Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Introducing: Featured 5-Star Bots

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited July 2018
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    I'd like to see a realistic example of how to earn 1,000,000 chips without duping at least fifty 4* or ten 5* and without spending hundreds of dollars.

The whole point is that you can't do it every single month without spending.

You either hoard and pick your target bot when it comes around, or be content with the 4* feature of the month.

I agree 1mil chips is lofty, and awakening it is even more ridiculous, but it keeps anticipation very high. I think it will also get players more invested in arenas and increase competition in all game modes overall... They will want to earn bot Crystal shards in preparation for their most desired character.

• billygovolsbillygovols Posts: 133
    come one @Kabam Miike , be real man, no Commanders are hitting those numbers...you guys are trolling us :-D

Oh well, you all have created a great game and I love playing it, thanks for all the excitement (or drama depending on your perspective). Looking forward to what you guys come up with next ;-)
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Ooohhh. GMCs ehhh? It's time to milk the whales!
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    @billygovols yeah I can collect 210k and I have only one five star and I want an exclusive five star to be at around 250k,so I can go for it.
    Come on man, You are not supposed to get best and newest cheese available every month.
  • AresAres Posts: 38
    edited July 2018
    Haven’t seen anyone raise the question if he will be available in the five Star crystal upon his release, or will he be exclusive until a crystal upgrade?
  • @Kabam Miike Will these Featured 5* bot crystals be rewarded in the Monthly Objectives after finishing the Spotlight?
  • billygovolsbillygovols Posts: 133
    but the cheese is SOOO good.. ;-)
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Since there's an awakening program for the running Featured if you finish all the monthly obj, frugal people only need a 4* and a 3* which is 110k.
  • C0M1C5C0M1C5 Posts: 42
    While I don't think I'll get a chance for the 5* yet (only got enough chip this month for 2 4* and 3 3* jazz), I would like to thank Kabam for making chips a little easier to get (with the double chips) .

That being said, at my current level, 5* bots are not that useful for me yet (because of the 2 T3 class sparks needed to rank up). So would be nice to focus on making T3 class sparks easier to get before focusing on 5*
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    C0M1C5 wrote: »
    While I don't think I'll get a chance for the 5* yet (only got enough chip this month for 2 4* and 3 3* jazz), I would like to thank Kabam for making chips a little easier to get (with the double chips) .

That being said, at my current level, 5* bots are not that useful for me yet (because of the 2 T3 class sparks needed to rank up). So would be nice to focus on making T3 class sparks easier to get before focusing on 5*

They're going to be adding a T3 Class Arena.
  • This game needs to be more new player friendly especially in raids.
  • DeJeeYDeJeeY Posts: 1
    Ufff is much to the most I win 300 chip and 1M is too much, now if in all the arenas they give double and in Assaults too maybe but it would be very much anyway.
  • This is why you need to add in the new feature where we can turn old bot chips into new bot chips. Will duping a 5☆ give out 100,000 bot chips? If so, that will still not be enough and it takes a long time to get a 5☆.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    They're going to be adding a T3 Class Arena.

That’s right. When are we going to get that? Hopefully it’ll be in this round before it’s back to bot arenas.
  • Momo2008Momo2008 Posts: 92
    Whales Break your wallets! Goodluck!
  • Commanders!

Starting with the release of Tantrum, in addition to their 3-Star and 4-Star variants, you will now be able to purchase a 5-Star Version of the Featured Bot! This will be no easy task Commanders, as a 5-Star Featured Bot will cost you 1,000,000 Bot Chips!

This is certainly a lofty goal, but from what we’ve seen, there have been Commanders in the past that have approached this threshold for many of our Bot releases. This also gives Commanders something more to strive for, if they choose that this is a worthy goal for them. We’re also going to be monitoring this to ensure that it gives Commanders a challenge to accomplish, but is not impossible.

To help you all out, we’re also introducing 2 special Double Chips Events every month! Week 2 will now award double Chips for Alliance Missions, and Week 4 will award Double Chips for Bot Chip Arenas.

We’re also introducing a brand new Featured Bot Crystal available to all Commanders Level 40 or above! This new Crystal will cost 300 Energon, and guarantees a 3-5 Star Bot, with a chance to award a 5-Star Tantrum, as well as a 4-Star Tantrum, Jazz, or Cheetor!

