Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

A Very Generic Bot Versus Bot Thread.

The title says all folks. I'm just attempting to do a personal tier list and it's taking way too long for some reason for something that will definitely be irrelevant to my life in the future by hey. I have to satisfy my O.C.D.

So with all that said and done, who would you consider to be the better brawler bot overall and state your reasons why between Tantrum, Thundercracker and Optimus Prime. Thanks in advance.

A Very Generic Bot Versus Bot Thread. 35 votes

Tantrum
28%
DrShotgunBlack_ThoughtMr_WonderfulBntyhntr3232_Scarlett_KnightbillygovolsEeveeGavinTechnobotKittenDragma 10 votes
Thundercracker
25%
Gunz0Tracked_SignalB_KassPeasSlayerHijacker2531Primerprime5Decimus234Smokescreenbot 9 votes
Optimus Prime (MV1)
45%
GJonesSilent_AssassinBiomechron1121893JIMMY_SABShinokaizokuBonesetterHUNScarredArachnid333OptimalOptimus_MV1Sycko5VanjieBaRdYaAmNiBKFirebotMystaJaylxnarscreqms 16 votes

Comments

• Tantrum
    Tantrum out of personal enjoyment
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    edited November 2019
    Optimus Prime (MV1)
    Just like him, but honestly prefer both tantrum and MV Prime too
  • Thundercracker
    It’s a three way tie lmao
  • VanjieVanjie Posts: 82
    Optimus Prime (MV1)
    Tantrum is equally as fantastic but I have a lot more experience with MV1 and he’s always great in raids.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    High level AM - MV1 offers more bang for your buck when you have to revive him. There's no tomfoolery involved for getting him to deal more damage since it's just based on health remaining.

Low to Mid-level AM - Tantrum or Thundercracker. Their mechanics for getting more damage are too risky at higher levels but can be a lot of fun for lower AM levels/Spotlight/Raids.

Tantrum and Thundercracker are definitely more fun to use though.
  • Tantrum
    Tantrum is better than mv1 in my oppinion for 2 reasons. 1 purification is op in some cases and can really save your bacon. And 2 that tier 3 special attack just does a crap ton of damage.
  • Optimus Prime (MV1)
    Though tantrum does more damage, Mv1 is ultimately the safest, yet quite effective, bot to use. Thundercracker is meh.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    edited November 2019
    Thundercracker
    Primal and thundercracker, why?

Synergies are very Powerful and useful with both of them.

Both have great melee damage

Primal +1 because of his defensive abilities

Both of them have purification to almost all DOT debuffs (primal with synergies but nonetheless debuffs expire in no time when he's got 10 armour buffs).
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Tantrum
    For me, Tantrum is King. He's capable of devastating damage beyond MV1.
  • Thundercracker
    Slayer wrote: »

Both of them have purification to almost all DOT debuffs (primal with synergies but nonetheless debuffs expire in no time when he's got 10 armour buffs).

Finally. Someone who realizes the value of thundercracker.
    Thundercracker
    Decimus234 wrote: »

Finally. Someone who realizes the value of thundercracker.

Thundercracker can also stack the most melee buffs not only among brawlers but among all bots.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Optimus Prime (MV1)
    Ditto with what @Synthwave said
  • VectorSierraXÎXVectorSierraXÎX Posts: 84
    edited November 2019
    78et0glxme14.jpg
    This is my current personal tier list for the brawler class at the moment. I still can't fathom why I'm spending a considerable amount of time contemplating about this which is as I've mentioned, completely irrelevant towards my life in general. Oh well. :smile:
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Tantrum
    To everyone that picks MV1, w h y
  • Optimus Prime (MV1)
    Kitten wrote: »

He's better. You can actually PLAY safely. Tantrums risky, he may do some good damage, but he isn't so good in places where a hit could kill you.
  • BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
    edited November 2019
    Optimus Prime (MV1)

Heal on bleeds (only 1 bleed can be active on him) armor, meelee buff, synergies, low tier revive do great job on him because of sig, cando really good bleed dmg on every special, more health lost->greater sp1 dmg

Tantrum is a pure powerhouse but tricky to play with him. I really like him too but all in all MV is not just one of the best brawler but in my opinion one of the best in the entire game

Side note: my only r5 brawler is Grimlock :D
    Thundercracker
    Beastdad wrote: »

Pick one based on your ability.

Grindor, then 😂
  • Tantrum
    78et0glxme14.jpg
    This is my current personal tier list for the brawler class at the moment. I still can't fathom why I'm spending a considerable amount of time contemplating about this which is as I've mentioned, completely irrelevant towards my life in general. Oh well. :smile:

Are you basing your list on duped or unduped? Duped grim is miles above MM and revamped grindor for the purpose of a brawler. To be reasonable about why you’d bring a brawler, it’s to tank dot damage. Primal is king with tantrum, TC and grim below, player dependant. unduped grim isn’t much aside from a meatbag. Same with MM. Mv1 is middle field to me. Grindor is ok, but more suited to being a punchbag than a staple of the team.

