Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Thundercracker 5* event

13»

Comments

• DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Congrats @DaveJL !
    (You don't have the same pseudo as IG, so I couldn't know)

Lol yeah, this forum name was my old MCoC name but decided for a change this time
  • Same_ol_GSame_ol_G Posts: 104
    rpbqrgx8e428.jpg
    3y3fylyj7aqy.jpg
    r315nnb2u7tk.jpg
  • Just wanted to drop in and thank you all for your feedback on this. I'll make sure the rest of our team hears what's being shared and we take it all into account for the future.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Just wanted to drop in and thank you all for your feedback on this. I'll make sure the rest of our team hears what's being shared and we take it all into account for the future.

Never do this again. Please.
  • edited April 2019
    Kitten wrote: »
    Just wanted to drop in and thank you all for your feedback on this. I'll make sure the rest of our team hears what's being shared and we take it all into account for the future.

Truthfully, we're probably going to do it again, but will be taking your feedback into account before doing that. We want to be able to offer a variety of Content, especially when it comes to recurring things like Arenas.

There's obviously some places that we can improve on this, as you guys have mentioned.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897

Truthfully, we're probably going to do it again, but will be taking your feedback into account before doing that. We want to be able to offer a variety of Content, especially when it comes to recurring things like Arenas.

There's obviously some places that we can improve on this, as you guys have mentioned.

grr
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779

The 4* basic milestone was one of the best additions to MCOC ever I thought.

3 days of grinding non-stop though, is too much. The cooldowns don't allow for any deviation or missed runs, and planning your life meticulously for 3 days because you know there are others who can grind it out and not miss a run, really ruins it. Genuinely a 20m or 22m milestone would have been so much better than having such a narrow band for rewards.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088

This was a terrible idea...absolutely nothing for the weaker players...ya only get a good reward if you do 6m+ for 4* and however much 5* is...I'm disappointed...
  • 3 day event. Day one 3* day two 4* days three 5*.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    I don't mind these arenas (not that I participated). Can you guys rework the milestone rewards though? You need to give the players that know they can't complete for top 30 something to work for. I'm not asking for more PBC either, it should be much more than that.
  • ReworkRework Posts: 122
    edited April 2019

This was a terrible idea...absolutely nothing for the weaker players...ya only get a good reward if you do 6m+ for 4* and however much 5* is...I'm disappointed...

I wouldn't say nothing... My 200K points in the 5* arena got me 500 4* shards.
    Plus with so many top players chasing TC, I ranked a tier higher than expected on the T4B arena! LOL

That aside, I agree it was terrible idea. If you have top players putting in huge efforts only to rank 31+ and get almost nothing, you are going are going to chase away those players.
    The designers have to learn treat their customers better than this. But while they program neat games, old fashion business sense has never really been Kabam's strong point...
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    As noted in another thread, I did pick up a 4* TC through the 4* Arenas. That said, the extreme approach I took in Arenas to acquire said TC is probably an approach I will not take again... even if it costs me a shot at another new 4*/5* bot.

I know many Commanders forged 4* bots into 5* bots, unaware that Kabam was considering reintroducing the Tier Arenas back into the game for TC. That hurt many Commanders’ chances in the 4* & 5* Arenas. I made a hard choice in the Arenas, & sacrificed chances to pick up Basic Tier Shards, Bot Crystal Shards, & Signature Upgrades to focus on the 4* Arenas.

I wish there was a way for Commanders to have more opportunities to win bots like TC. IMO, the last Milestone achievement should automatically award you the BOTM. If you want to make achieving all objectives a little harder (like 4.5 million for the last milestone in 4* Arenas to get a 4* & 7.5 million for the final milestone in 5* Arenas to get a 5*), so be it. All we ask for is chance to reward Commanders who grind to put up a big score & be rewarded accordingly for achieving a huge milestone... not having them push nonstop to try & deny other Commanders, who can also post big (albeit slightly less) totals.
  • Kitten wrote: »

Ehh, thx for being honest.
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited April 2019
    to be honest, it was lucky I stopped first day after spending 800 energon.

If...

If, as a new player myself, I didn’t come to forum and spent 5000 energon and didn’t get anything. I am 100% sure I would have rage uninstalled

Luckily,

Instead of being selfish, people actually helped a lot over here :)
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    小龙女 wrote: »
    to be honest, it was lucky I stopped first day after spending 800 energon.

If...

