Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Trading bots ?

There are so many bots in forged to fight that I want but can never get like mixmaster so I think it would be a good idea if we were able to trade bots so we can get the bots we all want
Tagged:

Comments

• Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    it would be a nice idea, but they should plan a really nice method to implement it into game.

Galaxy of Heroes tried to do something similar by trading Character Shards with another Character Shards once you have maxed out said character and IMO it was a terrible method which was only beneficial for P2P/P2W players.
  • Ghost22Ghost22 Posts: 9
    Yeah but this is a bit different if they made this a thing in the game they probably wouldn't have character shards you would just trade the character and if you have two accounts you can switch the bots that you want on your main account
  • FarkasFarkas Posts: 63
    Not going to happen they would lose there entire income supply
  • Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    Ghost22 wrote: »
    Yeah but this is a bit different if they made this a thing in the game they probably wouldn't have character shards you would just trade the character and if you have two accounts you can switch the bots that you want on your main account

Of course they wouldn't have it. I just stated that GoH method to "trade" characters was awfully planned.
    Alkiser it isn't the same game who knows maybe it will go well
    Farkas how would they lose there entire income suplly they could sell trading badges to people like in "mcoc"
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Please stop talking you can't trade champs in mcoc either the point is to make the bot appealing they want you to want it you can't just trade for it you have to earn in arenas or buy it
    Amano it's just an idea don't get your pants in a not
  • Ghost, I think it'd be a nifty idea, especially if it's within an alliance and some of the members are getting lower-star bots that they don't want and don't feel like forging, but want to help newer members who aren't getting the bots they'd like to be competitive in alliance missions. If implemented properly, it'd help alliances overall by helping players compete who'd otherwise be screwed by the RNG crystal system.
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    This will NEVER happen that takes away the whole point of luck from crystals and arena grind it's very simple that it will never happen
  • Amano wrote: »
    This will NEVER happen that takes away the whole point of luck from crystals and arena grind it's very simple that it will never happen

Calm down Amano. It could possibly work even with a crystal and arena grind system, although it depends on how it's implemented. Never say never ;)
  • Bad idea trading bots.
  • 1Pharaoh1Pharaoh Posts: 36
    Trading bots will be a terrible idea! Shameful players thinks otherwise. Shouldn't even be a discussion
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Let's not forget the fact that people could sell bots for real money to people ect if people think there are unfair advantages now this would create even worse scenarios people could start accounts get first few free bots get lucky pull sell repeat new account ect
    Can you guys just get off my back I'm just thinking of an idea
  • FarkasFarkas Posts: 63
    Dont like non supportive thinking then probably not a good idea to post on forums.
  • ToughnutToughnut Posts: 201
    There is no point of discussing this. Won't happen. EVER.

MustangJon gave the #1 reason why.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    NO!TRADING BOTS IS A TERRIBLE IDEA!!!
    IT'D BE ABUSED BY SCAMMERS AND HACKERS!!!
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited July 2017
    The reason everyone gets angry at trading ideas in these games is that they NEVER WORK.

All it does is allow the biggest spenders to get even further ahead of f2p because they will

A: build alt accounts to trade with themselves or only trade amongst other big spenders

B: Trade their numerous duplicates to the "trade-in store" if trading is only allowed via the game, and not player to player.

Either way, it completely destabilizes the game economy and it will drive players away, not attract them.

There is NO good way to implement trading. To prove it, I challenge anyone to come up with a bulletproof system of trading.

I 100% guarantee I will find a way to break it.
  • AGBanditAGBandit Posts: 113
    edited July 2017
    I'll take you on that challenge:
    All trades can happen if they meet ALL 4 requirements.
    A ) Trades allowed between Alliance Members Only.
    B ) Trades will charge a certain amount of crystals.
    C ) Trades will meet a Power Ranking requirement equivalent. (3* for 3* or 2*-maxed for new 3*, etc.)
    D ) Trades will take 48 hrs to go into effect as they are being reviewed by a server Admin (Warm body that works for Kabam).

There. Bulletproof.
    Even if you make the requirements A through C only, it would still be around 90% effective at hindering boosters.
    edited July 2017
    AGBandit wrote: »
    I'll take you on that challenge:
    All trades can happen if they meet ALL 4 requirements.
    A ) Trades allowed between Alliance Members Only.
    B ) Trades will charge a certain amount of crystals.
    C ) Trades will meet a Power Ranking requirement equivalent. (3* for 3* or 2*-maxed for new 3*, etc.)
    D ) Trades will take 48 hrs to go into effect as they are being reviewed by a server Admin (Warm body that works for Kabam).

