Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

master spotlight full explore

小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
Even though I made a post saying this month boss was easy, have anyone fully explored the map with a squad of 6k, 6k, 6k, 4K, 4K bots?

When I looked at the final path, all bots are 16000 rating, I am hesitent to try. I am not sure and didn’t check, but I think all the bots are on the mod that damage you when your melee gets blocked which is ok on boss but is difficult if all 16000 bots are on that and especially bad if the bot evades too.

And I am just curious if those pros fully explore master with this kinda squad rating regularly.

Cheetor and arcee not fun if on block mod, I didn’t try yet but can imagine
5v1kbqwxwrae.png

Comments

• ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Its just numbers. You can beat em with 3k bots
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited May 2019
    Buttehrs wrote: »
    Its just numbers. You can beat em with 3k bots

I just tried, it is not easy but definitely do-able with ton of practice, the hardest is probably arcee. 18000. And then Cheeto’s. The other ones on path can be beat with 0 squad damage.

Trial run
    qlsnb0cn1pqh.png

Second run
    k5oi2j1m6v0z.png
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Yes I beat it with only 1 R3 max forge 5*, the rest were R2 and R1
    Kitten wrote: »

I looked at your thread, you are pro man. I have only attempted it 2 runs and only got to arcee without revive heal. I am running out of time, probably won’t finish it. But i need to train myself like you.

I heard Top alliance do AM map with bots at 40K+ rating. So definitely need your level of skill to be competent.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Fully exploring master is not meant to be an easy task, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't keep trying. Once you pick up on the AI's behavior, the easier the master difficulty will become. For example, try to maintain a proper distance between yourself and the enemy, if you're hit by a combo, don't react by trying to immediately counter with a combo of your own as the AI either dodges or block your hits. Try to regain ground by 'reseting' your presence, meaning don't get backed into a wall. When you inevitably do get backed into a wall, learn how to dodge hits by swiping backwards - its a must.

Keep at it, you'll eventually either get stronger bots to make it easier, or learn how to fight better. Practice makes perfect.

Here are some video examples to take a look at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jySGhkU3d_Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f864zeM-LdE&t=
    小龙女 wrote: »
    Kitten wrote: »

I looked at your thread, you are pro man. I have only attempted it 2 runs and only got to arcee without revive heal. I am running out of time, probably won’t finish it. But i need to train myself like you.

I heard Top alliance do AM map with bots at 40K+ rating. So definitely need your level of skill to be competent.

Don’t forget bro, you’re still new to this game. I practiced for 2 years and still I’m not even the best 😂. There’s no need to rush man just take your time if you can’t beat master then work on your bots so you can beat it next month.
    @that1guy thanks for the video. He beat arcee and kickback with basically 0 damage taken...I will still need to practice a lot to get that level. He definitely can do this without revive with bots under 4K
    @Kitten yeah man I was definitely rushing a bit. That t3 alpha, I wish they give out shards for beating other boss other than fully explore. That was the whole reason I am rushing
    @that1guy I instantly improved and took out 4 bots on path 2 with 5% damage. watching others play is inspiring
    vs0t935pry6o.png

• iBKiBK Posts: 200
    I explored Master with a squad of 5.2K, 5K, 4.7K, 3.6K and 3.7K. I spent ~100 energon on Megatron. Definitely not easy and took a few retries, but I got there in the end.
    Too bad my 5* awakening was garbage though.
    edited May 2019
    iBK wrote: »
    I explored Master with a squad of 5.2K, 5K, 4.7K, 3.6K and 3.7K. I spent ~100 energon on Megatron. Definitely not easy and took a few retries, but I got there in the end.
    Too bad my 5* awakening was garbage though.

You play well! I am opposite i find megatron easier. When I side step I can hit most bots but kickback will dodge back and hit me back.

I just do not understand how mirage in the video could 100% hit back after sidestep....maybe mirage have kinda like precision buff not sure
    ddjq8q2m2xi3.jpg
    Used only one revive for all of master. All 4* r5 and max forged.

