REQUIREMENTS guide.

Hey @Kabam Miike @Kabam Pepper @Kabam Rimehaven ,
I've an IDEA to make LIVES SIMPLE FOR ALL.

Instead of the constant "What the?" and whining from the F2F community,
why not publish a sticky thread with CONFIRMED working specs, so people can see for themselves if they're barking up the wrong tree.

Example:

Minimum Requirements:
- Android 7.0
- 1.3GHz Quad Core (+ short example list)
- 2 GB RAM
- GPU (e.g Mali T720MP2, etc)
- OpenGLEs 2.0
- minimum space

Recommended:
- Android 7.0+
- 2.0GHz+ Octa Core
- 4GB+ RAM
- GPU Mali G71MP8, Adreno 540, etc.
- OpenGLEs 3.0

...and so on. And the same for Apple devices. Not everyone knows about the kabam.force.com page (which was last updated Nov.2017!!!).
Tagged:
«1345

Comments

  • Wish they could really do that.
    At least, they could tell, This device runs game with least crahes and reasonable Graphics(no screen obstacles)
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 1,358
    Wish they could really do that.
    At least, they could tell, This device runs game with least crahes and reasonable Graphics(no screen obstacles)

    LOGICAL, ISN'T IT?
    Too many devs are afraid to turn away potential customers.
    What happens instead is you get a miserable experience due to glitches and non compatibility despite running top tier devices.
    How else could you explain my miserable iPad Pro, Moto Z and Pixel experience?
    (But amusingly smooth sailing on the sub $100 cheapos like the Moto C Plus!)
    This game has 20M+ downloads, so c'mon!
  • Personally, the phone is running has low CPU, 1.2GHz but quite good ram 1900MB . And this experienced no crashes OR bugs. Despite slow load screens.
    Whole 2.4GHz and 1600MB ram Galaxy S5 crashes quite often.
    This phone has reasonable features so it uses only 800-950 MB as normal. Rest for other active apps.
    While S5 has 950-1150 MB already filled.
    Higher graphics require more ram. Love graphic, higher ram, game smooth.
  • When I play on iPad Pro, the controls don’t works well

    For exemple, when I blocking, sometimes my bot run crazy in the enemy's direction
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 1,358
    When I play on iPad Pro, the controls don’t works well

    For exemple, when I blocking, sometimes my bot run crazy in the enemy's direction

    Happens on some Androids, too!
    (Moto M 7.0, Moto e⁴ Plus 7.1.1, Moto C Plus 7.0, Moto Z 8.0).
    Ever since the F2F 7.0 update.
    Amongst many niggling bugs.
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 187
    Exactly the reason there's no suggested requirements. The game has its own opinion on the devices.

    For instance I was playing on Xiami Mi Mix2s before I dropped it and cracked the display. The device itself is with Snapdragon 845, 6gb ram and Android 8. The game lagged as hell and every third fight on the loading screen it crashed.

    After that I've returned to my old phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 with Snapdragon 650 with 3 gb ram and Android 7 (the device itself should be 3 times slower), but haven't experienced crashes nor huge lags in two months.

    It's illogical for flagship phone to behave worse than 3 years old mid-tier phone, but well, as I said the game has its own opinion.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 1,358
    ktomov wrote: »
    Exactly the reason there's no suggested requirements. The game has its own opinion on the devices.

    For instance I was playing on Xiami Mi Mix2s before I dropped it and cracked the display. The device itself is with Snapdragon 845, 6gb ram and Android 8. The game lagged as hell and every third fight on the loading screen it crashed.

    After that I've returned to my old phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 with Snapdragon 650 with 3 gb ram and Android 7 (the device itself should be 3 times slower), but haven't experienced crashes nor huge lags in two months.

    It's illogical for flagship phone to behave worse than 3 years old mid-tier phone, but well, as I said the game has its own opinion.

    I've stated on other threads, that the SD8xx Qualcomm family is a JOKE for this game.
    Take your pick: 801, 805, 808, 810, 820, 845 (835 a rare exception), and THESE rockstars; 615, 617, 625...
    Now,
    Great F2F experience:
    Helio P10, P15, P60, P70, X25
    Mediatek MT6737M, 6739, 6757, 6765, 6750S, 6762

    WEIRD CHEAP SOCS SUPERIOR, SNAPDRAGONS + IOS A's INFERIOR!
  • I had an old asus zenfone 2 with intel chip and the game was slow to load but when the fight started it until it went reasonably well.

