Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Overheating till Crash Still

Yup. Same thing. iOS 11.4.1. Iphone 6S. 16GB. Kabam you know what this is about so I won’t say too much. I currently play in a top-level alliance and the lags and crashes are really difficult to ignore when playing competitively at high levels. I also know that although it’s taking a super long time to fix this issue, you guys are doing your best. But I have one major request.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, just don’t close this thread. I’m not the kind of person to start saying bad stuff or hating on the mods who are actually trying here. But i’d appreciate it if rather than closing the thread, you maybe give us updates as to the progress on the issue. What you believe is causing it.... how you think it can be solved...... beta tests to try out these solutions with various devices. That sort of thing. Please hear me out.
And for those who’ll comment below me, please don’t start saying offensive things towards the game or kabam, believe it or not, they are trying.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hey there!

We've mentioned in the past that this is something we don't have an exact timeline for but that the issue is being continuously monitored. The reasons behind what is causing this can differ from device to device so it takes longer than some may expect for us to investigate these issues.
  • CarverCarver Posts: 82
    Hey there!

We've mentioned in the past that this is something we don't have an exact timeline for but that the issue is being continuously monitored. The reasons behind what is causing this can differ from device to device so it takes longer than some may expect for us to investigate these issues.

Okay thanks, I’m getting a new phone anyway so maybe it’ll be better then. I guess it may just be a device thing. Say, maybe older, less storage devices are more problematic
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    lol, I got a warning for my last thread mate, so everyone be careful!
    Might have to go all Harry Potter and start saying "the game that cannot be named".
  • thisisdogthisisdog Posts: 18
    @Carver iPhone 8 Plus 64 GB and it still gets so hot after 20 min that it either crashes or starts to lag so much that it becomes unplayable. Switching to a newer phone unfortunately doesn’t help (yet).
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited July 2018
    Nah guys. Overheating totally isn’t a problem.
    It’s definitely never happened to me either.

Mods, close this thread too.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    If the issue differs from device to device, could you possibly tell us what the issue is on iPhone 6s? Same as what I’m using, but nothing helps. Gets particularly bad doing arena
    If the issue differs from device to device, could you possibly tell us what the issue is on iPhone 6s? Same as what I’m using, but nothing helps. Gets particularly bad doing arena

some have said that the issue is a memory leak. However, only one person has said to me that their device doesn't get hot and it was an LG. Either those devices have great ability to dissipate heat either from surface area or whatever, or the game is running at a level that simply does not tax the available computing power available, for whatever reason.

I think lower graphical settings will help. The game obviously needs too much power to run.

The mods apparently play this game - so they must have experienced it first hand. There is no way they don't know what we are talking about. If one of them has an iphone, which they will, they could experience and replicate this within an hour.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I’m curious what devices the mods play on.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited July 2018
    Hey there!

I understand you want to find the actual bug to resolve the issue but why not give us a band aid in the mean time?

It's obvious the game isn't optimized correctly and we all know the game can turn down the graphics to lower the use of device resource, so why not give us this option in the meantime while you look for the actual cause?

This issue is getting worse with each update. I can't even finish a spotlight mission without having to take breaks (yes plural) to let the phone cool down/reset. For raids, I would have to restart the app before each raid. Now, I have to restart the app in the middle of a base raid.
    Please don’t be unhelpful
    iuJacob wrote: »

Carver wrote: »

It was sarcasm.

Unhelpful? The issue has been here since January 2017 mate - there is only one party being unhelpful here. I think we're all at the stage where we've had enough, and the time for answers and solutions is now, given recent events.

The problem when someone refuses to take responsibility for a situation is essentially that we cannot hold anyone accountable. There is a huge layer between the players and the people who can sort this problem out. It's utterly ridiculous and frankly, at best it's damaging your hardware, at worst it is putting you in a potentially dangerous scenario.
    DaveJL wrote: »

some have said that the issue is a memory leak. However, only one person has said to me that their device doesn't get hot and it was an LG. Either those devices have great ability to dissipate heat either from surface area or whatever, or the game is running at a level that simply does not tax the available computing power available, for whatever reason.

I think lower graphical settings will help. The game obviously needs too much power to run.

The mods apparently play this game - so they must have experienced it first hand. There is no way they don't know what we are talking about. If one of them has an iphone, which they will, they could experience and replicate this within an hour.

