Homeā€ŗ General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Buffs for Nemesis Prime (No snark pleasešŸ‘)

Basically NP is a clone of prime right? 90% of the FtF community however feels like he's somewhat disappointing though (probably becuase he's getting compared to G1 Prime).
Now since he's somewhat exclusive right now and not all of us are going to get him, who cares, what do you guys think he *needs* to be better/liked?

Personally for me it's :
25% healing as a normal ability and his Sig something else
Nullifies buffs he copies instead
Armour breaks like U.Magnus with heavys
Ā«13

Comments

• BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Nemesis Prime is already one of the strongest bots this game has ever seen. If you awaken him, you now have a bot on par with Megatronus. He doesnā€™t need even more, especially when other characters are already becoming weaker and weaker compared to the new ones.
    Just the concept of giving a buff to Nemesis while Ratchet, Hound and Mixmaster are in their current state is insane.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    edited July 2019
    All I've been hearing so far is hate, where have you guys been becuase I want to go there?
  • I think he needs a strong armor break
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    edited July 2019
    snarkity snark
    All I've been hearing so far is hate, where have you guys been becuase I want to go there?

Iā€™m not trying to hate, and I say this as nicely as I possibly can, but youā€™re an idiot if you think Nemesis Prime needs a buff. He has high damage and medium health, he can nullify and copy buffs, is always strengthening his heavy attacks, can apply armor break and attack down on opponents, gains a 7-12 second depending on what your game plan is for your fight, and once heā€™s awakened he heals with his special attacks without fail. Heā€™s the second best bot in the game. HE DOESNT NEED A BUFF. This is the equivalent of saying ā€œhey you know, Megatronus seems like heā€™s getting weak on us, how about after every combo he becomes unstoppable, and weā€™ll make his dark burns drain all the opponents power?ā€ Why would you buff Nemesis?!
  • All I've been hearing so far is hate, where have you guys been becuase I want to go there?

Iā€™m not trying to hate, and I say this as nicely as I possibly can, but youā€™re an idiot if you think Nemesis Prime needs a buff. He has high damage and medium health, he can nullify and copy buffs, is always strengthening his heavy attacks, can apply armor break and attack down on opponents, gains a 7-12 second depending on what your game plan is for your fight, and once heā€™s awakened he heals with his special attacks without fail. Heā€™s the second best bot in the game. HE DOESNT NEED A BUFF. This is the equivalent of saying ā€œhey you know, Megatronus seems like heā€™s getting weak on us, how about after every combo he becomes unstoppable, and weā€™ll make his dark burns drain all the opponents power?ā€ Why would you buff Nemesis?!

I think when the OP means they've been hearing hate, they probably heard hate on Nemesis prior to making their post. Not talking about the disagreements in this thread.

I think when the OP means they've been hearing hate, they probably heard hate on Nemesis prior to making their post. Not talking about the disagreements in this thread.

Maybe. I saw some other people agreeing that Nemesis is already strong enough so I figured he was talking about our responses to that.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited July 2019
    Just the concept of giving a buff to Nemesis while Ratchet, Hound and Mixmaster are in their current state is insane.

If you think Mixmaster actually needs a buff, then you need to learn how to play the game with more skill. He is insanely good.

The only reason why he isn't seen on many rosters is because players are unwilling to learn new Battle tactics. In reality he is one of the best demo bots whether you agree with it or not.
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    edited July 2019
    Manthro wrote: Ā»

If you think Mixmaster actually needs a buff, then you need to learn how to play the game with more skill. He is insanely good.

The only reason why he isn't seen on many rosters is because players are unwilling to learn new Battle tactics. In reality he is one of the best demo bots whether you agree with it or not.

Agreed. All you need with Mixmaster is some patience and minimal evasion skills, and you've got a Bot that can overcome even the Relic of Immortality with a Sp1.
  • Nemesis Prime is already one of the strongest bots this game has ever seen. If you awaken him, you now have a bot on par with Megatronus. He doesnā€™t need even more, especially when other characters are already becoming weaker and weaker compared to the new ones.

Sorry how is he strongest. Even if u give it to me for free, he will just end up as a rank 2 arena bot....

