Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Did YOU Enjoy "Bumblebee: The Movie"?

JKINJKIN Posts: 514
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
Finally, a Bayverse movie not made and only partly produced by Bay!

BTW I'm going to go out on a limb and say this movie is enjoyed by OGs, and is hated by newer bay fans.

Did YOU Enjoy "Bumblebee: The Movie"? 94 votes

Yes
88%
Kabam MiikeFrench_BakeriuJacobManthroDenisSilent_AssassinAndum7TyberiousKFighter021561Faithz17Chuck_CanuckAustin555555HalloweendmGochaBROSaYnTM00NDown_UnderDrShotgunBarricade1776Kabam Vydious 83 votes
No
6%
JKLAnnatarHrockDaveJLAfterburnerLordZarak212 6 votes
Eh, I'm in the middle
5%
DeadSilenceParadoxFuryAnakinPrimeZero117VDigidiv 5 votes
Tagged:

Comments

• JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    Yes
    Surprisingly, yes. This movie was actually pretty good in my opinion, and deserved my thumbs up.

Plot line was much better than the Bayfilms, and the action was pretty good too.
  • tEatEa Posts: 65
    Haven’t seen it yet, hasn’t been released on DVD
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Yes
    My favorite part of the movie was the beginning, the end, and everything that happened in between!

Lol I love your comment 👍😁
    I can’t wait to see the Bumblebee movie 🍿 🎥
  • Eh, I'm in the middle
    It was Eh to me... Bays first was way better, but bumble crushes his other movies.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Yes
    This film felt like it was ripped off the pages of earlier Marvel UK Transformers* comics.
    Which were brilliant.
    It had heart, a sense of scale and wonder, plus naughty, deceitful Decepticons.
    Not overtly bombastic scenarios 24/7.
    You see, they were ROBOTS IN DISGUISE.
    Great lead in Hailee Steinfeld, a teen facing real life issues and a plot which actually makes sense.
    And designs, that while respecting Bay, are REAL Transformers.
    Shatter looks like an updated Nightbird.
    Bee looks like a studio series Goldbug!
    Stop whining and enjoy a lovely TRANSFORMERS film.
    Watch it multiple times so we get a CYBERTRON film!

*Pick up IDW's Transformers UK Classics Vol 1 to see what I'm talking about.
  • Yes
    It was great! And its hard to say why I think so without giving a spoiler or two away--especially since a few people here have said they haven't seen it. I can watch it just for the Cybertron scenes alone! But yeah, Steinfeld did a good job and this was my first, or maybe second movie with John Cena in it and I liked him too. He did a good job and the snark between him and that scientist was really funny.
    Yes
    It was great! And its hard to say why I think so without giving a spoiler or two away--especially since a few people here have said they haven't seen it. I can watch it just for the Cybertron scenes alone! But yeah, Steinfeld did a good job and this was my first, or maybe second movie with John Cena in it and I liked him too. He did a good job and the snark between him and that scientist was really funny.

If I could, I would literally replay the Cybertron scenes at least 5 times.
    Yes
    JKIN wrote: »

YouTube is your friend
    Yes
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    JKIN wrote: »

YouTube is your friend

Yeees it is.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    No
    one of the worst films I've ever seen.
    edited January 2019
    Yes
    DaveJL wrote: »

Do you hate everything that’s great ???...
    The Bumblebee movie is the #1 Transformers Movie Out there
    I haven’t seen it yet but it’s way better ratings than those crummy bay films
    edited January 2019
    Yes
    I’ve got to say yes I love all the spoilers about this movie
    Great job Hasbro #1 Transformers Movie winner here
    Instead of paying to go see the movie I’m going to buy the DVD than I can watch it a couple times in a row if I want 👍👍👍👍👍 in my own home no crowds 😁
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    No
    Jazz444 wrote: »