    With all the consecrated kabam bugs but the graphics were good and quit only once in a while
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 1,358
    edited October 2018
    After the last UPDATE, I've noticed the iPhone XS is inherently unstable with F2F, with weird heating and dodgy lag if playing over 1hr, especially during AM.

    Again, these are some examples (from my own experience) that give the BEST experience:

    1. <$100 Motorola Moto C Plus MTK6737
    2. <$150 Moto E4 Plus MTK6737
    3. <$150 Moto M Helio P15

    Rather than fry your >$1000 device, these guys may not output the best graphical experience, but 2hr+ of play per session with no crashes? And batteries that last for days despite the F2F grinding? Yes please.

    Available on eBay or AliExpress NEW at low, low prices.
    Also makes for a great travel phone.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 1,358
    New Moto E5 available today.
    SD425, 2-16GB, 4000mAh battery.
    At $100 unlocked, this is the best F2F phone available, ignoring the low rent graphics. But this fella DOES NOT CRASH OR LAG.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 1,358
    Alrighty then.
    After LOADS of testing in AM, Arenas, Daily and Spotlight Missions, the least issues I've had amongst ALL my devices (since the 7.0.1 update) is the ROW market Motorola Moto C Plus with it's MTK6737M and 2-16GB configuration.
    Doesn't look too pretty, and the loading times can be pretty terrible if you don't reboot daily, but:

    8% battery consumption/hr
    NO OVERHEATING
    MINIMAL LAG
    MINIMAL GLITCHES
    JUST $80 (less than some in-game purchases!)

    I was skeptical, but really, I'd save the flagship Android or iPhone from the constant torture this game unleashes on top tier hardware.
    And finally, alternatives are

    Moto M (P15 version, 4-32GB, android 7.0, $126)
    Moto E4 Plus (ROW MTK6737M version, 3-32GB, android 7.1.2, ~$120)
    Moto E5 (US, SD425, 2-16GB, android 8.1, $100)

    PEACE.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 1,358
    Update:
    SD820 compatibility issues causing FC.

    Moto Z
    Moto Z Force
    Samsung S7 Active
    HTC10
    LG V20
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 187
    edited October 2018
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Update:
    SD820 compatibility issues causing FC.

    Moto Z
    Moto Z Force
    Samsung S7 Active
    HTC10
    LG V20

    Damn man. Is this game even running on any non mid to low range SD chipset phone? I've already written it in another thread, but I've had Xiami Mix 2s (now with cracked screen) with sd 845 and the game was crashing between loading screens. Now I'm on my old Redmi note 3 pro with SD 650 and besides the slow loading times between the fights and freezes here and there (in the fights), I don't find such a issues. Do you have other SD 845 phones to test, because I'm considering getting Poco F1 and if the game crashes like on the mix2s I'll definitely quit it. By the way I've experienced crashes on the Note 3 on 7.1+, but not on 6.0. Could the game simply be flawed on newest android versions? Getting to that conclusion, since the MTK cpus, are usually running 2 releases bellow the current android version and as you've reported, there are not much hickups in there.
  • Hey gang -

    Wanted to swing by and let you know we've been monitoring this thread and passing along feedback. Apologies for not dropping in here sooner to let y'all know.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 1,358
    edited October 2018
    ktomov wrote: »
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Update:
    SD820 compatibility issues causing FC.

    Moto Z
    Moto Z Force
    Samsung S7 Active
    HTC10
    LG V20

    Damn man. Is this game even running on any non mid to low range SD chipset phone? I've already written it in another thread, but I've had Xiami Mix 2s (now with cracked screen) with sd 845 and the game was crashing between loading screens. Now I'm on my old Redmi note 3 pro with SD 650 and besides the slow loading times between the fights and freezes here and there (in the fights), I don't find such a issues. Do you have other SD 845 phones to test, because I'm considering getting Poco F1 and if the game crashes like on the mix2s I'll definitely quit it. By the way I've experienced crashes on the Note 3 on 7.1+, but not on 6.0. Could the game simply be flawed on newest android versions? Getting to that conclusion, since the MTK cpus, are usually running 2 releases bellow the current android version and as you've reported, there are not much hickups in there.