Tell me what makes him strong? I will give u a counter argument
  • Beastdad wrote: Ā»
    Nemesis Prime is already one of the strongest bots this game has ever seen. If you awaken him, you now have a bot on par with Megatronus. He doesnā€™t need even more, especially when other characters are already becoming weaker and weaker compared to the new ones.

Sorry how is he strongest. Even if u give it to me for free, he will just end up as a rank 2 arena bot....

Hopefully this is just trolling.

If u ask pro to give out a list of top 8 bots, he probably wonā€™t even make it to the list

Look, Ratchet Mixmaster and Hound are fine, every bot in this game is at least usable in most situations. But those three are far and away the worst bots in the game, alongside Demotron. Ratchet is lackluster in appearance stats and abilities(I made an entire thread on it), Hound has very low damage output, Demotron is only above average if you put him on a team with inferior bots, and then we have Mixmaster. For him to put out good damage, you need to either spend a minute running around avoiding being hit while not using special attacks or, if heā€™s awakened, try and land a few perfect blocks, which is not terribly hard but itā€™s not terribly easy either. It takes all that for him to put out damage equal to other demo bots. Galvatron? Dash back and hold block and now all your ranged attacks deal 60% more damage and your critical melees are stronger. Ironhide? Just use your attacks and you naturally boost your critical damage and strengthen your already strong heavy and special attacks. Ramjet? Youā€™re naturally strong and well armored, you can gain permanent special attack buffs from attacking, and you have some of the games best synergies. Mixmaster needs you to use a different, worse play style to put out damage equal to his peers. He is a passable bot. Passable. I can use him, and I can win matches with him, but itā€™s gonna be less fun, less effective and more time consuming. Same thing applies to using Ratchet or Hound or Demotron. Sure, I can use them, and I do sometimes. But all of them have better counterparts. Need Ratchet for his healing? Use Wheeljack or Jetfire, they canā€™t heal as good, but they have better defense and offense. Need Demotron or Mixmaster for their damage? Use Ramjet or Galvatron or Ironhide for the above reasons. Hound is at least unique in that heā€™s the only one with his precision ammo, but thatā€™s only useful against Arcee, Windblade, Mirage and Barricade.

Agreed. All you need with Mixmaster is some patience and minimal evasion skills, and you've got a Bot that can overcome even the Relic of Immortality with a Sp1.

You know who else can overcome Relic of Immortality? Soundwaves special 2, Shockwaves special 2, Ratchets special 3, Mirages special 2, Movie Primes special 1, Ironhide special 3, Galvatrons special 2 and special 3, Ramjets special 2 and 3, Waspinators special 3, Tantrums special 3. Relic of Immortality is annoying sure but itā€™s almost never a threat or the reason I lose a match.

High damage and medium health, ability to imitate debuffs, nullify buffs, copy buffs, boost your heavy attack, replace buffs with attack down and armor break, and become unblockable for up to 12 seconds. All that, and you can heal yourself with every special attack if you awaken him. Admittedly, none of these buffs are even all that strong, but thereā€™s no real counter to any of his abilities or him as a character. Thereā€™s his true strength.
  • PiconiaPiconia Posts: 106
    ...what do you guys think he *needs* to be better/liked?...

bdd.jpg

• Bodyopus79Bodyopus79 Posts: 155
    And maybe with a say, Power of the Primes mod buff he can become as equally god-like on raids and wipe the floor with my entire gd squad.
    Yeah; no thanks.
    The skorp + tech console combo is challenging while not being infuriating as a 'certain' other bot with a 'certain' other base mod. More thoughtful upgrades or combos like skorp + tech, less like the ones that are just cheap cash grabs for rekking players, pls.
  • JackinJackin Posts: 21
    Its life steal not heal which is even stronger. Thats what screen says when you use a special. Not sure if its a glitch though. Cause description is heal.
    Hes really really good
    Jackin wrote: Ā»
    Its life steal not heal which is even stronger. Thats what screen says when you use a special. Not sure if its a glitch though. Cause description is heal.
    Hes really really good

I thought it was heals 25% damage dealt with specials?
    Not like Megatronus' special 2 whereby it actually steals health
  • JackinJackin Posts: 21
    Dunno.. like i said could be a glitch. But every time i use a special with him it says life steal.
    Its difficult to tell since his is hitting and healing/stealing health @ the same time.
    Tronuses is easy to see. Since its a separate action.
    Probably a glitch
    edited July 2019
    I feel the urge to go check his Intel report, BRB...