If, as a new player myself, I didn’t come to forum and spent 5000 energon and didn’t get anything. I am 100% sure I would have rage uninstalled

Luckily,

Instead of being selfish, people actually helped a lot over here :)

They already told you about a minimum of 15m in Wechat group.
  • NidRobNidRob Posts: 202

Hopefully not, I did participate in this event and won a 5* ThunderCracker. But it was a very tough & exhausted event. Being disconnected from real life is not an enjoyment at all.
    I really like the new AM that doesn’t need too much time to be done, hope you consider all the game modes the same as no time consuming ones.
    An idea for arena should be a solo run for your roster, so the ones that have a large roster have their big chances to be in top 30. That will be a better way for not being grinding all the day. Hope you take that in consideration.
  • Same_ol_GSame_ol_G Posts: 104
    NidRob wrote: »

Hopefully not, I did participate in this event and won a 5* ThunderCracker. But it was a very tough & exhausted event. Being disconnected from real life is not an enjoyment at all.
    I really like the new AM that doesn’t need too much time to be done, hope you consider all the game modes the same as no time consuming ones.
    An idea for arena should be a solo run for your roster, so the ones that have a large roster have their big chances to be in top 30. That will be a better way for not being grinding all the day. Hope you take that in consideration.

Can't just do it like that nid otherwise the rich get richer without much effort. Obviously a bunch of us used our large rosters for ridiculous streaks but that was our choice.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    edited April 2019

As someone who didn’t participate, if you wanted more players to do the time and energon sink, I think there should be maybe a 15 million milestone that awarded the 5* Thundercracker instead of just top 30. Cos honestly anyone who can do 5 million points a day x 3 days freaking deserves it already. Personally even hitting the 1.5 million milestone per day is already a chore.

But I still see no reason to participate in arenas for new bots. Because why do I need more bots when you only need 3 bots to clear the existing content??
  • serdoodserdood Posts: 115
    Instead of top 30 getting the bot have milestones where the higher milestones will net you the featured bot crystal with a chance to get that bot. The higher the milestone the more crystals. This will give a chance without going crazy grinding. Gives a choice if you want more chances grind more.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    serdood wrote: »
    Instead of top 30 getting the bot have milestones where the higher milestones will net you the featured bot crystal with a chance to get that bot. The higher the milestone the more crystals. This will give a chance without going crazy grinding. Gives a choice if you want more chances grind more.

This would be similar to Bee event. I would like a shift in that direction.

LOL I didn't even realize that. This to me will give everyone a chance imo. Still Kabam will need to balance it so they can still make money for the people that are willing to spend money.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049

LOL I didn't even realize that. This to me will give everyone a chance imo. Still Kabam will need to balance it so they can still make money for the people that are willing to spend money.

If they made unlimited milestones, then they could make money on energon sales. Also, they could follow these arenas with energon-based deals so people who blow their wad on arena would be forced to buy Grims for the deal. Diabolical, like Weird Al Yankovic.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998

except the odds in those crystals are horrible. they need to give you a 💩load of crystals and even then people will still get skunked.. Grind 15 mm arena pts to pull nothing but 3* bots. no thanks..
    Not sure about the unlimited milestones. I think people would like to see some type of finish line. How about milestones with x amount of crystals and if you want to go beyond that then keep the 1-30 or some number guarantee for the bot. That way those of us satisfied with milestones at least has a shot and the whales that want to get top spots will still go for it.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited April 2019
    At the very least don’t give peanuts to those who fall outside the top 30. I feel bad for that dude who placed 31 and got less rewards than he could have if he just did the crystal arenas for a fraction of the effort.
  • I would normally feel bad for the 31st.
    Not on this one.
    But I feel bad for the 32nd.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    This is going to be an unpopular opinion but this kind of arena should not be one where everyone can get the bot. Too much everyone needs to win attitude. These are featured bots that should be rare at first (eventually they all make it into regular crystals aside from Bee).

I do agree a good change would be milestones that include the featured crystal. You might end up with all 3*s for grinding 15M but at least there was some kind of chance.
  • TheBeastInsideTheBeastInside Posts: 429
    edited April 2019
    What about a second category of "generic chips" you would grind in these special events like arena or raids or missions, and then used to buy the exclusive bots that would be made available in the store at specific periods ?

For instance, in this arena, if you reach the 15m milestone you have summed up in total 1000000 of these chips, and can get the 5* exclusive bot.
    If not, you keep the chips you've earned with the previous milestones for the next event.
    This way, spenders will spend the 300$ for the 9000 cubes needed to cooldown their favourite 150k team.
    And the others can still have a go
  • In fact, bad idea probably.
    The milestones would have to be way higher.
    And it will just make a second "currency" to grind for, with the same kind of play modes.