Both of these will go live tomorrow at ~10am PT with the release of Tantrum!

Aim high, Commanders!

I'm loving the new feature bot crystal. FINALLY NO MORE 2*!
  • HZEROHZERO Posts: 52
    Greetings Kabam Miike, first congratulations for your work, I know that as a programmer it is not easy to correct mistakes and program news for a game. I understand that the introduction of bots 5 * must have some difficulty to acquire them, but they should be a little more accessible for all players can have an even growth and not only those who are more advanced, I have a suggestion for you, I hope take into consideration and can be usefull to give you an idea of ​​how to improve this bot acquisition system. (Note: the numbers that I will put below are not necessary to be considered at face value).

I suppose for your publications, that you can monitor the amount of bots that someone has as well as the level of awakened skill by those bots; Based on this, it think that you could put the base price of the 5 * month bot in 200,000 chips, and go increasing this price according to the number of bots 5 * and 5* bots with awakened skill that the player who wants to acquire the bot has.

For each 5 * bot or 5 * bot with awakened skill that the player has, the price will increase by 100 000 chips to a maximum of 5 bots. After the (6) 5 * bots and 5* bots with awakened skill, the price will increase by 50,000 chips.

Example:

Player W don´t have 5 * bots, the price of the 5* month bot for him would be 200,000 chips.

Player X has (1) 5 * bot, the price of the 5* month bot for him would be 300,000 chips.

Player Y has (2) 5 * bots and (1) 5 * bot with awakened skill in 10 the price of the 5* month bot for him would be 700,000 chips (he has got (5) 5 * bots).

Player Z has (4) 5 * bots, (1) 5 * bot with awakened skill in 5 and (1) 5 * bot with awakened skill in 10, the price of the 5* month bot for him would be 900,000 chips (he has got (9) 5 * bots) that increases the price for him in 100 000 chips to the maximum of 5 and then the increase after 6 is 50 000 for each 5 * bot.

Base price = 200 000
    5 x 100 000 = 500 000
    4 x 50 000 = 200 000
    Total = 900,000 chips

This would help the more advanced players have a challenge and the lower level players to move forward a bit. Maybe someone will say ok, I forge a 5 * bot that I don´t use in my team to decrease the the chips cost, since it can be more usefull in the 5 * month bot. To which you could put a measure so that the forge of the 5* bots of an average reward, in such a way that we have to analyze a little more if combine or not use this strategy.

I know you can think of something better, but it's a small suggestion that I hope will be helpfull.

Thank you for your attention and keep up the good work.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    HZERO wrote: »
    Greetings Kabam Miike, first congratulations for your work, I know that as a programmer it is not easy to correct mistakes and program news for a game. I understand that the introduction of bots 5 * must have some difficulty to acquire them, but they should be a little more accessible for all players can have an even growth and not only those who are more advanced, I have a suggestion for you, I hope take into consideration and can be usefull to give you an idea of ​​how to improve this bot acquisition system. (Note: the numbers that I will put below are not necessary to be considered at face value).

I suppose for your publications, that you can monitor the amount of bots that someone has as well as the level of awakened skill by those bots; Based on this, it think that you could put the base price of the 5 * month bot in 200,000 chips, and go increasing this price according to the number of bots 5 * and 5* bots with awakened skill that the player who wants to acquire the bot has.

For each 5 * bot or 5 * bot with awakened skill that the player has, the price will increase by 100 000 chips to a maximum of 5 bots. After the (6) 5 * bots and 5* bots with awakened skill, the price will increase by 50,000 chips.

Example:

Player W don´t have 5 * bots, the price of the 5* month bot for him would be 200,000 chips.

Player X has (1) 5 * bot, the price of the 5* month bot for him would be 300,000 chips.

Player Y has (2) 5 * bots and (1) 5 * bot with awakened skill in 10 the price of the 5* month bot for him would be 700,000 chips (he has got (5) 5 * bots).