There. Bulletproof.
    Even if you make the requirements A through C only, it would still be around 90% effective at hindering boosters.

Nope.

Build alt accounts. Enough to populate almost a whole alliance.

When an alt pulls a great bot, invite yourself to alliance. Trade bot with yourself, go back to your own alliance.

There will be too many game wide transactions to review every single one, that's literally not gonna happen. Nor would they pay someone to do it when trading lowers revenue and now you want them to pay salary to a pylon? Not a chance.

Broken.

And if you think players won't do this, you are sorely mistaken.
    edited July 2017
    Nope.
    Part B costs you to do that. A booster that does this is PAYING for it.
    Also
    Part C makes the booster invest valuable time and effort. If they're trading even powered bots with themselves, who cares. It's "EVEN".
    and
    Part D prevents the system being abused. Kabam wouldn't have to police 100% of the accounts, just the ones that deal with 3*'s and above. Told you, bulletproof.
    edited July 2017
    Nope.
    Part B costs you to do that. A booster that does this is PAYING for it.
    Also
    Part C makes the booster invest valuable time and effort. If they're trading even powered bots with themselves, who cares. It's "EVEN".
    and
    Part D prevents the system being abused. Kabam wouldn't have to police 100% of the accounts, just the ones that deal with 3*'s and above. Told you, bulletproof.

You are dreaming.

Whales don't care about spending energon or crystals. They always have more than f2p and as a result can exploit any type of trading system to their advantage, and do it happily to fill the bots they are missing or want more dupes of at a fraction of the cost compared to buying in store.

Part C means absolutely nothing. If everyone in my alliance made a single alt account and an alt alliance, we could just trade amongst each other with double opportunity.

Part D is also useless. Just make trades between alliance missions during dead time. Use a VPN to mask your IP so no one can see the trades are happening from the same player(s)

Your idea isn't even close to bulletproof, it's full of bullet holes... And it still doesn't address the underlying factor that is the biggest problem; spenders get a quantum leap in advantage in any trading system, no matter how you slice it. They simply have more resources to exchange, and become gods faster than you can blink.

Trading sucks. The end.

• Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    If it happens in the game, it'll suck

The end, I don't want to be flagged
    Manthro wrote: »
    You are dreaming.

Whales don't care about spending energon or crystals. They always have more than f2p and as a result can exploit any type of trading system to their advantage, and do it happily to fill the bots they are missing or want more dupes of at a fraction of the cost compared to buying in store.

Part C means absolutely nothing. If everyone in my alliance made a single alt account and an alt alliance, we could just trade amongst each other with double opportunity.

Part D is also useless. Just make trades between alliance missions during dead time. Use a VPN to mask your IP so no one can see the trades are happening from the same player(s)

Your idea isn't even close to bulletproof, it's full of bullet holes... And it still doesn't address the underlying factor that is the biggest problem; spenders get a quantum leap in advantage in any trading system, no matter how you slice it. They simply have more resources to exchange, and become gods faster than you can blink.

Trading sucks. The end.

And you are creating imaginary strawmen to validate your concerns.

IF I could become a "WHALE" (wtf that is) not caring about energon or spending crystals, then I'd do it. In fact everyone would. BUT not everyone can. If paying to play increases someone's ability to obtain crystals (which the current system supports) then what's the problem? THEIR collection of high star bots does NOT effect YOUR gameplay.

Part C has a caveat you're failing to grasp. Another account means spending DOUBLE the time invested JUST to trade with yourself. Plus the BULLETPROOF contingency that the bots MUST BE EQUAL. How do you keep missing that?

Part D has a strawman where you assumed there would be "dead times". Good try. Never mentioned it. Plus you threw the added strawman that Kabam can ONLY ID an account via IP and no other means. Give Kabam some credit.

All of your bullets are ricocheting. I was promised 100% penetration and this isn't even making me break a sweat.

Trading can happen done MY way. The beginning.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Why is this debate still going on? The other one mike closed down already confirmed they have no intentions of adding this
    It's not a debate. It's wishful thinking by offering Kabam NEW ideas they've never considered.
  • Slibby8803Slibby8803 Posts: 115
    It's not a debate. It's wishful thinking by offering Kabam NEW ideas they've never considered.

Except they never considered it because flat out, it creates a system of abuse that is orders of magnitudes to large to combat. Any system created to do this would be such a hassle to manage that it would any sort of benefits of having trades seem minuscule. Trading bots is ludicrous as is your "bulletproof system."
  • SmirkyDrewSmirkyDrew Posts: 118
    Trading bots should not be up for discussion. This would be easily abused.
  • VindictiveVindictive Posts: 24
    Waste of time even typing on this convo lol
This discussion has been closed.