    Tested CURRENT Droid SoCs:
    ✔️MTK6737M (moto C+, moto e4+) 7.0
    ✔️Helio P15 (moto M) 7.0
    ✔️SD425 (moto e5+) 8.1
    ✔️SD626 (moto Z2P) 8.0
    ✔️SD630 (moto X4) 8.1
    ✔️SD835 (moto z2 Force) 8.1

    ❌SD625 (moto g5s+, moto ZP) 8.0
    ❌SD820 (moto Z, HTC10, LG V20) 8.0, 7.1
    ❌SD835 (!) RAZER Phone, 7.1.2

    And not to mention SD615, 617, 803, 805, 808, 810 that are ALL UNPLAYABLE despite meeting requirements and running Android 6.0, 7.0 and 7.1

    Kirin SoCs and Exynos 64bit are an EXTREMELY MIXED BAG.

    Sorry i haven't tested the Pocophone F1 or any current Oppo (V9, X, etc).

    As stated before, I'm running F2F on a Moto C Plus 2-16GB (7.0) with a MTK6737 as it's been the most reliable THUS FAR.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 1,358
    edited October 2018
    ktomov wrote: »
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Update:
    SD820 compatibility issues causing FC.

    Moto Z
    Moto Z Force
    Samsung S7 Active
    HTC10
    LG V20

    By the way I've experienced crashes on the Note 3 on 7.1+, but not on 6.0. Could the game simply be flawed on newest android versions? Getting to that conclusion, since the MTK cpus, are usually running 2 releases bellow the current android version and as you've reported, there are not much hickups in there.

    The game seems to chew up the FLAGSHIP SOCS, I've a feeling it's more GPU setting related.
    I've issues on the work iPhone X and also the iPad Pro as well as the XR running ios 12.1 and 12.
    What was previously perfectly fine (moto z play, SD625, Android 6.0) is now completely UNPLAYABLE after the 7.0 game update.
    Same with my previous go to phone, the Moto G5S Plus (SD625, android 8.0).
    Also crashing on Razer Phone 7.1.2 with a SD835. That has 8GB RAM.
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 187
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    The game seems to chew up the FLAGSHIP SOCS, I've a feeling it's more GPU setting related.
    I've issues on the work iPhone X and also the iPad Pro as well as the XR running ios 12.1 and 12.
    What was previously perfectly fine (moto z play, SD625, Android 6.0) is now completely UNPLAYABLE after the 7.0 game update.
    Same with my previous go to phone, the Moto G5S Plus (SD625, android 8.0).
    Also crashing on Razer Phone 7.1.2 with a SD835. That has 8GB RAM.

    Awesome ... and I was thinking of getting the poco with SD845 and 6gb just because the game closes every time I get a phone call, 3GB of ram seems not enough to keep the game and phone call in the same time active.

    Reading this, I'm getting the conclusion that it'll be hit or miss and will probably continue to play on my old phone, because I'm not getting that much of issues on it. Damn.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 1,358
    edited October 2018
    ktomov wrote: »
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    The game seems to chew up the FLAGSHIP SOCS, I've a feeling it's more GPU setting related.
    I've issues on the work iPhone X and also the iPad Pro as well as the XR running ios 12.1 and 12.
    What was previously perfectly fine (moto z play, SD625, Android 6.0) is now completely UNPLAYABLE after the 7.0 game update.
    Same with my previous go to phone, the Moto G5S Plus (SD625, android 8.0).
    Also crashing on Razer Phone 7.1.2 with a SD835. That has 8GB RAM.

    Awesome ... and I was thinking of getting the poco with SD845 and 6gb just because the game closes every time I get a phone call, 3GB of ram seems not enough to keep the game and phone call in the same time active.

    Reading this, I'm getting the conclusion that it'll be hit or miss and will probably continue to play on my old phone, because I'm not getting that much of issues on it. Damn.