Player Z has (4) 5 * bots, (1) 5 * bot with awakened skill in 5 and (1) 5 * bot with awakened skill in 10, the price of the 5* month bot for him would be 900,000 chips (he has got (9) 5 * bots) that increases the price for him in 100 000 chips to the maximum of 5 and then the increase after 6 is 50 000 for each 5 * bot.

Base price = 200 000
    5 x 100 000 = 500 000
    4 x 50 000 = 200 000
    Total = 900,000 chips

This would help the more advanced players have a challenge and the lower level players to move forward a bit. Maybe someone will say ok, I forge a 5 * bot that I don´t use in my team to decrease the the chips cost, since it can be more usefull in the 5 * month bot. To which you could put a measure so that the forge of the 5* bots of an average reward, in such a way that we have to analyze a little more if combine or not use this strategy.

I know you can think of something better, but it's a small suggestion that I hope will be helpfull.

Thank you for your attention and keep up the good work.

I'm just gonna cut and paste my response to a similar comment in another thread, so that you can understand what it takes to get to where the top level players are, and how long a journey it is. We earned it, or spent to get there, or a combination of both:

New and intermediate players have no need for 5* bots, t4b, or any of the resources required to rank them, so there isn't really a problem there.

You can't expect to go from using 2* bots to 5* bots overnight. You need to build your bot roster from the ground up.

Get 3* bots, max them and use them to complete content that gets you some 4* bots.

Take those 4* bots and rank them as far as you can initially (R4) so you can complete content to get you resources to max out more 4* bots.

Then finally max forge those bots and you'll be able to complete and compete in content designed to progress you through 5* bots.

That's how everyone at the top got there, either through grinding like me, or spending to accelerate the process.

Everyone seems to think it's easy. I've been playing since beta (that's 18 months) and just last week max forged my 5th 4* bot, so I have a complete spotlight squad.

I spent a couple hundred bucks ONCE for an offer that gave me what I needed to conquer end game content, and continue to do so, in order to not have to spend again.

It takes perseverance, skill, and patience if you are f2p. Along with the smarts and willingness to spend your energon only on deals that matter, and on repair kits for spotlight missions and AM difficulty beyond your comfort zone.

If you've been using your money or your energon to buy crystals as a newbie or intermediate player, you're doing it wrong.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Right, here is what I don't understand about all this whining going on about the cost of the featured 5*.

Yes it is ludicrously high and it is unachievable for more than 99% of the players unless we save for months as well as spend a little, probably. But think about that. It just means that the introduction of a featured 5* will have no impact on the game if it is unattainable. This means that the cost will eventually have to change, chips will have to become more easily available, or it just sits there and a few players patiently hoard and every now and then someone will get a single copy. The game will carry on as normal. It's an addition to the game, but not one that will change it for anyone noticeably. All other options are still available, it just presents an extra choice.

I seriously don't think there are that many players in this game that will drop MCOC levels of cash on these new crystals for it to have the impact it had on that game. I haven't come across a single person or even group that spend enough to change the game, in the same way that say MMX, CØRE, ISO8a etc did in Mcoc. So even if some people do whale out every month, it isn't going to have such an impact that unbalances the game.

I'm more concerned about the upcoming influx of t4b and how that will spiral to the point that the top 3 will run away with it and the competition it will cause, but that's for another discussion.

Also, lol'd@ the whale milking tag. Nice effort.
  • Black_ThoughtBlack_Thought Posts: 392
    edited July 2018
    Why not make make raid for feature bot chips all month. You can still do the week long raid event and this give people the option of going hard on raids all month. I think you can get a significant boost in FBC That way. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Gotta give Kabam props though...never thought this would be a thing and the fact they're willing to try and reconsider the amount is a pretty big deal.
    That being said I've not even hit half that amount even on my best month lol
  • LatimustronLatimustron Posts: 202
    It is sad to see that the new bees are sprinkling a lot of criticism on the game. Why don’t you guys understand that there was a time the top players were just like you all and they worked hard to get to the top.

Coming down to the next topic I am reading a lot of people not agreeing with the chips required to purchase a 5 star bot. Now riddle me this first!

