Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bots In Need Of Buffs

Since it seems to be the new trend to buff older bots, I figured this would be a great way to say who we all think need changes the most.

Sideswipe and Mirage were both changed and given a whole month dedicated to them being buffed, which I wouldn’t mind if it was after some other characters were fixed. Instead, updates/months were given to two already strong bots, one decent and one great. To hopefully reduce the chances of this happening again, this discussion is here to say who you think needs the next buff the most.

For me, it’d be Ratchet, Motormaster or Ramjet who need it the most. Ratchet is pretty bad ability wise, not absolutely terrible but close, yet he mostly needs new animations. He reuses more animations across all his basic and special attacks than any other character. Motormaster just has bad design, he’s only useful after you’ve let yourself get beat to near death. And Ramjet is without a doubt the most heavily bugged character in the game. His unstoppable heavy has no use, and his special 1 and special 2 both frequently miss the opponent even after a combo, and opponents are able to somehow not be hit by him after a sidestep. I’d say if you’re gonna help anyone next, help Ramjet.

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I don't disagree completely with Ramjet.

How does Motormaster have no use? He lands 3 different random debuffs on a heavy attack (armour break, power rate debuff, attack debuff)

Has a great unstoppable ability on dash ins and S2.

Deals insane amounts of damage (have you fought a high level Motormaster?)

Ok... His S1 is lame... He is also vulnerable to damage debuffs... But that also plays into his Sig.

And say what you will about his S3 causing self inflicted damage, but it lands a large number of debuffs, which help you to end the fight quickly when following up with a combo. The damage he takes on it plays directly into his Sig as well.

If Motor gets a buff, it needs to be handled delicately. He is a terror to fight if you get out of rhythm against him.

With a full enforcers synergy (KB, RJ, MM) all three become extremely powerful.
  • Funny, I was about to start a similar thread. But hey, it's great that someone got around to it. Anyway, here's my first suggestion:

In the beginning, Motormaster was one of the game's toughest bots with constant Unsoppable and high Melee damage. But compared to the Brawlers that we have now, he's a bit stale. He's still good, don't get me wrong, he's got high damage at a cost and his Unstoppable is still great. He's just aged. His SP1 is unreliable, other Brawlers have Purification and better Anti-Bleed abilities, and Tantrum seems to be a Motormaster 2.0. So, I requested a small Buff to give the Stunticon leader a bit of a boost.

Motormaster Buff Suggestion

-Ram Debuffs (Armor Break, Attack Down, Power Rate):
    •Increase duration by 1 second.
    •Maximum amount that can be applied: 9

This would go along with my next suggestion.

-Special 1:
    •Refresh the Duration of all Ram Debuffs.

Motormaster has a very unreliable SP1 and his Ram Debuffs don't last too long to make a BIG impact. However, if those Ram Debuffs can be refreshed and stacked, they have the potential to be quite devastating. It'll grant Motormaster a heck of a lot more utility. I have tested his gameplay and seen that you can apply 2 Ram Debuffs to the opponent before you can use his SP1 (the increased time suggestion is there because there are times where the Debuff is on the edge of expiring when SP1 is activated). His SP3 would be more impactful due to all of the Ram Debuffs it generates (which would be refreshed by SP1) and make the damage done to Motormaster seem worth it. And since his SP1 is easy to dodge, it should be difficult for the AI to benefit from this. Really benefits from ENFORCERS SYNERGY.

-Signature Ability:
    •For each Melee Damage Buff that Motormaster has, Motormaster has a 20% decreased chance to Bleed from any source.

Motormaster is one of the two Brawlers that doesn't really have any Anti-DoT abilities. I didn't want to give him a Purification ability, as I thought that would be too powerful for him. Instead, I simply decided to give him a reduced chance to bleed because his Melee Buffs are SUPPOSED to act as a response to high damage, so giving him a reduced chance to Bleed would act as a logical response for the high damage that was applied to him. And if the Bleed does proc, it would push him closer to his next Melee Buff, so he would benefit.
    His AI would be a bit more difficult to fight, but only if you are acustomed to bringing Bleeders against him, which most are Warriors. Motormaster is a Brawler, so it should be difficult for a Warrior to work around him.