@Buttehrs dam u guys all good at this game
    @Buttehrs dam u guys all good at this game

Its taken alot of practice and knowing the AI behaviors to become decent lol
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    ddjq8q2m2xi3.jpg

OP is asking about exploration. This only shows completion...
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    ddjq8q2m2xi3.jpg

OP is asking about exploration. This only shows completion...

Your point? I offered what advice i had.
    My point? OP has already completed. Come back and give advice after you’ve explored master. With your R5 maxed forged 4* bots, you should be able to explore master. We’ll wait for your advice then.
    My point? OP has already completed. Come back and give advice after you’ve explored master. With your R5 maxed forged 4* bots, you should be able to explore master. We’ll wait for your advice then.

Except i have no desire to explore becuase whats the point. I do what i can when i have time and i dont explore...oh well its just a game.
    Then why are you trying to give advice to someone looking to explore master when you are not looking to do so? *face palm*
    Then why are you trying to give advice to someone looking to explore master when you are not looking to do so? *face palm*

Because he asked how its possible to fight with bots 4k or so rating. Why are you here finding a reason to belittle people because they arent on your level.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Just going to slide in here and hopefully not rustle any feathers, as I’m not interested in a debate.

The OP asked for advice, yes, and many have come forward to give it. However not everyone has the time, patience, roster, skill or any other miscellaneous reason to fully explore master. I don’t. I complete master and explore expert, and that’s as far as it goes for me. However it doesn’t mean I can’t give advice on how to get past certain mods/bots. There are players more skilled than I am who can take the advice and go forward. Just because I don’t want to doesn’t mean they can’t.

From what I remember, I used grimlock on arcee. The mod needed a purifier to get through her with little damage taken as possible. Looking at the OP’s team (sorry I can’t get foreign letters on my keyboard) it’s what he’s missing badly, is a purifier. My advice is bring someone like grim or primal to deal with those bleeds, and you should be fine. It’ll also help with KB as well to bring a purifier to avoid those shocks/bleeds.

Also, with regards to having issues catching KB after he dashed in, maybe try bringing another anti evade. I brought drift with me just for KB as his evade throws me off a lot as well. HR does well enough but you need to actually land the deceleration debuff in the first place, which ain’t easy since he’s quite jumpy and agile.

Hope that helps. and keep it peaceful guys and gals, the guy wants advice, not a debate. Arguing doesn’t help anyone, least of all the OP.
    Your initial reply just declared that you had “used only one revive for all of master”. There was no advice given. I was simply pointing out that you had only completed it and not explored, thus it is not “all of master”.

I am not belittling you. Just pointing out that your “advice” is woefully inadequate.
    Honestly the thread fascinates me cos I do remember the days when we had only 4* bots and working on master. I would explore expert first to familiarise myself with the bots on each path, then take the easiest path in master to acquaint myself with the boss with as much health in my bots as possible to experiment. When I did master, I would plan the bots to bring very carefully. The bots I brought mattered more than their ratings for some paths. I had one bot of each class that I was working on concurrently. I would bring all except the bot class that was disadvantaged against the boss. My 6 bots were Ironhide, MV, Mirage, Bludgeon, WB, OG OP.

Subsequently, someone did a video of how he cleared all bots in hardest path of one master spotlight using only OG OP, with 3 Ratchets on the team. Even against demo bots. I also saw another video of someone clearing a master path with only one 4* OG OP for entire path. And those videos did help a lot too, to reduce my dependency on class advantage.

For this month, I’ve cleared master with wasp, Cheetor, primal, Shockwave, Bludgeon. I’ve also cleared it with MV, OG OP, IH, Prowl, Ratchet. I’m trying to see if I have time to clear it with OG OP, Wasp, Barricade, Drift, Soundwave, Primal, but this last team I don’t have enough beasts for synergy, plus I can’t use Soundwave for nuts. So honestly I’m also looking to see what bots/ paths to be aware of. Good thing is, unlike previous spotlights (think Primal) where I had to throw multiple bots against boss, kickback does die pretty easily, being a fragile scout.
    Honestly the thread fascinates me cos I do remember the days when we had only 4* bots and working on master. I would explore expert first to familiarise myself with the bots on each path, then take the easiest path in master to acquaint myself with the boss with as much health in my bots as possible to experiment. When I did master, I would plan the bots to bring very carefully. The bots I brought mattered more than their ratings for some paths. I had one bot of each class that I was working on concurrently. I would bring all except the bot class that was disadvantaged against the boss. My 6 bots were Ironhide, MV, Mirage, Bludgeon, WB, OG OP.

