Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bumblebee (Movie) Discussion Thread

Omega_benOmega_ben Posts: 78
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
That's right a new Trailer for Bumblebee is coming out tomorrow And I myself just got exicted over about a 20 second tease what do you all think of these designs for Optimus, soundwave and Ravage ?sgen2jbn2ct1.png
upzhw2o8hukj.png
of3dqcm7ad8e.png
ungrd702onyx.png
sxr47dhk5ec0.png

Comments

• KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    cannot explain how happy and excited i am.. the g1 esque designs are too good
  • Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    Really loving the concept of g1 here. Sound wave and ravage look great and I can’t see Optimus that well but from what I see he looks pretty good. Hopefully this movie doesn’t flop like the bay movies. Even mentioning that name gives me chills...
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    So is Soundwave going to transform into a small Walkman that can fit into Spike’s backpack?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited September 2018
    Darm0k wrote: »
    So is Soundwave going to transform into a small Walkman that can fit into Spike’s backpack?

And it would still make more sense than 3 bots that transform into the worst combiner ever.... Reflector.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited September 2018
    An insult to G1! We Swear! (Jk)
    Finally, the characters don't look so over detailed that they look like scrap, but they also don't look blocky either.
    Manthro wrote: »
    Darm0k wrote: »

And it would still make more sense than 3 bots that transform into the worst combiner ever.... Reflector.

What's just as bad is Megatron turning into a gun. I tiny gun that requires his own minions to fire.
  • AnnatarAnnatar Posts: 101
    Nope, not like it. For live action i still prefer Bayversions.
    All G-like designs looks like they came from the bad videogame or 3d animated series, and they looks awful with real humans on screen and real enviroment
    Kitten wrote: »
    Annatar wrote: »
    All G-like designs looks like they came from the bad videogame or 3d animated series, and they looks awful with real humans on screen and real enviroment

burn him!!!
    Oh, sorry, okay, from a good video game.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998

Qué?!
    latest?cb=20110925212145

• Annatar wrote: »

You are in the wrong place @Annatar

Also, cool Tolkien reference.
    edited September 2018
    Vavatron wrote: »

Why? Isn't it Trasformers site? Well, Transformers take big role of my life. In 1993, when our TV in Russia first broadcasted SuperGod Masterforce it was HUGE! We literally gone crazy for Transformers . After that was Victory, later G1 and Headmasters. We, kids 10-12 years was totally obsessed with them. I still have couple toys from that time. One our channel broadcast these four series on circle without a daybrake for several years! (Also Voltrons). Hell, russian translations of the names become a meme )

Later was Beast Wars in 1999, only first season (and you know how it ends), but on other channel and they mess up with translation badly, almost broke all connection that it was actually Transformes. (Like, Optimus Primal was named King Kong, and Cybertron - Cyberon, lol)
    And after that was Internet and all other series and FINALLY, the original voiceovers.
    Later, not long before first Bay-Movie, there was a new wave of popularity, and first movie burst it up.
    lol, i met my future wive in Transformers fan meetings)

I see them all. Love them all. (Well, almost all, Japanese Beast Wars are too goofy, and Transformers GO! was plain awful and stupid. Also, i deeply respect G1 for being the FIRST, but imho, other series are far superior in both story and design).
    But in the end, i truly believe, that bayformers is the best looks for Live Action Movie. They look natural for alien mechanical life-form. Yes, there is a few stupid desigh, like Q above and some others (mainly Autobots, by the way, hmmmm) but its because ther desing trying too more "humane"

Desing is this movie.... No, it is not fit in real world. It awesome for cartoon or videogame, but not for the movie, bots looks out of place, like toons from "Roger Rabbit".

Thanks ;)

Why? Isn't it Trasformers site? Well, Transformers take big role of my life. In 1993, when our TV in Russia first broadcasted SuperGod Masterforce it was HUGE! We literally gone crazy for Transformers . After that was Victory, later G1 and Headmasters. We, kids 10-12 years was totally obsessed with them. I still have couple toys from that time. One our channel broadcast these four series on circle without a daybrake for several years! (Also Voltrons). Hell, russian translations of the names become a meme )

Later was Beast Wars in 1999, only first season (and you know how it ends), but on other channel and they mess up with translation badly, almost broke all connection that it was actually Transformes. (Like, Optimus Primal was named King Kong, and Cybertron - Cyberon, lol)
    And after that was Internet and all other series and FINALLY, the original voiceovers.
    Later, not long before first Bay-Movie, there was a new wave of popularity, and first movie burst it up.

I see them all. Love them all. (Well, almost all, Japanese Beast Wars are too goofy, and Transformers GO! was plain awful and stupid. Also, i deeply respect G1 for being the FIRST, but imho, other series are far superior in both story and design).
    But in the end, i truly believe, that bayformers is the best looks for Live Action Movie. They look natural for alien mechanical life-form. Yes, there is a few stupid desigh, like Q above and some others (mainly Autobots, by the way, hmmmm) but its because ther desing trying too more "humane"

Desing is this movie.... No, it is not fit in real world. It awesome for cartoon or videogame, but not for the movie, bots looks out of place, like toons from "Roger Rabbit".

