Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bot Intel Report - Wheeljack

Comments

• MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    In terms of healing he can't touch Ratchet. His heals are random except for sp3 which heals a random 10-20%. Realistically you can only apply this once per fight unless it's a long boss fight.
    qcsy0de1i6si.jpeg
    Nooooo!
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    A nerf always comes so quickly. This is another example of Kabam not needing to rely on statistics for their decisions.
    h334sgovit7t.jpeg
    His upgrades were too good...
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Yeah I gotta agree with Manthro. He's still awesome, he just takes a little longer to dispatch guys than when he was roiding out on very unreasonable attack stacks.

I'm gonna r3 my 5 star as soon as I get the 3 sparks needed to do it (so some time next year) and then give him a permanent spot on the AM squad. He's not better than Ratchet or worse than Ratchet, he's just an alternative to him that will still appeal to a lot of players. Plus he's a lot of fun to use for a surprisingly simple tech bot (I gotta admit, I was expecting more complicated game mechanics, but it's a nice simplicity).

Give him some time; he'll grow on you.

We will give him some time and see. I already R5 my 5s Wheeljack. I have not awakened his Sig yet but I hope it will help him survive.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited August 2018
    And I too agree with Manthro and Synthwave... His sign is pretty very reliable, if you get power upgrade, healing becomes common, his resistance is a good backup.
    And Techs are really not supposed to be giving high damage output. I'm using and HE IS A GREAT AND A RELIABLE BOT, His synergy far very useful, which benefits himself too... His heal is also very good, although it's quite uncommon.
    He does not need a specific gameplay, you can use the way you feel it.
    Only problem with WJ is his ranged Small bullets does feel like real ranged attacks ... Lol
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    Yeah, at first I thought ‘nerfed!’
    But after looking at it a bit more closely, this was clearly a bug. That damage output was way too high.
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    Im damn impressed with him. My R4 took down 5 bots with twice his power rating in Master and I still kept him at 100% with his SP3 heal. Plus his upgrades may not always be amazingly obvious but each one helps him a lot.

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    iuJacob wrote: »
    But after looking at it a bit more closely, this was clearly a bug. That damage output was way too high.

Oh well. So they really went exponential like: Attack^1.3^1.3^1.3?
  • Chrome2279Chrome2279 Posts: 135
    So how does WheelJack rank amoung all the other tech bots?
    edited August 2018
    Chrome2279 wrote: »
    So how does WheelJack rank amoung all the other tech bots?

Unlike other classes, All techs stand best in their own rights, WJ is no exception.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    iuJacob wrote: »

Oh well. So they really went exponential like: Attack^1.3^1.3^1.3?

It was more like this:

Base attack *1.3

Buffed attack *1.6

Buffed attack *1.9

It was way outta control.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    So far it seems like WJ may be one of the best new bots. I’m trying to confirm if the fix was pushed because I just used him on master megatron and he destroyed him. He’s similar to Mirage in a jack of all trades sense. It’s false to think his s3 would only come once you can stack his power upgrades and fire s3 a lot. Combine that with keeping his shield above the thresholds and he has major survivability. Three offense stacks and s3 shock is great.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Do you guys find WJ a bit dark on most stages? I know he's a off white color but it's like he has a permanent shadow. There's only one stage where he doesn't have that "shadow". Bonecrusher and Motormaster should be the same color but they don't have that "shadow".
  • Wheeljack after the fix, for me, does low damage now. his special 3 combined with 3 offensive upgrades does so low damage. i know it heals and thats great but, he is not so strong as he used to be. he should get a damage buff to make his special 3 stronger. now shockwave is better.
  • AresAres Posts: 38
    It feels like beating a dead horse here in regards to the attack level, but as I sit here and do the math the numbers don’t add up. Jack is a great and can possibly be the best bot in the game in my opinion. I see the reason for the nerf and I understand it, but you guys messed up again. Yet, since this suites you guys, you’re not in a rush to correct it. Wheel-Jack’s offensive upgrade is not giving the numbers that it should giving the fact that the upgrades should stack.

Now from what you stated the upgrades should take from the base and add that to current, please let me know if I am wrong. If this is true then with three offensive upgrades at 30% Jack’s numbers should be near double. I don’t see that happening. Is anyone else noticing this?

Example: if his shot hits at 228 (non critical) then with three offensive upgrades it should be 433 (again non critical). Also again, please let me know if I am wrong?
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited August 2018
    Ares wrote: »
    Example: if his shot hits at 228 (non critical) then with three offensive upgrades it should be 433 (again non critical). Also again, please let me know if I am wrong?

In this situation..stacked percentages are added because it is based on his base level....so 433 is correct. or at least that how I understood the changes.

• SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Ares wrote: »
    It feels like beating a dead horse here in regards to the attack level, but as I sit here and do the math the numbers don’t add up. Jack is a great and can possibly be the best bot in the game in my opinion. I see the reason for the nerf and I understand it, but you guys messed up again. Yet, since this suites you guys, you’re not in a rush to correct it. Wheel-Jack’s offensive upgrade is not giving the numbers that it should giving the fact that the upgrades should stack.