Here we go : Special Attacks restore Nemesis Primeā€™s health for 15~25% of damage dealt.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008

Look, Ratchet Mixmaster and Hound are fine, every bot in this game is at least usable in most situations. But those three are far and away the worst bots in the game, alongside Demotron. Ratchet is lackluster in appearance stats and abilities(I made an entire thread on it), Hound has very low damage output, Demotron is only above average if you put him on a team with inferior bots, and then we have Mixmaster. For him to put out good damage, you need to either spend a minute running around avoiding being hit while not using special attacks or, if heā€™s awakened, try and land a few perfect blocks, which is not terribly hard but itā€™s not terribly easy either. It takes all that for him to put out damage equal to other demo bots. Galvatron? Dash back and hold block and now all your ranged attacks deal 60% more damage and your critical melees are stronger. Ironhide? Just use your attacks and you naturally boost your critical damage and strengthen your already strong heavy and special attacks. Ramjet? Youā€™re naturally strong and well armored, you can gain permanent special attack buffs from attacking, and you have some of the games best synergies. Mixmaster needs you to use a different, worse play style to put out damage equal to his peers. He is a passable bot. Passable. I can use him, and I can win matches with him, but itā€™s gonna be less fun, less effective and more time consuming. Same thing applies to using Ratchet or Hound or Demotron. Sure, I can use them, and I do sometimes. But all of them have better counterparts. Need Ratchet for his healing? Use Wheeljack or Jetfire, they canā€™t heal as good, but they have better defense and offense. Need Demotron or Mixmaster for their damage? Use Ramjet or Galvatron or Ironhide for the above reasons. Hound is at least unique in that heā€™s the only one with his precision ammo, but thatā€™s only useful against Arcee, Windblade, Mirage and Barricade.

You know who else can overcome Relic of Immortality? Soundwaves special 2, Shockwaves special 2, Ratchets special 3, Mirages special 2, Movie Primes special 1, Ironhide special 3, Galvatrons special 2 and special 3, Ramjets special 2 and 3, Waspinators special 3, Tantrums special 3. Relic of Immortality is annoying sure but itā€™s almost never a threat or the reason I lose a match.

Solid post right here. The big takeaway is that everything is relative until itā€™s not (choice of the person making their case for a bot). I think we can all agree that every bot has a use so blanket statements like saying ā€œbot X is uselessā€ are an indicator of personal bias and lack of insight ā€” the cancer of all Internet forums.
  • BDunked2BDunked2 Posts: 58
    Beastdad wrote: Ā»

If u ask pro to give out a list of top 8 bots, he probably wonā€™t even make it to the list

Are you being serious? Go look at some videos of him in action.... his healing ability is just jaw dropping when he lands his SP.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    edited July 2019
    @NidRob lol care to post that vid of you fighting Primal Rotk here .. šŸ˜…
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    BDunked2 wrote: Ā»

Are you being serious? Go look at some videos of him in action.... his healing ability is just jaw dropping when he lands his SP.

Am I missing something? Since I couldnā€™t find any awakened Nemesis Prime video yet, I had to choose the videos featuring his Boss fight. From what Iā€™ve seen, his healing doesnā€™t seem that ā€œjaw droppingā€.
    n7czbyolrr7n.png
    g1o0j8joshrq.png
    xpin1rykh366.png
    8ipevl7nsah7.png

Would love to see more Life Steal gameplays from yā€™all, though

Solid post right here. The big takeaway is that everything is relative until itā€™s not (choice of the person making their case for a bot). I think we can all agree that every bot has a use so blanket statements like saying ā€œbot X is uselessā€ are an indicator of personal bias and lack of insight ā€” the cancer of all Internet forums.