Any thoughts?
  • Manthro wrote: »

How does Motormaster have no use? He lands 3 different random debuffs on a heavy attack (armour break, power rate debuff, attack debuff)

Ok... His S1 is lame... He is also vulnerable to damage debuffs... But that also plays into his Sig.

And say what you will about his S3 causing self inflicted damage, but it lands a large number of debuffs, which help you to end the fight quickly when following up with a combo. The damage he takes on it plays directly into his Sig as well.

If Motor gets a buff, it needs to be handled delicately. He is a terror to fight if you get out of rhythm against him.

What does the enforces synergy do again?

It increases the Duration of all Debuffs by like 40% at Max and all Debuffs can't be purified.

Synergy is with Motormaster, Ramjet, and Kickback.

It increases the Duration of all Debuffs by like 40% at Max and all Debuffs can't be purified.

Synergy is with Motormaster, Ramjet, and Kickback.

Thanks man. I may try that in AM next time.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited September 2019
    Megatron RotF Suggestion

Rhinox Suggestion

Next suggestion might be Dinobot. Not saying that he's bad or unreliable but his abilities could be enhanced to make him a lot better. And to fix that annoying bug that he has.
  • Thanks for this thread @BrickT1973
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited September 2019
    Here are some bots that i think should need a buff.
    Mv1: I know that when he bleeds, he can heal when he is doing damage, but that's a bit limiting when some other brawlers can purify all debuffs, so i suggest him being able to heal if he has acid, shock, burn, and any other dot debuffs. Same thing would apply with 2 same debuffs grants mv1 some power.

Ramjet: remove the annoying thing on his special 3 when he stuns himself, it's stupid and lessens the amount of time the enemy is stunned for. Also his special 2 should always hit with a combo.

Grindor: This guy unfortunately is bad for a brawler. He should inflict an armor break for his special 3 when he slams, and a special 1. Increase sp 1 and 3 damage a bit.

Ultra Magnus: This guy is so cool, yet so weak. How about his special 3 inflicts a permanent armor break? And his other specials should inflict armor break even if the enemy has no armor buffs. He has a bloody hammer, for primus' sake. Some increase in damage would be nice.

Bonecrusher: Every hit does some bleed damage to the opponent. Increase special damage.

Hound: This guy sucks so bad, i would rather use arcee.(RC aint bad tho). I would suggest that whenever he rolls, he gains a 100% Damage resistance for 2-3.5 seconds. His specials need to have stronger damage, and his burns should do a significantly larger amount than the ones he has currently.

Barricade: higher chance of backfire for each ranged shot.

Just some buffs i would like to see for these bots. Could have some changes tnough.

• Hijacker2531Hijacker2531 Posts: 538
    edited September 2019
    Here are some bots that i think should need a buff.
    Mv1: I know that when he bleeds, he can heal when he is doing damage, but that's a bit limiting when some other brawlers can purify all debuffs, so i suggest him being able to heal if he has acid, shock, burn, and any other dot debuffs. Same thing would apply with 2 same debuffs grants mv1 some power.

Ramjet: remove the annoying thing on his special 3 when he stuns himself, it's stupid and lessens the amount of time the enemy is stunned for. Also his special 2 should always hit with a combo.

Grindor: This guy unfortunately is bad for a brawler. He should inflict an armor break for his special 3 when he slams, and a special 1. Increase sp 1 and 3 damage a bit.

Ultra Magnus: This guy is so cool, yet so weak. How about his special 3 inflicts a permanent armor break? And his other specials should inflict armor break even if the enemy has no armor buffs. He has a bloody hammer, for primus' sake. Some increase in damage would be nice.

Bonecrusher: Every hit does some bleed damage to the opponent. Increase special damage.

Hound: This guy sucks so bad, i would rather use arcee.(RC aint bad tho). I would suggest that whenever he rolls, he gains a 100% Damage resistance for 2-3.5 seconds. His specials need to have stronger damage, and his burns should do a significantly larger amount than the ones he has currently.

