Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

REQUIREMENTS guide.

Comments

• lightningbaronlightningbaron Posts: 595
    edited December 2018
    My last security update was November 2018 update for Oreo on Moto G6; TFTF seems to be crashing more often. I'm trying to see if I can pick up the pattern. It was my first AM last night where it crapped out on first battle (leading to half health penalty), but that was after a handful of arenas. It appears to be after a certain number of fights before it craps out. I don't have any other apps running either. I do reset my phone at least once a day.

When it crapped out, it was at the loading screen, but I can hear a fight going on.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    My last security update was November 2018 update for Oreo on Moto G6; TFTF seems to be crashing more often. I'm trying to see if I can pick up the pattern. It was my first AM last night where it crapped out on first battle (leading to half health penalty), but that was after a handful of arenas. It appears to be after a certain number of fights before it craps out. I don't have any other apps running either. I do reset my phone at least once a day.

When it crapped out, it was at the loading screen, but I can hear a fight going on.

In that case @lightningbaron it's not Nov 2018 security update, nor SD450/GPU issue or the like, it's
    MEMORY LEAK

@Kabam Rimehaven please report to devs, as memory leak is affecting 4GB RAM devices since 7.2.0
    edited December 2018
    It's amazing that your Redmi 5 Plus, running SD625, is not Force Crashing or lagging.
    The Moto Z Play, with similar specs and SoC, crashes like mad.
    And so do other SD625, 626 series phones.
    Are you running official or 3P ROM?
  • ÆnigmaÆnigma Posts: 296
    How do you have access to every device?
  • DenisDenis Posts: 18
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    It's amazing that your Redmi 5 Plus, running SD625, is not Force Crashing or lagging.

Honestly, I myself am surprised that 625 snap works so well ... although, on the other hand, this processor seems to be three, and many developers have optimized 625 snap applications for a long time ... I won’t lie, I got thrown out a couple of times games, but I think it is connected with the settings of the phone, from the Internet. what else can I tell you, 3gigabytes of RAM is still not enough, if you minimize the game, it will reload.
    edited December 2018
    Ænigma wrote: »
    How do you have access to every device?

My companies deal with tons of SoCs, OS, etc.
    Plus OEMs inc
    MediaTek, Qualcomm, Hisilicon, Allwinner, Rockchip, UniSOC, Apple, Huawei, Alcatel, Blackberry (TCL) and Motorola.
    Denis wrote: »

Honestly, I myself am surprised that 625 snap works so well ... although, on the other hand, this processor seems to be three, and many developers have optimized 625 snap applications for a long time ... I won’t lie, I got thrown out a couple of times games, but I think it is connected with the settings of the phone, from the Internet. what else can I tell you, 3gigabytes of RAM is still not enough, if you minimize the game, it will reload.

Most of my GRINDING is done on a MTK6737M moto C plus (2Gb RAM, 16GB, android 7.0) and has only CRASHED TWICE since May 2018.
    Loading takes ages, though!

My personal best experience of F2F, is the Moto M using a Helio P15, running andoid 7.0, 4-32GB.

Or an iphone X, but that overheats and has many GUI glitches. Beautiful to look at, though
    Graphical GLITCHES on SD710, Android 8.1.0, 6-128GB devices (confirmed; Nokia X7, Meizu X8 and Oppo R17 P*)
    Minor issues with rendering
    Graphical artifacts

Otherwise decent experience

*Thanks @DrShotgun
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    This phone otherwise run this game like butter. Super fast
    edited December 2018
    Anyone else still getting a horrible, laggy EXPERIENCE from android 9.0?

I've 2x Moto X4
    SD630, 4-64GB, Android 8.0 = NO ISSUES
    SD630, 6-64GB, Android 9.0 = LAG, FREEZE

Plus I've heard from the past month or so that 9.0 devices from Samsung, Huawei, etc. have the same issues.

I'm wondering if any forum goers are using THESE devices:
    Moto ONE Power
    Moto ONE
    Moto P30
    Nubia MARS
    LG G7
    OnePlus 6T
    Xiaomi Mi Mix3
    AGM X3

And any ANDROID ONE, Android GO users?
  • No Android 9 for lg g7 yet but when it drops I'll let you know. You do some work in this thread razak.
    asparagus wrote: »
    No Android 9 for lg g7 yet but when it drops I'll let you know. You do some work in this thread razak.

It's always great to see progress made in micro personal computer or mobile technology.
    Lord knows I'd have had a much easier time in college (1999) if i had even the 'worse' budget phone of 2019.

And now it plays my favorite thing ever, TRANSFORMERS.

So the point of this thread was to ensure that TF fans of all income levels could enjoy F2F, whatever their phone budget is!

Posts like yours, @asparagus , keep my spirits up.
    It's a slog!
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    No Android 9 for lg g7 yet but when it drops I'll let you know. You do some work in this thread razak.

It's always great to see progress made in micro personal computer or mobile technology.
    Lord knows I'd have had a much easier time in college (1999) if i had even the 'worse' budget phone of 2019.

So the point of this thread was to ensure that TF fans of all income levels could enjoy F2F, whatever their phone budget is!

