Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

REQUIREMENTS guide.

12345679»

Comments

• BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Hello commanders,

What with all the going-ons out there IRL, I'd like to state a reminder not just for covid-19 prevention, but for good all-round sanitary practice and device care.

1. Wash your Hands. You never know what you touch. And remember that your phone has more bacteria than an average toilet.
    2. Phone Cleanliness. It's not just your cache. A physical wipedown daily (or in normal practice, every two days) not only keeps your device sanitary, but prolongs life and improves aesthetics.
    Use a wetwipe with no alcohol.
    3. Accessories. Clean those cables, chargers, phone cases, etc with a mild cleansing solution. You see people cough and sneeze everywhere.
    4. Be Aware of Surroundings. Some gamers are oblivious to their proximity to others. Keep an eye out.
    5. Dietary Supplements. Some get sick quite easily. Make sure you get a dose of whatever you need to prevent illness, be it vitamins, shots, etc.
    6. Prevention. If your area has reported cases of the coronavirus, wear a surgical mask if attending public gatherings, malls, etc.

Stay healthy folks and take care
  • Sydney2Sydney2 Posts: 68
    Surgical masks won't prevent the virus from getting to you, you need the N95 with cartridge filter for that. A surgical mask WILL help catch germs when people cough. Surgical masks are for the sick to wear to help protect the healthy.
  • Sydney2Sydney2 Posts: 68
    Anyone watch the President's speech last night?
    edited March 2020
    8.4 niggles

MediaTek A22, A25, P35, P90: Lighting Inconsistencies, Shadow Artifacts, Graphical Glitches due to non-optimization of PowerVR GPU

Hisilicon Kirin: See above, despite Mali G72. WEIRD.

Qualcomm SD625, 626, 636: FC when changing game modes, FREEZE between fights, Hitches, freezing DURING ADVERTS

@Kabam Vydious

PS - Thanks for remembering, @asparagus
    edited April 2020
    Screen Protector Guide:

Commanders,
    I've run some test using an OptoFidelity TOUCH Machine on a Samsung Galaxy A51, Motorola Z4, Motorola One Macro and iPhone X with the most common type of screen protectors;

1. PET Plastic/TPU
    2. 2.5D Tempered Glass
    3. Hydrogel
    4. NANO Liquid PET-TPU Hybrid

with both 4mm (light touch) and 7mm (medium) settings; to determine which fulfills +/-25 μm accuracy.

Not 100% essential but helps as the aforementioned devices are widely used (or similar in spec to most popular phones of F2F players) and since every minute difference counts thanks to the NEW NINJA A.I.

Best: PET/TPU Basic Screen Protector - highest accuracy (only additional +0.8~1.2μm) but least protection. Also cheapest and most widely available.

OK: Hydrogel - good accuracy (+1.6~1.9μm) but only AFTER 48hr CURATION PERIOD. This is important as that's how long this newer type of protector takes to fully set; removing all air bubbles.

WORST: 2.5D Tempered Glass - terrible (-2.7~3.3μm) as manufacturing tolerances, trapped particles and SCREEN CURVATURE play huge roles. Best protection but worst touch input latency by far. And if coupled with struggling devices (read Qualcomm SD 625, 626, 636; Hisilicon Kirin, Exynos or LOW RAM budget MTK/Spreadtrum; PowerVR GPU) a true recipe for disaster.

Mix: Nano Repair. Too much space for user error.

So go for those cheap, transparent film for best touch input accuracy.
    PM me if necessary for more details.

Stay safe guys, and be well.

P.S. - COVID19 has a longer half-life on GLASS, followed by PLASTIC surfaces.
    Remember to gently clean your phone/tablets/keyboards with an antibacterial solution everyday.
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    Screen Protector Guide:

Commanders,
    I've run some test using an OptoFidelity TOUCH Machine on a Samsung Galaxy A51, Motorola Z4, Motorola One Macro and iPhone X with the most common type of screen protectors;

1. PET Plastic/TPU
    2. 2.5D Tempered Glass
    3. Hydrogel
    4. NANO Liquid PET-TPU Hybrid

with both 4mm (light touch) and 7mm (medium) settings; to determine which fulfills +/-25 μm accuracy.

