Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

REQUIREMENTS guide.

Comments

• BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited March 2019
    Updated RECOMMENDED Budget Device List.

$80 - moto c plus, MT6737, 2-16GB, a7.0

$120 - oppo A3S, SD425, 3-32GB, a8.0
    - moto m, Helio P15, 4-32GB, a7.0

$150 - moto x4, SD630, 3-32GB, a9.0
    - moto g5s plus, SD625, 4-32GB, a8.1

RE: 8.0 Update

On behalf of my alliance [1 Way], I'd like to extend our thanks and gratitude for the latest installment of F2F.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Rimehaven @Kabam Custos @Kabam Tenebrous @Kabam Pepper

I know some from the community are insufferable, whiny and entitled brats, so we're taking the opportunity to wish a heartfelt thanks to you guys and the team, for your efforts.

Long may this endeavor continue, and we wish you all well, and salut.

Fingers crossed this update is kind to all, with minimum fuss, bugs and crashes.

Love from [1 Way]
    @BlackRazak
    @lightningbaron
    @AAGZ0921
    @ScarredArachnid333
    @Hijacker2531
    First 8.0 report:
    MT6737 ☑️ moto c plus, 7.0
    MT Helio P15 ☑️ moto m, 7.0
    MT Helio P25 ☑️ Doogee Mix 2, 7.1.2
    Exynos 9610 ☑️ Samsung A50, 9.0
    SD425 ☑️ moto e5 plus, 8.1.0
    SD625 ☑️ moto g5s plus, 8.1.0
    SD626 ☑️ moto z2P, 9.0
    SD630 ☑️ moto x4, 9.0
    SD632 ☑️ moto g7 power, 9.0

All tested the past 2hr (04.03.2019) on AM, Spotlight, Story and Raid.
    NO CRASHES THUS FAR.
  • Hi - my iPhone 6 has suddenly stopped being able to play FtF since I recently had an iOS 12 update. Constant crashing, making it unplayable. Is there anything that can be done? I see a reference earlier up to issues with the 6. Thanks!
    BoyceJack wrote: »
    Hi - my iPhone 6 has suddenly stopped being able to play FtF since I recently had an iOS 12 update. Constant crashing, making it unplayable. Is there anything that can be done? I see a reference earlier up to issues with the 6. Thanks!

Just tested an iPhone 6 Plus on 12.2, and I'm sorry to say this is par for the course.
    iPhone 6S also suffering intermittent crashes and freezes.

Sorry @BoyceJack , but at the moment 7 barely scrapes through, and 8 remains the sweet spot.
    To make you feel better, iPhone X doesn't handle f2f without massive heating issues, too.

Still a stellar device for day 2 day usage, but perhaps you've considered a cheap, dependable Android from my recommendations list?
  • Many thanks! I ll take a look.
    Android (Qualcomm) users:

SD425, 450, 625, 626 with ADOPTABLE STORAGE ENABLED, advise a move of F2F game files, OBB to INTERNAL MEMORY partition.

Constant crashes in F2F 8.0 leading to SD Cards switching to READ ONLY MODE.
    Memory Corruption (forced switch to read-only) update:

For time being, best to install F2F and associated game files on INTERNAL MEMORY with devices running Android 8.0< and SD4xx, 6xx, 8xx.

MediaTek devices on 7.0, 7.1.2 unaffected.
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    Hi - my iPhone 6 has suddenly stopped being able to play FtF since I recently had an iOS 12 update. Constant crashing, making it unplayable. Is there anything that can be done? I see a reference earlier up to issues with the 6. Thanks!

Just tested an iPhone 6 Plus on 12.2, and I'm sorry to say this is par for the course.

Sorry @BoyceJack , but at the moment 7 barely scrapes through, and 8 remains the sweet spot.
    To make you feel better, iPhone X doesn't handle f2f without massive heating issues, too.

Still a stellar device for day 2 day usage, but perhaps you've considered a cheap, dependable Android from my recommendations list?

