Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

REQUIREMENTS guide.

Comments

• BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Hey @Kabam Miike @Kabam Pepper @Kabam Rimehaven ,
    I've an IDEA to make LIVES SIMPLE FOR ALL.

Instead of the constant "What the?" and whining from the F2F community...
    Why is it always "whining" when someone complains? And when did complaining become a bad thing? If someone has a problem with something about the game, bringing it up on the forum is pretty much the only way to get it addressed since Kabam is notorious for not responding to support tickets (and then maybe only 30% chance of a response if they are called out for not responding)!

If its complaining or whining to you, or anyone else, then maybe stop commenting on the complaints or whining. If its a "constant" thing, then you should be able to recognize the complaints enough to steer clear of them. Whining about someone whining or complaining about someone complaining doesn't solve the problem and does nothing else but alienate the person with the gripe and make them feel even more frustrated. How about maybe just offering some helpful advice or point them to helpful advice and not be a hypocrite about it by whining/complaining about someone else whining/complaining!

@Halloweendm
    Uhmm. No.
    If you discover any issues involving your PREVIOUSLY OK device, OS, etc.
    Help OTHERS by posting here.

Or maybe if you've tested a completely left-field device with an unknown chipset that handles F2F like a champ.

Otherwise, don't clutter the board with your perceived annoyances, and just DM me instead, if you want
    to discuss my prose or penmanship.

Keep to REQUIREMENTS, please.

Thanks
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    As 1st mentioned by @lightningbaron ,
    Qualcomm SD4xx (425, 430, 450) and SD630 suffering from sporadic FORCE CLOSING and crashes; since the 7.2.2 update.

Devices affected:
    - moto e5 plus (SD425, 3-32GB, Android 8.0)
    - moto g6 (SD450, 4-64GB, Android 8.1)
    - moto X4 (SD630, 6-64GB, Android 9.0)
    - motorola ONE (SD625, 4-64GB, Android 9.0)
    - motorola ONE power (SD636, 4+64GB, Android 9.0)

Happy to report Mediatek mid-range Helio P10, P15, P23, P60 devices doing great with the latest update.

I play on iPhone 6 and it keeps on crashing since the update
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    Pinkgoat wrote: »
    I play on iPhone 6 and it keeps on crashing since the update

Not enough RAM to handle all the new content we are getting. /s
    Got a free motorola g5s plus (SD625, 4-32GB, Android 8.1, NFC model) so decided to give it a go, despite issues with the moto Z play and Z2 Play (SD625 and SD626, respectively).

F2F 7.2.2 works GREAT, with no lag, overheating and fantastic battery life. Graphically sound, too.

Mind you it crashes SPORADICALLY when starting a Spotlight Mission; but no health penalties as it's BEFORE a fight.

Weird.

Confirmed CRASH (FC):

ALL ANDROID devices:
    Starting an AM with BG2 or BG3.
    Upon completion, clicking DETAILS->HISTORY will cause an ERROR popup, followed by a FC.

SD625 (motorola ONE, g5s plus):
    Starting any SPOTLIGHT mission after a raid/AM/arena battle will cause device to freeze, then FC.
    RESTARTING f2f solves issue.
    @Kabam Vydious great to have you back.
    Though i intend to keep updating this thread, I'd like to implore you to talk to the devs about a graphical option.

There are multiple instances a budget/entry level device far outperforms 2-3yr old flagships, despite toting far INFERIOR specs.

I've just found out a fellow AM member and regular (positive) punter on the forums, @ScarredArachnid333 has been grinding away and doing pretty good things for my AM squad on a Sammy Galaxy S5 on Android 6.0 (2-16GB, SD801) which is something akin to participating in the UFC with one arm.

F2F's optimization algorithm will detect an 800 series Qualcomm, and will accordingly give mid-high graphical settings.

As stated by me in this thread, even the $80 motorola c plus (MT6737M, 2-16GB, Android 7.0) can handle F2F, albeit with low res graphics, minimal effects and long loading times.

Wouldn't it be prudent (and shut up A LOT of forum users) if there were a graphics, effects and resolution toggle?

One of the reasons there might be a drop-off in active players.

Many people who've been here since beta may not necessarily have access to a newer device.

I've been through dozens* of devices on f2f since March 23, 2018, trying to help others find an acceptable/awesome combo for this game.

