Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

October Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    Toughnut wrote: »
    Mike, where is the spotlight info?

I was spreading out the info, with the new Alliance Missions and the Galvatron Intel Report! I'll get that up right away!
  • Options
    ToughnutToughnut Posts: 201
    Thank you :)
  • Options
    Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    edited October 2017
    Thanks for the quick update! If you find out for sure can you post the time? and i'll make sure to test out a premium before I open more :wink:
  • Options
    Right away...hour later nothing still...
  • Options
    Toughnut wrote: »
    Right away...hour later nothing still...

This is my bad. I needed to get some clarification on something and am just working on getting that cleared up right now.
  • Options
    Okay :).
  • Options
    Yes, thank you!
  • Options
    Canuck33 wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick update! If you find out for sure can you post the time? and i'll make sure to test out a premium before I open more :wink:

I have Confirmed that it be by 5 am Pacific Time, but please make sure to wait until AT LEAST that time and that you restart the game before trying it out!
  • Options
    BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    @Kabam Miike why the removal of battle chips are gold rewards going to be increased across the board because right now it seems like gold has been seriously gimped
  • Options
    Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    With the arena chips being removed from the equation, what will happen to everyone's current collection of arena chips? Will we be able to still use them or are they automatically being converted tomorrow?
  • Options
    tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    @Kabam Miike I'm a bit confused on the arena chips and the changes regarding those. Are we not going to have arena crystals as rewards at all now? My main concern is gold farming. As you well know, arena crystals are the main source of gold for us.

Is there another source being provided, or am I misunderstanding the change?
  • Options
    MallowmanMallowman Posts: 125
    Also energon farming? I gather enough energon from arena crystals to pay my weekly activities.
  • Options
    DavienDavien Posts: 758
    you didn't address how the loss of energon from Arena chips is gonna impact us? Many players rely on the free energon from there to do higher levels of AM runs (buying potions etc)
  • Options
    Hey Guys!

Sorry! I might have been able to explain this better. Firstly, Arena Chips that you've stored are still perfectly good and aren't going anywhere! You'll still be able to exchange them for Arena Crystals.

Secondly, our goal wasn't to get rid of Arena Crystals. You'll still be getting Arena Crystals, but now, instead of getting Arena chips in Arena fights, and then buying the crystals, we've just put Arena crystals in the Rank rewards. We've worked hard to balance the amount of Crystals to the amount of fights you usually did to win them, but in case we are off, we are very open to correcting course in the future.

We aren't trying to change anything about the way you all play here, and we're definitely not trying to take away Arena Crystals. We're just trying to simplify the economy over time.

I hope this cleared things up, but please don't hesitate to ask any more questions, or to give some feedback once you've checked it out!
  • Options
    tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    Hey Guys!

Sorry! I might have been able to explain this better. Firstly, Arena Chips that you've stored are still perfectly good and aren't going anywhere! You'll still be able to exchange them for Arena Crystals.

Secondly, our goal wasn't to get rid of Arena Crystals. You'll still be getting Arena Crystals, but now, instead of getting Arena chips in Arena fights, and then buying the crystals, we've just put Arena crystals in the Rank rewards. We've worked hard to balance the amount of Crystals to the amount of fights you usually did to win them, but in case we are off, we are very open to correcting course in the future.

We aren't trying to change anything about the way you all play here, and we're definitely not trying to take away Arena Crystals. We're just trying to simplify the economy over time.

I hope this cleared things up, but please don't hesitate to ask any more questions, or to give some feedback once you've checked it out!

The only concern that I would have with having them in the rank rewards is that it is a delayed reward. If gold is needed to pay for donations, or to finish off an upgrade you've spent all day on, it seems like it could be frustrating to need to wait for rank rewards to come in.

The same could be said for if you were working on a mission, and needed just a little energon to finish up the end. Not being able to pop those crystals you put the time in for seems like it will just be more frustrating than the simplification is worth.