It's a slog!

I played this game for over a year on a Nexus 6 so this thread is relavent to my interests, lol. Just like you mentioned in this thread, 6.0 was the last straw for that phone's chip set. It was also an update that came with a huge graphics improvement for Android. I don't know much about tech stuff, but from what I've collected, it was probably the adreno 420 GPU that couldn't keep up anymore. So yah, I follow this stuff pretty closely now and find it interesting, so I check in on this thread pretty often.

It's a slog!

I played this game for over a year on a Nexus 6 so this thread is relavent to my interests, lol. Just like you mentioned in this thread, 6.0 was the last straw for that phone's chip set. It was also an update that came with a huge graphics improvement for Android. I don't know much about tech stuff, but from what I've collected, it was probably the adreno 420 GPU that couldn't keep up anymore. So yah, I follow this stuff pretty closely now and find it interesting, so I check in on this thread pretty often.

I started this thread IMMEDIATELY after MY NEXUS 6 became incompatible, followed shortly by a Moto Z Play with it's SD625 and 3-64GB config on Android 7.0.

I thought, no way a current, well reviewed device with a SoC that's still being used could be deprecated.
    And since I've access to a huge mobile inventory, I felt it was my duty to help others out.

Bam!
    Sub-$100 phones play F2F just fine?
    WTF!

Then the errors on CURRENT FLAGSHIPS started creeping in.
    SD8xx devices crashing, lagging, freezing.

So it turns out these are the factors:
    1. F2F Optimization (Kabam's error, but understandable due to huge variety of phones used)
    2. Memory Leak (Kabam, but also non-vanilla versions of Android with stupid redundant apps knicking RAM. Good practice: Kill background processes and reboot daily)
    3. Android 6.0+ ADOPTED MEMORY (slow micro SD write, read speeds. Use a fast, >80mb/s card. That solves this)
    4. iOS (sometimes terrible experience, but that's because A10 models really suffer with iOS F2F, which is set on max resolution and GPU settings. A11x going same way)
    Okay.
    Tested 2 devices today, and both handle F2F with aplomb.

1. Doogee S70
    Android 8.1, 6.0" 1080p, 6-64GB, Helio P23, IP68 (waterproof, drop proof 1.5m) 5500mAh, $235

2. Doogee V
    Android 8.0, 6.2" 1080p, 6-128GB, Helio P60, 4200mAh, $210

Despite what you've heard, I've found almost NO ISSUES with Mali GPUs, of both entry AND high end designs.
    It's the midrange Adrenos that act up.
  • DenisDenis Posts: 18
    I have Xiaomi redmi 5plus, the game is going fine, there are no complaints, except for the fact that the scrolling of bots slows down a little and slightly long downloads, for example 7-10 seconds ..... SP 625, 3/32. if you want, I can even record a video ... u6vd8fs86w4o.png
    dtp7x3cjik1h.png
    we8hilh4swwu.png
    Denis wrote: »
    I have Xiaomi redmi 5plus, the game is going fine, there are no complaints, except for the fact that the scrolling of bots slows down a little and slightly long downloads, for example 7-10 seconds ..... SP 625, 3/32. if you want, I can even record a video ... u6vd8fs86w4o.png
    dtp7x3cjik1h.png
    we8hilh4swwu.png

That's awesome, @Denis !
    The Redmi 5P is now the ONLY OTHER SD625 device besides the Motorola ONE (2018) that works fine with F2F.
    Thanks!
    Latest REQUIREMENT for January 2nd, 2018 announcement:

FAITH

Happy New Year everyone
  • WraithWraith Posts: 34
    edited January 2019
    I've played this game on 4 flagship devices (S8 Exynos, S9+ Exynos, Sony Xperia XZ1, Pocophone). Here's the result:

1. S8 (Exynos 8890 2017 Chipset) = Medium quality graphic, Heats up after a few fights and lagged but it might be because i use samsung's gamebooster + QHD resolution. Playing in medium battery saving mode actually delays the overheating process and the frame rate is quite stable that way.

2. S9+ (Exynos 9810 2018 Chipset) = Medium quality graphic. No overheating after few arena fights

3. XZ1 (Snapdragon 835 2017 Chipset)= High quality graphic. Battery runs out quickly after few fight. Did not remember whether the phone got overheated or not.

4. Pocophone (Snapdragon 845 2018 Chipset) = Medium quality graphic for no reason despite having SD845 (it has high quality graphic back in september before the game was updated). Heats up after long session but did not lag. Crazy touch lag but the blame is on MIUI for the touch lag (best touch response on MIUI Beta 8.12.10 or 8.12.27).

The game is stable on all of the devices. It never crashes
    Thanks for the feedback, @Wraith !
    Android is so varied, we get differing results despite the same processors and specs!

Which is why this thread exists... To lend a hand to the community having issues with F2F.
    2018 F2F Experience Awards:

Here are the most dependable, trouble free and beautiful representations of Kabam's Forged to Fight.

