Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Wheeljack's Signature Ability is Broken with the Recovery/Nano-Repair Mastery

RalphoRalpho Posts: 15
edited August 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
When Wheeljack is awakened and he activates his force shield, he is able to regenerate health to just above the 75/50/25% threshold while the force shield is active, thus allowing him to reactivate it as soon as it's over and he gets hit again. I stumbled upon this problem in arena, which I posted a video of.

I don't see it being too much of a problem for now, given that there are no alliance wars and enemies in quests don't have masteries, but it is still a nuisance that I believe was unintentional, and should probably be removed from the game. I recommend changing his signature ability so that each threshold can only proc his force shield once per fight.

If anyone else has any thoughts, I'd love to hear them! Thanks, this is my first forum post.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIkYTTRojWA

Comments

• Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    I don't think this is broken at all, this is just a consequence of a player's chosen mastery. In fact in Expert, Wheeljack is on a mod that has a chance to repair him and it might take a few tries to break through his force shield levels.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Doesn't he get like 400 HP over 60 seconds when nano-repair is maxed out?

I'm not seeing how that's problem. Just survive one minute with him and then the nano repair will run out. It's more of a nuisance than a bug or broken game mechanic..
  • RalphoRalpho Posts: 15
    edited August 2018
    True, but when you look at other examples of abilities such as Ironhide's signature ability (and Gamora's in MCOC), they can only trigger once per fight. Those are damaging abilities, though, so let's look at some healing ones (most will be from MCOC because my knowledge of bots and abilities isn't as great on TF)

Megatron ROTF: Once per fight, heal at 10%
    Waspinator: Once per fight, revive to x% health after a killing blow
    Deadpool: Once per fight, heal at 15%
    Goldpool: Once per fight, heal at 35% and once per fight heal at 15%
    Iron Man: Once per fight, heal at 15%
    Superior Iron Man: Once per fight, heal at 15%
    Iron Patriot: Once per fight, heal at 15%
    Hela: Once per fight, go indestructible when a killing blow would be struck
    Heimdall synergies: Once per fight, all other champions indestructible when a killing blow would be struck
    Heimdall again: Once per fight, all other champions dash back and regenerate 15% health
    Heimdall yet agian: Once per fight, all other champions gain a fury for 15% attack
    Heimdall for the last time: Once per fight, all other champions gain a critical rate buff for 250

And I'm sure there are more examples. Despite whether or not you think it's broken, it is most certainly inconsistent with how Kabam usually handles abilities such as these.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Oh well, what can I tell you. This game is this game. Ratchet can "Emergency Repair" more than once. Grimlock can Purify as much as he wants. Primal can heal from bleeds as much as he wants. Wheeljack is certainly not inconsistent with this game.
    edited August 2018
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Oh well, what can I tell you. This game is this game. Ratchet can "Emergency Repair" more than once. Grimlock can Purify as much as he wants. Primal can heal from bleeds as much as he wants. Wheeljack is certainly not inconsistent with this game.

Ratchet's repair is consistent with Nebula, whose ability is its predecessor and is practically the same.

Grimlock's purify is consistent with Agent Venom's tenacity, which isn't guaranteed but can still happen more than once.

Doctor Strange can life steal as much as he wants (when it's active), which is the closest comparison I can think of to Primal's heal.

When it comes to abilities triggering, they are always consistent between the two games. When it comes to healing activated at a health percentage threshold, it is always such that a character cannot proc that healing again, which would be the closest comparison to the force shield.

The only other thing that would come close to the force shield mechanic would be Luke Cage's indestructible, which can happen more than once per fight, but isn't set to a certain threshold of health and is on a rather long timer (at signature 99 on a four-star champion, 26 seconds, meaning it most likely won't happen more than once per fight unless he is on a boss/miniboss node in AW/AQ).

As for nodes, they are made to push a champion/bot to be able to do what they aren't normally supposed to do. That's why there are nodes in MCOC that do allow for champions such as Goldpool to heal more than once at his thresholds. If it were a simple node issue in the event quest, it wouldn't be a problem, but it's not.

Additionally, the logic of "just wait a minute for it to time out" shouldn't be used to justify it. When they do add alliance wars to TF, the fights will almost definitely be on a timer similar to the one in MCOC, so a minute can not only mean the difference between winning and losing, but also winning and timing out.
  • CarverCarver Posts: 82
    Lol you won the lottery kid. Gotta learn to think big picture before you get into forums. This bot has been nerfed twice already. Don’t ruin his other uses.

