Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Introducing: Featured 5-Star Bots

1235»

Comments

• TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    edited July 2018
    Voltron wrote: »
    you're kind of doing the modern social media thing and chopping up quotes out of context. That Miike quote was from the introduction of 4* bot of the months...you can't really apply that quote here for a 5* bot.

I personally have no stance on the 5* amount since 1mmor 500k is still out of my league but to me.. a 4* is what everyone should be able to get if they play. 5* should only be accessible for the top players otherwise if all of us can grind for a 5*, it just kills the progression of the game.

That's a fair point but I also said that with this 5 star release kabam stated it was suppose to be a stretch and not impossible and would be monitoring it if it needed a change. I guess they have to define what a stretch is.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Voltron wrote: »
    you're kind of doing the modern social media thing and chopping up quotes out of context. That Miike quote was from the introduction of 4* bot of the months...you can't really apply that quote here for a 5* bot.

I personally have no stance on the 5* amount since 1mmor 500k is still out of my league but to me.. a 4* is what everyone should be able to get if they play. 5* should only be accessible for the top players otherwise if all of us can grind for a 5*, it just kills the progression of the game.

You can't really grind 500k. Even after I popped all my hoarded crystals and spent about £500, I was still only on about 620k chips. 500k is save for an extra month and grind or spend a little.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    @Totherkins yeah..based on comments so far, it really looks more on the side of impossible than a stretch
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    It needs to be $500k, but can you unring that bell now?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Vavatron wrote: »

Just an observation.. in order to put this in perspective.

Does 500k really make it better?

Right now, 1 million chips is inaccessible for virtually everyone except spenders, unless you hoard lots of shards for months.

This kinda makes it equal for everyone.

Lowering it to 500k chips suddenly makes it accessible for the top tier f2p players, but nobody else. This will fuel the "rich get richer, poor stay poor" perception already prevalent on the forums.

Just food for thought
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Manthro wrote: »

Just an observation.. in order to put this in perspective.

Does 500k really make it better?

Right now, 1 million chips is inaccessible for virtually everyone except spenders, unless you hoard lots of shards for months.

This kinda makes it equal for everyone.

Lowering it to 500k chips suddenly makes it accessible for the top tier f2p players, but nobody else. This will fuel the "rich get richer, poor stay poor" perception already prevalent on the forums.

Just food for thought

1m isn't even really achievable for spenders unless you're spending in excess of 15 Grimlocks either unless you spend an awful lot.

500k would make it accessible for lower spenders and probably encourage a bit of spending - from a business point of view it definitely makes more sense to lower it a little. Maybe not 500k, although I think it's right (you still wont get a dupe)
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    They’ll probably play around with the chip amount until they have the highest amount of spending. Though, I’m sure the featured bot will be a big contributing factor if people want to spend for it or not.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited July 2018
    Agree with @Manthro here,,, although I can't Collect more than 250k chips,,, I think value of 5* is somewhat reasonable....
    And who needs to collect that much,,, all you have do is buy a Headstrong crystals.....
    I've bought total of five headstrong crystals,,, and I got 5* Demotron and 4* Kickback,,, good rewards for 1500 energon ,,pretty decent reward IMO
    Or they can lower it to 750k
  • Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580

I could buy a house and a used Lamborghini for $500k.
  • Kabam :Only way To build a 5* roaster, is you need to open 20 4* bots, or collect shards by extreme hard missions OR buy them.
    Me *depressed* : Let's try Headstrong crystals.
    Kabam : Sometimes, We like to be kidding around a bit!

Noob: pulls 5* from one headstrong crystal
  • PiconiaPiconia Posts: 106
    edited August 2018
    447k chips with opening some crystals as the month started, and now i got around 60 waiting for the new month. No cash spent. No raids for extra chips. 500k is doable. Barely :-)
  • Kabam :Only way To build a 5* roaster, is you need to open 20 4* bots, or collect shards by extreme hard missions OR buy them.
    Me *depressed* : Let's try Headstrong crystals.
    Kabam : Sometimes, We like to be kidding around a bit!

Noob: pulls 5* from one headstrong crystal

A noob can’t. Headstrong crystals are only for level forty or something
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    edited August 2018
    I think final total for me on chips this month is 730k. Only way I see getting more is dropping some serious cash even hoarding crystals for 2 months id think you'd still have to spend cash. Hopefully it's changed.