Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

ENHANCEMENTS TO SOUNDWAVE & GRIMLOCK

2»

Comments

• MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Ok i see that Grimlock’s unstoppable is more of a defensive ability. But really it’s rarely useful. But will give it a chance
  • Edwardo76Edwardo76 Posts: 82
    I’m a fan. I like to sling a lot of heavies with Grim during raids. Now I can be even more reckless
  • ASH_BotASH_Bot Posts: 9
    Edwardo76 wrote: »
    I’m a fan. I like to sling a lot of heavies with Grim during raids. Now I can be even more reckless
    I agree totally.

I use Grimlock on raids. As an OK but not great player, just tested against Soundwave, it saved me defensively twice, during a heavy and his special. In both cases I would have otherwise just taken the hit. You can time it to get past Soundwave's heavy if you both fire at roughly the same time, as long as you fire a bit later (so just a bit after Soundwave's 4-hit + heavy combo). Also, no combo reset.

I also don't need to fear G1 Megatron's heavy on a Harm Accelerator.
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    Darm0k wrote: »
    So my take on these buffs after trying out these bots. Soundwave did power drain on S1 more often (stun too), but since the power drain is not 100%, it’s not reliable enough to depend on it in challenging battles. It should be 100% like Prowl’s S1. His S2 is still the way to go. Maybe if there was a heal with his S3 it would make it more appealing.

Grimlock’s “buffs” are just plain useless. Sure he gets unstoppable when he heavies, but it goes away before it does anything useful. Well, there was one time I was just spamming his heavy and the AI dashed in before I got it off. Grimlock got hit, but brushed it off, and shot his heavy. That’s a pretty rare case (from the user side) as most times the ranged heavy will get the AI before they hit you. One other time I heavied and the AI launched a special. Grim went unstoppable, but the cooldown from the heavy was too long and I couldn’t dodge the rest of the special attack.

The updates sound good on paper, but not really in application. If the devs played the game, maybe they’d have a better understanding on what changes to make when they choose to balance the bots in the game.

They don't always care about our opinions, remember?
  • TruckXTruckX Posts: 20
    I agree, grimlock could've used a different buff. Like burn on every heavy (Since they are balls of fire) and then throw in a crit damage buff. That could definitely help his playstyle, or even entirely change it.
    And for soundwave, raise his melee and range. Not many people rank him because of this. You could also give him a power leak on every heavy, or special. Raising his health could help as well
    [FF0000] Just my opinion.
  • BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
    edited July 2020
    This heavy unstoppable can save you sometimes, I think It's good. You have to shoot heavies if you want to maintain the meelee buffs, or if got bleed and you want to shrug off with minimum dmg (while the heavy animation us going, purifying is done) so it can be useful.. But no one mentioned that the meelee buffs are stronger now... not much, but stronger. And from now, sp1 also get a meelee buff which is really good again so... overall, Grimlock get pretty decent buff I think.

I have only 2 idea for him to make better:

Heal on sp3 *like Kickback whith chomping... (based on meelee buff maybe)

A chance to get meelee buffs while comboing like Magnus gets resists

And of course he has a lack of synergies.... armor synergy is useless even with full armor team (on higher lvl)
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    TruckX wrote: »
    I agree, grimlock could've used a different buff. Like burn on every heavy (Since they are balls of fire) and then throw in a crit damage buff. That could definitely help his playstyle, or even entirely change it.
    A Crit Damage Buff on Brawlers would be useless since their shtick is to do as few crits as possible
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    Sometimes, the specials of Brawlers don't always do that much damage.
  • DommiclowDommiclow Posts: 2
    edited September 2020
    Хоть раз проверяли что "улучшаете"? Шанс у soundwave поставить sp1 оглушение 1 из 10. Про sp3 вообще молчу.Что бы её теперь накопить надо пропустить около 10 ударов. Был бот сбалансированный в теперь кусок очередного......... Да кстати отчего у soundwave шок x2 можно только поставить только после sp1 или sp2. Совсем нечестно. Кровотечение хоть x4 ставь.
  • FirebotFirebot Posts: 525
    so what @Dommiclow is saying is
    Have you ever checked that you are "improving"? Soundwave has a 1 out of 10 chance of stunning sp1. I'm not talking about sp3 at all. To accumulate it now, you need to skip about 10 hits. There was a bot balanced in now a piece of the next ......... By the way, why does soundwave have a shock x2 only after sp1 or sp2. Not fair at all. Bleeding at least x4 bet.