Thanks ;)

To each their own. Transformers exists because of G1 and all of their beautiful shapes and colours. Cars and planes can have different colours you know.

"They look natural for alien mechanical life" What does this even mean? Are mechanical aliens all supposed to complicated, ugly and be silver in colour? Is that what mechanical aliens naturally look like??

Bayformers was just a bad experiment as far as I am concerned. You don't see drastic changes to Wonder Woman, Superman, The Flash, etc. in their current-day movies do you? Why? Because people love them in their original look, because they work like that. That's what made them famous, 60, 70, 80 or whatever amount of years ago. Nobody says, Wonder Woman is an Amazon goddess she should be big, green, ugly and muscular, that is more natural for a strong Amazon warrior. Nobody complains that they look too cartoonish for action movies.

To each their own but the pictures posted here is like what the movie Transformers should have looked like in the first place because that is who they are.

• KennyKenny Posts: 309
    People have to come to terms with people like different things. Older generations probably prefer g1, while younger generations prefer the live action films.

Remember when you first seen the g1 transformers and fell in love with it? Well with today’s kids seeing the micheal bay films it’s no different.

Personally, I wasn’t alive when the first g1 show came on, actually the first time I ever saw anything transformers related was the original 2007 live action film, and I loved it. It struck my young self as really cool with things blowing up like crazy.

I’m pretty sure there intended audience is teenagers, not those who originally fell in love with g1. The movies go through what all kids love, blowing stuff up, and looking cool doing it.

To this day I’ve never seen an episode of g1, And I’ll probably never go back to watch it. I loved all of the movies, as following the original storyline, character designs, etc are simply things I don’t care about since I started transformers in the “bay verse”.

Aside from the live action films, the only other transformers related series I’ve watched is transformers prime. I loved that show as well.

Come to terms with it, transformers attracts two distinctly different audiences now, an older g1 lovers, and a younger movie lovers: it’s not a bad thing.
  • Looks great! I’m ready for that trailer!

Thanks ;)

I was totally just teasing!
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited September 2018
    Personally I love g1. I was a kid then but I also love MOST of the Bayformers. I don't like the ones like Hound or "Que"...robots don't smoke bullets, grow facial hair, go bald, or get fat.
    Other than that, designs such as MixMaster, Bonecrusher, Arcee....the really non-humanoid type forms are what I'd consider an alien robot to be. I also can really appreciate the detail of the first couple of films in that I could pick out car part... Bumblebee actually had an Edelbrock intake on his back, and a license plate.
    Those were lost when trying to make them funny or stereotypical like Drift was. I liked Jetfires design but the old man farting thing ruined it for me.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited September 2018
    8wcf2cko52wc.png
    SHOCKWAVE!!!..... And StarScream?
    Ramjet behind them And thundercracker? On extreme right
  • Whatever, it's sure this movie is very likely to break record of all bay movies combined.
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    I need warpath and this movie is complete
  • 8wcf2cko52wc.png

A guy in my alliance is pretty sure its Acid Storm in the green.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    OK, G1 and Bayverse fans.
    Since the 21st Dec BUMBLEBEE movie is an amalgamation of universes (aesthetically, at least), let's discuss
    designs, toys, etc. RELATED to the films on this thread, to AVOID clutter.
    What say you, devs and mods? @Kabam Pepper @Kabam Miike @Kabam Rimehaven @Kabam Tenebrous
    Pictures via TFW2005.com and me + PSD.rh4lok6m928n.jpg
    h3qpxqdlyiff.jpg
    rrpev3b20rrn.jpg
    v3k9sbgkdvac.jpg
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    i’m just overjoyed with the new designs, not so much for dropkick and shatter but for shock boy, soundwave, Prime, blitzwing, bee and everyone else it’s amazing
    Kitten wrote: »
    i’m just overjoyed with the new designs, not so much for dropkick and shatter but for shock boy, soundwave, Prime, blitzwing, bee and everyone else it’s amazing

Now all they need to do is get their PERSONALITIES right.
    They're far more than cannon-fodder for Bay's Murdermus Prime.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    Most of them look like they would go well in a video game to me
    Kenny wrote: »
    Most of them look like they would go well in a video game to me

Only the best video game ever, for my inner 5yr old!
    Agreed, though. Every movie after the first has had progressively worse CGI.
    They had weight and mass in the first.
    2nd onwards they had ninja agility.
    REALLY keeping my fingers crossed for this.
  • I can't wait for the toys
  • I am so excited about this. FTF player base is about to boom.
  • 8wcf2cko52wc.png

A guy in my alliance is pretty sure its Acid Storm in the green.

According to an article i just read,it could be dirge.