Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

The BEST and most Fair solution to the Wasp exploit

Been thinking about this a lot...

Almost every solution creates a massive impact on the viability and utility of the other healer bots, so I believe I have the ultimate fix.

Leave AM timers alone. Leave timeout KO alone. Don't change any of it.

The problem is the threshold at which wasp heals. If you change it, he becomes a crappy Megatron.

The key is in Megatronus' Sig.

You see, Megatronus can't use the immortality relic if he enters the fight BELOW a certain health threshold, so do the same to Wasp since you have the capability.

Make it so his Sig cannot trigger if he enters a fight below 15% max health.

Sure players can timeout to avoid a revive, but they will still have to use a repair kit if they want to utilize his Sig again.

Problem solved, Kabam makes money, players can utilize healer Sigs in the same manner, and everyone is happy.

You're welcome.

Comments

• asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    That would ruin his role as a defender. Think rotk wasp.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    asparagus wrote: »
    That would ruin his role as a defender. Think rotk wasp.

yessssss :naughty::naughty::naughty:
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    Lol I'd take it but this is the problem with tweaking wasp's sig. If you mess with it too much he just isn't wasp anymore.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    demolitions rank down ticket maybe? if people are fussed about it
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Kitten wrote: »

For $100.
  • I'm down with this, but only if they BUFF Waspinator''s base abilities as a way to make up for the signature change.
  • So, if wasp heals 5% due to his sign, and time out causes him to loose 50% of it, 2.5%.
    Then it can be like,,,.
    Wasp heals 5% of max health, and can't be triggered it he starts fight with less than 3%.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited October 2018
    Let's not focus on specific bots, but the timeout trick itself.

It's easy to judge if a timeout is intentional or not by checking the round summary: if you're playing fair, the hits on both parties will be sky-high for a normal timeout. Otherwise there's only a fraction of hits registered if you paused and waited for the timeout. Address a heavy AM point penalty for those pause timeouts and we're good.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    this change is a good idea, and it only applies to am where he is explotable. Not sure why anyone would over react to it.
  • Just ditch Wasp and make Scorponok that boss instead..
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Down_Under wrote: »
    Just ditch Wasp and make Scorponok that boss instead..

The issue discuss here is not about wasp as a mini boss.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    My thoughts..

ay5vjkou0vd9.jpeg
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    BOFAD wrote: »
    My thoughts..

ay5vjkou0vd9.jpeg

Lol I'm in tears 🤣
  • ÆnigmaÆnigma Posts: 296
    Kitten wrote: »

No... Sorry but people ranking up their Wasps for the purpose of this exploit should NOT be given a rank down ticket.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    My thoughts..

ay5vjkou0vd9.jpeg

because one alliance represents a whole ethnicity. I bet if someone were to post the exact picture with whatever ethnicity you are, you wouldn't find that amusing. last time i checked all races all known to be cheats.

I don''t know what's worse..people that need to cheat to win at a game or the bitter people constantly crying foul at the cheaters.. you all are two sides of the same coin
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Voltron wrote: »
    My thoughts..

ay5vjkou0vd9.jpeg

because one alliance represents a whole ethnicity. I bet if someone were to post the exact picture with whatever ethnicity you are, you wouldn't find that amusing. last time i checked all races all known to be cheats.

I don''t know what's worse..people that need to cheat to win at a game or the bitter people constantly crying foul at the cheaters.. you all are two sides of the same coin

I am actually Asian..this wasn't meant as racist and I am sorry you took it that way.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited October 2018
    Or simoly, keep Time out equals half health penalty. + If Wasp heals "x" ,then he can't revive if he started fight with less than 60% of "x".
    Like, if he heals 10%, he won't revive if he enter fight less than 6%, technically, half health penality will make him enter with 5%, after he revived and healed, and Timed Out unless extra repairs are used.
    This will stop exploit to very extent, at least it'll cost them something. While most of wasp utility will be preserved.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    So anyone that has been fighting "fair and square" would basically be screwed out of the signature if they entered a fight with less than 15%. Yeah that sure sounds fair, pffft.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited October 2018
    Or simoly, keep Time out equals half health penalty. + If Wasp heals "x" ,then he can't revive if he started fight with less than 60% of "x".
    Like, if he heals 10%, he won't revive if he enter fight less than 6%, technically, half health penality will make him enter with 5%, after he revived and healed, and Timed Out unless extra repairs are used.
    This will stop exploit to very extent, at least it'll cost them something. While most of wasp utility will be preserved.

If they could code it this way, even better because then you wouldn't have to worry about legitimately taking wasp into a fight with low HP if you haven't even triggered his Sig yet
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    So anyone that has been fighting "fair and square" would basically be screwed out of the signature if they entered a fight with less than 15%. Yeah that sure sounds fair, pffft.

