Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Cheaters

Hi All

I'm starting to be really - REALLY - upset to see my 16k defense defeated by 1k squads.
I know it's only the most visible part (for me) of the cheats around.
I don't really care losing medals or chips (except sometimes when about to buy an item from the store)
I know my defense is all but unbeatable, as I do myself defeat much higher bases.
But I would accept it much easily if I was being defeated by actual players.
I know I'm not the only one with these feelings, so here is my message.

To my fellow commanders :
Don't tolerate any cheaters in your team.
I know it can be hard to recruit players with good bots for AM, but these "players" with fast growing rosters aren't good players, and you will regret it in the end.
Report any cheater you encounter, and ask your team members to do the same

To Kabam :
Why don't you take more tangible actions against these "players" ?
These guys are no value for you !
Do you really think someone using a moded APK will spend any cent in the game ?
I know how hard it can be to implement robust application verification mecanisms, that can be defeated anyway.
But you have plenty data to use, and some basic analytics can help you, if not banning, at least putting some players under active monitoring.
The "death penalty" we all suffer from when the game crashes or the network disconnects should be applied to these guys only !

To the "players" using cheats in the game :
Guys, I can understand you don't care about other people or their opinion.
I can even understand you wanting to screw the evil kabam that is not giving you enough free items or bots.
But, come on, guys, if you disrespect everyone else, maybe can you still have some selfesteem and face the situation : if you need cheats it can mean 2 things :
1/ you don't have enough time to play the game and grow your roster by the rules (or by paying)
2/ you are not skilled enough to win the events and beat the other players
In both cases, the game is not for you, just quit and go back to candy crush !

That's all for today.
Thanks for reading - or not.

TheBeastInside

Tagged:

Comments

• Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Cheaters don't care because most of them are little kids who don't understand simple english grammar and lazy teenagers who are too lazy to read this whole post
    And Kabam won't care about this post nor what the community thinks, they'll simply shut this thread down and give you a warning
  • No, I can't really, as it's against Kabam / forum rules to point at a specific player.
    I already received a warning when I did this the first time.
    Now I report abuse directly to the support
    But I can try to post some screenshots with hidden player name, yes.
  • TheBeastInsideTheBeastInside Posts: 429
    edited January 2018
    Some recent examples:

Cheater 1 only gets hurt by BC with Harm accelerator
    vf1l6u6n8jid.jpg
    bucm3mhixaam.jpg

Cheater 2 has an even lower ranked team and gets with no harm
    4xk39ftsputo.jpg
  • U can search them 1 month later and they still not banned.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    edited January 2018
    That cheater 1 also done my base. Didn't take any damage on my HA but just before the last bot realized he was cheating I think and killed his entire squad on my boss node, and lost the raid.

He was from an alliance that had many more people raid me with impossible results. And they've placed rather high on AM ... wonder how ... but since naming and shaming isn't allowed on this forum ... ah well. Let's just say it wasn't Force or OV family alliance.
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    Most of them are Chinese. Plenty of gaming servers are outright boycotting/banning China because of the serial cheating and hacking. It will never stop when there is really nothing to motivate/warn/discourage them to not cheat. Maybe we can create a channel on Reddit/YouTube/Steemit to expose them. Who knows.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Honestly at this point, until they impose stricter server-sided detection measures this will just keep happening.

Having a dedicated chat room on Line where leaders and officers can form a blacklist of players doing this can help on the player end, but like someone mentioned, a good deal of this is happening where English isn't the first language (or second or third) and so those rooms would be pointless for half the game's player population. A Chinese or Russian player who doesn't speak English and is cheating will simply stay in a Chinese or Russian alliance anyway.

I remember playing that game King of Thieves years ago and the cheating started to get out of hand with base raiding.

In what is becoming a typical Russian/Putin-esque stereotype, the developers (Russian) clamped down on that business HARD. They devised a system to catch them, then banned the players AND posted their names on the forum, which in the gaming world is basically today's equivalent of the head on a pike as a warning to others. It stopped immediately.

I wish Kabam would do something similar. It would definitely help restore my confidence in them and make me want to invest more in the game.
  • In general, I'm not really the kind of guy willing to expose publicly anyone.
    The rule in place on this forum is good in that it avoids abuse in abuse reports, if you know what I mean.

For me having a third-party or kabam doing the police is good.
    But they have to do it quick.
    And ease the reporting process to speed things up.
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    oh well =\
    ud80qrpmadsh.png
  • @nomisu please remove your picture or hide the name in the bottom...
    ohcrap i forgot
  • @nomisu the same player raid me twice with different account 2 months ago. I believe he has several accounts (he use same user name like abcXxx, abc Xxx in different alliance). I reported him long ago, like i said still alive, not banned.
  • Hey Mike
    Thanks for joining the chat.
    As you may have seen, I reported 2 of them today, hoping to see quick and massive actions.

