Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

REQUIREMENTS guide.

Comments

• BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @BlackRazak, any devices on Intel Atom (CherryTrail) running Android? My only suspect is that they may be slower than Qualcomm Snapdragon processors? I suspect Intel may be stable and not prone to memory leaks, but can't say for sure.

ASUS ZenPad 7.0 (Z370CG) is the only Atom X3 device I've got, running Android 5.0 with 2-16GB.
    Formerly ran version 5.x F2F on it, with LONG LOADING TIMES.
    Will check on Wednesday when I retrieve said device, @lightningbaron
    F2F CONFIRMED running MAX GPU settings on The following:
    - iOS A12
    - iOS A11x
    - SD8150 (adreno 640)
    - SD675 (adreno 612)
    - Helio P90 (powerVR GM9946)
    - Helio P70 (mali G72)
    ATTENTION MEDIATEK PLAYERS:
    The last UPDATE seems to have lowered (further) graphics settings and FPS on the following, to various degrees
    - MT6737¹ ² ³
    - MT6580¹ ² ³
    - P10¹
    - P15²
    - P25²
    - P23²
    - P60³

A reboot before extended play sessions MINIMISES lag¹ and freeze² issues, but long loading times³ when FIRING UP F2F remains.
    @lightningbaron X3 Atom devices have a popup warning upon opening

"Your device isn't officially supported..."

Then crashes galore
    Ok, I've tried multiple devices running Intel X86 based chips (Asus ZenPad x3-C3230, 2-16GB, Android 5.1; SENWA LS9918, SC9853i, 4-64GB, Android 7.1.2) and the newer Airmont chips seem to cope fine, unfortunately the Atom x3 stutters, lags and has a terrible frame rate.
    Battery life is abysmal.

Snapdragon and MediaTek still the optimal Android SoCs for F2F
  • Thank you @BlackRazak. I was thinking Atom X5, but I wouldn't expect much difference. Surprised that it is device isn't officially supported. You confirmed my research in terms of performance compared to Snapdragon.

I may look into android-x86.org and see if I can chuck Android Oreo onto a Thinkpad Yoga S1. I think you know where I am going with this?

Android 5.1 is a bit old, I don't think it's getting security updates anymore.
    @lightningbaron all the Teclast, Chuwi, etc Dual Boot Windows 10/Android tablets are also going with atom X5 + Android 5.1 combo.
    Havent the slightest idea why 5.1 is so popular amongst China OEMs
    edited February 2019
    u5q6dffncuu0.jpg

In honor of shark week, i present an excellent device for F2F

Xiaomi Black Shark
    8-128GB, 5.99" FHD IPS, SD845 on Android 8.1
    t7a14236mkfd.jpg
    do4cnrlvgpyu.png
    In case you're wondering, F2F controls are confirmed to be mappable to the add on gamepads
    Quick update.

China OEMS that work with F2F 7.2

Bluboo D5 Pro (MT6737, 3-32GB, A7.0) $80
    Bluboo S3 (MT6750, 4-64, A8.1) $150
    Leagoo S9 (MT6750, 4-32, A8.1) $114
    Today I've seen something that might excite @Kabam Vydious and co.

A presentation showcase using VR/AR peripherals on an Android 7.1.2 based Rockchip RK3188 system got me thinking, "Could this work for F2F, as the movement CMOS and IR sensors used only replicated swipe, cursory and tap commands?"

YES.

I downloaded F2F 7.2.2 (third party store, the RK3188 box didn't have Play access), downloaded all the OBB, et voila.

MOTION SENSOR ARENA FIGHTS!

I was terrible, though, and only reached 2.5x multiplier before getting spanked.

The guys doing the presentation were rolling around laughing their gonads off

Here's what the system looked like
    q1f8f601mbar.jpg
    ikh813ar42wa.png
  • StrawbelsStrawbels Posts: 21
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    - iOS A12
    - iOS A11x
    - SD8150 (adreno 640)
    - SD675 (adreno 612)
    - Helio P70 (mali G72)

I just looked at this s9 is running a stronger version of mali g72 so I wonder why I can't get the max gpu.
    Strawbels wrote: »
    - iOS A12
    - iOS A11x
    - SD8150 (adreno 640)
    - SD675 (adreno 612)
    - Helio P70 (mali G72)

I just looked at this s9 is running a stronger version of mali g72 so I wonder why I can't get the max gpu.

@Strawbels the SD845 has a power save, Big-Small ARM architecture, whereas the P70 lets it run unhindered.

Remember all the MediaTek haters complaining about how bad the MTK eats batteries in comparison to Qualcomm!
    Strawbels wrote: »
    - iOS A12
    - iOS A11x
    - SD8150 (adreno 640)
    - SD675 (adreno 612)
    - Helio P70 (mali G72)

@Strawbels the SD845 has a power save, Big-Small ARM architecture, whereas the P70 lets it run unhindered.

Remember all the MediaTek haters complaining about how bad the MTK eats batteries in comparison to Qualcomm!

The one in my country is the exynos processor so it's not a snapdragon processor. But it might be a similar situation. It has the same mali g72 gpu just more cores to it.
    edited March 2019
    @Strawbels sorry about that.
    I've stated previously that Kabam* need to look into why Exynos, Hisilicon Kirin and SD6xx, 710 series phones always encounter GPU issues despite the great SoC.

Yet budget SoC like Allwinner, Rockchip, Spreadtrum and MTK have no problems whatsoever. Strange.