Not 100% essential but helps as the aforementioned devices are widely used (or similar in spec to most popular phones of F2F players) and since every minute difference counts thanks to the NEW NINJA A.I.

Best: PET/TPU Basic Screen Protector - highest accuracy (only additional +0.8~1.2μm) but least protection. Also cheapest and most widely available.

OK: Hydrogel - good accuracy (+1.6~1.9μm) but only AFTER 48hr CURATION PERIOD. This is important as that's how long this newer type of protector takes to fully set; removing all air bubbles.

WORST: 2.5D Tempered Glass - terrible (-2.7~3.3μm) as manufacturing tolerances, trapped particles and SCREEN CURVATURE play huge roles. Best protection but worst touch input latency by far. And if coupled with struggling devices (read Qualcomm SD 625, 626, 636; Hisilicon Kirin, Exynos or LOW RAM budget MTK/Spreadtrum; PowerVR GPU) a true recipe for disaster.

Mix: Nano Repair. Too much space for user error.

So go for those cheap, transparent film for best touch input accuracy.
    PM me if necessary for more details.

Stay safe guys, and be well.

P.S. - COVID19 has a longer half-life on GLASS, followed by PLASTIC surfaces.
    Remember to gently clean your phone/tablets/keyboards with an antibacterial solution everyday.

You're doing God's work, my dude. Thanks for this, really helpful.
    Y'all,

I've to bring it up here, but the 8.4.2 revision has finally put the final nail in the coffin for both 2GB RAM devices as well as A10 Fusion SoCs.

Trying to complete an AM Fight on lower powered processors like the MediaTek MT6737 or Apple's A10 has become a real effort.
    For the MediaTek chip, F2F is now plagued by horrendous lag.
    The A10 still gives a good representation but overheats after a 90sec battle.

With that in mind, watch for
    1. Absolutely NO PowerVR GPU. Even the latest, such as ones found in Helio A22, P35, P90 just aren't particularly catered for.
    2. Go for AT LEAST 3GB RAM, 4+ if your budget stretches that far*.
    3. For Android, install F2F on INTERNAL MEMORY.
    4. >3000mAH batteries. Latest update quite the juice hog.
    5. If your phone has in-display TouchID, or a POLED screen, additional screen protectors really hinder light touches.
    Same with ruggedized phones.
    6. It's increasingly iPhone 8 and above, with iOS 13< if you're from the Cult of Mac.

*Phones that are great to work with start at just $120 (motorola moto m), but newer devices that sport either a Qualcomm SD630, 632, 675 or 665 are terrific, too. So you've plenty of devices to choose from.
    Alternatively, the MediaTek Helio P70, G80, G90 are also superb.
    AliExpress is your friend!
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Wish they could really do that.
    At least, they could tell, This device runs game with least crahes and reasonable Graphics(no screen obstacles)

LOGICAL, ISN'T IT?
    Too many devs are afraid to turn away potential customers.
    What happens instead is you get a miserable experience due to glitches and non compatibility despite running top tier devices.
    How else could you explain my miserable iPad Pro, Moto Z and Pixel experience?
    (But amusingly smooth sailing on the sub $100 cheapos like the Moto C Plus!)
    This game has 20M+ downloads, so c'mon!

LOGIC:
    It isn't there, unless you are Shockwave.
    Looking for the best Android device for F2F?
    c2j71p5rsgek.jpg
    Vivo IQOO 3
    SD865, 12GB RAM, 256GB DDR4.
    6.44in AMOLED.
    qmuck215xf8a.jpg
    epowkedk1ybr.jpg

Available June 1.
    @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike
    and all commanders:

I've discovered the WEIRDEST correlation.
    But also a shortcut when out and about testing a new phone for purchase.