Would be nice if you could dig with the devs on an easier way to report cheaters.
    Best
  • Yeah guys, that's the right things to do!
    Finally a justice came to TFTF
    We need to report all kind of cheating and cheating tutorials on YouTube.
    Don't be afraid, they are just kids who want to play the game with their ''way''.
    Seriously, thanks @Kabam Miike to joining the thread so we can report them in advance
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    And how do we know they're not using this cheat in other parts of the game to cheat us legit players out of things like better rankings in arena or simply earning items basically for free to improve their account while we spend energon and other resources?

In arena, it takes me a little over 30 minutes (on a good, interruption-free day) to use all by 4 star bots up. But if I'm competing against someone who can kill an opposing bot with one punch in 5 seconds, they can probably go through the same number of bots in a fraction of the time which, in turn, allows them to get more fights in per day and thus more points. And it's not just their 4 star bots either. Since they don't have to worry about getting dealt hard matchups, they can use their whole roster without any fear of losing their streak.

This problem isn't going to go away just by simply reporting players. Players will find a way to avoid getting caught. If there is a toggle switch on this cheat that can turn it on and off, whose to say while raiding they can't just blow through a bot with a harm accelerator with the cheat on, then turn the cheat off for other bots to make it look like they're legitimately going through a base?

We need a script that will detect when this cheat is being used and can be run after every fight in every game mode. That will be the only way to insure that players attempting to cheat are caught and punished accordingly. That will also free up customer support from having to deal with all the claims they would get flooded with of suspected cheaters.
  • We share the same view @Synthwave : the cheat impacts all game modes.

That's why I think data is the key here.
    It requires some tuning, true, but it's not that difficult for kabam to run the players stats through clustering and outliers detection algorithms.
    They would (and hopefully are already) be able to easily spot players above average or with abnormal behavior per game mode, chapter, bot or whatever.
    The only remaining problem being the false positive: good players also have abnormal stats.
    But here again, reporting cheaters would help split the dataset apart.

Good thing with using data stats is that the cheaters don't have access to it, unless they have inside men, so they won't be able to take a "normal" user behavior.
  • Found the same guy I reported while raiding... Still in the game, just changed his team.
    Reported again.

Was again defeated today by a 3k squad that left unharmed.
    Reported.

Each time the same standard automated reply, with no tangible action.

What are you waiting for, @Kabam Miike @Kabam Tenebrous @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Kavs ????

Anything we can do to help?
    Just ask, I'm pretty sure you will find volunteers here!
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    There was a player in my alliance (not anymore we kicked him for his unusual high stats comparing to his poor preferences at the AM)
    However he was doing arena while he was sleep as he told me but didn’t explain it !!!
    he was asking help to cool down his bots all the time, also he have a very very very high successful raids (over 4K).
    For me as an experienced player who usually ranked 1-2% in arena I have no doubt this guy was cheating at least at the arena & raids but for sure not at the AM.
    Cheaters are more than you think in this game & Kabam need to take an action to protect their business.
  • Leaking future content is cheating, right? Because i don't like how people here waited for someone to leak tftf future content...
    Any chances to report them?
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Leaking future content is cheating, right? Because i don't like how people here waited for someone to leak tftf future content...
    Any chances to report them?

Otrium has asked @Kabam Miike about that already, but he didn't answer the question
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Leaking info files that are in game isn’t cheating it doesn’t make anyone have an advantage
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Leaking info files that are in game isn’t cheating it doesn’t make anyone have an advantage
    And because Kabam can always change the future, leaking remains leaking. Nobody can or will blame the leaker if Scorponok doesn't arrive, neither will a thank you be given.

• I hardly post, however, this is getting out of control. People are cheating more and more. This guy clears my base with 2 ha maxed, one 4* and one 3*. He used 2* Motormaster against my 4* r4 mirage took almost zero damage. Impossible! @kabammike, I noticed you like to avoid the tough questions, but this time you and the team need to start addressing the community. No more of this hand waving nonsense! 5.0 update is trash! You haven’t fixed arena, away missions are a joke. New players have a hard time progressing, yet you want people to keep playing. We need answers! Don’t tell me to put a ticket in, I DID!
  • Cheater
  • Frugalli88Frugalli88 Posts: 148
    edited January 2018
    Now they come at you with only 2 bots
    mojvbsa0c6i1.jpeg
    Only took damage on the first 2 fights, no damage afterwards
    they should totally just use one bot srsly
  • @Kabam Miike you should have an in game option to report cheaters. It happens pretty frequently so I don't see why not. Most people don't want to go through the support tickets.