In another thread you mentioned your partner's Galaxy S8.
    Is that model Qualcomm or Samsung SoC powered?

* @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
    @Strawbels sorry about that.
    I've stated previously that Kabam* need to look into why Exynos, Hisilicon Kirin and SD6xx, 710 series phones always encounter GPU issues despite the great SoC.

Yet budget SoC like Allwinner, Rockchip, Spreadtrum and MTK have no problems whatsoever. Strange.

In another thread you mentioned your partner's Galaxy S8.
    Is that model Qualcomm or Samsung SoC powered?

* @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious

Hers is the Samsung chip too. They don't sell the Qualcomm versions in Australia.
    @Strawbels will get a colleague to do GPU test runs vs Qualcomm and MTK chipsets.

Sorry i couldn't sort out your issues
    Older phone users (or non flagship),
    Investing in a cheap $1.30 REVERSIBLE, L-Shape micro USB cable, is fantastic for unhindered gameplay whilst charging.

ajwf0ida2qnc.jpg
    fxekm5zj2q7u.jpg
    m1c1ih9fnucg.jpeg
    Well done @Kabam Vydious
    I think optimization detection has IMPROVED, as a MT6737 SoC now renders even LOWER RES graphics, which IMPROVES stability and loading times.
    Yes, the iOS crowd might laugh, but better battery life, decent loading times and more fluid fights makes those in enter level hardware a happy base.

g9ac0a1dkyla.png

HOWEVER SD625, 626 exhibits ' Flicker of Death' symptoms, where bots flicker, then game crashes, and usual 50% health penalty (motorola ONE, G5S PLUS, Z2 PLAY; all on Android 8.1 and above)
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    Older phone users (or non flagship),
    Investing in a cheap $1.30 REVERSIBLE, L-Shape micro USB cable, is fantastic for unhindered gameplay whilst charging.

ajwf0ida2qnc.jpg
    fxekm5zj2q7u.jpg
    m1c1ih9fnucg.jpeg

In all honesty, I have gotten used to playing with the cable. The USB connector is between my pointer finger and the one that flips the birdie. 🤣
    edited March 2019
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Miike please tell your crew, under no circumstances, pair yourselves.
    https://wccftech.com/qualcomm-details-snapdragon-elite-gaming-feature/amp/
    Unless you want people outside NA regions to abandon F2F, this set of requirements ONLY works with FUTURE, GROUND UP, PROJECTS.
    Even then, plenty of mid-range and flagships DO NOT USE QUALCOMM SOCS.
    Quick update (MID RANGE)

SD625, 626 on vanilla 8.1, 9.0 builds exhibiting high rate of crashes (moto g5s plus, motoONE, moto z2P)

SD425, 450 have telltale FLICKER of graphical assets just a FC (moto e5 plus, moto g6) both 8.1

SD630, 632 stable (motoX4, moto g7 power) with no issues

Helio P15, P25 no issues (moto M)

MT6737 on moto e4 plus (3-32GB) near unplayable due to lag and slow touch response, but MT6737 moto c plus (2-16GB) still untouchable as cheapest entry to F2F, with only long loading times as a con. Does not suffer lag or input errors.
    Wholeheartedly RECOMMEND the
    Motorola Moto X4 (SD630, 4-32GB) at just $147.98 from either Cricket or Google Fi.

Still a fantastic device, handles F2F with aplomb and is even waterproof.

At the above prices, truly a steal
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    @BlackRazak Whats up !
    So im getting a new Phone - Poco F1
    i was meaning to ask you whether its suitable for FTF or not , i mean the graphics, loading time and all.

also if anyone currently plays ftf on poco f1 then please send me some ingame clicks , cheers !!
    Slayer wrote: »
    @BlackRazak Whats up !
    So im getting a new Phone - Poco F1
    i was meaning to ask you whether its suitable for FTF or not , i mean the graphics, loading time and all.

also if anyone currently plays ftf on poco f1 then please send me some ingame clicks , cheers !!

Ktomov uses it as his primary device.
    Battery life, reliability, loading times are all excellent, but
    Strangely
    SD845 in poco F1 renders graphics in medium quality, unlike other OEMs.

Still, one of the better phones for f2f
    edited March 2019
    medium quality graphics ? i guess its because of IPS LCD display? and not Amoled
    edited March 2019
    Slayer wrote: »
    medium quality graphics ? i guess its because of IPS LCD display? and not Amoled

Nothing to do with screen tech.

For some reason, the poco f1's SD845 has been configured for medium resolution, unlike other OEM. Which in itself is strange.

But it's still a great experience, @ktomov can attest. Great endurance, no lag or freezes, no crashes.

I haven't a clue what you're using now, @Slayer , but it would most probably be an upgrade (the f1).
    Im using Oneplus 6 right now but im going to give it away to my sister therefore I'm buying f1
    @Slayer the OP 6 actually renders better graphics, despite both toting SD845.
    But the stability and battery life of the F1 is far superior.
    @Slayer the OP 6 actually renders better graphics, despite both toting SD845.
    But the stability and battery life of the F1 is far superior.

ah okay guess i’ll have to manage then lol
    Samsung Update.

EXYNOS 9610 equipped Galaxy A50 and
    NOT the Motorola ONE Vision, exhibiting texturing in shadows, ala SD710 devices (e.g. Oppo R17), but running fine otherwise.

More prevalent in the A50 (weird as Mali G72 has a stellar F2F record thus far)

Battery life is excellent.