Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Assets not loading properly

Okay now. I own my Poco for about a week and the game was running perfectly fine, up until now. I've just updates its Android from 8.1 (Oreo) to 9.0 (Pie). The game is still running smooth, but some of the assets are not loading anymore.

Dunno if this is server side issue and the assets are not send to my device or the game itself has issues with 9.0

Things I've done so far trying to resolve the issue:
1) Cleared game's cache - issue still there
2) Completely uninstalled the game and installed it again from play store - issue still there
3) Tried the same thing as 2 but this time on LTE not on WiFi - issue still there.

Does anyone have any suggestions to what I can try to force the game to load the missing assets?

Screenshots:
1) Missing bot images
7mc9goezw725.png
qy8s05t6a4za.png
2) Missing sparks images in stash
9197r5ms744z.png
3) Missing sparks in vault
tr0e4d1u6ekz.png

@Kabam Miike can I help in some way to try and figure where this issue came from?
Tagged:

Comments

• Issy543Issy543 Posts: 31
    edited November 2018
    When I was doing the special mission, I realised the artwork for Scorponok in cutscene and thumbnail was missing when I was playing the game on my main device, the OnePlus 6 (running Android Pie with the game up to date).focbfijkuc2h.jpg
    I decided to try the game on my iPad Mini 4 (worth noting it was downloading an update before I could start the game) and Scorponok did show up during the cutscene and thumbnail on that device. So, I thought I would reinstall the game to try to fix the issue on my phone.
    Then, the problem escaladed.
    b2g4272qci7f.jpg
    None of the images in the game were loading.
    And when I tried to select fight mode in the game...
    h07s39htxt4e.jpg
    The stats on the top changed, but everything else was frozen.
    I tried to reinstall the game again, but try a new game instead of continuing the game, and this happened:
    dqrq5goxv1ng.jpg
    The artwork was still missing.
    bfct5vy63xwi.jpg
    Even rebooting my phone, reinstalling the game and continuing the game doesn't resolve the artwork issue.
    As a result, I can't play on my OnePlus anymore, but instead on my iPad, because the game isn't working on it anymore.
    I think my phone may have skipped loading some assets.
  • To make it clear, I'm not saying the artwork is the main reason why I can't play the game on my OnePlus, although it is annoying; it's because the fight mode doesn't work for the phone.
    I keep seeing a spinning cog wheel in the game for all of the artwork.
    Worth noting that my iPad Mini 4 is running iOS 12, and its file size update was much larger than what it was for my OnePlus. I think the last updated could have done something.
  • I just tried it on my other Android phone, the Wileyfox Swift 2X, running Oreo, to see if it was an issue with Android. After updating the game and then running it, it had zero glitches or bugs, meaning the issue is solely based on my OnePlus 6.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Issy543 wrote: »
    I just tried it on my other Android phone, the Wileyfox Swift 2X, running Oreo, to see if it was an issue with Android. After updating the game and then running it, it had zero glitches or bugs, meaning the issue is solely based on my OnePlus 6.

That is weird.
    SD845 by any OEM aloud be working 100%.
    That being said, the new update is FULL of graphical glitches.
    Shouldn't stop functionality.
    Kabam, explain.
    Too many devices running 845.
  • Also worth noting that prior to this bug, the artwork for the story mode was missing since I completed Chapter 3.

And no matter how many times I reinstall the game, it won't fix the problem.

Hopefully, all of these problems will be fixed soon.
  • I tried to play a new game to see if the fight mode would work there...and it didn't. Same problem as when I do continue game (the stats change but the menu freezes).
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    ktomov wrote: »
    Okay now. I own my Poco for about a week and the game was running perfectly fine, up until now. I've just updates its Android from 8.1 (Oreo) to 9.0 (Pie). The game is still running smooth, but some of the assets are not loading anymore.

Dunno if this is server side issue and the assets are not send to my device or the game itself has issues with 9.0

Things I've done so far trying to resolve the issue:
    1) Cleared game's cache - issue still there
    2) Completely uninstalled the game and installed it again from play store - issue still there
    3) Tried the same thing as 2 but this time on LTE not on WiFi - issue still there.

Does anyone have any suggestions to what I can try to force the game to load the missing assets?

Screenshots:
    1) Missing bot images
    7mc9goezw725.png
    qy8s05t6a4za.png
    2) Missing sparks images in stash
    9197r5ms744z.png
    3) Missing sparks in vault
    tr0e4d1u6ekz.png

@Kabam Miike can I help in some way to try and figure where this issue came from?

SD845 phones like the OnePlus 6 also suffering the same issue.
    And at the same time, ENTRY LEVEL SoCs now reporting asset artifacts in-fight.
    Also graphical GLITCHES with Scorponok.
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    Update: Completely uninstalled the game and this time deleted the folder Android > DATA > com.kabam.bigroot. Now nothing load up.
    Hey man, now I saw your thread. Have the same issue like you! https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/6754/assets-not-loading-properly Looks like it's game issue with android Pie. Guess we will have to wait until someone see our misery here.
  • StrawbelsStrawbels Posts: 21
    edited November 2018
    Same issue on Android Pie. On a Google pixel XL
    @Kabam Miike , @Kabam Vydious , @Kabam Rimehaven , @Kabam Tenebrous , @Kabam Custos guys can you check that issue? Both in here and the thread I've started.

