Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How are you getting these 5* shard missions?

Ive seen quite a few "uncommon" tier 3 crystals come through, but zero above uncommon since the update.
Right now I have 3 common ore missions. Just finished a crystal mission and got 10 crystals, but that's all I ever see.
Not a single 5* shard mission.
I'm level 60, constantly watch the missions. Do the ones i can as often as I can in case they "build up" or whatever.
The new update is good, but I see SO many players getting these shards and I haven't seen squat.
Is there a trick to this?
Level 60 btw...

Comments

• BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    To me it's through luck because I have yet to encounter one
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited July 2019
    During the halcyon days of the un-nerf, EVERY 2hr timer had a combo of 2x Ore-13 Crystals in either 7 or 13 count (oh the memories) plus 2 gold missions.

Either wait, or a refresh would replenish the Ore-13 Crystals. But 5* shard missions were ALWAYS rarer.

Since the dumbassery that brought the 'overtune' to the dev's attention, the mission drops are still somewhat similar, though as you can imagine, the moaning from us means the actual rewards are truly meh (but seriously, still WAAAAAY better than PBC odds).

I've gotten 3x 5* shard missions since the nerf (and none during the golden age).

My drop rates for T3C is 1:26~33, T2A is 1:52, T4E 1:65~78 Ore-13 Crystals.

Again, I'm currently level 47, 62 bots, 135K.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 783
    I’ve got 2 missions of 5* shards

mi4kbo51c8zq.png
    fgmqrhi0z1nu.png
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Maybe refresh some times to assure Kabam you're willing to spend energon? Just a theory.
  • JmdJmd Posts: 45
    I'm in the same boat. I'm level 60 and I check away missions numerous times a day and I've yet to see 5* shards either. XD
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    0b2ldxeaan2z.jpg
    Honestly I really can't complain. These crystals are great
  • Tintin2k17Tintin2k17 Posts: 26
    edited July 2019
    I just play all the away missions available. I got 5k of 5* shards yesterday and 2.5k so far today.I have also got at least 1 t3c a day since the crystals were nerfed. T3b and T4c essence seems to be more rare for me. It doesn't take much to login (I even find the time when I'm at work)and start missions and once you've done them all, wait out the timer until the next lot come along. The more you play, the better chance you have of getting these missions and rewards. I don't even bother to refresh either. I guess I am just lucky with the RNG system for the missions and prizes.
    edited July 2019
    I’ve got 2 missions of 5* shards

mi4kbo51c8zq.png
    fgmqrhi0z1nu.png

k9x1ctuxdvvn.png

Just got another
    @Kabam Vydious can you explain why these are so rare to some yet so available to others? Still as of today NONE have shown up.
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    @Kabam Vydious can you explain why these are so rare to some yet so available to others? Still as of today NONE have shown up.

To be honest, I have reset some missions and they appeared. So you could try that or be patient, it will show up eventually
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    DrShotgun wrote: »

It’s RNG. I’m sure one will show up for you soon. The new missions have not even been around for a week.

• I've gotten three since the update went live (two in the first two days). The trade-off was that I didn't get any of the new crystals during their broken-drop-rate phase. I'm sure it's just RNG, or maybe to some extent the game tries to balance out the amount of gold/ore/crystal missions with the bot chip and bot shard missions
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Just got 1 today. I’m sure it’s just pure luck and no tricks at all.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    edited July 2019
    ccnedjy5h66t.jpg
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    It's all luck. I got 3000 shards yesterday and none today
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    It's all luck. I got 3000 shards yesterday and none today

This haha
  • PiconiaPiconia Posts: 106
    I used around 200 energon on mission resets since the update and got none, then today i got the very first one on a regular reset.
  • JmdJmd Posts: 45
    edited July 2019
    I finally got a 5* shard mission too. 🏆
    Still none for me....but tons of crystals
  • I’ve got 2 missions of 5* shards

mi4kbo51c8zq.png
    fgmqrhi0z1nu.png

k9x1ctuxdvvn.png

Just got another

m500zagjwx8s.png
    I’ve been getting so lucky too get these
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    What are your top bots and rating?
  • Mutantdoc wrote: »

Tag the player you’re asking to make it easier
  • I’ve seen 5 so far. None over the last 3 days though.

The sad part is I had 2 at the same time once and of course I could only do one of them..
  • 1dch5gd3d410.png

The timing will let me get 2 consecutive missions.

I have never lived and engaged with away missions as I have since the change , thank you Kabam!
    1dch5gd3d410.png

I have never lived and engaged with away missions as I have since the change , thank you Kabam!

Shame you can't do both though 😥
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    1dch5gd3d410.png

Actually he can... after the first 5* shard mission ends, he'll have about 1/2 hour to start the second one. Nice!
    Mutantdoc wrote: »

Still no missions, and my top bots are 4/40 5*s. Level 60. Player level and bot level isn't an issue.
    Nightpath wrote: »
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    1dch5gd3d410.png

Actually he can... after the first 5* shard mission ends, he'll have about 1/2 hour to start the second one. Nice!

Didn't notice that, kinda assumed he got 2 at the same time 😅
  • I’ve got 2 missions of 5* shards

mi4kbo51c8zq.png
    fgmqrhi0z1nu.png

k9x1ctuxdvvn.png

Just got another

m500zagjwx8s.png
    I’ve been getting so lucky too get these

tfg4q8kc9286.png