Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Opened a hallowed crystal got this lucky dude

Comments

• At level 20
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    edited November 2019
    S W E E T !
  • iBKiBK Posts: 200
    Beastdad wrote: »
    Another case of good luck. Almost makes me want to open my 10, but I know better.

Why does it matter when you open them? At the end of the day, the 1.5% chance to pull a 5* is going to be the same regardless whether you open 1 or 100.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    iBK wrote: »
    Another case of good luck. Almost makes me want to open my 10, but I know better.

Why does it matter when you open them? At the end of the day, the 1.5% chance to pull a 5* is going to be the same regardless whether you open 1 or 100.

It matters because this particular game has shown over and over opening these crystals in groups is better.

That depends how you look at the process. If you think "open 10 at once" is equal to "open 1 at once" with the focus on "once", then yes, opening more at once is better.
  • FURYFURY Posts: 12
    I was going to use my last awakening program on ironhide but I think nemesis will get it now
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    I would simply because hes hard to obtain right now. Ironhide is in the basic pool lol.
  • So THAT is the secret? Save up my Hallowed Crystals and open a group at once? How come this doesn't work with the Premium Bot Crystal? All I ever get when opening groups of these, or opening them in any other way, are 2* and 3* bots. And if it is slowing down, about to land on a 4* or anything good. it ALWAYS moves over to the worst bot next door. Or it slams the brakes on the worst bot before sliding over to a 4*. I really wish Kabam would make it work consistently, so there is some fairness to it!
  • DreamBliss wrote: »
    So THAT is the secret? Save up my Hallowed Crystals and open a group at once? How come this doesn't work with the Premium Bot Crystal? All I ever get when opening groups of these, or opening them in any other way, are 2* and 3* bots. And if it is slowing down, about to land on a 4* or anything good. it ALWAYS moves over to the worst bot next door. Or it slams the brakes on the worst bot before sliding over to a 4*. I really wish Kabam would make it work consistently, so there is some fairness to it!

Do we really need to go back into discussing bot crystal opening conspiracies?
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    edited November 2019
    Opened 10 and got one 4s and nine 3s. Never fails to disappoint me. c5l4a2h92v5i.png
  • FURYFURY Posts: 12
    Just to let you guys know I opened 4 hallowed crystals at a time. I usually let them spin out. That’s how I got nemesis prime.
  • DeathkightDeathkight Posts: 39
    edited November 2019
    Managed to just get him. wp5zwb3urd8i.png
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    edited November 2019
    I have been opening mine as i get them, 2 4* ratchet and a windblade dupe(putting sig level at 86) and the rest have been 3*....... i want a nemesis prime in any tier..... have yet to pull one.... wondering what the special combination is to get one!!
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Nothing but 4*s & 3*s for this guy... Loosing hope
    iBK wrote: »

It matters because this particular game has shown over and over opening these crystals in groups is better.

No it doesn't. End of. You can open one crystal and get a 5* like some people have posted, or open 14 and get 0 as I did.
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    Opened 10 and got one 4s and nine 3s. Never fails to disappoint me. c5l4a2h92v5i.png

Still some free shards! Haven't gotten anything too good yet but I'm already satisfied
  • I opened 3 at once...got this dude
    r9gnry7vpw4m.jpg
  • M00NM00N Posts: 30
    I didn't get any 5*, SO FAR, but I got a 4* Nemesis Prime, and honestly I'm fine with it.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    M00N wrote: »
    I didn't get any 5*, SO FAR, but I got a 4* Nemesis Prime, and honestly I'm fine with it.

The odds of the 5*s are low and we all know that.
    But DAMN I would like 1 at least
  • DreamBlissDreamBliss Posts: 107
    edited November 2019
    It seems to me that opening in groups of 10 or so increases your chances of getting something good with certain crystals. Case in point... Arena Crystals. I learned a LONG time ago that opening these singularly rarely gets me Energon. But almost always, when I open in groups of 10, I get anywhere from 8-40 Energon.

I don't know how or why it works as it does, but it does, at least for now. For some crystals, opening in stacks increases your chances of getting good stuff. For others, like the so-called Premium Bot Crystals, it doesn't do anything.

There IS a way that pulling items from crystals is weighted towards the lower end or tier items. I have seen this again and again. I often see the behavior I described - the spin doesn't stay the same speed and act the same way at all times. It can slow down, stop suddenly, or drift over more than usual.

And certain crystals, like the Premium Bot Crystals, always tend to give low 2* and 3* bots. In fact I can say with some confidence that ANY crystal that offers a range of bots from 2* up will tend towards giving 2*, and like the Premium Bot Crystals, your odds of getting something good does not increase with opening them in stacks.

Not sure if allowing crystals to spin or timing your click right when it turns yellow or any other trick works better or worse. No consistent data on that yet.
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    I had given up on the Halloween crystals having got all 3s. But finally I got to awaken my IH. Totally unexpected.
    xtngvxk198ap.jpeg

lucky sunavabi...
    nice one. I'm not jealous at all. Nope. Not one bit.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    edited November 2019
    DreamBliss wrote: »
    It seems to me that opening in groups of 10 or so increases your chances of getting something good with certain crystals. Case in point... Arena Crystals. I learned a LONG time ago that opening these singularly rarely gets me Energon. But almost always, when I open in groups of 10, I get anywhere from 8-40 Energon.

I don't know how or why it works as it does, but it does, at least for now. For some crystals, opening in stacks increases your chances of getting good stuff. For others, like the so-called Premium Bot Crystals, it doesn't do anything.

There IS a way that pulling items from crystals is weighted towards the lower end or tier items. I have seen this again and again. I often see the behavior I described - the spin doesn't stay the same speed and act the same way at all times. It can slow down, stop suddenly, or drift over more than usual.

And certain crystals, like the Premium Bot Crystals, always tend to give low 2* and 3* bots. In fact I can say with some confidence that ANY crystal that offers a range of bots from 2* up will tend towards giving 2*, and like the Premium Bot Crystals, your odds of getting something good does not increase with opening them in stacks.

Not sure if allowing crystals to spin or timing your click right when it turns yellow or any other trick works better or worse. No consistent data on that yet.

It doesnt matter if you open 1 or 10 or 100 at once. The difference is your perception that opening more than 1 made a difference but in reality each crystal is its own event and has no bearing on the other 9.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Awesome 5* pulls guys congrats, I got the 5* Mix daddy lol 😂
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Congrats @Xeuse that’s a very lucky pull & congrats for everyone who got nemesis or any other 5*.
    I am still holding on my crystals till the end of the event.
    rvpwnmoh9j4r.png
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I thought I got lucky with 2 4* Nemesis Primes in a row
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    edited November 2019
    :'(
    wo2v9cysynxq.jpeg
    Add this to that:
    oz3cmt5hi5xg.jpeg
    80 crystals with a chance of nemesis yet didn’t get him as a 4* or any other 5* bot.