It looks like the game lack some permissions under Android Pie and can't write or read from /storage/Android/data/org.kabam.bigrobots

Hope you'll take some action ASAP as I don't have second device where the game is running and currently it's unplayable.
    Update2: Downgraded from Pie to Orio and the issue is not there. The game clearly have issues with Pie so until the guys in the other thread reply, I'll suggest to not update your android OS.

Other thread: https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/6751/game-doesnt-work-on-my-phone-anymore
    Downgraded from Pie to Orio and the issue is not there. The game clearly have issues with Pie so for now I'll suggest to not update your android OS.
  • Guess I'll find my old phone to use for now.
  • I can say that it's a new issue because I've been on pie since I started playing. Didn't have issues till scorponok release.
  • Strawbels wrote: »
    I can say that it's a new issue because I've been on pie since I started playing. Didn't have issues till scorponok release.
    Same think happened to me as well. I think the last updated may have done something.
  • ktomov wrote: »
    Hey man, now I saw your thread. Have the same issue like you! https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/6754/assets-not-loading-properly Looks like it's game issue with android Pie. Guess we will have to wait until someone see our misery here.
    I'm not so sure Pie is necessarily the issue. I had Pie during the time Megatronous special was live, and I had no issues then. I think the Scorponk update is the root of the cause.
    Strawbels wrote: »
    I can say that it's a new issue because I've been on pie since I started playing. Didn't have issues till scorponok release.
    Same think happened to me as well. I think the last updated may have done something.

Not just the last update. I was on 7.1.2 and found backup of 7.1.1, even with it, the game still failed to load the needed files, but it's still connected to Pie and the last update as I don't experience such issues on 7.1.1 and 7.1.2 on Oreo
  • Issy543Issy543 Posts: 31
    edited November 2018
    @Strawbels and @ktomov, thanks for your comments. Now I know I'm not the only one who has this problem.
    Strawbels wrote: »

Not just the last update. I was on 7.1.2 and found backup of 7.1.1, even with it, the game still failed to load the needed files, but it's still connected to Pie and the last update as I don't experience such issues on 7.1.1 and 7.1.2 on Oreo
    Hmm. Looks like an update is needed for better optimisation with Pie.
    Did issue occur for you during the time Megatronous was a featured character?
  • bxc3dinz1sg6.jpg
    Scorponok is coated in Red energon
  • bxc3dinz1sg6.jpg
    Scorponok is coated in Red energon

No it's worse. He's been infected by the Hate Plauge! Everyone run!
  • Is it really this bad on some devices? Wow, and I thought long loading screens were bad.
    Update2: Downgraded from Pie to Orio and the issue is not there. The game clearly have issues with Pie so until the guys in the other thread reply, I'll suggest to not update your android OS.

Other thread: https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/6751/game-doesnt-work-on-my-phone-anymore

What who has issues with pie?! Whoever doesn't like pie I don't wanna meet them, I mean cake is good too but pie is legit except pumpkin pie that stuff is gross :s
    Apple Pie is the best, but I don't mind pumpkin pie 😋
  • I decided to see if anything changed since last time. Found out my answer straight way:
    p0yejcr587zf.jpg
    Gonna wait now until an official response occurs...
    @ScarredArachnid333 and @Charleshot25 I appreciate your sense of humor, but we are having serious issues rendering the game unplayable. I've had a backup and rolled back to 8.1, but for the guys that are not into rooting and unlocking bootloader, they are stuck to 9.0 and the assets are not downloaded/used/read.

That's sirious issue
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited November 2018
    ktomov wrote: »
    @ScarredArachnid333 and @Charleshot25 I appreciate your sense of humor, but we are having serious issues rendering the game unplayable. I've had a backup and rolled back to 8.1, but for the guys that are not into rooting and unlocking bootloader, they are stuck to 9.0 and the assets are not downloaded/used/read.

That's sirious issue

You are correct. I apologize for getting this off topic. But, I've never seen not load up anything. Usually I have the game freeze for 20 seconds on a loading screen once before playing or I get that awful blue screen. That is a rather odd that yours aren't loading. @Kabam Miike are you gonna acknowledge @ktomov''s problem and address it?
  • @ktomov im well aware that this is serious. Trust me i know. This game is laggy as all hell and my game is constantly freezing. Its sad really. I don't know how KABAM can get away with leaving this game in such a pathetic state.
  • StrawbelsStrawbels Posts: 21
    edited November 2018
    Alright I found out what's going on. Downloaded it on my Android 8.0 device. What is happening on Android pie it won't let the game access the server to download file assets. These happen on the fly when new things come up. So that's why scorponok used to be an issue and other bots you haven't owned. Then uninstalling you are removing these files. Also images used for cutscenes are downloaded on the fly too. So I managed to share the assets from my Android 8 to Android 9 device. But this also means any new content will have the same issue.

Tl:Dr They are in a cache folder that's not getting new assets on Android pie. Any assets you had before the update we're still there. But uninstalling and reinstalling removed them completely. Seems to be an issue with retrieving these files from the server when needed to cache for the first time.