Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Turn off right-side dodging!!!!

So far, I have taken way more damage from accidentally dodging when I'm trying to punch than from all special attacks put together. Dodging is defensive, and already done on the left side, so there's no reason that tapping the screen on the right should make my character side step. It is amazingly frustrating.

Obviously, there's probably already someone out there thrilled with accidentally switching between punch and sidestep, but it should be super easy to make everyone happy... just make disabling that function something we can do from the settings menu. This game would be so much more fun if I wasn't constantly cursing at Sideswipe for stopping to sidestep mid-combo.

Comments

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited April 2017
    Maybe post your device and info here because I've played since December and never experienced this.

So could be related and they can test and verify
  • JitJit Posts: 32
    Never had this issue either.
  • Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    Yours it's a very strange situation. Nobody here has experienced this before.
  • I have it as well but I use a iPhone 6...by swiping on the right you could either medium attack or dodge...50-50 chance
    I use 6s Plus... just out of curiosity have u guys played mcoc or similar before? Maybe I'm just use to it from years playing but only issues I have related to tapping is getting locked into range attacks instead of 2 range and dash
  • Yes I played mcoc and I evaded all the time....my hands are a bit large do when I evade now it either dodges or evade and medium hits either hit or dodge... Guess it's time for a phone upgrade lol
  • I experienced this too, although I was under the impression that medium attack did a lunging dash anyway from far range as a way to close the gap in fighting, and it allowed for quicker side-stepping. I have large hands, too, and am playing on a small Android screen, so I feel your pain, but I think that's precisely why I think this was implemented..
    Reason I asked about mcoc right side dodging is there and intergral to the game for some like fighting cyclops for instance I block on left and swipe on right to dodge his beams worst case I eat the beams in block if I don't evade
  • I personally hate the dodge mechanic. Makes me really wish this game were on console because they could do so much more with it, but on a touch screen, dodging and evading seems really bad. It's worse that the computer can apparently do it to an inhuman level of accuracy, considering the input device, of course. Again, if it were on console and I could use a controller, I'd be able to block and evade all the same, but part of me really does feel like the controls do hold the game back from truly being as spectacular as it could be, and I've been thinking of what a Capcom-esque or MvC-esque TF game could possibly look like by comparison.
  • Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    Arcee_1321 wrote: »
    I personally hate the dodge mechanic. Makes me really wish this game were on console because they could do so much more with it, but on a touch screen, dodging and evading seems really bad. It's worse that the computer can apparently do it to an inhuman level of accuracy, considering the input device, of course. Again, if it were on console and I could use a controller, I'd be able to block and evade all the same, but part of me really does feel like the controls do hold the game back from truly being as spectacular as it could be, and I've been thinking of what a Capcom-esque or MvC-esque TF game could possibly look like by comparison.

Man, if they would be able to bring Forged to Fight an nWay PR: Legacy Wars on console it'd be freakin awesome. Both games have their potential wasted on mobile, IMO
  • LodrilLodril Posts: 3
    I'm using an iPad Air 2. It has a case (the Belkin QODE), but that does not touch or overlays the screen, and there is no screen cover.

I have played MCUC quite a bit, and it would occasionally backstep based on right side input, but on FTF it's more like every fifth input or so? It's not consistent.

In FTF I don't usually get a sidestep on medium attacks, but the light attack taps are what frequently get translated as sidesteps. I am not tapping near the middle of the screen, and the iPad is usually on my lap when I play, so there's no chance input is accidentally coming from my other hand.
  • JazzJazz Posts: 8
    edited April 2017
    I'm getting this too sometimes. Playing on a samsung s6. Usually when i'm making quick light tap attacks, as the OP mentioned. Never noticed it on MCOC.
  • daniduccidaniducci Posts: 4
    edited May 2017
    I have consistent problem with the controls on my Galaxy s6 Edge. I've had many cases of right tapping resulting in dashing backwards or sidestepping. I also have constant problems with left swiping up or down doing absolutely nothing (multiple swipes, 3 or more, before anything happens, and even then the result is sometimes standing still like an idiot). In fact, attempting to side step is more likely to charge than side step. And the charge consistently stops short, sometimes only halfway to the opponent (without the opponent dodging), leaving my moron bot flailing helplessly at the air while I try to get him to retreat so his attack series resets. The controls are horribly buggy. I play MCoC constantly, and while it has some issues as well (especially the last couple months), I don't have nearly the problems with the fight controls there as here.