    I think the solution, if viable, is to get one of those sub $100 MTK phones like the moto M or MotoC Plus, JUST FOR THE GAME.
    Not a question of GHz or RAM, the moto C Plus only has 2GB RAM and 16GB internal. But it handles F2F superbly, compared to iPhone X or Moto Z2 Force, which overheat, etc.
    I know, not much help, but that's EXACTLY WHAT I'M DOING.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 454
    edited October 2018
    BlackRazak wrote: »

    Tested CURRENT Droid SoCs:
    ✔️MTK6737M (moto C+, moto e4+) 7.0
    ✔️Helio P15 (moto M) 7.0
    ✔️SD425 (moto e5+) 8.1
    ✔️SD626 (moto Z2P) 8.0
    ✔️SD630 (moto X4) 8.1
    ✔️SD835 (moto z2 Force) 8.1

    ❌SD625 (moto g5s+, moto ZP) 8.0
    ❌SD820 (moto Z, HTC10, LG V20) 8.0, 7.1
    ❌SD835 (!) RAZER Phone, 7.1.2

    I think results may vary and it just shows that this game is just badly optimized period. A guy in our group has a Z2Play.. it's so bad that he doesn't even play on that phone anymore and waits until he goes home to use his old phone on wifi. We had to talk him out of quitting the game.

    I have the Note 8 which uses the 835 and it's better but no where I would consider acceptable. I get the lags and freezes, and it gets worse with each update. These issues are even worse if I didn't move the game and any space hogging apps over my sd card to give this game has all the space it wants on my phone. If I forget to move an app over (apps move back after you update the app)..the issues are tenfolds. This also includes me clearing the cache and closing out any apps before i play the game.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 1,358
    edited October 2018
    Voltron wrote: »
    BlackRazak wrote: »

    Tested CURRENT Droid SoCs:
    ✔️MTK6737M (moto C+, moto e4+) 7.0
    ✔️Helio P15 (moto M) 7.0
    ✔️SD425 (moto e5+) 8.1
    ✔️SD626 (moto Z2P) 8.0
    ✔️SD630 (moto X4) 8.1
    ✔️SD835 (moto z2 Force) 8.1

    ❌SD625 (moto g5s+, moto ZP) 8.0
    ❌SD820 (moto Z, HTC10, LG V20) 8.0, 7.1
    ❌SD835 (!) RAZER Phone, 7.1.2

    I think results may vary and it just shows that this game is just badly optimized period. A guy in our group has a Z2Play.. it's so bad that he doesn't even play on that phone anymore and waits until he goes home to use his old phone on wifi. We had to talk him out of quitting the game.

    I have the Note 8 which uses the 835 and it's better but no where I would consider acceptable. I get the lags and freezes, and it gets worse with each update. These issues are even worse if I didn't move the game and any space hogging apps over my sd card to give this game has all the space it wants on my phone. If I forget to move an app over (apps move back after you update the app)..the issues are tenfolds. This also includes me clearing the cache and closing out any apps before i play the game.

    Forged to Frustrate.
    Unless your device is <$150, then ALL'S GOOD.
    WEIRD AF, but great news for those on entry level phones!
    This game is the WORST advert for HIGH END mobile phones running CUTTING EDGE CPUs.

    Let's say in unison now:
    GIVE US GRAPHICAL SETTINGS!
    (For top tier phones... but don't kill off MTK support)
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 1,358
    Voltron wrote: »
    BlackRazak wrote: »

    Tested CURRENT Droid SoCs:
    ✔️MTK6737M (moto C+, moto e4+) 7.0
    ✔️Helio P15 (moto M) 7.0
    ✔️SD425 (moto e5+) 8.1
    ✔️SD626 (moto Z2P) 8.0
    ✔️SD630 (moto X4) 8.1
    ✔️SD835 (moto z2 Force) 8.1

    ❌SD625 (moto g5s+, moto ZP) 8.0
    ❌SD820 (moto Z, HTC10, LG V20) 8.0, 7.1
    ❌SD835 (!) RAZER Phone, 7.1.2

    I think results may vary and it just shows that this game is just badly optimized period. A guy in our group has a Z2Play.. it's so bad that he doesn't even play on that phone anymore and waits until he goes home to use his old phone on wifi. We had to talk him out of quitting the game.

    I have the Note 8 which uses the 835 and it's better but no where I would consider acceptable. I get the lags and freezes, and it gets worse with each update. These issues are even worse if I didn't move the game and any space hogging apps over my sd card to give this game has all the space it wants on my phone. If I forget to move an app over (apps move back after you update the app)..the issues are tenfolds. This also includes me clearing the cache and closing out any apps before i play the game.