No bot in the game is useless, but many are weaker than other characters. Take Barricade and Scorponok. Barricade gains a crit rate buff for special 3, crit rate buff and the best evade in the game when knocked down, backfire on ranged attacks and special 1, a power steal on special 2, increased critical damage based on his opponents power, and his backfires stack and last longer when heā€™s awakened. Thatā€™s a decent kit to have. But then you have a bot like Scorponok. He can bleed bots easily, buff his high damage and repair health from light medium heavy and ranged attacks with every bar of power gained, daze his opponent, and inflict backfires that stack easier and guarantee either a long stun(2 stacks) or devastating shock damage over a short period of time, damage so strong and fast, even Grimlock can only mitigates half of it. None of this is to say Barricade is weak, he can still hold his own against many characters, though itā€™s normally going to be a pretty even fight. But Scorponok is such a beast to use, using Barricade over him will almost never be tactically viable, especially when comparing their respective teams youā€™ll often find them on. Most Beast Wars bots are among the best in their class(Primal, Rhinox, Cheetor, Scorponok) and have a solid synergy with each other and a great synergy with Primal. Whereas the Movie Cons are either among the weakest in their classes(Demotron, Grindor, Mixmaster) or hovering in the mid to low tier(Barricade, Bonecrusher) and only Demotron gets any good synergies. In fact, Barricade and Grindor have a synergy that works against their skill sets:they power lock the opponent...Grindor, whoā€™s main offensive ability is attacking an opponent with high power, and Barricade, who doesnā€™t rely on it as much, but is still weakened by it. Youā€™d be better off not using them on the same team, but if you do that, now Demotron is weaker? What kind of sense does that make? And poor Mixmaster, he doesnā€™t even get an incoming synergy from anyone! He gives out one or two but gets nothing! Heā€™s one of the least effective characters in the game, and he doesnā€™t even benefit from being with his teammates. Sure, I can use the movie cons. Iā€™ll win missions with them. But it is always less effective and thereā€™s no reason for me to use them over any other team.
    Gunz0 wrote: Ā»
    BDunked2 wrote: Ā»

Am I missing something? Since I couldnā€™t find any awakened Nemesis Prime video yet, I had to choose the videos featuring his Boss fight. From what Iā€™ve seen, his healing doesnā€™t seem that ā€œjaw droppingā€.
    n7czbyolrr7n.png
    g1o0j8joshrq.png
    xpin1rykh366.png
    8ipevl7nsah7.png

Would love to see more Life Steal gameplays from yā€™all, though

Damn I want him but won't šŸ˜Ø
  • Manthro wrote: Ā»

No bot in the game is useless, but many are weaker than other characters. Take Barricade and Scorponok. Barricade gains a crit rate buff for special 3, crit rate buff and the best evade in the game when knocked down, backfire on ranged attacks and special 1, a power steal on special 2, increased critical damage based on his opponents power, and his backfires stack and last longer when heā€™s awakened. Thatā€™s a decent kit to have. But then you have a bot like Scorponok. He can bleed bots easily, buff his high damage and repair health from light medium heavy and ranged attacks with every bar of power gained, daze his opponent, and inflict backfires that stack easier and guarantee either a long stun(2 stacks) or devastating shock damage over a short period of time, damage so strong and fast, even Grimlock can only mitigates half of it. None of this is to say Barricade is weak, he can still hold his own against many characters, though itā€™s normally going to be a pretty even fight. But Scorponok is such a beast to use, using Barricade over him will almost never be tactically viable, especially when comparing their respective teams youā€™ll often find them on. Most Beast Wars bots are among the best in their class(Primal, Rhinox, Cheetor, Scorponok) and have a solid synergy with each other and a great synergy with Primal. Whereas the Movie Cons are either among the weakest in their classes(Demotron, Grindor, Mixmaster) or hovering in the mid to low tier(Barricade, Bonecrusher) and only Demotron gets any good synergies. In fact, Barricade and Grindor have a synergy that works against their skill sets:they power lock the opponent...Grindor, whoā€™s main offensive ability is attacking an opponent with high power, and Barricade, who doesnā€™t rely on it as much, but is still weakened by it. Youā€™d be better off not using them on the same team, but if you do that, now Demotron is weaker? What kind of sense does that make? And poor Mixmaster, he doesnā€™t even get an incoming synergy from anyone! He gives out one or two but gets nothing! Heā€™s one of the least effective characters in the game, and he doesnā€™t even benefit from being with his teammates. Sure, I can use the movie cons. Iā€™ll win missions with them. But it is always less effective and thereā€™s no reason for me to use them over any other team.

I would choose barricade over scorponok