It isn't great. You haven't even seen it so don't criticise someone else's opinion if you can't actually have one. FYI, Bay was involved in this one as a producer too, so it is still a Bay film. The ratings it has are completey unjustified. The animated film is way better and as far as comparing it to other TF material irrespective of whether it's a film or not, it's lame as hell.
  • Rshxanadu2112Rshxanadu2112 Posts: 20
    edited January 2019
    Wow we are having a heated discussion over a movie. Does anyone else see how this is not something that deserves heated discussion. It's a movie and people are allowed to like and dislike it. Who cares why some people don't and some people do. I know that when I took my 6yr old son to it he loved it. I liked it. I was more happy seeing my son smile and enjoy it because Bumblebee is his favorite bot. All I'm saying is that there are alot more things in the world that deserve upset rather than a comment someone else didn't like. Just let it roll. You'll never change someone's opinion. Best to just keep enjoying it yourself. I know I will probably receive some negative feedback from this. Do I care? Not one bit. Cheers all. Hope everyone has a safe and happy new year.
  • HrockHrock Posts: 132
    edited January 2019
    No
    Its 15 min of action and story about the bots at beginning and end. Everything in the middle was a lifetime channel story about a sad teen girl and her struggles with family and school popularity issues. My six year old asked to leave mid movie. Wasnt that great.
    Yes
    I wasn’t trying to cause anything
    I’m just tired of hearing negative notes

I like Bumblebee’s movie so I put yes
  • Yes
    My family enjoyed it a lot. And apparently the other people too at my local theater. They actually clapped after watching the movie, and I totally didn't expect that.
  • Yes
    I loved it. I wish it was a full reset on the franchise though. Transformers 5 was a mess in my opinion.
    Yes
    I loved it. I wish it was a full reset on the franchise though. Transformers 5 was a mess in my opinion.

Man, it's just a soft reboot and ALREADY the Bay-lovers are going nuts.

Why isn't Charlie Watson in hot pants?
    What kind of hot actress doesn't save the day while looking like she stepped out of a lingerie catalog?!?!!

Why didn't Dropkick take a dump on Cena, whilst pleasuring himself to Johnny 5?

Why no animal copulation?!?

Lack of 'splosions!

Bumblebee is yellow, why isn't he Asian?!? (Bay has done far worse, TBF, twins*cough*vomit*)

Where's CADE?!?
    Yes
    BlackRazak wrote: »

Man, it's just a soft reboot and ALREADY the Bay-lovers are going nuts.

Why isn't Charlie Watson in hot pants?
    What kind of hot actress doesn't save the day while looking like she stepped out of a lingerie catalog?!?!!

Why didn't Dropkick take a dump on Cena, whilst pleasuring himself to Johnny 5?

Why no animal copulation?!?

Lack of 'splosions!

Bumblebee is yellow, why isn't he Asian?!? (Bay has done far worse, TBF, twins*cough*vomit*)

Where's CADE?!?

This is basically exactly what my friend was shouting in whispers at me when we watched the film.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    Yes
    Amazing film.
    edited January 2019
    Yes
    mvpg04z0czer.jpg

Amateur fan edit by me
    (Couldnt get Starscream to line up)
  • Yes
    To be honest tho,the movies in bayverse wasn’t bad,but because of all the inappropriate content and the lack of actual character development and many unnecessary explosions(yes I did say explosions),it really made me hate transformers live action films forever,bcs only thing that improved were the transformers’ design,nevertheless I also hate bumblebee in the bayverse as well.