Now from what you stated the upgrades should take from the base and add that to current, please let me know if I am wrong. If this is true then with three offensive upgrades at 30% Jack’s numbers should be near double. I don’t see that happening. Is anyone else noticing this?

@Kabam Miike or @Kabam Vydious can you speak into this? Are the percentages for armor, power gain, and attack all working as they should?
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    Agree after the fix his sp1 does more damage then his sp3.
  • TKOTKO Posts: 246
    Manthro wrote: »
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    Sadly after this instant fix Wheeljack is going to be just underwhelming. His heal is undependable except on his sp3. His shield and power gain upgrades were useless. Only his offence upgrade was amazing. Please don't nerf him to uselessness. I loved him and brought him to max R5. If I knew they were going to need him within 1 day I would not have done that

A - he wasn't nerfed. He was not functioning properly. Anyone with a brain knew that the moment they stacked 3 attack buffs on him. Come on, intentional ignorance is very transparent. No one is buying it.

Kabam does this ALL THE TIME. Especially in MCOC.

They release a new champion/bot that seems to be EXTREMELY overpowered and wait a few days so everyone can see how amazing the new addition is and possibly spend all their $$$$$ and Units/Energon trying to obtain said character until they finally come out with a statement on how the new champion/bot is actually "bugged and not working as intended"

Side thing that happened with this same tactics: In MCOC when the Labyrinth of Legends was first opened. There was a "bug" that gave an INSANE amount of %% added to attack when using an attack boost which allowed the first few players who realized this to go through a path with an extreme amount of ease.

After this was "settled" and "fixed", Kabam then adjusted the map to counter the REALLY useful champions that these players used to get through the first path which made them almost useless to everyone else going forward.
  • 0VERKILL0VERKILL Posts: 75
    edited August 2018
    Any chance we could get more or at least more realistic mod recommendations in the bot Intel reports? More than two recomendtions would always be helpful, and its been way too fashionable to just go and say "tech console" or "transwarp cell" on every Intel report, but these are extremely rare and most don't have them. It's not like we don't already know that these OP mods would work well with the bots and we don't need it reiterated, so constantly putting them on the Intel report is helping nobody. Can we instead get more creative mod suggestions for the common mods? That would help far more people.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    0VERKILL wrote: »
    Any chance we could get more or at least more realistic mod recommendations in the bot Intel reports? More than two recomendtions would always be helpful, and its been way too fashionable to just go and say "tech console" or "transwarp cell" on every Intel report, but these are extremely rare and most don't have them. It's not like we don't already know that these OP mods would work well with the bots and we don't need it reiterated, so constantly putting them on the Intel report is helping nobody. Can we instead get more creative mod suggestions for the common mods? That would help far more people.

What is stopping you from thinking about that on your own?
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    TKO wrote: »
    Sadly after this instant fix Wheeljack is going to be just underwhelming. His heal is undependable except on his sp3. His shield and power gain upgrades were useless. Only his offence upgrade was amazing. Please don't nerf him to uselessness. I loved him and brought him to max R5. If I knew they were going to need him within 1 day I would not have done that

A - he wasn't nerfed. He was not functioning properly. Anyone with a brain knew that the moment they stacked 3 attack buffs on him. Come on, intentional ignorance is very transparent. No one is buying it.

They release a new champion/bot that seems to be EXTREMELY overpowered and wait a few days so everyone can see how amazing the new addition is and possibly spend all their $$$$$ and Units/Energon trying to obtain said character until they finally come out with a statement on how the new champion/bot is actually "bugged and not working as intended"

Side thing that happened with this same tactics: In MCOC when the Labyrinth of Legends was first opened. There was a "bug" that gave an INSANE amount of %% added to attack when using an attack boost which allowed the first few players who realized this to go through a path with an extreme amount of ease.

After this was "settled" and "fixed", Kabam then adjusted the map to counter the REALLY useful champions that these players used to get through the first path which made them almost useless to everyone else going forward.

At least Kabam doesn't ban people for exploiting their bugs
  • 0VERKILL0VERKILL Posts: 75
    What is stopping you from thinking about that on your own?

Ever hear the expression "2 heads are better than one"? Sheesh...

And if I could come up with everything on my own, what would be the point of coming on here?
  • TKOTKO Posts: 246
    Gunz0 wrote: »

Actually they do... There was a bug in Mcoc that people were exploiting and a bunch of people ended up getting banned...
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Gunz0 wrote: »

Actually they do... There was a bug in Mcoc that people were exploiting and a bunch of people ended up getting banned...

I meant Kabaam didn't ban bug exploiters in TFTF. How they treat their MCOC players is just plain sad
    They might be banned upon charges of Spamming,,
    Report a Bug, and add just constructive posts on that bug thread either of solution or providing more info of the bug.
    But some, People tend to say "Kabam is asleep", "they don't hear", "Where the hell is Kabam, aren't you guy just supposed to answer us" etc etc etc...
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    How random is Wheeljack heal on S3? It’s uncanny how often it seems I only get 10%.