Hey @BlackRazak contrary to what you said, I've been playing on an iPhone 6s for a while, and it only starts lagging after an hour of playing. It has never crashed for me before. I got this phone last spring, so it's year old now. Maybe it could be a glitch on your phones? Just trying to be helpful. Or am I the odd one out?
    BlackRazak wrote: »

Hey @BlackRazak contrary to what you said, I've been playing on an iPhone 6s for a while, and it only starts lagging after an hour of playing. It has never crashed for me before. I got this phone last spring, so it's year old now. Maybe it could be a glitch on your phones? Just trying to be helpful. Or am I the odd one out?

You lucky lucky man.
    Or you're more attentive with closing unnecessary apps and processes.

The 6S plus, according to most forum dwellers, is cutting it too close for F2F, ever since 7.0.
    I've had tons of reports and personal experience of HORRENDOUS overheating, leading to lag, crashes, freezes.
    Some commenters have stated that using it in low mode alleviates some of the issues, but i haven't used an iOS device since December (iPhone 8).

(The worst update, as it deprecated a whole slew of devices, including iPhone 5S, SE, 6, iPad Mini, and tons of previously serviceable Androids like the Nexus 6, moto Z, ZP, Droid Turbo 2, etc)
  • BlackRazak wrote: »

You lucky lucky man.
    Or you're more attentive with closing unnecessary apps and processes.

The 6S plus, according to most forum dwellers, is cutting it too close for F2F, ever since 7.0.
    I've had tons of reports and personal experience of HORRENDOUS overheating, leading to lag, crashes, freezes.
    Some commenters have stated that using it in low mode alleviates some of the issues, but i haven't used an iOS device since December (iPhone 8).

(The worst update, as it deprecated a whole slew of devices, including iPhone 5S, SE, 6, iPad Mini, and tons of previously serviceable Androids like the Nexus 6, moto Z, ZP, Droid Turbo 2, etc)

AHHH. Knowing FTF is a big power drainer (pun intended), I'm always in low power mode from 100% to 1%. Thanks man
    After getting a 'response' from the team:

Android users with 8.0-9.0 devices running QUALCOMM are to TURN OFF ADOPTABLE STORAGE and install F2F in INTERNAL MEMORY, otherwise a bug i discovered that turns your micro SD into READ-ONLY* might affect you.
    This means no downloads, saving pictures, files, music, ANYTHING involving WRITE TO DISK.

Here's a list of MY Androids that have been affected/compromised.

1. Oppo Y85 (MT6762, 8.0)
    2. Oppo A3S (SD425, 8.0)
    3. Motorola G5S Plus (SD625, 8.1.0)
    4. Motorola X4 (SD630, 9.0)
    5. Moto G7 Power (SD632, 9.0)
    6. Moto Z2 Force (SD835, 8.1.0)
    7. LG V40 ThinQ (SD845, 9.0)

*List of crippled, non-recognised micro SD:
    PNY Elite-X 64GB,
    Patriot LX-A1 64GB,
    Sandisk Ultra A1 128GB,
    Samsung EVO+ U3 256GB,
    OSMR U3 A1 64GB.
    edited April 2019
    Probably my last post in this thread.
    No longer economically feasible.

But you can use Kabam's very own guide to supported devices*
    http://kabam.force.com/PKB/articles/en_US/FAQ/Unsupported-DevicesTFM?retURL=/PKB/apex/KbSearch?searchstring=device&game=a0Za000001GVJfzEAH&language=en_US&amp;popup=false&amp;issue=All&amp;game=a0Za000001GVJfzEAH&amp;searchstring=device&amp;language=en_US&amp;articletitle=Unsupported Devices

Happy hunting, and look out for each other, guys.

*Updated Q4 2017
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998

Android users with 8.0-9.0 devices running QUALCOMM are to TURN OFF ADOPTABLE STORAGE and install F2F in INTERNAL MEMORY, otherwise a bug i discovered that turns your micro SD into READ-ONLY* might affect you.
    This means no downloads, saving pictures, files, music, ANYTHING involving WRITE TO DISK.