Subsequently, someone did a video of how he cleared all bots in hardest path of one master spotlight using only OG OP, with 3 Ratchets on the team. Even against demo bots. I also saw another video of someone clearing a master path with only one 4* OG OP for entire path. And those videos did help a lot too, to reduce my dependency on class advantage.

For this month, I’ve cleared master with wasp, Cheetor, primal, Shockwave, Bludgeon. I’ve also cleared it with MV, OG OP, IH, Prowl, Ratchet. I’m trying to see if I have time to clear it with OG OP, Wasp, Barricade, Drift, Soundwave, Primal, but this last team I don’t have enough beasts for synergy, plus I can’t use Soundwave for nuts. So honestly I’m also looking to see what bots/ paths to be aware of. Good thing is, unlike previous spotlights (think Primal) where I had to throw multiple bots against boss, kickback does die pretty easily, being a fragile scout.

Thanks for the tips! You are always a helpful friend :)
    edited May 2019
    n2vxfopd5cca.png

@Faithz17 finally did it....

1. I beat megatron mission with no potion used. Megatron was easy actually. Once he is cornered and down you just keep stepping up and beat him until he gets out of range.
    1. Kickback was not as hard as I thought, basically I rarely fire missle, I always try to side step and hit back, he will dodge back but that’s fine, as soon as he does that you just back out and start over again.
    2. Kickback when he is in corner I just keep stepping up to him I can hit him most of the time this way.
    3. Kickback, bring someone tanky, warrior is actually not as good a choice if not enough rating.
    4. Sometimes it is better to tank out a block shock damage and push him away than getting comboed
    5. Cheetor wasn’t hard, just side step and hit back that’s all
    6. Arcee on final path without immune debuff was actually easy! First try push him to corner, and keep stepping up and beat her in corner, she usually don’t dodge out. Second, as soon as she got comboed once, she will have special 1, love her special 1. Always able to combo her again after special 1 and just keep beating her. Don’t even need to dodge too much of her shot, cuz she is always down.

One of my trick is always keep beating bots in corner. The only times you don’t want to do that is if he has bar filled or has unstoppable or he is a shark bot or a barricade, a bludgeon. These bots tend to fight back faster than you.
    n2vxfopd5cca.png

@Faithz17 finally did it....

1. I beat megatron mission with no potion used. Megatron was easy actually. Once he is cornered and down you just keep stepping up and beat him until he gets out of range.
    1. Kickback was not as hard as I thought, basically I rarely fire missle, I always try to side step and hit back, he will dodge back but that’s fine, as soon as he does that you just back out and start over again.
    2. Kickback when he is in corner I just keep stepping up to him I can hit him most of the time this way.
    3. Kickback, bring someone tanky, warrior is actually not as good a choice if not enough rating.
    4. Sometimes it is better to tank out a block shock damage and push him away than getting comboed
    5. Cheetor wasn’t hard, just side step and hit back that’s all
    6. Arcee on final path without immune debuff was actually easy! First try push him to corner, and keep stepping up and beat her in corner, she usually don’t dodge out. Second, as soon as she got comboed once, she will have special 1, love her special 1. Always able to combo her again after special 1 and just keep beating her. Don’t even need to dodge too much of her shot, cuz she is always down.

One of my trick is always keep beating bots in corner. The only times you don’t want to do that is if he has bar filled or has unstoppable or he is a shark bot or a barricade, a bludgeon. These bots tend to fight back faster than you.

Well done mate!
    @Kitten thanks for help bro, u have been helpful :wink:
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Good work man, just keep at it.
    @that1guy thanks for help man!
  • Job4abotJob4abot Posts: 40
    How long did it take u guys to get good at this game? I started a few months ago I can’t get thru expert and I have a few r1 5 star bots