Didn't say it was perfect, only that it is clearly the best option to modify wasps Sig so far, compared to other player's ideas

@SparkShredder has a good idea on how to code the Sig and maintain its utility for legitimate players, built off my original thoughts.

Don't know if Kabam can code it the way he suggests though,but it would be near perfect
  • Hey Manthro,

Thanks for the suggestion, I have made note of it for our team! This is a tricky situation, and one that we're studying keenly. No matter what we do, there will be some kind of effect on Commanders that are not making use of Waspinator's revive in Alliance Missions in this manner. Our goal is to find the way that has the least effect on other players, or other modes.

We're still not ready to announce anything yet, but have not forgotten this!
  • HZEROHZERO Posts: 52
    Hey Manthro,

Thanks for the suggestion, I have made note of it for our team! This is a tricky situation, and one that we're studying keenly. No matter what we do, there will be some kind of effect on Commanders that are not making use of Waspinator's revive in Alliance Missions in this manner. Our goal is to find the way that has the least effect on other players, or other modes.

We're still not ready to announce anything yet, but have not forgotten this!

I do not understand what is the desire to f. . . the best of the demolition bot. I do not see anybody complaining about the combination of Wheeljack with the master of nanotechnology, which allows to activate the shield of 75% of life on multiple occasions, making you can do the whole map with just that bot without dying. Changing Waspaneitor's ability is to send the bot to the trash for other game modes, several of us use team Beast Wars to spotlight mission and other game modes. The solution to this should not touch the bot's ability
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited October 2018
    Why is everyone having such a problem with my boy Waspinator nothing wrong with him at all I don’t see a glitch
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Jazz444 wrote: »
    Why is everyone having such a problem with my boy Waspinator nothing wrong with him at all I don’t see a glitch

Hold your breath. If after this tweak they still can't reach top 1, then it must be Nanojack's fault, or Ratchet's fault, or Demotron's fault. Oh, no. It must be Hound's fault, as he can give Mv1 5% health with every timeout!
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited October 2018
    Waspinator should be one of the most powerful bots in the game. Don't believe me, well I'm gonna prove you wrong.

Waspinator has shown to be super naturally durable; gets blown to bits, still alive; gets crushed, still buzzing; gets shredded into confetti, only comes out with a broken arm. Compare that to one of the most powerful Transformers, Optimus Prime, who got tossed around a bit, told Hot Rod to gut out the way, and got shot dead.

If Waspinator can suffer more damage than the punishment that caused Prime''s death, that shows there is more than meets the eye with Waspinator. That shows that
    Waspinator > Optimus Prime.
    Change my mind.

#BuffWaspinator
  • UrAverageMalakaUrAverageMalaka Posts: 664
    edited October 2018
    Waspinator should be one of the most powerful bots in the game. Don't believe me, well I'm gonna prove you wrong.

Waspinator has shown to be super naturally durable; gets blown to bits, still alive; gets crushed, still buzzing; gets shredded into confetti, only comes out with a broken arm. Compare that to one of the most powerful Transformers, Optimus Prime, who got tossed around a bit, told Hot Rod to gut out the way, and got shot dead.

If Waspinator can suffer more damage than the punishment that caused Prime''s death, that shows there is more than meets the eye with Waspinator. That shows that
    Waspinator > Optimus Prime.
    Change my mind.

#BuffWaspinator

Megatron survived an explosion that knocked cybetron out of orbit and megatron and optimus are pretty comparable, survived a stomp from trypticon, survived the refinery explosion on cybertron, survived a blast from shockwave who at the time could bend the fabrics between time and space and also at the time could destroy the whole universe, survived his insides getting blown to bits by laser beak when ratchet was fixing him, defeated nova prime multiple times, i think he also got shot by a blast of anti matter, cracked Sixshot’s chest plate who’s armour was compacted from the subatomic materials of a collapsed star which is a density 300 billion tonnes per cubic inch. He has a rare (0.1 percenter) spark, his ion blaster can reach from ground level to space in seconds. He has lifted and thrown a oil tanker which weighs about 700,000 tonnes and he lifted that with ease so he can lift heaps more. There is so much more perk of prime but i think i have proved my point. Prime is a universe buster and i am certain he is heaps steonger then superman

@ScarredArachnid333 mind changed?
    Here's the thing, guys...

We all know that Kabam is going to do SOMETHING to address the exploit whether we agree with it or not. I for one, don't want to see anything happen to how wasp's Sig works.

At the same time, I know that if we don't suggest something moderate and reasonable to address the issue, the solution the dev team comes up with could really screw with the utility of other bots, or outright rework wasp Sig completely.

I'd rather have a surgical solution performed with a scalpel than blunt force with a sledgehammer to fix it.

This thread is meant to be a discussion, if you don't like the idea proposed, that's cool... Suggest an realistic alternative you think would work better instead of crying about it and only pointing out the flaws.

There is no perfect fix, there is only gonna be "best under the circumstances"