Please consider it.

Thanks,
    BlackRazak

*Personal devices, f2f tested:
    Moto Nexus 6
    Droid RAZR Maxx
    Droid Maxx
    Droid Maxx 2
    Droid Turbo
    Droid Turbo 2
    Moto Z Play
    Moto Z
    Moto Z2 Play
    Moto C Plus
    Moto E4 Plus
    Moto G5 Plus
    Moto G5S Plus
    Moto M
    Moto Z2 Force
    Moto G6 Plus
    Moto X4
    Moto E5 Plus
    Motorola ONE
    Moto Z3 Play
    Razer Phone
    Asus ROG Phone
    ZTE Nubia M11
    iPhone SE
    iPhone 7 Plus
    iPhone 8 Plus
    iPad PRO
    Snakebyte Vyper
  • We appreciate you updating and adding to this thread as you have been. We certainly care and want things like this looked at for suggestion/feedback. We'll make sure the rest of the team sees what you've been compiling.

There are multiple instances a budget/entry level device far outperforms 2-3yr old flagships, despite toting far INFERIOR specs.

I've just found out a fellow AM member and regular (positive) punter on the forums, @ScarredArachnid333 has been grinding away and doing pretty good things for my AM squad on a Sammy Galaxy S5 on Android 6.0 (2-16GB, SD801) which is something akin to participating in the UFC with one arm.

It honestly sucks that I can't play in AM.
    It takes at least 30 minutes to load 3 fight and that's if I'm luckily and don't get the error screen
    zm18v6ckxase.png
    Then the fight would pause for another 5 minutes.

I want to contribute to my alliance but it has just become tedious wasting mine and the alliance's time. So instead of taking up a slot in the AM, I've just been sitting on the sidelines, occasionally joining every now in then. In the mean time I hope someone else with a less glitchy phone takes up my spot for the Alliance.
    @ScarredArachnid333 your contributions, despite your phone's limitations, have been superb.
    Thanks.
    No worries pal, hoping you stay, and soon have a device that can handle f2f.
    Update:
    Best iPhone, hands-down, for F2F remains the
    iPhone 8 (A11, 2-64GB, $540)

I think it has to do with the LIMITED RAM and older GUI.
    F2F pegs it at medium settings, so better performance is achieved as game's not on full throttle.

Like a <$80 Android phone on an MTK chipset gives a more STABLE rendition of F2F.

XR and XS still very good (and extremely pretty), but overheating and battery life are issues
    edited February 2019
    Would LOVE to hear from ANYONE using a (current) AllWinner, Rockchip or UniSoC SC9853L processor for F2F
    @ScarredArachnid333 your contributions, despite your phone's limitations, have been superb.
    Thanks.
    No worries pal, hoping you stay, and soon have a device that can handle f2f.

I am going to second what has been said by @BlackRazak.

I still get the occasional error screen. I guess even a tablet with 1.5GB RAM and a MT8163 processor. Half the time, it pops me out of AM back to a node. Slightly more bearable when it loads, but 15 to 30 minutes for 3 fights requires a lot of patience. It's 5 minutes on a current mid range.
    Hey everyone, when buying a phone or tablet, I've to say go with
    aliexpress.com

Compared with those shifty sellers on eBay, GearBest, BanGood, etc. aliexpress actually provides a 90 day warranty or your money back. And cases are solved instantly.

Their refund policy is amazing, as I'm pretty sure their government keep a strict watch on their exported goods.

I've bought tons of stuff from all the major online retailers, amazon, eBay, Bangood, Gearbest, Lazada, Shopee, etc, but only aliexpress provides complete peace of mind.
    @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike
    As you guys are most active in forums, thought I'd parlay a suggestion to Kabam, not just for this game, but MCOC and other future endeavors.

GAME ENGINE BASELINE REQUIREMENTS.

To my knowledge, you guys are using some form of UNITY system, which by right, should equate to a relatively resource/processor/platform/OS friendly piece of kit.
    I think it has compatibility with MOST modern SoCs.