As for the topic in general, why is primal even being mentioned? He wasn’t an option.
  • Tantrum

He's better. You can actually PLAY safely. Tantrums risky, he may do some good damage, but he isn't so good in places where a hit could kill you.

You and your Bayformer love...smh...
  • 78et0glxme14.jpg

Are you basing your list on duped or unduped? Duped grim is miles above MM and revamped grindor for the purpose of a brawler. To be reasonable about why you’d bring a brawler, it’s to tank dot damage. Primal is king with tantrum, TC and grim below, player dependant. unduped grim isn’t much aside from a meatbag. Same with MM. Mv1 is middle field to me. Grindor is ok, but more suited to being a punchbag than a staple of the team.

As for the topic in general, why is primal even being mentioned? He wasn’t an option.

While I understand your statements and opinions on the matter. Do bare in mind this is my own opinion on it for which I have my own reasons on why I ranked them the way I did. With that said. I'm not sure if you've noticed but I never even once mentioned Primal in my original post. And the reason why I didn't add any other brawlers to the poll was because I've already made up my mind on where to rank each of them except for the above mentioned brawlers and are currently unfilled in my tier list, hence the thread.

I'm basing my tier list on each bot on their overall utility at their absolute full potential, taking in consideration of their synergies and signatures. Not just against the class they have an advantage at but against all bots.

As for Grimlock however. To put it simply, he's only good because of his signiture. He doesn't have any other strengths than that. Compared to Motormaster and Grindor which in my opinion has better utility overall.
  • B_KassB_Kass Posts: 22
    Thundercracker
    Thundercracker is my vote because he does everything that mv1 and tantrum do (minus the healing from mv1) but with even more abilities that neither of them have.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    IMHO
    Arenas TANTRUM
    AM PRIMAL
    Missions PRIMAL/MM
    Raids MOTORMASTER (TC if you're not great at raids)
    Thundercracker
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    IMHO
    Arenas TANTRUM
    AM PRIMAL
    Missions PRIMAL/MM

The Arenas? 😂😂😂 Tantrum 😂

Literally any bot can do good in Arenas lmao man
    That cracked me up 😂😂
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Optimus Prime (MV1)
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    IMHO
    Arenas TANTRUM
    AM PRIMAL
    Missions PRIMAL/MM

The Arenas? 😂😂😂 Tantrum 😂

Literally any bot can do good in Arenas lmao man
    That cracked me up 😂😂

I had a different reaction to @BlackRazak — I thought of Tantrum for Arena too. Not because of how “good” he might be but more because he is fun to use and arena fits that bill.
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited November 2019
    Optimus Prime (MV1)

Oy, i never said i loved bayformers. I like mv1, and some other bay bots, but that doesn't mean i love the movies. All i said was mv1 was a safer, effective bot.

For thundercracker, he isn't bad, and one could play him safely like mv1, but he does way lower damage than mv1 if one plays him that way. He's kinda risky like tantrum, but not as much.
  • Thundercracker

Oy, i never said i loved bayformers. I like mv1, and some other bay bots, but that doesn't mean i love the movies. All i said was mv1 was a safer, effective bot.

For thundercracker, he isn't bad, and one could play him safely like mv1, but he does way lower damage than mv1 if one plays him that way. He's kinda risky like tantrum, but not as much.

Thundercracker isn’t really that risky, he auto purifies any damaging debuffs. Even unstable energon.
  • I love my grimlock for raids. He becomes a superhero against bone crusher. Great against WJ. Also he has one of the most reliable burns in the game (handy against zombies recently). I wish he had cooler synergies though.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Thundercracker

Thundercracker users can play in two different ways, aggressively or defensively. Both ways help him keep/gain melee buffs, which could be stacked indefinitely. He has no issue competing with MV1 Prime in terms of damage.

As for he bleed/DOT counter, he outperforms Prime. First, his passive prevents him from doing any critical hits, which makes him the safest, and arguably the best counter to Bonecrusher especially at high level AM, where Mv1 may not keep up with the massive bleed damage. Some may say his Purification is inferior to Grimlock and the Beasts as it’s limited to only 3 types of debuffs, it’s safe to assume that’s just enough as they’re the most common ones and currently, the only ones that can be inflicted outside of the opponent’s attacks (i.e. HA, Energon Storm mod, Relic of Chaos, etc.)

Thundercracker is basically Grimlock and Tantrum rolled into one, creating a perfect Hybrid Counter/Hard Hitter Brawler with impressive versatility. Therefore, I don’t see why he should be ranked below both of them, (at least below Grimcuck)

The only problem I have with him is his unavailability as a 5* as only a few arena whales and lucky noobs had managed to obtain him. Seriously Kabam, he needs to be in the Bot store BEFORE Megatronus
    As I’m holding a spare T5 Brawler ;)