Just some buffs i would like to see for these bots. Could have some changes tnough.

MV1 may be a little more op, but as being a prime, that would be alright.

Ramjet's stun is supposed to tie in with his sig, as the momentum charges reduce the stuns on ramjet. without the sig, it is immensely punishing, but the sig lessens ALL stuns on Rammie, so bots like jazz and Wheeljack are less effective. And his whiffs should be dealt with. Though in the end, all bots can whiff at times. Really noticeable with the enforcers. Hmmm...

Grindor is absolutely woeful when you use him. As an opponent he is just a long fight. Most of the movie cons seem better to fight against rather than to fight with.

All your points on ultra Magnus are very correct.

Bonecrusher buffs: no. absolutely not. Bonecrusher's main damage come from his bleeds and the bleeds allowing hims to get more specials. Him inflicting bleeds with EVERY hit would just turn him into a monster to use, especially considering these bleeds sound short enough to some damage to grimlock before they can even be purified. Special damage is not really need for Bonecrusher, but I guess.

Hound's Burn's allow for higher Crit damage, so maybe the Crit damage ceiling should be raised to make up for the low burns. His rolls need to be fixed however. The burn's do 60% of his attack stat over 10 seconds. This is the same percentage that Scorponok does for his bleeds, albeit within a shorter timeframe. I think Hound's based attack stat should be raised, because longer burns allow for more chances to Crit. His specials are alright, though again, the Crit ceiling should be raised.

I don't think Barricade needs a higher chance to inflict backfires, if only because he has the strongest backfire in the game. I don't know the exact percentage, but it's higher than Scorponok's 140%, so that's a big amount of damage.

But overall, these are good ideas, and great food for thought.
  • Here are some bots that i think should need a buff.

Ramjet's stun is supposed to tie in with his sig, as the momentum charges reduce the stuns on ramjet. without the sig, it is immensely punishing, but the sig lessens ALL stuns on Rammie, so bots like jazz and Wheeljack are less effective.

Grindor is absolutely woeful when you use him. As an opponent he is just a long fight. Most of the movie cons seem better to fight against rather than to fight with.

Bonecrusher buffs: no. absolutely not. Bonecrusher's main damage come from his bleeds and the bleeds allowing hims to get more specials. Him inflicting bleeds with EVERY hit would just turn him into a monster to use, especially considering these bleeds sound short enough to some damage to grimlock before they can even be purified. Special damage is not really need for Bonecrusher, but I guess.

Hound's Burn's allow for higher Crit damage, so maybe the Crit damage ceiling should be raised to make up for the low burns. His rolls need to be fixed however. The burn's do 60% of his attack stat over 10 seconds. This is the same percentage that Scorponok does for his bleeds, albeit within a shorter timeframe. I think Hound's based attack stat should be raised, because longer burns allow for more chances to Crit. His specials are alright, though again, the Crit ceiling should be raised.

I don't think Barricade needs a higher chance to inflict backfires, if only because he has the strongest backfire in the game. I don't know the exact percentage, but it's higher than Scorponok's 140%, so that's a big amount of damage.

Okay, for BC, how about when he crits on normal attacks, he bleeds?

• Here are some bots that i think should need a buff.

Ramjet's stun is supposed to tie in with his sig, as the momentum charges reduce the stuns on ramjet. without the sig, it is immensely punishing, but the sig lessens ALL stuns on Rammie, so bots like jazz and Wheeljack are less effective.

Okay, for BC, how about when he crits on normal attacks, he bleeds?

He doesn't do that now? He really should.
  • Just checked. He does not bleed on crits. SO that means, in a perfect fight, the only way to bleed enemies is with specials. WOW.
  • Just checked. He does not bleed on crits. SO that means, in a perfect fight, the only way to bleed enemies is with specials. WOW.

And his heavy, but this guy SHOULD be bleeding opponents with his bloody regular attacks. Freakin drift, Bludgeon, RC(Ranged) and SCORPONOK can bleed on crits.