Without installing F2F on an Android device, and you need to know if they play nice, simply open Google Play Games, and take out SOLITAIRE for a spin.

If it's smooth, fast and has perfect FPS, it's a GO for F2F.

I kid you not.

Tested on: SD430, 625, 626, 636 (laggy, choppy FPS for solitaire); SD630, 675, 665, 715, 835, 845, 8150 (smooth FPS), MTK6737, 6755 (relatively ok FPS); MT6771, G90 (smooth FPS).

Good weekend ahead.
  • KakaMaxKakaMax Posts: 44
    I've an exynos based Note 10+, it plays acceptably for the most part and graphics look good with the newest Samsung game booster set to "high fps" but...
    Not great. My wife's iPhone looks a lot better
    Sometimes controls do not respond while fighting
    As great and smooth as it looks in iPhone XS Max, gameplay seems more responsive in my Samsung.

Mcoc still looks a lot better, but it's such a simplified version of tftf that it's boring as hell
    c0vs2gmtkizo.jpg

Bought this for work.
    It plays F2F superbly

Doogee S68 Pro (£210)
    - Helio P70
    - 6GB RAM, 128GB
    - 6300mAH
    - Android 9.0
    - IP68 mil std 810
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/DOOGEE-Waterproof-Shockproof-Smartphone-Wireless/dp/B081395V91
    edited July 2020
    Other terrific Android devices that are amazingly affordable include:

Poptel P10 ($180)
    5uaozzyq34cg.jpg
    - Helio P23
    - 4GB-64GB
    - 3600mAH
    - Android 9.0
    https://www.amazon.com/Unlocked-Waterproof-Smartphone-5-5inch-Ultra-Thin/dp/B07PTB47S8

Umidigi S5 Pro ($288)
    nks2bd6gf660.jpg
    - Helio G90T
    - 6GB-256GB
    - 4680mAH
    - Android 10
    https://www.amazon.ca/UMIDIGI-Unlocked-Smartphone-Fingerprint-High-Capacity/dp/B089Y446PX

moto g 5G plus ($339)
    ow32s5d3gjex.jpg
    - SD765
    - 6GB-128GB
    - 5000mAH
    - Android 10
    - 5G
    https://www.motorola.com/we/smartphones-moto-g-5g-plus/p#

PS- all phones mentioned today have NFC and a compass.
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    How can this happen to me?

f2f crashes while doing final boss in raid.
    Rest of World (RoW; i.e. EU, Asia Pacific, LATAM, EMEA) users:
    z0otwm1hhou5.jpg
    Ulefone T2
    Helio P70, 6GB RAM, 128GB
    Stock Android 9.0
    6.7in FHD+
    4230mAH, NFC enabled
    16MP (f1.8) + 8MP telephoto (f2.2)
    8MP f2.0 Selfie Camera

US $149.99
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_dZLw9HJ

Or USA users, if your carrier is GSM.

Absolutely terrific for F2F running at mid-high graphical settings, ala SD675 or SD710.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    SilverZA wrote: »
    How can this happen to me?

f2f crashes while doing final boss in raid.

There have been a lot of crash cases reported recently from the Chinese TFTF community on IOS. Strangely, few case is reported here.
    Hello commanders,

It's been some ride, but after a massive financial investment into F2F, i can no longer afford to maintain this effort.
    Neither the time nor money.

Seems this thread is hugely ignored anyway, and is pointless as there is little, if any back and forth.

Please PM me for any compatibility issues and recommendations, I'll do what i can based on any info i can get.

Or perhaps Kabam can post a sticky thread with constantly updated hardware, software REQUIREMENTS.

- Blackzarak
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Hello commanders,

It's been some ride, but after a massive financial investment into F2F, i can no longer afford to maintain this effort.
    Neither the time nor money.

