Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bot Intel Report: Scorponok

edited October 2018 in General Discussion
Scorponok is joining the Fight! This Predacon Warrior is sure to challenge any Bot with ranged Special Attacks, and packs some serious regenerative power! Megatronus, beware!

Class: Warrior
Faction: Predacon

Basic Abilities: Venom Backfire, Dazed, Bleed
When filling a Bar of Power: Gains a Venom charge, granting +20% Attack per charge.
Heavy Attack: Scorponok's poisonous cyber-strikes converts each Venom Charge into a 12 second Backfire Debuff on the opponent.

Critical Melee Attacks
- 30~40% chance to Bleed, dealing 40~60% of Attack over 4 seconds.
Venom Backfire
- When opponents activate a Special Attack, Backfire is consumed and inflicts 91.8~ 140% Attack as Shock damage per charge.
- If the opponent does not use a Special Attack and 2 Backfire charges expire simultaneously, the opponent is also Stunned for 3 seconds.
- If 3 or more Backfire charges expires simultaneously, the opponent takes Shock Damage equal to 500% of Attack Rating over 4 seconds.

Signature Ability: Regenerative Toxin
When Struck: Fueled by Scorponok's Venom Charges, Scorponok's hidden robotic enhancements enable him to passively Repair 30~ 65% of the damage taken from non-Special Attacks.

Special Attacks

Special 1 - Daze and Destroy: The Cyber Bee’s toxin viciously attacks the enemy's neural pathways.
- Scorponok's robotic bee Dazes the opponent, causing their Basic Ranged Attacks to Miss 60% of the time and Ranged Special Attacks to Miss 100% of the time for 7~ 9 seconds.

Special 2 - Tunneling Terror: Scorponok is adept at forcing the element of surprise.
- Converts each Venom Charge into a 12 second Backfire Debuff on the opponent.

Special 3 - Predacon Persecution: There is no stopping the primal calamity that is Scorponok.
- Scorponok's robotic bee Dazes the opponent, causing their Basic Ranged Attacks to Miss 60% of the time and Ranged Special Attacks to Miss 100% of the time for 16~ 24 seconds.

Other Bot Synergies

Mutual - Allies - Waspinator
+2~8% Armor

Mutual - Enemies - Optimus Primal, Rhinox, Cheetor, Dinobot
+2~8% Attack Rating

Mutual - Weaponsmith - Hound, Ramjet
+4~15% chance for Heavy Attacks to be a Critical Hit.

Good Matchups

Megatronus - The Fallen will be unable to land the first hit of his Special Attacks, making his wrath considerably easier to avoid.

Prowl - Prowl’s shotgun is much less threatening while he is Dazed and confused.

Bad Matchups

Grimlock - With very few Ranged Special Attacks and the ability to Purify Bleeds, this Predacon will fear a different kind of Dinobot.

Shockwave - Shockwave’s ability to Heal Block will put a stop to Scorponok’s Regenerative capabilities.

Recommended Mods

Repair Module - This Mod will allow Scorponok to out heal his opponent’s damage output.

Transwarp Cell - This mode will encourage the slippery Scorpion to assault his hapless opponents with frequent, hard to dodge, heavy attacks.

Comments

• ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited October 2018
    We better not wait another 10 years for the next Predacon to come. Noooo. Speaking of which, who's your favorite BW Pred @Kabam Miike?

Also, anyone else find it ironic that Scorponok, the most useless Predacon in the show, is strong against Megatronous?
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    hey guess what, it isn't warpath, I'm depressedpacito.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    PhatBoy123 wrote: »
    hey guess what, it isn't warpath, I'm depressedpacito.

i feel His presence
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    So s1 and s3 apply the same effect and s2 is the same as his heavy. Great job guys! Way to put some thought into those designs.
  • ÆnigmaÆnigma Posts: 296
    @Kabam Miike We getting spotlight info today?
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Anyone thought Scorponok’s specials would have done some sort of venom DOT instead?
  • Darm0k wrote: »
    Anyone thought Scorponok’s specials would have done some sort of venom DOT instead?