Don’t get me wrong, Motormasters abilities play into his signature. But it’s an ineffective signature, and his lack of any defensive abilities and a special 3 that harms him mean he dies quickly. I’ve faced high level Motormasters and they are not threats. Defensive Tacticians, Brawlers and Techs can shrug off a few of his attacks even with all of his buffs, while Scouts, Demos and even some Warriors hit hard enough to rip through him. His ram debuffs aren’t bad, but leave you spamming heavy attacks at high health because it’s the only way to really damage your opponent, which is just boring, but they’re fine as is.

Ramjet is already not too great in theory, but he’s even worse in reality. His special damage buffs are good, but you need to spam heavy attacks or use multiple special 3s if you want all of them. And because he has his special damage buffs, his base special attacks are made to be weak. Then, there’s his Unstoppable heavy attack. It’s just pointless. If you hit fast enough you can beat the start of it, and enemy AI will always hit you fast enough. Plus, you still take damage during it, so you rapidly lose health. And finally, his phantom special attacks. What. The. Hell. Almost no other character has these with anything close to the frequency of Ramjet, and he’s had them for a while. His first two specials, for whatever reason, are able to be avoided by the enemy AI even after a combo. A character who relies on his special attacks has special attacks that are bugged to miss.

And Ratchet has a whole thread from me on his issues, so I’m skipping over him. So here are my buff ideas for each.

Motormaster-King Of The Road signature now grants King buffs for every 20% of health lost, raising his melee damage by its current amounts, and in addition, each one gives him a 5% armor increase. New buff after special 1, Ionize, increases the damage of all sword attacks by a slight amount for 4-6 seconds, so he can do some damage without nearly dying. And finally, passive armor like Ramjet and Tantrum have.

Ramjet-First and foremost, FIX HIS PHANTOM SPECIAL ATTACKS. Outside of that, give him 50%-75% Armor during heavy attacks in addition to his passive armor, and slightly increase the duration of his Unstoppable so it actually works as intended. With how hard it is to gain all his special damage buffs, he seems to be meant to be an endurance fighter like Jazz or Mirage, so amp up his survivability, because right now, he doesn’t have much. Next, Burning opponents deal less damage. And finally, on his special 3, his cluster bombs all deal some damage and all have a chance to give a long-lasting but low-damaging Burn. Make him play more like a Demo, because right now, he’s basically just a bad Brawler.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited September 2019
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    Manthro wrote: »

Ramjet is already not too great in theory, but he’s even worse in reality. His special damage buffs are good, but you need to spam heavy attacks or use multiple special 3s if you want all of them. And because he has his special damage buffs, his base special attacks are made to be weak. Then, there’s his Unstoppable heavy attack. It’s just pointless. If you hit fast enough you can beat the start of it, and enemy AI will always hit you fast enough. Plus, you still take damage during it, so you rapidly lose health. And finally, his phantom special attacks. What. The. Hell. Almost no other character has these with anything close to the frequency of Ramjet, and he’s had them for a while. His first two specials, for whatever reason, are able to be avoided by the enemy AI even after a combo. A character who relies on his special attacks has special attacks that are bugged to miss.

Ramjet-First and foremost, FIX HIS PHANTOM SPECIAL ATTACKS. Outside of that, give him 50%-75% Armor during heavy attacks in addition to his passive armor, and slightly increase the duration of his Unstoppable so it actually works as intended. With how hard it is to gain all his special damage buffs, he seems to be meant to be an endurance fighter like Jazz or Mirage, so amp up his survivability, because right now, he doesn’t have much. Next, Burning opponents deal less damage. And finally, on his special 3, his cluster bombs all deal some damage and all have a chance to give a long-lasting but low-damaging Burn. Make him play more like a Demo, because right now, he’s basically just a bad Brawler.

I've complained about Ramjet and his so called Unstoppable before. They probably should have called that ability Momentum instead of his signature. For example, once Ramjet gains momentum with his heavy he becomes unstoppable because as it stands right now his heavy is stoppable.