    I've gotten an artificial pilot program for AUTOMOTIVE purposes running FINE on either a Spreadtrum, MTK or Snapdragon 820. Coupled with 5 cameras and 1 radar/LIDAR.
    A TEAM OF SEVEN.

    And that's one program on MULTIPLE SoCs with differing architectures/specs.

    Detect>Optimize>Run>Stabilize>Anticipate.

    And that's for WORLD mapped highways in REAL TIME at HIGHWAY SPEEDS (110km/h).
    If it goes bust the car crashes/lives are lost .
    You guys can do this (multiple device/architecture optimization).

    COME ON.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 454
    BlackRazak wrote: »

    GIVE US GRAPHICAL SETTINGS!

    YES!!!!!!!

  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 1,358
    Just tried this game on a 2014 Snakebyte Vyper, a 7" 1280x800 android 4.4.2 device running a RK3188 quadcore 1.6GHz with just 1GB RAM and 8GB memory.

    IT RUNS OK.

    Yeah, crashes after awhile (arena 11x) but this was the first time I've tried F2F on a 55" OLED TV (Snakebyte Vyper has a HDMI + Optical output DOCK) plus BLUETOOTH 4.0 remappable remotes and gamepads.

    Remapped a cursor and appropriate area inputs of the screen into the gamepad, voila!
    Arcade F2F.

    Laggy, freezes, crashes occasionally, but...
    NO WORSE THAN an iOS12 iPhone 7+.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 298
    I don’t really understand much going on in this thread as it’s way out of my understanding. Anyways my small contribution is I play on an iPhone 8, the game warns the phone up every once in awhile, but never has it overheated. No lags, crashes, or freezes.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 1,358
    Kenny wrote: »
    I don’t really understand much going on in this thread as it’s way out of my understanding. Anyways my small contribution is I play on an iPhone 8, the game warns the phone up every once in awhile, but never has it overheated. No lags, crashes, or freezes.

    The original point was to HELP users AND Kabam as their list of OK'd devices hasn't been updated in A YEAR and is EXTREMELY VAGUE, with no optimum specs, requirements or even REASONS.

    Luckily, iPhone 8 users seem to have a great combo, the A11 seems optimized, even with just 2GB RAM.

    Weirdly, the iPad Pro, X, XS Max and XR don't do as well.

    Thanks for the good feedback!
  • The last time I played on my Samsung galaxy tab a it would crash out of nowhere
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 1,358
    The last time I played on my Samsung galaxy tab a it would crash out of nowhere

    That's the WEIRD problem with Android.
    Previous FLAGSHIP devices or anything with mid-high SoCs are suffering crashes, freezes and find their formerly FINE devices turning to crud AFTER the 7.0 update.
    But low end MediaTek chips are handling it like a friggin champ!

    On iOS, the A11 is fine with 2GB RAM (iPhone 8) but none of i7+, iX, iXS Max are enjoying error free gaming.
    Best of the new bunch? iXR. Least problems.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 1,358
    ktomov wrote: »
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    The game seems to chew up the FLAGSHIP SOCS, I've a feeling it's more GPU setting related.
    I've issues on the work iPhone X and also the iPad Pro as well as the XR running ios 12.1 and 12.
    What was previously perfectly fine (moto z play, SD625, Android 6.0) is now completely UNPLAYABLE after the 7.0 game update.
    Same with my previous go to phone, the Moto G5S Plus (SD625, android 8.0).
    Also crashing on Razer Phone 7.1.2 with a SD835. That has 8GB RAM.

    Awesome ... and I was thinking of getting the poco with SD845 and 6gb just because the game closes every time I get a phone call, 3GB of ram seems not enough to keep the game and phone call in the same time active.

    Reading this, I'm getting the conclusion that it'll be hit or miss and will probably continue to play on my old phone, because I'm not getting that much of issues on it. Damn.

    @ktomov Pocophone F1 plays F2F really well, but overheating after around 35-40 minutes of AM or Arenas DESPITE the liquid cooling ISN'T A GOOD SIGN.

    Will try out on Asus RoG phone and Razer 2 this weekend, fingers crossed.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 1,306
    #1 requirement: patience
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 1,358
    Darm0k wrote: »
    #1 requirement: patience

    1. Patience
    2. Cheap MediaTek phone
    3. TIME. LOTS.
    4. ZEN-level understanding and TOLERANCE
«1345
Sign In or Register to comment.