Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Hope something big cools before the end of the year...

Since we are not getting new bots introduced in the game. Why the dialogue hyping us up with the hope of new bots? We are running a endless race with no rewards.

Why would anyone buy from the store or bots if no hope for the game to be rejuvenated?

og60j8z6n8px.gif

Comments

• Hope Springs eternal
  • SteffSteff Posts: 71

absolute nothingness
    we wait for t4b mods rare unlocked sparks mod g3 for up mods 4r4 and so what to say bots to add in the 6 * crystals (bee stratge, wb, tantrum, thunder, nemesys) as much as we've been waiting since too long .
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Play it as an Idle game.
  • Yea, hoping we get like Bee’s Gauntlet before the year ends, and a spark deal to buy with energon for so then we can get some T4 basics with it and a T4 class spark crystal
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited December 2019
    I still have hope. I've really stalled out on trying the high level stuff and AMs and it's taken alot of stress and frustration out of it. It's become an enjoyable game again.
    I feel there is something coming... probably in April for the Anniversary.
  • MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 135
    Generations was a good event, would be great for a bayformer event for a 5* tact bee, and a buff for demo-meg as well, plus proper bayformer synergy... Or am i asking for too much
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    MystaJay wrote: »
    Generations was a good event, would be great for a bayformer event for a 5* tact bee, and a buff for demo-meg as well, plus proper bayformer synergy... Or am i asking for too much

Sounds good to me, I almost forgot about that awesome G1 event
  • 11218931121893 Posts: 144
    Don't keep your hopes up fella
    They can't even explain the reason why there's a break in new monthly featured bots
  • 1121893 wrote: »
    They can't even explain the reason why there's a break in new monthly featured bots

We've explained in the past that we just don't have plans to do this at this time. Our focus is elsewhere.
  • McBusketMcBusket Posts: 174
    @Kabam Vydious may we know the reasoning behind why there are no plans to do this at this time?
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    We've explained in the past that we just don't have plans to do this at this time. Our focus is elsewhere.

Elsewhere in Forged to Fight? Because continuing story lines in regular missions and spotlight should be on going alongside new game developments. However, it really feels like there hasn’t been any new game developments since the “no new bots” thing.

If it’s just elsewhere as in another game, well then, nothing can be done.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    edited December 2019
    1121893 wrote: »

Define elsewhere.
    And does your "elsewhere" not include bugs, glitches and crashes?
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    The mods have already said that they aren't going to comment on it. As nice as an explanation would be, and believe me I pushed for an explanation at the time as much as anyone, the reality is they don't have to give one so they wont. Pointless expecting one or asking for one.

Elsewhere being Mcoc?

Elsewhere being Mcoc?

Elsewhere as in the game itself. Content, story, etc... Bots just aren't on that agenda. We have said over and over again these two games have two different teams. The only folks shared across the two games are me and the other mods.

Elsewhere being Mcoc?

Elsewhere as in the game itself. Content, story, etc... Bots just aren't on that agenda. We have said over and over again these two games have two different teams. The only folks shared across the two games are me and the other mods.

I get how you're saying Content to make people feel better...but not much content has come around this year compared to last year
    1121893 wrote: »

Elsewhere being Mcoc?

Maybe FtF needs more team members?
    I know the last few responses I've gotten back from support is definitely MCoC guys.
    We're really trying here, but when we get basically no support and no explanation then it's disheartening.

Elsewhere being Mcoc?

Surely you can understand a players frustration though. Especially in comparison to all the love mcoc is getting atm. We all want new bots. It should be on that agenda. It happened before, why not now?

I’m no game dev. I don’t know the ins and outs. But from a business perspective, surely you want to give your customers what they want? It’d go a long way to keeping the player base happy, and quell any fears over the future of the game.

Come on, get those new bots on the agenda. I understand there’s obviously underlying issues but something has to give. How many threads are going to pop up raising this matter before someone finally says something must be done.

This game had potential. It still does. But don’t let it go to waste. Inactivity can inadvertently be negative. New storyline and act 4 is great and all, but we want to see this game get the love it once did. New bot every month, the story was great (combiner and Titan hints had us all wanting more).

Give the game some love and the players what they all want. If we can’t have new bots, can we have an explanation, after almost a year without a unique new bot, why so? We’d appreciate some blunt honesty on the matter other than it just not being on the agenda. Why isn’t it? It should be. Can you imagine the uproar from the mcoc community if they went a year without new champs?

@Kabam Vydious I don’t want to come across as demanding or confrontational here as that’s not my intention. But I also believe I speak for the player base when I ask just what is going on. What’s the future, will there ever be new bots? Put us out of our misery and tell us already, this has dragged on for too long to not be fully addressed.