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but Ramjet's movements seem to lack fluidity sometimes, like he drags almost.
  • As far as ultra Magnus goes, I’d be happy just to get armour breaks on non armoured opponents. Keep the stacked armour breaks on heavily armoured opponents, but give him something to work with against those that aren’t.
  • You guys are out to lunch of you think a high level Motormaster isn't a threat. He's an absolute unit in AM that can put almost any rank 5 5* bot away in 1 regular combo when he is low health. if there are any bots that cause me to use items it's him and that high octane galvatron mini boss.
    Also I've seen some screenshots of a 5* rank 5 Motor doing almost 40k heavies when low on health, you can survive an awfully long time thrashing enemies in that short time frame.

As for buffing MV1 you're also crazy, he's a fantastic bot with great armor that deals big damage. then he has a huge added bonus of heath gain when he's bleeding. If he could steal health when any dot is applied he would be way OP. (I would love to steal health on any debuff don't get me wrong, but I feel it's completely unnecessary as he is extremely useful already)

I agree Grindor and Ramjet could really use some help.

Barricades backfire is amazing and works just fine.

Ultra Magnus is a specialty bot, but the Tact class is already so good, if UM got a buff it might put the class balance out of whack. He is certainly boring to fight with though, just like grindor lol.
  • Canuck33 wrote: »
    You guys are out to lunch of you think a high level Motormaster isn't a threat. He's an absolute unit in AM that can put almost any rank 5 5* bot away in 1 regular combo when he is low health. if there are any bots that cause me to use items it's him and that high octane galvatron mini boss.
    Also I've seen some screenshots of a 5* rank 5 Motor doing almost 40k heavies when low on health, you can survive an awfully long time thrashing enemies in that short time frame.

As for buffing MV1 you're also crazy, he's a fantastic bot with great armor that deals big damage. then he has a huge added bonus of heath gain when he's bleeding. If he could steal health when any dot is applied he would be way OP. (I would love to steal health on any debuff don't get me wrong, but I feel it's completely unnecessary as he is extremely useful already)

Ultra Magnus is a specialty bot, but the Tact class is already so good, if UM got a buff it might put the class balance out of whack. He is certainly boring to fight with though, just like grindor lol.

This is quite on point
    You guys are out to lunch of you think a high level Motormaster isn't a threat. He's an absolute unit in AM that can put almost any rank 5 5* bot away in 1 regular combo when he is low health. if there are any bots that cause me to use items it's him and that high octane galvatron mini boss.

Mv1 shouldn't have his heal limited to just bleeding, he should heal if he has ANY dot debuff on him.
  • Hijacker2531Hijacker2531 Posts: 538
    edited September 2019
    Canuck33 wrote: »

Mv1 shouldn't have his heal limited to just bleeding, he should heal if he has ANY dot debuff on him.

You can will yourself through blood, since that is your power, but shock? That's gonna shut down your body. Acid? That's permanent. Regardless, he's a good enough bot that he doesn't need a buff. @OptimalOptimus_MV1 , do you really wanna buff MV1 over Hound, Grindor, and UM? That's what I thought.

EDIT: I quoted the wrong person originally.

You can will yourself through blood, since that is your power, but shock? That's gonna shut down your body. Acid? That's permanent. Regardless, he's a good enough bot that he doesn't need a buff. @OptimalOptimus_MV1 , do you really wanna buff MV1 over Hound, Grindor, and UM? That's what I thought.

EDIT: I quoted the wrong person originally.

No, not over hound, grindor, and UM. (Before any of you saying anything, no, im not saying these buffs because i love mv1)
    And Primes determination to win the fight would have dot debuffs heal him when he attacks. That is what i see.
  • MV1 just doesn’t need a buff. He falls into the same category as Sideswipe and Mirage do. He is an objective powerhouse. He has long strong armor and attack buffs, his bleeds and specials are great, his signature is a nice bonus, and his Willpower already gives him a counter to a lot of bots in the games, at least one from every class besides Demo. Sideswipe didn’t need his buff. Mirage didn’t his buff. And MV1 most certainly does not need a buff.