Like you said, though, we need to see it in action before forming too much of an opinion.
  • Options
    DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited October 2017
    don't like the idea that we don't get arena chips anymore.. will definitely mean less energon earned and likely less gold for players in the long run. Unless if you have a concrete way of replacing them fairly with something else.
  • Options
    DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    edited October 2017
    What was wrong with arena chips that they had to be replaced? I thought that worked just fine!
  • Options
    Now it's 1k chips for a crystal. If i had 1100, what happen to the balance 100 chips? I will never able to use it?
  • Options
    BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    The main issue I have with the removal of Battlechips is that the announcement seemed to be hidden. Even though the thread was new it wasn't at the top of the announcements for me(it was buried at the bottom) and the link to discuss was just to this big thread where the issue could potentially just get swept under the rug and forgotten about. Also the removal of BC seems like a huge enough detail that it should have been included in the initial update for this huge update. It would have been nice to know we had 1 week left for BC so that we could have spent that time grinding out some extra BC for when the shaft comes in the future. Overall just seems another typical Kabam move of trying to quietly screw the players.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited October 2017
    Hey Guys!

Guys, they aren't getting rid of arena crystals, we just get them in rank rewards now, so don't flip your lids... Hopefully they calculated this properly to include the impact of series rewards on total number of arena crystals.

The part that concerns me is the removal of milestones from arenas. What this seems to mean, without directly saying it, is that energon included in those milestones is going bye bye. I believe that's about 50-75 energon per full arena milestone (5, 10, 15, 20, 25?) we can no longer obtain. Our sole sources of farmed energon now only seems to be calendar rewards and arena crystals.

I can somewhat understand this, since we now have 24hr arenas, and we would effectively have had our farmed energon tripled if the milestones were left intact... But there has to be a better way here.

Can we offset that energon into the arena crystals by slightly increasing the possible energon payout per crystal?
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Energon is going to be in raid store as well and we all have no clue what rank reward structure will be either.

Like all these changes give them a try before bringing out the pitchforks.

One thing everyone missing is basically now if anyone runs one or two rounds of arena they will rank, significantly increasing the pool for rank rewards
  • Options
    @Manthro
    They are not removing milestones from arenas. They are just removing arena chips from milestones
  • Options
    No they definitely said all milestones are gone in all but feature crystals to read paragraph after the arena chips removal
  • Options
    ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    edited October 2017
    Yea, congrats arenas suck now even more. The little rest of motivation I had to do them went away when you removed milestones. So even crystal bounty isn't worth my time now.

No more milestones, a monthly quest event but no quest and you are selling galvatron chips for an absolutely ridiculous price. Great start for the update.
  • Options
    TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Hey Guys!

1. What's the point of crystal bounty without the milestones? That was the whole draw of it. It's going to completely suck and be completely worthless without the milestones.

Why even bother with crystal bounty without milestones.

The only reason to remove them and arena chips is to give players less.

2. The rank reward arena crystal payouts are super low and not even close to accurate or realistic.

3 series is basically a crystal.

20-30 and 30-40% both have the same, 5 crystals. What kind of hard work calculating this was done? You've calculated the same number of series worth of crystals for 20% as 40%?

15 series a day will get me top 30%? That's not even close to realistic.

Only 3 crystals difference between top 2% and top 10%.. are you kidding, 10 and 13 crystals?

Bring back the arena chips. There's ZERO benefit to players in their removal.

Gold is already a serious problem and you've nerfed it into the ground.

I was starting to trust Kabam, but once again you've found a new way to surprise and disappoint.

This honestly feels like self sabotage.
  • Options
    The rank rewards have all changed guys chill out till you see new rank rewards
  • Options
    hoolienweehoolienwee Posts: 159
    edited October 2017
    From what i can see, it makes us harder to farm energon right now. We have no more guaranteed 50 energon per arena. It's all based on luck now. In statistics i got (i accumulated 350k chips), every 50 crystals give average 35 energon and 80k gold.
  • Options
    ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    The rank rewards have all changed guys chill out till you see new rank rewards

I'm seeing the new ranked rewards, and for now I don't like them. Arena is boring, reducing the rewards isn't a compelling argument for me to play more.

At least the monthly event is now live. *itssomething*
  • Options
    WolfeWolfe Posts: 80
    Wow. I absolutely hate arena now. I enjoyed the rewards and enjoyed doing them. Now its meh. Can't buy crystals. No milestones. This is just ugh.