Theirin lies the POINT of this communication:

Mid-range SoCs from Qualcomm, with fairly decent specs, are DEPRECATED at a rate i can't fathom.
    SD6xx series phones, plus older SD8xx are made obsolete for purpose in the blink of an eye.
    2016's flagship Motorola Moto Z Force (SD820, 4-64GB, Android 6.0) can't even PLAY f2f anymore.
    2015 phones with (then) cutting edge SD805 don't get past the loading screen.
    All despite a complete factory reset and no BG processes.
    It's not specs or GPU, as the 2017 mediatek MT6737 (1.2GHz quad, T720 Mali GPU @ 650MHz) plays the game with aplomb, suffering no crashes and minimal lag. On 2 GB RAM!
    Which an iPhone SE actually surpasses, but that device is also dead on the water for f2f.

As Kabam has steadfastly refused a graphical toggle, why not publish guidelines, baseline specs, to cut out the multiple users starting threads on crashing, freezes, etc?

Just my 2¢, to keep a happy customer base.
    edited February 2019
    As reported by @JKIN on iOS (and @DrShotgun on SD710) there are still Range/Dash/Graphical Rendering issues on iPhone X, XR, XS.

I'd classify these issues as optimization, bugs

Not affecting iPhone 8
    The Boys from Brasil tell me that
    Motorola G7 Play (SD632, 2-32GB, A9.0) handles f2f like a champ.
    No crashes, lag or freezes despite just 2GB RAM.

So the best out of the G7 series for f2f are:
    Moto G7 Power (SD632, 3-32GB, A9.0, 5000mAh)
    Moto G7 Plus (SD636, 6-128GB, A9.0, 3172mAh)
    On a completely different note.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious have your devs EVER considered taking MCoC or F2F to the next level by having a more engaging, PRO level of said properties?

By enabling, say, a more traditional form of controls, ala Street Fighter 2-5, Fatal Fury or Mortal Kombat?.
    F2F PRO Edition.
    It would be able to interact with standard MCoC or F2F, difference being players either have an on screen d pad and buttons, or use a proper Bluetooth controller.

This format MUST be a PAID download, and players could even partake in actual LIVE tournaments.
    Imagine the potential and MEDIA COVERAGE.
    This would elevate mobile gaming to the next level.
    PUBG has just started BT input integration, but there are no beat'em ups that do this.
    Physical controller players would be cheered on by normal Touch Screen players at events, as we'd still feel a part of the game, and perhaps fancy going that route.
    Gold mine for you lot.

Just a friendly suggestion.
    Okay, F2F confirmed NO LONGER COMPATIBLE with Motorola RAZR Maxx HD* (and it's magnificent HD Station (which accepts USB gamepads).

The mapping software is incompatible with F2F, which in May 2018 wasn't the case

This was my emulator setup for Atari, NES, SNES, GBA, MS, GG, Genesis, PS1

Note: All MHL capable phones are also rendered non compatible with f2f for BT4.0 gamepads + MHL-HDMI purposes

*Snapdragon S4 Pro, 1.5GHz Dual, 1 GB RAM, Android 4.4.2
  • So I just started playing ever since the last update and so far it's been really great. AM fights don't take too long to load anymore and I don't get the error screen. I managed to finish 5 fights than 10 minutes at the most, which is a breath of fresh air compared to 3 fights in 30 minutes. Fights don't lag as much either. I can finally help my Alliance now and can save up time in the process. However, I would have to play more to see if this a permanent or temporary fix. Last sentence aside, thanks Kabam.

sj7vtwvd60vw.png

@BlackRazak
    @lightningbaron
    I know this is a late reply but I want to say those posts really brightened my mood. I look forward to contributing in the alliance more
    edited February 2019
    I find that ANY Android 6.0 tablet/phone irregardless of specs, to be wonky AF with F2F >7.0
    It seems permissions or settings are incompatible, causing crashes

Also many thanks to @Cheifloaded for posting non-compatibility of NVidia Shield Tab (K1 Tegra, 2-16GB)
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    edited February 2019
    To be fair Android 6.0 was released some good 4 years ago. It's totally understandable that the device is experiencing issues and it can be related to so many things - dalvik/art libs and settings; opengl and even vendor proprietary binaries.

After all we can't expect every single hardware/software to be supported (like the guy with the smarwatch kind of cpu the other day). The game is cpu/gpu demanding and considering all the memory leaks it has, even ram demanding.