He should have Acid at least. Cyber Venom was Blackarachnia''s thing.
    edited October 2018
    Since this isn't warpath I'm gonna go listen to "bring me to life" or "crawling" in a dark room with nothing but black on and scream at my parents that it isn't a phase.
  • Since when could Shockwave ‘heal block’? It’s under weak matchups... Do you guys mean Blaster?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Since when could Shockwave ‘heal block’? It’s under weak matchups... Do you guys mean Blaster?

Because he can block healing abilities with s2 and s3
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    Since when could Shockwave ‘heal block’? It’s under weak matchups... Do you guys mean Blaster?

“Heal block”= blocking the opponent from healing. It’s a debuff.
  • Scorponok is joining the Fight! This Predacon Warrior is sure to challenge any Bot with ranged Special Attacks, and packs some serious regenerative power! Megatronus, beware!

https://transformersforgedtofight.com/bot-intel-report-scorponok/
    Scorponok is joining the Fight! This Predacon Warrior is sure to challenge any Bot with ranged Special Attacks, and packs some serious regenerative power! Megatronus, beware!

https://transformersforgedtofight.com/bot-intel-report-scorponok/
    Scorponok is joining the Fight! This Predaco
  • The italian description of sp1 and sp3 is not correct. The translation is wrong.
    It is miswritten “special ranged attack” with “attacchi standard a distanza” please fix it.

@Kabam Miike
  • Manthro wrote: »

Because he can block healing abilities with s2 and s3

Yeah, I was thinking too literal I guess.
  • Since when could Shockwave ‘heal block’? It’s under weak matchups... Do you guys mean Blaster?

That's probably a typo.
  • lightningbaronlightningbaron Posts: 595
    edited October 2018
    Oh Christ, I was hoping Headmaster Scorponok 🤣 Maybe a Scorpie is a bot to look forward to?Maybe Megatronus can throw rocks at Scorpie.

If you do a currency conversion of chips from Cyclonus or Megatronus to Scorponok currency, it may help contribute towards a good cause? Will it be 100K chips to buy a 4 stars Scorpie? Else we have chips we can't use.

Prepare to feel the sting of Scorponok.
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    So am I right in saying his venom charges dont expire, but his sig uses one up each time hes hit to heal back some of the damage?
    SkBirdman wrote: »
    So am I right in saying his venom charges dont expire, but his sig uses one up each time hes hit to heal back some of the damage?

I think he's like ROTF Megs in the regard of venom charges. So I'm sure you'd be right.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited October 2018
    SkBirdman wrote: »

I sincerely hope not. This would be le suck.

Charge up an entire power bar to heal back one basic attack for 60%?

Meh.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    No even Beast Purification with Primal?
    --Gains a Venom charge, granting him +20% Attack.

Is it permanent until a heavy, does it stack?
  • VanjieVanjie Posts: 82
    edited October 2018
    I still have no idea why they chose Scorponok of all Predacons, he was without a doubt the most boring useless character in the show. Ah well, let’s just hope for Rampage, Tarantulas or Megatron as our next BW Pred in another 40 months.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    No even Beast Purification with Primal?

I think that’s listed under Primal’s synergies.
    Yeah, China wins....
    0bi83zqi13a8.jpg
  • ToughTough Posts: 237
    posting 5* bot info now? T4c on its way????
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Yeah, China wins....
    0bi83zqi13a8.jpg

Is this photoshop?
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I can’t wait to get Scorponok he will be awesome to play around with (:
    edited October 2018
    @DonApis It is not. Someone accidentally get him from special crystals. And it appears the in game ability differs from what is advertised in the bot intel page. It's 500% attack damage dealt if 3 Venom charges expire at the same time (I think this is realistic because 8% of opponent's max health is too much a blessing when you think about ROK/ROTK). And the Daze ability interrupts not only ranged special attack but also basic ranged attacks. I'll try to convince this player to switch his language to English and post screencaps.