For the setups you mentioned...if you turn off Adoptable storage and leave the SD as Portable storage..I assume it'll be safe to have the game saved on the SD and not encounter this read only bug?
    Voltron wrote: »

For the setups you mentioned...if you turn off Adoptable storage and leave the SD as Portable storage..I assume it'll be safe to have the game saved on the SD and not encounter this read only bug?

@voltron if ADOPTABLE STORAGE is turned off, the game will automatically save to INTERNAL.

Which is fine, but not ideal for those with entry level hardware, as some phones are STILL sold in 2019 with 1GB RAM and 8GB internal (that means 95% of Android GO devices).
    The game takes up about 800Mb + 93Mb for the apk itself.

Once you've bought a NEW high capacity A1 microSD and reinstalled F2F (which I've done 9 times on various devices) and selected ADOPTABLE STORAGE anyway, go to
    App Settings/Trasformers Forged To Fight/Storage/Change to INTERNAL.

THEN FINGERS CROSSED.

You don't wanna lose important files and data just for this game, as i have.
    ADOPTABLE SD RECOVERY

1- Make a backup of the card
    Code:
    ddrescue -n /dev/sdc bad-card.img bad-card.log
    ddrescue completed in one pass with zero errors. Nice. From here, I'm working with a BACKUP of the card, NOT the card itself.

2- See what's on the card
    Code:
    fdisk -l bad-card.img
    Output:
    Code:
    Disk bad-card.img: 120.3 GiB, 129116405760 bytes, 252180480 sectors
    Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    Disklabel type: gpt
    Disk identifier: XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX

Device Start End Sectors Size Type
    bad-card.img1 2048 34815 32768 16M unknown
    bad-card.img2 34816 252180446 252145631 120.2G unknown
    3- Copy the 2nd partition to a file
    Code:
    dd bs=512 skip=34816 if=bad-card.img of=bad-card-p2.img
    * Your numbers may be different

4- Using the encryption key I found using the link, above, mount (read-only) this (2nd) copy of the card
    Code:
    losetup -r -f --show bad-card-fs-p2.img

cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/loop0 bad-card-fs-p2.img

dmsetup create crypt1 --table "0 252145631 crypt aes-cbc-essiv:sha256 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 0 /dev/loop0 0"

mkdir /tmp/mount1

mount -o ro -t ext4 /dev/dm-4 /tmp/mount1
    * Your numbers may be different

nb, the "4" in "/dev/dm-4" can be identified by the minor device-number here:
    Code:
    dmsetup info crypt1
    Name: crypt1
    State: ACTIVE
    Read Ahead: 256
    Tables present: LIVE
    Open count: 1
    Event number: 0
    Major, minor: 252, 4
    Number of targets: 1

HUGE thanks to Nelenkov
    https://nelenkov.blogspot.com/2015/06/decrypting-android-m-adopted-storage.html?m=1
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    What are the Moto phones? Are they reccomended?

@Bntyhntr3232_ yea, those cheap as chips Motorola C+, e5+, m, x4, etc are all proper F2F capable.
    Since they don't come with a HORRENDOUS UI from Samsung, Oppo, LG, Sony, etc., about as close you'll get to budget Pixel devices.
    Always been the case since 2013.

I even ran F2F off an Atrix HD with HD Docking station and gamepads up to F2F v6.2.0.
    Which was epic, playing my fave brawler on a 65" OLED Sharp TV.

@Bntyhntr3232_ yea, those cheap as chips Motorola C+, e5+, m, x4, etc are all proper F2F capable.
    Since they don't come with a HORRENDOUS UI from Samsung, Oppo, LG, Sony, etc., about as close you'll get to budget Pixel devices.
    Always been the case since 2013.

I even ran F2F off an Atrix HD with HD Docking station and gamepads up to F2F v6.2.0.
    Which was epic, playing my fave brawler on a 65" OLED Sharp TV.

Very intresting...they seem neat
    edited April 2019
    @Bntyhntr3232_ this was possible pre-7.0
    h2gzwhw3a7vk.jpg
    v6s97vhvhv8u.jpg
    7yclh5e02bl7.png
    wcxkxn9worye.jpg

You'd MAP the controls manually via an app, then run F2F with NO INPUT LAG whatsoever.
    So good.
    ROK was won this way, despite the aging hardware.