1) All those criticizing, do you all have your current roster with at least five (4) star bots maxed out including 100% forged? If yes then you are on a level where you can consider yourself worthy enough to reach the 1 mil Featured bot chip count. Kabam has introduced some more ways to do that. Besides you need to give a lot of time in the game to get that count. So if you are worthy enough then you can sit and grind and will probably get to the 1 mil chip count. Of course it would require you all to loosen your wallet but you need be ready to invest in the game. Top alliances do that as well to finish the top milestones but that is because they are damn serious about this game and are happily investing in it along with the other hard work of grinding, spending time, and using each and every feature of the game to get stronger and better. In short going exactly how the game is designed.

2. If not then you got to first focus on strengthening your roster and then move forward. Even if Kabam goes nuts and reduces the price for you all then how are you going to rank up your 5 star bot? I am sure you all will run out resources and your 5 star bot will sit at rank 1 in your roster for the next 1 year or so. Be smart and focus on max ranking your current bots first. It's not like you get a 5 star bot and you will swipe rok, rotk, high level am, etc.

Don't believe me check out what is required to rank 2 your 5 star bot. You will probably be depressed. And a 5 star bot rank 1 is equal to a rank 4 (4) star bot so why not focus on max ranking your 4 stars and stop worrying about the 5 stars. Once you all get strong in the game you will get these things eventually without much doing. But until such time please stop criticizing the game.
    I mean you all are spoiling the longevity of the game. We all have been there but we never criticized when we could not even get our 3 star bot to max level. But we worked hard, grinned, spent time, invested a bit and most of all we all had hell lot of patience and today we are on a better position than what we were a year back. And to be honest we still have certain percentage of players who are probably at a level where we would reach only when we do what they do but we don't mind it. We are happy with where we are and are growing eventually. But trust me we never criticized the game even when we were frustrated like how some of you are right now. It is a challenge so face it. Kabam said it is not going to be easy so why don't you work towards it rather than giving suggestions of reducing the chip count. Hell even I am not going to get to 1 mil mark but I am totally okay with it. That's the nature of the game. Deal with it!

There was a time when some of us use to score 500k in 4 runs for an arena and we were no where nearer to be in the top 500 as well. Today we score 550k-700k in just one run in the arena and we are still no where near the top ones but we don't complain we just try to get better. I am pointing this out because I read one of the players complaining about the arena milestones and rankings.

Coming down to the point where most of you are pointing out how will you grow and be like the top ones? Well get this. The top 5 -10 alliance are probably those who played the game during the beta version. They started from the scratch and came up to be at the top and it took them 18 months. Things did not happen just like that. They were and are more inclined towards the game. They mined a lot and in fact worked along side the devs to make this game a better one. Today you all are lucky to have so many features in the game back when some of us joined, the game was nothing and things were a lot harder. Forget everything, getting a T1 alpha spark was a big deal for us.
    My point is don't criticize the game just go with the flow and get better. Soon you all will join the champions club. Hope this helps!

P.S. I tried to be as kind as possible. If this offends anybody then my apologies in advance but I hope you all get the point.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    It is sad to see that the new bees are sprinkling a lot of criticism on the game. Why don’t you guys understand that there was a time the top players were just like you all and they worked hard to get to the top.

Coming down to the next topic I am reading a lot of people not agreeing with the chips required to purchase a 5 star bot. Now riddle me this first!

1) All those criticizing, do you all have your current roster with at least five (4) star bots maxed out including 100% forged? If yes then you are on a level where you can consider yourself worthy enough to reach the 1 mil Featured bot chip count. Kabam has introduced some more ways to do that. Besides you need to give a lot of time in the game to get that count. So if you are worthy enough then you can sit and grind and will probably get to the 1 mil chip count. Of course it would require you all to loosen your wallet but you need be ready to invest in the game. Top alliances do that as well to finish the top milestones but that is because they are damn serious about this game and are happily investing in it along with the other hard work of grinding, spending time, and using each and every feature of the game to get stronger and better. In short going exactly how the game is designed.

2. If not then you got to first focus on strengthening your roster and then move forward. Even if Kabam goes nuts and reduces the price for you all then how are you going to rank up your 5 star bot? I am sure you all will run out resources and your 5 star bot will sit at rank 1 in your roster for the next 1 year or so. Be smart and focus on max ranking your current bots first. It's not like you get a 5 star bot and you will swipe rok, rotk, high level am, etc.