An hour? My phone could fry an egg within 10 minutes. That’s with airplane mode, low power, brightness down low, all the measures.

Could be mistaken, but I noticed a slight increase of sharpness to bot graphics in game and slightly more crisp movement around the start of he tantrum spotlight. Anyone else maybe notice this? Can’t help but think it’s peculiar when I believe a small graphics increase coincided with a drop in length of time I can play for.

Anyway, memory leak or not, that’s up to the dev team to fix, not our devices. They can’t just lay the blame on us when

(1) their other game is having the same issues.

(2) the issue is so widespread it must seem like every compatible device out there must be incompetent if it’s our fault.

Also can’t help but feel like we’re second class compared to mcoc considering how quickly they acted to fix their issue.

Quite sure Apple and maybe to a lesser extent, google, would be greatly interested to know a company offering an app in their stores is almost refusing to help us considering the speed they fixed mcoc. They could potentially kick kabam into gear to get this fixed ASAP for offering an outright incompetent response to this. Apple would certainly defend their devices on this matter.

It’s unfair of kabam to ignore us for so long and say it’s our devices when they fixed mcoc in less than 3 weeks. Mcoc forum has the issue stickied and requests for volunteers to run beta tests. We would’ve gladly done this to fix the issue long ago!!!! We are not inferior beings for choosing this app on our devices instead of the cash cow of mcoc, makes me wonder what’s the point of even complaining about it when we get a quite frankly laughable response about it.

Ban me if you want, but everyone having this issue feels the same. But be aware that failure to treat ALL your customers as equals will tarnish your company with the same brush as others that do the same (Konami,ea, just a couple examples). You don’t want that, and we just want to enjoy a game that you made, otherwise what’s the point in offering it to us in the first place if you don’t offer any kind of service?

A pair of thermal gloves is cheaper than your cheapest Energon bundle and does the exact same job for the amount of time we can actually spend playing the game.
    There’s nothing underhand on our part if we complain to the device manufacturers about this. If I was selling a product like a phone, with available apps, and I was receiving complaints left right and centre about 1 issue and the developer was blaming my products, I’d certainly take issue with it, not just for integrity if the devices in question but laying the blame on the device when NO OTHER APP overheats this bad. So many different devices have this problem, and only one thing is universally in common; this game.

Said companies could simply look at how long this issue has been going on for for us, and how quickly mcoc issue has been resolved. The proof that kabam can fix this on one, yet slander everyone’s devices on the other could have serious consequences for kabam if this info reached Apple, google, Samsung etc. Multinational companies take slander very seriously.

And regards to the warning topic. I only referenced the speed at which mcoc issue was resolved, and the lack of speed here. I’ll take a warning or whatever if need be, but reality is, everyone is thinking the same, we’re all sick of this. The mcoc issue just aggravated everything, and shows blatant double standards. Again, something companies like Apple wouldn’t tolerate if it meant their product was on the receiving end of unjustified slander.
  • WarblahWarblah Posts: 39
    Iphone8 plus here, the phone now definitely has a overheat issue comparing to before, it takes about 20 minutes of constantly playing and then the fights will start to get laggy.
    I don’t think I’ve encountered this issue before, because a few updates ago my phone was running mostly fine.

One thing for sure though, there are now a lot more graphic artifacts which were most likely introduced within the last few updates. Previously only certain bots’ range heavy tends to trigger an artifact, now it’s all over the place, the worst being primals heavy which covers the entire bottom half of the screen. I wonder if those were the main causes of the overheating issue

Lol I’m waiting to see when the mods will reply. It’s like they see one mods comment and assume the thread has been dealt with.

@Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike
    Someone with an iPhone 8 has the same issue here. So me getting a new phone wouldn’t help. Please understand that the problem doesn’t stem from the devices, and has been an ongoing worsening problem for a year now. I ask that you guys kindly uhh...take responsibility here and give us something.....anything that’ll help, something that’s being done... when the problem will end.

Please thanks
    Warblah wrote: »
    Iphone8 plus here, the phone now definitely has a overheat issue comparing to before, it takes about 20 minutes of constantly playing and then the fights will start to get laggy.
    I don’t think I’ve encountered this issue before, because a few updates ago my phone was running mostly fine.