Seems this thread is hugely ignored anyway, and is pointless as there is little, if any back and forth.

Please PM me for any compatibility issues and recommendations, I'll do what i can based on any info i can get.

Or perhaps Kabam can post a sticky thread with constantly updated hardware, software REQUIREMENTS.

- Blackzarak

@BlackRazak thank you for all your efforts, they are greatly appreciated and have personally helped me out with running the game better. As you've said, this is a very expensive business, and in these trying times it is perhaps best to save up. Besides, it's not like anything new is going to come out that'll make us play the game more fervently. You've gone above and beyond the call of duty, you need to take a break.
  • Awaiting for UMIDIGI S5 Pro, will hope to have a round in AM over the weekend.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    @BlackRazak thanks for your efforts. It's extremely unfortunate that Kabam reps took your earnest help as a threat vs. another avenue to help support the community.
    I'll leave this here.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=inc.trilokia.gfxtool

Tested various "game tuner" style apps on the following SoC, but Gamers GLTool is the only 3rd party app that works.
    For slightly over $1, it'll prolong the life of older devices and enhance flagships of yesteryear.

MT6737 - 2GB RAM now (barely) makes the grade again thanks to Trilokia's fine app.
    MT6755T - The last 8.3.4 update really messed up this formerly terrific processor. Gamers GLtool sorts out the F2F touch latency issue.
    SD626 - Sorts out some crashes due to poor memory leak management and asset control.
    SD630 - Prioritizes RAM management, 3GB devices now far less laggy (this one's for you, @billygovols ).
    SD636 - Fix for lag at multi account sync load.
    SD675 - Overheating less due to tighter asset management.
    SD735 - Improved FPS.
    SD675G - Improved FPS and touch input.
    SD835 - Improved FPS on 4GB RAM at full account sync settings.

@Nightpath @Technobot @Voltron @Primerprime5 @2Lock @JIMMY_SAB i hope this helps y'alls alliances and mates

PS - this app also enables imports of other device settings, so you get to tinker what's best 4 u.
  • SD630 - Prioritizes RAM management, 3GB devices now far less laggy (this one's for you, @billygovols ).

You da man!!!
  • Im not one of them just saying that some guys that can't buy them self mobile with android 7.0 will be kicked off, yestrday i buyed my self new tab and its android 6.1
  • But for gaming on mobile i would recommend Cubot X19 it has very good camera, and it have 64 gb of memory, when you buy it with you already get all protection for your mobilewia0s9mtflo8.jpg
    I'll leave this here.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=inc.trilokia.gfxtool

@Nightpath @Technobot @Voltron @Primerprime5 @2Lock @JIMMY_SAB i hope this helps y'alls alliances and mates

PS - this app also enables imports of other device settings, so you get to tinker what's best 4 u.

My alliance mates send their thanks! @BlackRazak
    edited September 2020
    It's been some journey here on the forums, and if it's on it's last legs, PM/add me on these platforms for sporadic F2F Hardware & Software Requirements intel.

Discord: BlackRazak (#7052)
    LINE: Andri.Yatim
    Twitter: @HeyAndri
    Reddit: AndriYatim
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ForgedToFight/comments/hckhb3/updated_requirements/

Also @Kabam Miike how about converting my forum points into prizes.
    Will accept 1K points = 100K Titan Shards.
    😋
    😜
    It's been some journey here on the forums, and if it's on it's last legs, PM/add me on these platforms for sporadic F2F Hardware & Software Requirements intel.

😋
    😜

It's sad that we'll stop seeing these updates here, it's been helpful for me multiple times. Thank you for your assistance, throughout the first years of FTF!

😋
    😜

It's sad that we'll stop seeing these updates here, it's been helpful for me multiple times. Thank you for your assistance, throughout the first years of FTF!

A cheers to the mad lads!