Don't believe me check out what is required to rank 2 your 5 star bot. You will probably be depressed. And a 5 star bot rank 1 is equal to a rank 4 (4) star bot so why not focus on max ranking your 4 stars and stop worrying about the 5 stars. Once you all get strong in the game you will get these things eventually without much doing. But until such time please stop criticizing the game.
    I mean you all are spoiling the longevity of the game. We all have been there but we never criticized when we could not even get our 3 star bot to max level. But we worked hard, grinned, spent time, invested a bit and most of all we all had hell lot of patience and today we are on a better position than what we were a year back. And to be honest we still have certain percentage of players who are probably at a level where we would reach only when we do what they do but we don't mind it. We are happy with where we are and are growing eventually. But trust me we never criticized the game even when we were frustrated like how some of you are right now. It is a challenge so face it. Kabam said it is not going to be easy so why don't you work towards it rather than giving suggestions of reducing the chip count. Hell even I am not going to get to 1 mil mark but I am totally okay with it. That's the nature of the game. Deal with it!

There was a time when some of us use to score 500k in 4 runs for an arena and we were no where nearer to be in the top 500 as well. Today we score 550k-700k in just one run in the arena and we are still no where near the top ones but we don't complain we just try to get better. I am pointing this out because I read one of the players complaining about the arena milestones and rankings.

Coming down to the point where most of you are pointing out how will you grow and be like the top ones? Well get this. The top 5 -10 alliance are probably those who played the game during the beta version. They started from the scratch and came up to be at the top and it took them 18 months. Things did not happen just like that. They were and are more inclined towards the game. They mined a lot and in fact worked along side the devs to make this game a better one. Today you all are lucky to have so many features in the game back when some of us joined, the game was nothing and things were a lot harder. Forget everything, getting a T1 alpha spark was a big deal for us.
    My point is don't criticize the game just go with the flow and get better. Soon you all will join the champions club. Hope this helps!

P.S. I tried to be as kind as possible. If this offends anybody then my apologies in advance but I hope you all get the point.

What are you talking about, I saw a video on youtube from someone (Inqosly in game) who is in one of the top Alliances who has a roster stacked with duped and high-forge 4* and even he thinks he has no chance at getting 1 million chips.

You weren't very kind at all. The only way to grind out 1,000,000 chips is if you have piles and piles of crystals saved up that you can open for dupes otherwise it is impossible. Put some thought into it before criticizing people.
    I playing this game since its official release in April that's like 15 months ago,,, I'm complete f2p . I couldn't explore Hot rod spotlight, but I grew and did Megs and Grim one,, When Expert missions came up I couldn't complete that for first run but I grew up and was able to explore by the time Master missions came up, I couldn't complete Blaster and Cheetor Master mission and also missed to buy Kickback and primal but now I did Jazz one. And I'm finally able to dupe my first featured bot, jazz.
    So the point is If are not going to spend and you're not so much serious but you are an active player and a reliable member of your alliance, it takes a month or two to be able to get the brand new stuff.
    I'm pretty sure, by the time I'll be able to explore Master mission, I'll be able to buy 5* featured bot.
    If I get lucky, even a featured crystal can give 4*/5*
    If you can't collect the chips, try the luck with new featured Crystals
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779

What are you talking about, I saw a video on youtube from someone (Inqosly in game) who is in one of the top Alliances who has a roster stacked with duped and high-forge 4* and even he thinks he has no chance at getting 1 million chips.

You weren't very kind at all. The only way to grind out 1,000,000 chips is if you have piles and piles of crystals saved up that you can open for dupes otherwise it is impossible. Put some thought into it before criticizing people.

You think he hasn't put thought in to that?

Inqosly is ONE player - he isn't God and he doesn't speak for everyone and his opinions are just that.

Barely anyone will be able to achieve 1m chips. It will be addressed if it becomes a problem. You do not have a right to get the featured 5*. If you have to save for months, then that is what you have to do. If you don't like it, then spend more time and money or just play a different game rather than being one of those whiners who just likes to criticise.
  • Video on youtu about the 5* chips calculation, you either spend money or save ~3 months crystals at current state.

Hope it helps!