Ultra Magnus has the same problem as Demotron, Grindor, Barricade and Bonecrusher. They’re all tough to fight but weak to go against. All of them have abilities that revolve around the player hitting them or what happens when the player tries to hit them. UM and Grindor can tank damage from everyone around, Demotron is frequently unstoppable and repairs, and hitting too hard Barricade will let him evade all your attacks and gain a crit chance buff, and his Backfires are threatening but easy to play around.

And then there’s Bonecrusher. *$@& I hate Bonecrusher. He bleeds you for a long time if you crit against him, and if you’re bleeding, you do less damage and gain less power, while he deals more damage and gains more power. There are only five actual hard counters to him, whereas he counters everyone else besides them. Primal, MV1, Tantrum, Thundercracker and Grimlock are the only bots around with definite answers to BC. Soundwave and Megatronus can kind of handle him with their power gain letting them not need to hit him, but that’s a boring way to play and it’s their only option against him. Aside from those five Brawlers, Bonecrusher rips through everyone. You can play a perfect match and still lose because his bleeds are just that strong and he drags out fights like no one else.

And Bonecrusher is the easiest way to show the problem with these bots. UM, Grindor, Barricade, Demotron and BC are all pretty bad to fight with, but they’re almost all absolutely horrible to fight against. And that’s why fixing them is so hard. Buff them, and now you have an unmatched threat.

Ramjet and Motormaster should be prioritized. Motormaster is kind of threatening, but you just need to not get hit by him and he’s not threatening anymore, which is really easy to do because his movement is very predictable. And Ramjet is just a mess. He has the least powerful specials in the Demo class, most of his kit just isn’t useful, and he’s a flat out bugged bot.
    edited September 2019
    I sincerely disagree with UM needing a buff.

He is strong, he's just not straightforward. Anyone fighting top level AM will tell you he is a huge PITA, requiring some of the longest fights to take down in the game.

Remember, when you are thinking about buffing bots, you also need to think about what it's going to be like to fight them.

I can assure you, there is not a single player in the top 3 alliances that wants to see UM get buffed to be any stronger than he already is.

You don't understand what he is like at d140 with that ridiculous mod on him, which basically deletes all his best hard counters in the game 🤣

He is strong, he's just not straightforward. Anyone fighting top level AM will tell you he is a huge PITA, requiring some of the longest fights to take down in the game.

Remember, when you are thinking about buffing bots, you also need to think about what it's going to be like to fight them.

I can assure you, there is not a single player in the top 3 alliances that wants to see UM get buffed to be any stronger than he already is.

You don't understand what he is like at d140 🤣

No bot should be stronger when you fight against it rather than using the bot itself. UM really needs a bloody buff, he may be a pain to fight, but he's really sucky when you use him. Like i said before, i would suggest that all his specials inflict armor break, even if the enemy has no armor, while the special 3 armor break is permanent. This shouldn't really make AM magnus harder if you don't get hit.

You don't understand what he is like at d140 with that ridiculous mod on him, which basically deletes all his best hard counters in the game 🤣

Mods shouldn’t be getting taken into account here. Any mod of sufficient ridiculousness can make any bot good. Hound has become a genuine threat a few times because of some mods. But if you’re going against or even using just a high level UM, he can take it, but he can’t dish it out. And it makes for a lame bot to use. Similar to Grindor. Grindor can take a lot of punishment from pretty much every character in the game, even a lot of Tacticians, but his damage output is for the most part pretty bad.

Mods shouldn’t be getting taken into account here. Any mod of sufficient ridiculousness can make any bot good. Hound has become a genuine threat a few times because of some mods. But if you’re going against or even using just a high level UM, he can take it, but he can’t dish it out. And it makes for a lame bot to use. Similar to Grindor. Grindor can take a lot of punishment from pretty much every character in the game, even a lot of Tacticians, but his damage output is for the most part pretty bad.

Grindor isn't great, but the one thing he does do is dish out massive damage. If you think he doesn't, you don't know how to play into his skillset.

He hits extremely hard when you know what you're doing.

Grindor isn't great, but the one thing he does do is dish out massive damage. If you think he doesn't, you don't know how to play into his skillset.