Carver wrote: »
    Lol you won the lottery kid. Gotta learn to think big picture before you get into forums. This bot has been nerfed twice already. Don’t ruin his other uses.

I know he was fixed when it comes to his damage mods (which isn't a nerf, again the stacking based on base attack rather than modified attack is consistent with all other examples in both games), what was the other 'nerf'?
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    He'll be really useless if that happens to be once per Fight. Cause he has low HP, Low Attack.
    He'll be really useless if that happens to be once per Fight. Cause he has low HP, Low Attack.

I don't think he'll be useless. He's a tech bot. His stats are consistent with other tech bots, and his kit is unique and provides good buffs to his base stats. He can also heal a minimum of 10% off every special 3 he activates, so making it such that he's fair to fight against doesn't seem like making him useless.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited August 2018
    Repair from Spotlight Equalizer mod is intended torture. The only thing which seems a bit weird is with nano repair, but you only meet those WJs from a player (Arena, Raid). Bring Dot bots, his nano repair cannot outrun any dot. Or, if you have Scout Bee, crush that shield.

This is something to take into your advantage and you're asking to nerf it. Hilarious. But I don't think people can succeed talking sense to you.
    Repair from Spotlight Equalizer mod is intended torture. The only thing which seems a bit weird is with nano repair, but you only meet those WJs from a player (Arena, Raid). Bring Dot bots, his nano repair cannot outrun any dot. Or, if you have Scout Bee, crush that shield.

This is something to take into your advantage and you're asking to nerf it. Hilarious. But I don't think people can succeed talking sense to you.

First off mate, try to avoid insults. This is supposed to be civil discourse, and me holding a differing opinion from you doesn’t make it any less valid.

Second, not eveyone has a high tier G1 Bee, and I’m not worried about it for arena I’m worried about it for AW. I’m also worried about consistency in the games, as I’m sure I’ve made perfectly clear.

Ralpho wrote: »

First off mate, try to avoid insults. This is supposed to be civil discourse, and me holding a differing opinion from you doesn’t make it any less valid.

Second, not eveyone has a high tier G1 Bee, and I’m not worried about it for arena I’m worried about it for AW. I’m also worried about consistency in the games, as I’m sure I’ve made perfectly clear.

If by AW you mean Alliance Missions, there's no WJs in AM. Even if there is, AI never has nano repair.

If by AW you mean Alliance Missions, there's no WJs in AM. Even if there is, AI never has nano repair.

AW means Alliance War.

AW means Alliance War.

So you're saying there will be AW in this game? Nice to know and let's see.

AW means Alliance War.

So you're saying there will be AW in this game? Nice to know and let's see.

I’m pretty sure it was confirmed by KABAM, but even if it wasn’t, I can’t imagine they wouldn’t add it at some point.
  • Most important thing about wheeljack it needs more damage when he has 3x attack upgrade but he is same without these upgrades it should be different. @Kabam Vydious
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    @Ralpho , Alliance Wars must not be added to this game.. Like said earlier, even weakest of DoTs Like hounds burn, can outrun Nano repair. And there is a large quantity of bots which have DoTs... In Arenas and Raids, he can prove to be quite surprise, .
    But yeah, to prevent misuse by player to finish Hardest of missions, they should do something that Nano repair don't trigger it again but his own or MOD repairs do like. If his Max health is 10k,his bar will stop at 7500, but to trigger shield again, his current health must be 7550.
    @Ralpho , Alliance Wars must not be added to this game.. Like said earlier, even weakest of DoTs Like hounds burn, can outrun Nano repair. And there is a large quantity of bots which have DoTs... In Arenas and Raids, he can prove to be quite surprise, .
    But yeah, to prevent misuse by player to finish Hardest of missions, they should do something that Nano repair don't trigger it again but his own or MOD repairs do like. If his Max health is 10k,his bar will stop at 7500, but to trigger shield again, his current health must be 7550.

There's no need to prevent something when nano just goes off in one minute. Even a Master fight on the hardest path lasts over that period now that WJ's output is so low. Not to mention ROTK.

There's no need to prevent something when nano just goes off in one minute. Even a Master fight on the hardest path lasts over that period now that WJ's output is so low. Not to mention ROTK.

For AW there is, given that fights are timed and bots aren’t as crazy powerful as master mode bots when placed on defense by other players.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752

You don't need Scout Bee to crash WJ shield.

Cheetor can do it as well... So can Starscream.

There are options for getting around the nano repair/shield mechanic.