I agree with this
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited December 2019
    ...was there a “the players want more story instead of new bots” meeting or something? What was the rationale behind this decision?
    @Darm0k I was to type a lot of text but let's keep it simple: resource limit. What would you do when even the "surprise" (in form of NP and TC) you managed to pull off doesn't make enough revenue? You roll back to story writing, certainly.
    I think the revenue from the remaining players isn't in the range of returning the game's glory, however hard we try. There has to be a huge investment from outside to get the ball rolling. But there's none, for the moment.
    edited December 2019
    ...was there a “the players want more story instead of new bots” meeting or something? What was the rationale behind this decision?
    @Darm0k I was to type a lot of text but let's keep it simple: resource limit. What would you do when even the "surprise" (in form of NP and TC) you managed to pull off doesn't make enough revenue? You roll back to story writing, certainly.
    I think the revenue from the remaining players isn't in the range of returning the game's glory, however hard we try. There has to be a huge investment from outside to get the ball rolling. But there's none, for the moment.

They made their own nest.
    NP and TC failed because they weren't really "new" bots, and they weren't readily available to everyone. It was a luck thing. Players specifically asked for them not to release them that way and they did.
    They did something players specifically asked them not to do then womdered why it backfired.
  • According to some analytics tool online, the monthly income for FTF doesn’t cover the cost of the staff needed to make new bots

It’s this or nothing .

I’m glad they are keeping the game going. Must be a labour of love thing.

You’ll be sorry when it’s gone.

Elsewhere being Mcoc?

Surely you can understand a players frustration though. Especially in comparison to all the love mcoc is getting atm. We all want new bots. It should be on that agenda. It happened before, why not now?

I’m no game dev. I don’t know the ins and outs. But from a business perspective, surely you want to give your customers what they want? It’d go a long way to keeping the player base happy, and quell any fears over the future of the game.

Come on, get those new bots on the agenda. I understand there’s obviously underlying issues but something has to give. How many threads are going to pop up raising this matter before someone finally says something must be done.

This game had potential. It still does. But don’t let it go to waste. Inactivity can inadvertently be negative. New storyline and act 4 is great and all, but we want to see this game get the love it once did. New bot every month, the story was great (combiner and Titan hints had us all wanting more).

Give the game some love and the players what they all want. If we can’t have new bots, can we have an explanation, after almost a year without a unique new bot, why so? We’d appreciate some blunt honesty on the matter other than it just not being on the agenda. Why isn’t it? It should be. Can you imagine the uproar from the mcoc community if they went a year without new champs?

@Kabam Vydious I don’t want to come across as demanding or confrontational here as that’s not my intention. But I also believe I speak for the player base when I ask just what is going on. What’s the future, will there ever be new bots? Put us out of our misery and tell us already, this has dragged on for too long to not be fully addressed.

Well said, bro! This is exactly how we all feel! 👍🏻
  • LatimustronLatimustron Posts: 202
    edited December 2019
    Also I wonder what's the secret here? Any game developers in this era are upfront about what plans they have for the game. So far all we know is that no new bots are planned but what about the other things that are planned? As an industry practice, it is your (kabam) duty to keep the players informed about the future of the game and not to keep us in the dark by being so secretive. Don't you think it is our right to know what's the future here? It is the players base that makes a game great but so far it looks like kabam doesn't really bother about their Tftf players.

More to add to the disrespect is that they don't reveal anything. However anything that they reveal is mostly stale content. I'll be very honest here, bringing in spotlights with different storylines is not a new content here! I mean c'mon I am not here to just read the stories. So far the only good thing I have seen is fog of war and the new story chapter. Compared to the other game developers who are always keen to retain the player's interest, kabam is lacking way behind.

Posts like these always has rude and monotonous replies from the mods which leaves us more disappointed. Like I said, in one of the old threads which was closed by vydious, the players interest in the TRANSFORMERS series is keeping them in the game, and kabam knows that which is why they are relaxed for they know the players will still be here even if the game has nothing great to offer.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited December 2019
    According to some analytics tool online, the monthly income for FTF doesn’t cover the cost of the staff needed to make new bots

It’s this or nothing .

I’m glad they are keeping the game going. Must be a labour of love thing.

You’ll be sorry when it’s gone.

I wasn't able to find a site to give me the exact type of data I was looking for but I did see one site report they made $60,000 in October and that may have been for only one platform. I'm sure that is plenty to pay one or two people to work on a completely new bot even if they only release one every 3 months. How much is their recent new content costing anyways? It's a few lines and a few new pictures.

Also, I found this chart showing their historical ranking for the Apple app store which I found interesting.....hmmm, what a coincidence that their ranking collapsed in early 2019 and has remained down. Are they expecting new stories to spark spikes in downloads?

79i6vxn5vb2m.jpg
    I kinda feel if it's a money issue it would be cake to solve.
    If imagine there are folks at MCoC that can slide in and help out. From what I hear, MCoC are overwhelmed by the amount of content.
    It wouldn't take long to put some new stuff in and drum up some new players...advertise and such...capitalize on the success of the new Bee movie and the amazing designs of that new crew.
    A new generation of bots would go well...Beast Wars, Bayformers, G1, and the the KnightFormers...sounds like a game to me:)