He hits extremely hard when you know what you're doing.

He hits hard if your opponent is either at max power or close, and you use his special 2, and he’s at a high level, and his signature is also at a high level. Sure when that special 2 lands under all those circumstances, it LANDS, but that’s the only attacks he has that does any worthwhile damage. It’s similar to Motormasters problem, where their special 2 is really the only special worth using. Motormasters special 1 is just atrocious and his special 3 has good damage and debuffs, but it takes away a sizable chunk of your health and is risky to use. Grindors special 1 has a crit chance debuff, but it’s pretty unnecessary considering all the opponent has to do is breath around you and they’ll get one on them, and his special 2 deals so much more damage than his special 3, you have no reason to use it.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    There aren't really any bots I can think of that need buffing. There are bots that definitely need FIXING. Ramjet is without a doubt, the most bugged bot in the game at the moment with his hitbox. He misses hits mid combo, misses most of the time when sidestepping and counter-attacking and his s2 misses a lot. Really needs fixing.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    edited September 2019
    Hound, give him a completely new ability set, or just give him a minor tweak to his ranged attacks.

Ramjet: The only problem with him is his unreliable SP2. I propose giving him a chance on his second medium attack to stun the opponent for a short amount of time (~0.25s) enough for RJ to land an SP2.

Ultra Magnus: I’m not really fond of this guy, but he’s still useful against the infamous Optimus Primal boss in ROTK and the nigh-immortal Grindor in ROK. Perhaps making those melee and ranged buffs he gained from his SP2 last X seconds would be a simple and easy solution to his lack of damage
  • To mention bots not already discussed...

Grimlock: Worst brawler when unduped. Relies heavily on his signature and in essence on being dealt damage. He has the highest hit pont score in the game. However, he is less durable than Grindor. I imagine devs thought that crit rate reduction would make him less likely to suffer DoT but at least he could have armour or more hit points. Being immune while in dino form is great, but also a need since his buffs need to be constantly renewed, unlike those of, say, Tantrum.

Also, now lots of bots have DoT purification, making it less of an edge. Yeah, he gets stronger but Tantrum has an attack score that makes it irrelevant. And better not mention that synergy which makes any Beast Wars bot purify DoT at will making a heavy (and gain attack for a short time by the way). That was the best feature of Grimlock and they gave it as a synergy... any Beast Wars character can have it by joining Primal and other beast pal and it is not like they have few defenses (crit armour, heal on regular hits, power drain immunity...).

I would just give him more hit points (now he seems to be able to take a hit or two more than other brawlers without taking armour into account...). Also he should be able to mantain his buffs longer without having to revert to dino form. I don't play high level AM but I remember some pros told at these levels making a heavy was like russian roulette. Also reducing purfied damage to a mere scratch. Those would be minor changes which would improve Grim a lot.

Optimus Prime generations: I know many are going to think he does not need any buff etc. Of course he is not that bad, but he has not aged well. His armour only lasts about 2.5 seconds. This makes him eat any sp3 at full damage while other bots which are far weaker in the lore like Grindor and Bludgeon can at least reduce the first hit or two. Also, the DoT brawler trend has made him weaker against the class he has class advantage.
    Not only that, but there are bots with outright anti Prime powers, like resisting heavies from land vehicles or increased unstoppable as you have less life (at least this one was more balanced). What does OP have to gain an edge vs those bots (some of them brawlers like Thundercracker)? Nothing at all.
    OP can do permanent armour break, but on sp3. Megatron does it at sp1!
    His synergies are good but force you to use a given team. And by the way, Megatron's synergies are not weaker. That with Starscream almost guarantees he will fuse the debuff on you. That is more game changing that some healing.
    Optimus is just not on par with Primal, Generations Megatron, Galvatron or Megatronus. And he should.

There are many powerful OP out there because many love the character. I do, but if I wanted a really powerful team, I would go for Beast Team or a Decepticon team.

In order to improve him I would make his armour last longer or be able to activate it passively. Not a complicated thing, but Optimus would become far more durable than other bots, as it seems it was intended originally.