It's not broken at all. It's at most 60 seconds of dancing around.

Finally a potentially legitimate frustrating base defender that has the ability to actually win some base defenses and you want to change it.

Unnecessary.
    Manthro wrote: »

Finally a potentially legitimate frustrating base defender that has the ability to actually win some base defenses and you want to change it.

Unnecessary.

Bonecrusher.

Ultra Magnus.

Grindor.

Bee.

Rhinox.

Shockwave.

Lots of good base defenders.

edited August 2018

Unnecessary.

Bonecrusher.

Ultra Magnus.

Grindor.

Bee.

Rhinox.

Shockwave.

Lots of good base defenders.

None of those are good base defenders except maybe UM, but he's too predictable.

Every single one has multiple hard counters, or just plain easy to fight.

Base defenders are (in no particular order)

Demo Megatron
    OG Megatron
    IH
    Galvatron
    Arcee
    Bludgeon
    Wheeljack
    Cheetor
    Ratchet (with specific mods)
    Waspinator
    Motormaster
    Oh, and Barricade
    Oh, and Barricade
    Mate by fixing this he won’t be useless.
  • 1. This is not MCOC. MCOC champs can not relate 100% to TFTF bots.
    2. As someone already said, DOT bots destroy his shields.
    3. If you don’t have a DOT bot to kill him with, then consider a nullifier.
    4. If you don’t have either of those, consider trying to upgrade your bot roster. There are many, many bots with DOT.
    5. You’re forgetting that below 50% ratchet heals as much as you choose to have him heal. Below 50% he can heal until his health goes back above it.
  • splendicsplendic Posts: 56
    edited August 2018
    Just encountered this on a raid. 4* maxed Wheeljack on a robot resource just staying at 75% health. Had to drop Jazz's s3 so that Wheeljack could slowly take himself out with backfire. I thought it was a bug at first because I forgot about his healing.

So once his heal finishes, then you can start dropping him back down again, right?

Doesn't seem too hard to get around. He might be good paired with the exo-filter to try and prevent debuffs from pulling him under the shield levels. Or the heal module to keep pumping him above the shield level.

Very frustrating to deal with at first, but I think it's relatively rare for his heal to engage, right?
  • Personally I just spam cheetos special 1 for heal block
  • IchieIchie Posts: 16
    splendic wrote: »
    Just encountered this on a raid. 4* maxed Wheeljack on a robot resource just staying at 75% health. Had to drop Jazz's s3 so that Wheeljack could slowly take himself out with backfire. I thought it was a bug at first because I forgot about his healing.

So once his heal finishes, then you can start dropping him back down again, right?

Doesn't seem too hard to get around. He might be good paired with the exo-filter to try and prevent debuffs from pulling him under the shield levels. Or the heal module to keep pumping him above the shield level.

Very frustrating to deal with at first, but I think it's relatively rare for his heal to engage, right?

True, just don't let him construct an upgrade. Or keep using heavy attacks and hope it crits so you can destroy his upgrade, unless he has 3 upgrades he can't repair. AI using him can barely repairs with sp3
    edited August 2018
    Oh, and Barricade
    Mate by fixing this he won’t be useless.
    JayBird01 wrote: »
    1. This is not MCOC. MCOC champs can not relate 100% to TFTF bots.
    2. As someone already said, DOT bots destroy his shields.
    3. If you don’t have a DOT bot to kill him with, then consider a nullifier.
    4. If you don’t have either of those, consider trying to upgrade your bot roster. There are many, many bots with DOT.
    5. You’re forgetting that below 50% ratchet heals as much as you choose to have him heal. Below 50% he can heal until his health goes back above

1. This is KABAM, I can compare MCOC to TF as much as I want.
    2. Consistency
    3. Consistency
    4. Consistency

It isn’t a hard concept.
  • Ralpho wrote: »
    1. This is KABAM, I can compare MCOC to TF as much as I want.
    2. Consistency
    3. Consistency
    4. Consistency

It isn’t a hard concept.

Yes this might be kabam but it is a different game. You can’t compare it. It is just like saying that you can compare Ghost recon (a console game) and rainbow six siege (a console game and pc game) because it is made by the same company.

Wheeljack is fine the way he is. No one else has complained about him and it is not hard to verse him with the nano repair. As everyone else had been saying, just move around for a bit if you are so concerned about it. I just play as I normally would and I don’t see the difference. There a lot of different counters to him as the shields don’t stop things like shocks and bleeds etc. He is fine the way he is.