One thing for sure though, there are now a lot more graphic artifacts which were most likely introduced within the last few updates. Previously only certain bots’ range heavy tends to trigger an artifact, now it’s all over the place, the worst being primals heavy which covers the entire bottom half of the screen. I wonder if those were the main causes of the overheating issue

Hey there!

It’s been a year, lots of people have lost their patience. I hate to say it but it seems as though we sre considered dumb here. How can a recurring case have been Continously monitored for a year, but when the same kind of case comes up in your marvel game (different but extremely similar to this one), you guys see the sheer number of people complaining and immediately give them a time period that it’ll be resolved in.

Basically what I’m saying is. What’s so big of a difference in the two games if the same kinda problem can be fixed within 18 days for your (more popular) game, but hasn’t been fixed in a year, and you expect us to just take home, “ITS BEING CONTINUOUSLY MONITORED”, and you talk about how it differs from device to device. Aren’t they the same devices being used in mcoc?
    New record tonight - 4 AM fights and 7 minutes of raiding.

Absolute JOKE.
  • SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    It isnt just overheating mostly isnt our phones either it just crashs whenever it wants to. For example if i tried to choose another bot to fight it would crash or it would freeze up early fight and crash and id loose half health or get comboed... kabaam is focused on fixing overheating not the crashing
    Hey there!

It’s been a year, lots of people have lost their patience. I hate to say it but it seems as though we sre considered dumb here. How can a recurring case have been Continously monitored for a year, but when the same kind of case comes up in your marvel game (different but extremely similar to this one), you guys see the sheer number of people complaining and immediately give them a time period that it’ll be resolved in.

Basically what I’m saying is. What’s so big of a difference in the two games if the same kinda problem can be fixed within 18 days for your (more popular) game, but hasn’t been fixed in a year, and you expect us to just take home, “ITS BEING CONTINUOUSLY MONITORED”, and you talk about how it differs from device to device. Aren’t they the same devices being used in mcoc?

IKR litterally they havent done much to fix... even the support tells you to clear cache and stuff and btw they dont work... but they dont even bother to fix im pretty sure that msg they give you was there since mcoc was out -_-
    Let’s see if they delete my post again...

Why are you deleting posts and closing threads when people ask why MCOC got a fix so fast and we’ve been waiting since launch, or even beta, for some?
    Did the lag get better with yesterday’s update?
    edited July 2018
    My phone is getting even hotter after this update that just dropped.

Absolutely ridiculous.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Did the lag get better with yesterday’s update?

Kinda, I don't experience as many lags as before
    Phone is still burning at the usual speed though. 5 rounds of arena and it’s incinersting the tips of my fingers.

Taking the case off helps a little, but quickly gets to a point where I have to put it back on just to hold the damn thing.
    I literally cant do anything in the special missions because I would crash when I try loading it
    Phone is still burning at the usual speed though. 5 rounds of arena and it’s incinersting the tips of my fingers.

Taking the case off helps a little, but quickly gets to a point where I have to put it back on just to hold the damn thing.

taking your case off from the start is a must. You can get cases with fans on btw
    DaveJL wrote: »

taking your case off from the start is a must. You can get cases with fans on btw

We shouldn’t have to invest in cases to play a game though, there’s a limit to what we should tolerate. OP bosses, ok. Challenging content and the occasional glitch, fair play. But nothing else I’ve ever had on my phone does this. I’ve even tried clearing all other apps from my phone to see if that made a difference, but nothing. The back of the phone is like a hot plate within 5 minutes and the endless glitching follows shortly after.

Sorry kabam, this is on you to fix, not our problem. Like I said, there’s a limit to how much we can tolerate, and I among others are approaching our limits with this. What’s the point of arena if you can only do 5 rounds at a time, or high level AM? Would dread to think what a ROK run would do to the inside of the phone.
  • AlcethAlceth Posts: 14
    A lot of great players are leaving because of the heat/lag/crashes.
    Kabam, you guys run a business, I'm sure you monitor the churn and have seen it rise lately. So, I'm quite sure you guys are doing sthg about it.
    My main concern is 'when' this will all be solved, because it might become too late (1) every new update has worsened the situation (2) the players who leave might just use this problem as an excuse (game takes too much time, always wanted to try a new game, ...) to leave TFTF
    Your game is great, gameplay is great, ... don't sabotage your masterpiece.
    Isn't a quick fix to add a setup option where you can choose your definition? thx guys