Bottom line - some up to date hardware and software is required, otherwise you end up being frustrated.
    Moto X4 (SD630, 3-32GB, Android 8.1-9.0) available for the bonkers price of just
    $140 via Amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/Moto-4th-Generation-hands-free-Exclusive/dp/B077YNYFPD

Or $150 from Best Buy (no Alexa)
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/motorola-moto-x-4th-generation-with-32gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-super-black/6307246.p?&ref=199&loc=TM20TXf59aU&acampID=1&siteID=TM20TXf59aU-V7L0W4gPnKAwrvz4daybeA

Both handle F2F spectacularly well, with no lag, no freezes, minimal crashes.

RECOMMENDED.
    Currently, SD425 (minimal), SD625 (sporadic), SD626 (often) and SD820 devices exhibiting FREEZE<CRASH.
    Leads to lost health penalties.

Devices tested
    SD425 moto E5 plus 3-32GB, a8.0
    SD450 moto G6 4-32GB a8.1
    SD625 moto G5S plus 4-32GB a8.1
    SD625 moto ONE 4-64GB a9.0
    SD626 moto Z2 play 4-64GB a8.1
    SD820 moto Z Force 4-64GB a6.0

@Kabam Vydious
    Latest REQUIREMENTS as per 7.2.2 update:

1. Moisturising Hand Cream.
    Arnica or shea butter based ones, to combat chaffed thumbs, thanks to EVERYONE now having bases stocked with 5* monsters.

2. Eye Drops.
    Combat fatigue and tired, watery eyes due to overly long fights, as every raid has a regenerating Wheeljack.

3. 10000mAh Power Bank.
    Mid range devices, i pity thee. For some reason, SD425 phones now play F2F at a higher than usual graphical setting, ensuring hilarious battery life.
    Also, EVERY arena is now 1.5M points.

4. Ear Muffs.
    To block out the constant whine of forum users INSISTING that F2F is dead
    Just got back from an electronics tradeshow.

No new findings, except
    SD675 > SD710
    MTK Helio P60 > P70 (for F2F, as P70 is PowerVR toting)
    Helio P90 > P60, SD632, SD636, SD710

But MOST amusingly, i saw a dude playing F2F on his SMARTWATCH.
    Looked to be an upgraded Lemfo LEM40 PRO (MT6580, 1-16GB, Android 5.1)
    m6q7oj1z99zx.jpg
    Language barrier aside, he told me it's now 2-16GB and 64bit (MT6737?).
    WHAT A SADOMASOCHIST.
    But i want one
    Latest FINDINGS (Feb 24, 2019-current):

Past 72hr (no update on a Google Play; server side?) have seen an UPTICK in crashes, ERRORS, LAG, INPUT LATENCY and FREEZES for the following processors.

1. Qualcomm SD625 (moto g5s plus, Motorola ONE) with Android 8.1 and 9.0 respectively.
    2. Qualcomm SD626 (moto Z2 play, Android 8.1)
    3. Qualcomm SD425 (moto e5 plus, Android 8.1) slight lag.
    4. MediaTek MT6737 (moto c plus, moto e4 plus) on 7.0 and 7.1.2. ALL symptoms, but no crashes.
    5. MediaTek Helio P15 (moto M) on 7.0, just occasional LAG

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Miike

No new findings, except
    SD675 > SD710

m6q7oj1z99zx.jpg
    WHAT A SADOMASOCHIST.
    But i want one

That's awesome. Looks like a widescreen smartwatch. Was he actively playing or just autofighting?

No new findings, except
    SD675 > SD710

m6q7oj1z99zx.jpg
    WHAT A SADOMASOCHIST.
    But i want one

That's awesome. Looks like a widescreen smartwatch. Was he actively playing or just autofighting?

It was a (long loading) arena fight.
    It clips off, so he used it like the tiny 2.4" device it is.
    Worked fine during fights with MINIMAL lag.
    Guy used a cheat apk, though. 1 hit kill

No new findings, except
    SD675 > SD710

m6q7oj1z99zx.jpg
    WHAT A SADOMASOCHIST.
    But i want one

It was a (long loading) arena fight.
    It clips off, so he used it like the tiny 2.4" device it is.
    Worked fine during fights with MINIMAL lag.
    Guy used a cheat apk, though. 1 hit kill

giphy.gif
  • @BlackRazak, any devices on Intel Atom (CherryTrail) running Android? My only suspect is that they may be slower than Qualcomm Snapdragon processors? I suspect Intel may be stable and not prone to memory leaks, but can't say for sure.