Until the bumblebee movie came out,and I was amazed.It had an amazing opening scene,great character and relationship development(when it comes to friendship)and intense fighting scenes.when you see them fight,it’s like their actually fighting,unlike in bayverse where the fight scenes are more like bunches of techno-organic robots smashing the s*it out of each other until bits and pieces of metal popped out,it’s less of a fight scene and more of a battle to see who can knock even more bits n pieces out

Of course,I have to thank Travis for b
  • Yes

You're married to Davy JL.
  • Yes
    Jazz444 wrote: »

True
  • Yes
    Transformers movie error even beat the first one better actors and after a while you don't even know who Shiloh LaBeouf is. Hurry character development and it was not over-sexualized it was a good movie you can see who the Autobots and Decepticons were fight scenes were great
  • Yes
    I bet you everyone is praying for this to be in Transformers forged to fight sooner or later. Add Brighton Falls please
  • No
    I thought it sucked. Maybe I’m just too old, but this movie seemed to be aimed at 13 year olds to me. Aquaman felt like Shakespeare in comparison.
  • Yes
    I enjoyed it a lot, especially after watching it a second time (sick days, he he). I liked how the narrative was simple; it wasn't the same old "The world's ending" shtick like the other movies did and just focused on the emotional attachment between a girl and her car, that's all. Both characters have an emotional struggle, with Bee being all alone and Charlie having her own personal problems. There's not too much action in that premise, but the better received movies don't need action. However, speaking of the action....

The action was great, you can actually recognize the bots due to their explicit color designs. The Cybertron scene was undeniably spectacular, from the designs, the action and actually getting the feel of the bots on Cybertron, it was beautiful. The fight scenes on Earth were great as well, as you can actually feel the emotions that some of the bots go through. For example:
    (Actual Spoilers)
    •Shatter's screams of rage as she mercilessly beats Bumblebee.
    •Blitzwing''s grunts of fear, as he knows he's about to blow up.
    •Bumblebee's cute puppy eyes

The humor was kid-friendly and wasn't like Bay's inappropriate jokes (some of Bay''s jokes were ridiculously funny, I'll admit). It was some nice dry humor to go around, amplified by Bee''s innocence and naive behavior.

Bee was cute.

Charlie was a bit more of a rounded character than Sam, having an actual character arc rather than Sam, who just wanted to get in a girl's.... I'm not gonna finish that sentence. I will admit, I do find Sam's character of screaming to be justified because, who wouldn't scream when your car is a giant robot that might squish your guts out? Haliee Steinfiled's acting was phenomenal as you can actually feel the pain she has gone through. Even if it does feel a bit over saturated at some points, it still hits the feels.

John Cena was.... John Cena (I mean this in a fun way). You can tell he's having a good time and he that he's trying to step up his game after comedy movies like Blockers (a great comedy, I may add).

The Decepticons were graceful, a jem compared to most of the Bayformers grunts. Angela Bassett did a great job as Shatter, makingher sound like a deceptive peaceful diplomat. Dropkick was the sadistic muscle, as you can obviously tell by his actions. And Blitzwing, was absolutely awesome. Hearing him made me think Depth Charge was fighting Bee. Huh, Decepticons with more personalities that a dumpster fire, why did it take 6 movies for us to get that?

I detested Charlie's family, however. They seemed way too ignorant and stupid about what's going on or life in generel. I mean really? That's what you give to her on her 18th birthday?

I will say there some clichés here and there, such as:
    •The family is clueless to the main character's pain. But that has happened in real life...
    •Charlie is bullied because her father died?
    •The military are after an alien. They then find out the alien isn't evil and leave it alone.
    And the idea isn't really original either. This has been done in movies like E.T, Iron Giant, Earth to Echo, etc. But even if the premise isn't original, it doesn't mean that's a bad thing, it's far from it. It played the trope out well, and Bumblebee executed that premise quite well. But there is one scene I absolutely hated:
    That scene where Bumblebee gets red eyes and starts shooting everyone. That scene was a complete copy and paste of Iron Giant's rampaging robot scene and had nothing to do with the narrative. It just happens and is never mentioned. Bumblebee could have just broken out and that was it. He didn't have to get red eyed.

But with despite those flaws, it's still a fun, heart-filled film that is great for everyone. Original? No.
    Great? Yes.
    Cute? You bet your stinger it is.