
    magnusprime777magnusprime777 Posts: 326
    edited October 2019
    I really don’t like getting beat up by Megatronus, but we can’t forget that he is one of the strongest Transformers known to Cybertron
    71w2jsq544h5.jpeg
    A transformer this powerful shouldn’t have any power taken away in game
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Sounds good!

I really don’t like getting beat up by Megatronus, but we can’t forget that he is one of the strongest Transformers known to Cybertron
    71w2jsq544h5.jpeg
    A transformer this powerful shouldn’t have any power taken away in game

Optimus is way much stronger than all of the autobots because he is a prime (maybe Grimlock can stand toe to toe) .. So he could be much stronger than the other autobots? Or MV should easily kill a Grindor-Staracream and RotF Megatron in a tag team battle? 3v1?

The game shouldn't follow the original characters power lvl because It's a fighting game.. this is not balanced if Tronus is playable in his current state
  • Options
    Sounds good!
    Everyone who voted yes are truly evil. I meant to put no though. Why would nerfing tronus help? Just because some people complain about robotronus and such, doesn't mean he needs to be nerfed. Find some bloody counters. We have SHOCKWAVE, KICKBACK, etc. Also, tronus SHOULD be powerful. He's a bloody prime, one of the 13 originals, so of COURSE he would be powerful. Stop complaining. There is nothing wrong with him.
  • Options
    JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    There’s 2 critical perspectives for this topic:

1. Impact of Tronus compared to other bots and game modes.

2. Impact of “reducing” the value of a game commodity that was hard earned/paid for.

Unless you can find solutions for both, there is nothing that should be done.

• Options
    Everyone who voted yes are truly evil. I meant to put no though. Why would nerfing tronus help? Just because some people complain about robotronus and such, doesn't mean he needs to be nerfed. Find some bloody counters. We have SHOCKWAVE, KICKBACK, etc. Also, tronus SHOULD be powerful. He's a bloody prime, one of the 13 originals, so of COURSE he would be powerful. Stop complaining. There is nothing wrong with him.

Next time, please read through what I've said before slagging me off.
    I never complained about him being difficult to beat as I've already said previously, because he's not.
    Even though I concede that he shouldn't be changed, your reasoning is flawed. Canon and realism should not take priority over game balance.
  • Options
    JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    iBK wrote: »

I never complained about him being difficult to beat as I've already said previously, because he's not.
    Even though I concede that he shouldn't be changed, your reasoning is flawed. Canon and realism should not take priority over game balance.

Glad you spoke up here. While I believe nothing should be done with Tronus as a bot, I think your proposal is the most balanced should Kabam ever nerf him again.
  • Options
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Sounds good!
    I think the changes would be fine
    But one thing , keep the power steal on sp1 as is because tronus already takes longer to gain power than the rest of the bots.

Also about the sp3 life steal is good imo
    Sp2 life steal was just like a safety cushion for most of us , because people will 100% go for sp3 everytime

Besides dont get hit more often if you feel like tronus should steal life on sp2 , wait for sp3 .
  • Options
    Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Mirage wrote: »
    Scorponok, overpowered?

You shut your damn mouth!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Sounds good!
    Scorponok, overpowered?

[Removed by Mod]

This is a tronus thread. So yea for reals shut up about any other bot.
    🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Slayer wrote: »
    Scorponok, overpowered?

No need to be rude human.
    It shows yours :) you fat gamer.
    some people agree with me outside this forum. that s why I brought up.
    and I ask with question if not just reply something. or just ignore.
    Behave yourself.
    To the forum team please do something to him wahaha.
    I dont shut my mouth I cant.

🤷‍♂️

It was a failed attempt at humor. But for real, nobody touches scorp and lives to tell about it.

sog56bbaxsfe.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Sounds good!
    Slayer wrote: »
    Scorponok, overpowered?

No need to be rude human.
    It shows yours :) you fat gamer.
    some people agree with me outside this forum. that s why I brought up.
    and I ask with question if not just reply something. or just ignore.
    Behave yourself.
    To the forum team please do something to him wahaha.
    I dont shut my mouth I cant.

🤷‍♂️

It was a failed attempt at humor. But for real, nobody touches scorp and lives to tell about it.

sog56bbaxsfe.gif

Yes i understand lol
    Besides i also dont want scorponok to be nerfed cus he's the best warrior out there.

Edit:- yes it was my intention to trigger the people who love Bonecrusher.
  • Options
    Tronus is Tronus , he is good as he is.
    As a super bot , he was brought in too soon to the game, but he is already 😋
    I don't have him, just waiting the day @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious announce the way to get him 😎
    Will he be in store for December @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious ? 🙄🤔
  • Options
    OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited October 2019
    Sounds good!

iBK wrote: »

Perhaps. But why wouldn't MEGATRONUS be strong? I mean, we have hound here but tronus shouldn't be nerfed just because some say "He is too powerful." The bot is reliable with healing, does good damage for a demo (IH specials are better), and can power drain while at the same time gain power. Hes fine the way he is. If he does get nerfed, i at least have some people i can point at.
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I like Tronus as is. He's supposed to be a GOD. God's aren't easy to beat. We're lucky we have a counter to him that isn't a Prime with the Requiem Blaster.
    As for me, he has good power, reliable healing, and a solid playstyle. I like a solid bot with a ranged heavy.