RIP, motorola RAZR HD MAXX.
    @Bntyhntr3232_ this was possible pre-7.0
    h2gzwhw3a7vk.jpg
    v6s97vhvhv8u.jpg
    7yclh5e02bl7.png
    wcxkxn9worye.jpg

You'd MAP the controls manually via an app, then run F2F with NO INPUT LAG whatsoever.
    So good.
    ROK was won this way, despite the aging hardware.

RIP, motorola RAZR HD MAXX.

What happened after 7.0?
    LATEST REQUIREMENT:

I need someone to takeover this thread.
    FATIGUE, and disenchantment.

Alternatively PM me if necessary, for UP TO DATE optimization, compatibility and general Q&A.
    I will give a heads up if i need a break from this game, and will accordingly link a Twitter handle.

Be kind to your fellow F2F players, and help each other.

Thanks for reading, commanders.
  • Just to let you know that my iPhone 6 was fine until the iOS 12 update - so maybe avoid it if you haven’t updated already.

edited May 2019
    Hey gang.
    I'm using this opportunity to announce the REQUIREMENTS thread is alive and kicking...on REDDIT.

RUN BY YOURS TRULY.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ForgedToFight/comments/brixwj/f2f_requirements_thread/

I still care about this game and you lot (despite my predicament), so head over THERE for fully optimized F2F device lists, ranging from $80-2000, from both Apple and Google.

It's updated at least once a week and includes device offers, promos and sales.
    All devices mentioned are tested thoroughly with both official and jailbreak/rooted OS and builds, along with various APK or .ipa versions.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

☮️
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Sorry for necro’ing this thread, I’m late to the party.

Just played TFTF on my IPhone 6+ today, iOS 12. The game is much slower and laggier, it pretty much freezes every 2 seconds. The worst thing is, the game literally crashes when I try to enter a Special Mission. The fights are much worse than before, too, it’s impossible to fight for more than 3 minutes without crashing.

There are problems with this iOS version outside of the game too, such as unresponsive controls, slower movements and freezes, so I’m quite sure it’s not Kabam’s fault this time.

Not sure what to do, any help will be appreciated
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    edited July 2019
    Err fwiw lg g7 updated to android 9 about a month ago and its running smoothly. Still the only issue is a rare long freeze which started happening after the 7.0 update in September of 2018. Bump for one of the best and most helpful threads this forum has seen @BlackRazak
    asparagus wrote: »
    Err fwiw lg g7 updated to android 9 about a month ago and its running smoothly. Still the only issue is a rare long freeze which started happening after the 7.0 update in September of 2018. Bump for one of the best and most helpful threads this forum has seen @BlackRazak

I LIVE!
    Thanks for the love @asparagus .
    Yes, i was around during the 7.0 'long freeze'<Force Close issue appeared, which also killed off external button mapping/BT gamepad compatibility.

Your LG G7 is still top notch, and rest assured this bug is a MEMORY/CACHE FILE MANAGEMENT issue. A reboot will sort it out.
    It happens in Qualcomm style SoC cache code, and effects SD845, SD630, SD450, SD425 devices NO MATTER THE RAM.

BG Processes (battery saver mode, Samsung Tuner, etc) being killed will help circumnavigate this problem.

Hope this helped.
    Yay a flag.

Anyway, some have stated a non PowerVR GPU compatibility, to the point you CAN'T DOWNLOAD F2F from Play.
    This means caution when purchasing phones for f2f, namely MediaTek devices P22, P35, P90.

Nothing wrong per se, and my teammates using said SoCs can't get it to work with F2F on Android 9.0, despite working 100% with MCoC.

I'd actually appreciate clarification from @Kabam Miike regarding the PowerVR issue, as iOS pad 8, air 4, Pro 2 and iPhone 7 Plus are equipped with an older variant of said GPU.
    Yay a flag.

Me every time I get flagged XD
  • Albeit disappointed that still cannot install on an UMIDIGI Power; specifications at:
    https://www.umidigi.com/page-umidigi_power_overview.html

The phone was meant to "replace" my Moto G6.