Best Budget Device:
    Motorola moto m (Helio P15, 4-32GB, Android 7.0, $118)

Best Midrange:
    Xiaomi Pocophone F1 (SD845, 6-64GB, Android 8.0-MIUI, $300)

Best High End:
    Asus ROG Phone (SD845, 8-128GB, Android 8.1-ROG, $950)

Best Graphics:
    iPhone XS (A12, 128GB, iOS 12, $1500)

Best Battery Life:
    Motorola e5 Plus (SD425, 3-32GB, Android 8.0, 5000mAh, $180)

Best Entry Point:
    moto c plus (MT6737M, 2-16GB, Android 7.0, 4000mAh, $89)
    F2F 7.2 2 Update:

Recommended BUDGET devices that show NO SIGN of LAG, FREEZES or Force Close

- moto M (Helio P15, Android 7.0, 4-32GB. $113 via AliExpress)
    - motorola e5 plus (SD425, Android 8.0, 3-32GB. $160 via Amazon, eBay)

The January 7, 2019 (7.2.2) update is now exhibiting LONG LOADING TIMES, LAG, FREEZES and FC on previously fine MT6737 (moto e4 plus, moto c plus) devices as well as MT6750 (neffos C7, X9; LG K10P, Vivo V5s, Meizu M6T, Nubia M2L).
    As 1st mentioned by @lightningbaron ,
    Qualcomm SD4xx (425, 430, 450) and SD630 suffering from sporadic FORCE CLOSING and crashes; since the 7.2.2 update.

Devices affected:
    - moto e5 plus (SD425, 3-32GB, Android 8.0)
    - moto g6 (SD450, 4-64GB, Android 8.1)
    - moto X4 (SD630, 6-64GB, Android 9.0)
    - motorola ONE (SD625, 4-64GB, Android 9.0)
    - motorola ONE power (SD636, 4+64GB, Android 9.0)

Happy to report Mediatek mid-range Helio P10, P15, P23, P60 devices doing great with the latest update.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    As 1st mentioned by @lightningbaron ,
    Qualcomm SD4xx (425, 430, 450) and SD630 suffering from sporadic FORCE CLOSING and crashes; since the 7.2.2 update.

Devices affected:
    - moto e5 plus (SD425, 3-32GB, Android 8.0)
    - moto g6 (SD450, 4-64GB, Android 8.1)
    - moto X4 (SD630, 6-64GB, Android 9.0)
    - motorola ONE (SD625, 4-64GB, Android 9.0)
    - motorola ONE power (SD636, 4+64GB, Android 9.0)

Happy to report Mediatek mid-range Helio P10, P15, P23, P60 devices doing great with the latest update.

My device is also running a Qualcomm Snapdragon SD435 but it's not showing any signs of force closing or anything . Infact the loading time is back to normal as well with almost 0 glitches or freezes.
  • @BlackRazak, Moto G6 is still on Android 8.0 with November 1, 2018 security update.

@Slayer, what device are you running with the SD425?
    @BlackRazak, Moto G6 is still on Android 8.0 with November 1, 2018 security update.

It's some old ZTE 2 year old . I dont remember the model because i dont use this phone more often than i use my other phone (oneplus 6).
    Slayer wrote: »
    @BlackRazak, Moto G6 is still on Android 8.0 with November 1, 2018 security update.

It's some old ZTE 2 year old . I dont remember the model because i dont use this phone more often than i use my other phone (oneplus 6).

Okay, so i can recommend the
    ZTE Blade V8
    ZTE Nubia M2
    ZTE Blade X Max
    all running SD435 and ZTE skin over Android 7.0.

Thanks @Slayer
    Slayer wrote: »

Okay, so i can recommend the
    ZTE Blade V8
    ZTE Nubia M2
    ZTE Blade X Max
    all running SD435 and ZTE skin over Android 7.0.

Thanks @Slayer

Sure no problem , bro
    edited January 2019
    iOS update.

You REALLY need a minimum of:
    - A10 Fusion (A9 struggles in 2018/19)
    - 2 GB RAM, preferably 3 GB
    - iOS 11-12

So 7 and beyond for a comfortable F2F experience. No getting around it.

And to those who feel getting a new iPhone just to run MCoC and F2F is economically unfeasible/daft, i recommend an Android that runs F2F fine, at under $120:

- moto m $116 via eBay
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    Hey @Kabam Miike @Kabam Pepper @Kabam Rimehaven ,
    I've an IDEA to make LIVES SIMPLE FOR ALL.

Instead of the constant "What the?" and whining from the F2F community...
    Why is it always "whining" when someone complains? And when did complaining become a bad thing? If someone has a problem with something about the game, bringing it up on the forum is pretty much the only way to get it addressed since Kabam is notorious for not responding to support tickets (and then maybe only 30% chance of a response if they are called out for not responding)!

If its complaining or whining to you, or anyone else, then maybe stop commenting on the complaints or whining. If its a "constant" thing, then you should be able to recognize the complaints enough to steer clear of them. Whining about someone whining or complaining about someone complaining doesn't solve the problem and does nothing else but alienate the person with the gripe and make them feel even more frustrated. How about maybe just offering some helpful advice or point them to helpful advice and not be a hypocrite about it by whining/complaining about someone else whining/complaining!